Start by marking “Winter Storms (Winter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Winter Storms (Winter, #3)

Winter Storms

(Winter #3)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  15,358 ratings  ·  1,280 reviews
Gather under the mistletoe for one last round of caroling with the Quinn family in this heartwarming conclusion to Elin Hilderbrand's bestselling Winter Street Trilogy.

Some of the stormy weather of the past few seasons seems to have finally lifted for the Quinns. After a year apart, and an ill-fated affair with the Winter Street Inn's old Santa Claus, Mitzi has returned t
Published October 4th 2016 by Little, Brown and Company

Melissa
I have a confession to make—try not to cringe when you read what I’m about to say—I don’t like Christmas themed books. Of course, I love Christmas, who doesn’t? The decorating, the wrapping, the gift giving, the meaning behind it all and the serious addiction I have to the Chestnut Praline latte at Starbucks, but corny Christmas stories? Not so much.

The Winter series has become the one exception to my staunch refusal to curl up with a holiday story. In fact, the Quinn family has been a part of
Jessica
Oct 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I have really mixed feelings about this one.
(1) It was a quick read, and I enjoyed reading it. I have liked the series and was interested in finding out how the story "ends."
(2) I feel like this book left out SO much. It would just skip big parts of time.
(3) Elin Hilderbrand gave herself a plug in the book... and that bothered me a lot. One of the characters mentioned Hilderbrand's book 'A Beautiful Day.' I just thought that an author trying to work her own books into a plot was a bit tacky.
(4)
Erin
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, series
I am one of those lucky readers that has just finished reading this and knows darn well that the Goodreads tag is a bold faced lie. Why? Because Elin Hilderbrand did not end her story of the Quinn family here. In fact, Winter Solstice is sitting on my nightstand in anticipation.

In this third installment, Kelley and Mitzi still hold out hope that their son, Bart, will return from Afghanistan now that a soldier from his group has been discovered. Jennifer and the boys welcome Patrick home from
Susan Crowe
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really sorry this is the last one. I've truly enjoyed this trilogy. I still loved the first one the most. I remember laughing constantly. Highly recommended reads. Especially around the Christmas holidays. They'll definitely put you in the spirit.
Kat
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-n
This is absolutely one of my favorite Christmas series. Elin Hilderbrand has such a beautiful way of infusing this series with the perfect touches of Christmas tradition, cold weather, the family drama that inevitably ensues when everyone gathers together for the holdiays, and heartwarming moments of joy.

In this third installment, we get more closure than we have before. Couples who have struggled are finding their way and forging forward in their lives. Our sweet Ava, who always seems to be to
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-books
Before I get to this review, there's a couple of things I feel the need to say:

1) I have nothing but the utmost respect for authors who put their works out into the world. It's incredibly hard work to "birth" a book, and then subject yourself to everyone's opinion.

2) Elin Hilderbrand is a model of strength, grace, and perseverance. She faced cancer head-on, and from what she's shared publicly it seems she's on the winning side of that battle. She works hard to help others who are facing cancer,
Denise
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, arc
Why does this series have to end?? I love these characters and I want to continue following them. I'm hoping maybe we'll at least get another novella out of it at some point. I won't give any spoilers, but there are a lot of loose ends tied up (finally!). At times, it almost felt a bit rushed -- it's definitely faster paced than the first two books in the series, but very satisfying. I will recommend that you read books 1 and 2 before starting this one. You'll be lost if you start with book 3.

*T
Sheyla ✎

The Quinns are back!!

This time the book begins way before Christmas.

Jennifer is steel dealing with her pill addiction.
Ava is dating both Nathaniel and Scott (hard to have a favorite. Neither is worth it).
Kevin is getting prepared for his wedding to Isabelle (The plan is to get married during the Christmas Holiday).
Margaret might be walking down the aisle herself.
Kelley has a health issue (I was not prepared for this one. Plenty of tears were shed).
Mitzi is back with Kelley.
Patrick is get
Asheley
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
January 4, 2019: I cannot say anything better than I said in my full review from 11.16.16 for this installment so I'll defer to that one, except I will add this: I have never loved this series more than I do right now, and this third book is my favorite of this reread. Which means it is technically my favorite one of them all right now.

