Start by marking “The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook: Entertaining for Absolutely Every Occasion” as Want to Read:

Bestselling author, punk goddess, and vegan comfort queen Isa Chandra Moskowitz is back to prove that making festive vegan food for any occasion can be easy, delicious, and superfun.

Gone are the days of stressing over how to please family and friends with different dietary needs. Bursting with knock-your-socks-off, mind-bogglingly tasty vegan recipes for Cinnamon Apple Cre
Published November 15th 2016 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook

Start your review of The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook: Entertaining for Absolutely Every Occasion
PorshaJo
I have read this one cover to cover four times now and plan on doing the same thing again tonight. I'm overwhelmed by all the wonderful looking recipes that I want to make. The book is a huge and it's beautiful. I see myself using this one over and over again.

The book is over 400 pages and split into sections per specific holidays. So for example, in the Valentines Day section, you can have apps, soups, mains, and desserts all in this section. It's quite unique as most cookbooks break down secti
Katie D'Angelo
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Isa Does It" will always be my all time favourite cookbook, but this comes in a very close second. It has some repeat recipes from her other cookbooks, but is full of such good recipes for any holiday (new years, christmas, etc), and makes larger servings than other cookbook recipes. It's perfect for when you're having people who claim they NEED to meat eat at every meal or difficult eaters in general - all the recipes are very "normal" (easy to find ingredients, things people recognize). It al ...more
missy jean
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I mean, this is just getting ridiculous. HOW has Isa written ANOTHER PERFECT AND GIGANTIC COOKBOOK that has delicious recipes and beautiful pictures and witty repartee throughout? Is there a ceiling to her productivity and brilliance?

I'd recommend this one for someone who is looking for impressive and big-batch recipes for entertaining and potlucks. It's organized by holiday, which is fun, and also I keep compulsively reading it.
Debbi
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
There is no need to wait for a holiday! The carrot cake and the blueberry Meyer lemon scones are worth the price of the book. Everything I've tried has been delicious and satisfying to vegans and omnivores alike. There are plenty of good tips and the tone of the book is casual and friendly. The book is fun to read, the recipes are simple and the ingredients are easy to find.
Katie
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: food, cookbooks
Honestly, I thought I'd bookmark a lot more recipes than I did. I maybe have 10 in this HUGE book that I'm thinking about maybe trying, and I really can't think of one, without paging back through. So....not too exciting.

I still gave it 3 stars because the recipes do look fantastic (mostly) but I think I'm just not the kind of cook I used to be. For years, I would relish getting home from work and spending and hour or more in the kitchen making an elaborate and delicious dinner. Now? I just want
Emily S
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Isa is amazing and she has such a great, approachable way of writing. I've made recipes from other books of hers and her website but this is quite the collection. The book is massive! Hostess with the mostess to the max. A lot of the recipes can be simplified for everyday cooking if you're not someone who hosts a lot of parties (and because most of the recipes are for a crowd, you'll have leftovers! Win!) Honestly, would recommend this book for the silly Isa portraits alone.

One nitpick: Unfortun
Doris
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some appealing recipes, but "seasonal" doesn't seem to be a major consideration. Raspberries in winter? Also, it seems as though a good half of the recipes call for raw cashews to be soaked for ersatz cream or cheese: enough with the nuts already!
Clarissa
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say is I'm hungry now!
Patrycja
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This gorgeous, big, fun, amazing Cookbook arrived the other day on my door steps and I am still gushing over it. This is like a vegan bible.
“The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook” by Isa Chandra Moskowitz is absolutely must have on your shelf! Beautifully designed, with gorgeous photos, this cookbook will help to celebrate any occasion with vegan recipes year around!