The Quinn family isn't playing around anymore. There is far too much to lose. They want everyone at home, together, safe, healthy, and happy. That's what we all
Amy
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

Elin Hilderbrand is one of my auto buy authors, nothing says summertime like one of her books. A couple of years ago she came out with Winter Street followed by Winter Stroll and I was thrilled. One of my favorite beach read authors was writing a Christmas series?! Bliss. I’ve often wanted to hear about how different Nantucket is during the winter months and it sounds every bit as enchanting as I had imagined.

This is the third book in a trilog
Susan
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss
Perfect ending to an awesome trilogy
MaryBeth's Bookshelf
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
The Quinn Family is back with more drama and Elin Hilderbrand's 3rd book in the Winter Street series. This books is a quick little book that reads like a guilty pleasure soap opera. Fun for the holidays!
Jess (Primrose)
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you Elin Hilderbrand for not ending this series the way I thought it was heading. Thank you for leaving the reader with something for the imagination and Christmas magic hope. Thank you for transporting me to the magic of Nantucket for Christmas the past few years. I enjoyed my time there immensely. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the Quinn family's lives and grow to care about the characters as if I knew them in real life. And overall, thank you for a series that I eagerly look ...more
Anna
Things are looking up for the Quinn family. Mitzi and Kelley are back together, supporting one another through Kelley's health crisis and in their shared worry over Bart's capture in Afghanistan. Patrick is out of jail and Jennifer is working hard in her battle with drug addiction. Kevin is running a successful business of his own, and he and Isabelle are planning a Christmas wedding. Ava has decided to focus on herself and pursue her dreams of big city life.
But life is not without it's ups and
False
Oct 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
When the author dropped the name of one of her books (as a gift at a wedding shower,) I remembering thinking, "So we have reached the apogee of the product placement." I was reading some of the reviews of this book. Like others, I have long grown weary of the name dropping involving restaurants, businesses and products of Nantucket. Do I understand why the author does it? Of course. It boosts the local economy. Live out the book! But it's annoying as hell. A serious weakness. Like other reviewer ...more
Lynn
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: light-reads
More like a 3.5 but I still enjoyed it. Ms. Hilderbrand continues the saga of the Quinn family through all their dramas, and some of angst come to satisfying conclusions.
I have to say that I found Ava's "men" problems a bit tedious, and Potter's name just silly (I decided to read it as Porter. That's just me.)

I also had a problem with Kelley's diagnosis. My husband is a 10 year survivor of the same disease, and the way she presented the initial symptoms in Winter Stroll was just wrong. There is
Holly
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
The best part of this book is that it is a continuation of the same characters I've read about in her previous books. So I enjoyed seeing what happened to them. But otherwise it was bland and superficial (amazing how quickly Jennifer was "cured" of her drug addition) and not very captivating.
Teresa
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this series and Elin is living her best life, and I died when at the wedding shower one of her own books was given as a gift.
Becky
The final book in this series about the Quinn family.

All the characters are back & we catch up where things left off in the 2nd book.

Of the 3 books, I think I liked this one the best. Many things were tied up nicely but there were a few left unanswered threads left hanging. I know this was the final book of this series but it would be nice down the road some day to have a book about Ava or even (view spoiler)
Terri Wino
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: year-2016
I really enjoyed the time I spent with the Quinn family. This book covers the entire year of events after the end of Winter Stroll, but the way it's done is very efficient and effective. Some may not agree, but I actually loved the way the book ended. I like to think of the Quinn family going on in their lives and wonder what the future Christmases will bring for all of them.
Emily Wilkinson (Life with Emily)
For the Quinn family, Christmas is a time to come together at Winter Street Inn and celebrate together. The past year has brought struggles, lies, and hurt among the family, but they are ready to go full steam ahead into another Christmas season together. What will this year hold for the Quinn family? review: If you haven’t read Winter Street and Winter Stroll – read those and then continue with this since it’s the third book of the Winter Street series! Every winter I look forward to diving int ...more
Bookworm
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Dull end to a dull trilogy Having just read another third entry of a trilogy it just seemed like there wasn't high hopes for the closing entry of Hilderbrand's "Winter" trilogy of books. The second book was really very much a bridge between Acts 1 and 3 so expectations were low. But it's almost Thanksgiving in the US and after reading Marie Lu's 'Young Elites' trilogy it seemed like something lighter (and holiday-related) was in order.