The book is divided into chapters, that represent all kind of popular holidays in America. From New Year Eve, to Super Bowl, Ch
Jaci Millette Cooper
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Moskowitz is hilarious and charming in her writing (when a recipe calls for sriracha, she gives a precise amount, but then in parenthesis clarifies that you must use less if you're a "spice wimp", ha! She also claims you are awful if you do not cook for someone you love on Valentine's Day-- I tend to agree, hehe). She seems like someone I'd like to have a yummy vegan dinner with-- I especially sensed a potential camaraderie when she says she loves to cook and eat for the SuperBowl, but often fin ...more
Lara
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Um, this book is amazing. I really wish that it had come in to the library before Christmas because I totally could have used it! New Year's is also over and done with, and I'll probably still be post-surgery down for the count for Chinese New Year and the Superbowl, and we don't really do much for Valentine's Day, but maybe by Mardi Gras I will be back up and about and ready to make an Eggplant Po' Boy or Cauliflower & Shiitake Étouffée, or Avocado Cabbage Rolls and Irish Stout Stew for St. Pat ...more
Elizabeth
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book. “Isa Does It” changed my vegan life. I was so excited to buy this and planned Thanksgiving and Christmas exclusively from the recipes found here.

Pastry Crust - Crust was thin and fell apart when I tried to braid it.
Pumpkin Pie - insufficiently sweet with a strange texture.
Fancy/Not Fancy Gravy - Decent umami.
Whipped Potatoes - Creamy and fluffy.
Chocolate Pecan Pie - Decadent but attempted the recipe three times before I made a caramel that did not immediately
Cat
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Queen Isa serves up another instantly classic vegan tome. I love the concept and the thoughtfully grouped recipes. Each section has apps/sides, mains, sweets, and drinks. I can see how this would be a godsend for someone looking to veganize their favorite holiday specialty (and how useful it might be in showing skeptical loved ones that vegan food can, in fact, be delicious). I've never really been one for traditional holiday feasts, so I haven't been using this book quite as intended but it's b ...more
Marathon County Public Library

Are you looking for a cookbook packed with enticing recipes for any occasion? If so, this is a must read! All of the recipes are vegan, so it's perfect if you're cooking for a guest with food allergies, or are just looking for new ideas for you and your family. Many of the recipes are illustrated, which I always love in a cookbook, and are separated by holiday. I've already tried a few of the recipes and all of them have been delicious!

Sarah M. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in
???
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm *that* vegan who's always been content to subside off of simple, basic foods like boiled potatoes and rice; I'm the vegan who confirms the "rabbit food" stereotype to a lot of omnivores. So, when holidays kick around and I'm trying to convince my family that vegan food can be !just as tasty! as the traditional fare most Americans have grown up with, they're not exactly convinced...at least, they weren't until I picked up this book and tested a few of the holiday recipes out; every dish I've ...more
Shannon
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a fantastic cookbook to have on hand if you need to feed a crowd or bring a dish to a potluck. It makes large servings and they tend to be pleasing to people of all dietary persuasions. My favorite recipes so far are the green bean casserole, buffalo chickpea pitas, and the seitan negimaki. The method used to roll out the pastry crust changed my pie-making life, and it might just be my go-to pie crust from here on out. I had trouble with the little peanut butter cups (which were a disast ...more
Sandee
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookery
I got this from the library for Thanksgiving burgers I saw somewhere on the internets. That’s the only recipe I bookmarked after browsing 400+ pages.

-1 Star for descriptions like “buttery”, “eggy” and recipe names like “Pork Fried Rice”.
-1 Star for an overabundance of recipes that are always vegan, like salsa. I just thought there would be more unique recipes for your holidays, not repeats of recipes found in every other cookbook.

The Stuffed Burgers are worth the other three stars on their own
Whitney Pittsenbarger
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I like this book enough. Isa Chandra Moskowitz was the first vegan cookbook I ever bought years ago. So I feel loyal to her and her recipes but looking through this book it feels like it's almost intentionally difficult. I compare it to all the other cookbooks I currently am using and this one seems like it tries so hard to be unobtainable and difficult. So many of the recipes could be cool but they are just over the top , trying too hard. Not to mention these are not within my allergy friendly ...more
Tisha (IG: Bluestocking629)
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For those keeping score, why yes this is yet another Isa Chandra Moskowitz cookbook for me!

I'll allow Isa the honors of letting you know what this cookbook is about. I can not say it better than her: "But this isn't your average entertaining book, where you pull it out once a year and the rest of the time it's being used to press tofu. I want it to be your best friend, sitting on the counter, gossiping with you as you cook along..."

Great recipes. Great read.
Nancy
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great recipes and menus for holidays and celebrations. Not as seasonal as I'd like and maybe a little too much wheat. Note to the publisher: the book is impossible to cook from. It will not stay open. Should have made a better choice in binding.
Stephanie Behl
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great assortment of recipes for every single occasion! Favourites include the Eggy Potato Salad, Chocolate Babka, Carrot Cake, Snuggly Bunnies, and BBQ Tofu "ribs". Recipes range from very simple to slightly complex, but nothing too uncommon or complicated. Definitely recommend!
Alisha S
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Everything is delicious, there's food for a range of levels, honestly just so many recipes, so delicious, I have read this back to front multiple times and have tried so many recipes and loved pretty much all of them. Highly, highly recommend.
Mandy Nash
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I have yet to make any of the recipes I flagged as interesting . But I’m anxious to try them!
Dolly Castro
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!!

This is exactly what I need for my transition to vegan 💪🏽 thank you Isa 💞 i love this book so much!
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comebackto, cooking
a wide range of holiday cooking ideas for vegan options. mostly I was excited about the homemade seitan roast - something to bring up for a future holiday
angeleen
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Strange organization (by holiday instead of by appetizer, dessert, etc) and not enough photos.
Karri-ann Flater
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Delicious food. No matter if you are vegan or not. And that is exactly what I was looking for in my life. Nourishing, enjoyable food.
Adrian Salamon
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
one of the best vegan cookbooks
AnnieM
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you want a beautiful cookbook laid out with photos, color, and great instructions this is for you. It starts in January and marches all the way to December stopping at every holiday on the way.
Aja Marsh
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, vegan, cookbooks
Another fun one from ICM. Great styling and photography and some fun ideas in here, too. Excited to make something soon!
Vegan Cooking & C...: Vegan Holiday Cookbook 1 22 Feb 22, 2017 02:36PM

• Minimalist Baker's Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes
  • Vegan 100: Over 100 Incredible Recipes from Avant-Garde Vegan
  • The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples
  • But My Family Would Never Eat Vegan!: 125 Recipes to Win Everyone Over—Picky kids will try it, hungry adults won't miss meat, and holiday traditions can live on!
  • The How Not to Die Cookbook: 100+ Recipes to Help Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen: Traditional and Creative Recipes for the Home Cook
  • Vegan for Everybody: Foolproof Plant-Based Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and In-Between
  • Raw. Vegan. Not Gross.: All Vegan and Mostly Raw Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
  • Chloe Flavor: Saucy, Crispy, Spicy, Vegan: A Cookbook
  • BabyCakes: Vegan, (Mostly) Gluten-Free, and (Mostly) Sugar-Free Recipes from New York's Most Talked-About Bakery
  • The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
  • Hot for Food Vegan Comfort Classics: 101 Recipes to Feed Your Face
  • Rawsome Vegan Baking: An Un-cookbook for Raw, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Beautiful and Sinfully Sweet Cookies, Cakes, Bars & Cupcakes
  • Wild About Greens: 125 Delicious Recipes from Hearty Soups & Stews to Succulent Sautes & Smoothies
  • Fuss-Free Vegan: 101 Everyday Comfort Food Favorites, Veganized
  • Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck
  • The Taco Cleanse: The Tortilla-Based Diet Proven to Change Your Life
  • BOSH!: The Cookbook: Simple Recipes. Amazing Food. All Plants.
Oh goodness, there is a date of death dropdown menu on this form. Do the fine people of goodreads know something that I don't?

News & Interviews