Weddings happen. There are some happily ever after afters. G
Debbie
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I have LOVED the Quinn family and have read the other 2 books in this series.

I liked that although the Quinn family (like most families) has issues and faces adversity, they still keep humor. And I love their love of the Christmas holiday.

I liked that the relationships between the family members were not always great, that they called each other out on things, had their fights, but through it all they love and support each other.

I felt this book tied up most of the story lines, but still left so
Mattie Dulka
Jan 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
I wasn't even going to read this, but I had it from the library and basically decided to hate-read it. I actually found Ava slightly less annoying this time. I felt like the purpose of this book was to give every single character a shiny happy ending and I thought that was boring. I didn't notice it in the other two books, but in this one, the writing was so undescriptive. (For example, "He did this." "She went there.") I did think it was nice that Elin name-dropped a couple of other authors in ...more
Juliann B
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2016
Megan Yaek
Apr 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
I liked the story, but it's written horribly.
My high school English students could do better. Choppy sentences, immature characters, predictable.

I know I'm a reading snob, but it was plain awful writing.
Ashley Muniz
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Winter Street

I enjoyed this series. Completed all three titles in a matter of days. Quick reads for the holidays! This was a solid wrap up for the storyline.
Holli
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read this one in 4 days.... can't wait for the 4th and final installment!
Don
Nov 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I looked back at my reviews of the first two entries in this series before choosing to read this one. If I had, I would never in a million years have wasted time on this useless dreck. I finished it, but only because it was relatively short.

If you've followed the series, you already know the members of the Quinn family who populate this book. You also know that their lives are filled with drama and tragedy and that every day brings a new crisis. You know that your heart will not be fille
Teresa
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this trilogy! The Quinn family won my heart.

With this final book, each of the family members have come full circle and their stories are complete.

We witnessed their heartaches and their victories as the books unfolded with the family members stepping in to who they were meant to be, both individually and the role they were to play in the family.

This is a story of who makes up a family, acceptance, forgiveness and love. This wonderful family made up of Kelly, Mitzi, Margaret and Drake,
  • Blue Stars
  • Nantucket
  • For Better, For Worse
  • Bella
  • The Long Way Home
  • Belonging
  • Remembering Sarah
  • The Night Before (Hubbard's Point/Black Hall Series)
  • The Warrior (Warriors, #1)
  • A Wedding in Great Neck
  • Heaven Should Fall
  • My Brother's Keeper
  • Monday's Lie
  • Sweet Tomorrows (Rose Harbor, #5)
  • The Taste of Salt
  • This Heart of Mine: A Prequel to I'll Be Seeing You
  • The Witch of Belladonna Bay
  • Back in the Game
Elin Hilderbrand lives on Nantucket with her husband and their three young children. She grew up in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, and traveled extensively before settling on Nantucket, which has been the setting for her five previous novels. Hilderbrand is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University and the graduate fiction workshop at the University of Iowa.

Facebook.com/ElinHilderbrand

Pinterest.com/Elin

Winter (4 books)
  • Winter Street (Winter, #1)
  • Winter Stroll (Winter #2)
  • Winter Solstice (Winter #4)
“The body of water between Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket is the Muskeget Channel. “I” 1 likes
“Being president of the United States is the most stressful, thankless job in the world and Margaret can’t fathom why anyone would voluntarily pursue it.” 1 likes