Start by marking “Beholden (Salvation, #2; The Belonging Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beholden (Salvation, #2; The Belonging Duet, #2)

Beholden

(The Belonging Duet #2)

New York Times bestselling author Corinne Michaels brings the epic conclusion in this binge-worthy series.

Book 2 of 2 in the Belonging Duet

I tried resisting him. I fought to ensure history wouldn’t repeat itself. In the end, Jackson and I knew he would win. He broke down my walls, obliterated every excuse, and made me love him against all odds.

Then he shattered my heart in
Published October 22nd 2014 (first published October 19th 2014)

Start your review of Beholden (Salvation, #2; The Belonging Duet, #2)
Sleepless Readmore
We are all, I suppose,
beholden to our lovers - the question is,
how much? #JodiPicoult
4.5 STARS ..

Catherine and Jackson

description

She gave me the will to love again,
even if it nearly broke us both .."

description

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating .. ►♫

People make mistakes,
mistakes don't make the people .."

After that CLIFFHANGER .. I'm glad I didn't have to wait for the second novel! Talk about #HOTMESS (NOT TALKING ABOUT MYSELF .. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS EMOTIONS O
Michelle
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the follow up novel from Corinne Michaels, Beholden begins with a prologue that tore my heart out and the story that followed never once released its grip.

Catherine had finally decided what she wanted. Jackson. But her heart is broken as he walks away from her just when she realizes what she wants. Another man that let her down. But this time she is willing to fight for what she wants and it’s not an easy battle. Jackson is recovering from his injuries, having to come to terms with the slow
Beverly
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beholden is the continuation of Catherine and Jackson’s story and if you read Beloved you know this cliffy was a mother. Unfortunately this is Corinne we are talking about so you can expect the unexpected.

I jumped right into this story after that nerve biting cliffy and read it in one sitting…both books back to back. That may seem crazy, but if you read these books it would make complete sense.

After I read Beloved I was completely messed up with what would come in this installment. Of course wh
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
****4 MuFFIn StArS****

OMG the opening scene
for this 2nd instalment of Beloved had me speechless SPEECHLESS I TELL YOU, I was like WTF this can't be right!!

As Catherine and Jackson's story continues....

Everything becomes foggy and numb. I'm so tired. The smell of sweat, blood, and fear filters through the humvee.

"Eye's open you FUCKBAG! Don't close them"

Yes, Yes, Yes my thought's exactly!!!

I tell you I was all in a tizz
....

As I said in My Beloved Review it was exactly how
Jiana
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well. No.

I wanted this to be better than Beloved, but sadly it turned out worse. Obviously I'm a minority here because most readers who read this seemed to have loved it. But I just couldn't bring myself to care about either of the MCs and their relationship. *sighs*

This book was loaded with drama which wasn't well dealt with. I was cringing most of the times at how cheesy their relationship was. Look, I'm all for cheesy. Sometimes we all need some cheesy books, but this one? No. Way too cheesy.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Beholden (Belonging #2) by Corinne Michaels
5 stars!!

“People make mistakes, mistakes don’t make the people.”

Well, I have cried like a baby reading this book, Corinne Michaels certainly ripped my heart out, stomped on it, cut it up into little tiny pieces and then slowly but surely put it back together again. I love an emotional read, they are my favourites and Corinne certainly delivered on that front, I was decimated but I also had a lot of laughs and smiles.

After the cliffy we were
Aleatha Romig
It took no time at all for me to fall back into Catherine and Jackson's world. As a follow up to Corinne Michael's novel Beloved, Beholden took me right back to the love that Catherine and Jackson shared.

Life happens and these two individuals are tested...I loved how strong the characters were and how strongly I felt their feelings. Corinne does a masterful job of immersing her readers in this world of trust, friendship, honor, loyalty, and love. I couldn't wait to find out what happened or to l
Danna Iuliana
Amy
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was blown away earlier this year when I read Corinne Michaels debut novel, Beloved. I was stunned. This was one of those books that had you thinking, how is this, this authors first book??? So, I've been sitting here, impatiently waiting for Beholden to come out, and it was so worth the wait!!!!!

Beholden picks up right where the brutal cliffhanger in Beloved left off. Jackson has been injured and Catherine is right there, standing by his side. There are so many questions that need to be answer
Ninfa Zito-Maisano
BOOM…BOOM…BOOM…BOOM…CLAP!!!!! Do you hear that? That will be the sound of your heart, the beat goes on and on and on with every page you turn and read with this heart pounding, soul touching, and mind-blowing story!!!

“Is there anything ever broken beyond repair.” Can a life, a heart, a soul ever be put back together? What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, at least that’s what they say…
“My mind is filled with a thousand questions and none of them I want the answers to.”
What do you do when y
Kelli C
I will start by saying Corinne Michaels writes beautifully. I really appreciate an angsty love story with passion, steam and full on emotions. Im pretty certain that book 1 and its cliffhanger gutted me for days so this was pre-order/1-click no mess around kinda book for me!

This series is all about second chance love, sacrifice, and taking a chance. It is also about the highs and lows of falling in love. Jackson and Catherine are beautiful together.

So, If I could, I would love to rate this revie
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is the continuation of Jackson and Catherine’s story. Things were very up in the air at the end of Beloved and ended quite dramatically. Things were messy in their relationship and Catherine was confused about how things stood between them. However, this has to be put aside while they deal with what has happened to Jackson.

Catherine is bedside to Jackson as he wakes up from his injuries in hospital. All she is concerned about is his health and recovery, the thought of losing him permanently
Pam Nelson
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Beholden Stars

It has taken me a few days to let the rest of this story sink in. I loved it as you can tell by my star rating.

But it was more than that it was the feeling I had when I finished the book. I can’t explain it. I thought if I took a day or so it would help me be able to put in to words why I liked this part of the story so much.

I wasn't a fan of Catherine in book one only because I didn't feel she was a very strong character but she sure showed me in this book. She was everythin
Kiki
Jul 16, 2019 marked it as dnf
Paz
Nov 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed the first book but this book was like a damn tug of war. There was too much bickering back and forth. The annoying heroine was the icing to this overdramatised story line. Their relationship gave me a damn case of whiplash. They constantly declared their love for each other and that they will never ever leave each other. Then a misunderstanding happened that led to a series of drama and more drama, unnecessary drama. Clearly, they did not get the memo that a relationship involve
Christy
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, beautiful
I just finished and I am on a Beholden high! Corinne blew me away with her beautiful writing in Beloved and she did not miss a beat in the follow up. The writing is flawless! This storyline kept me crying, laughing, and screaming! The easy banter between all of the characters allowed me to instantly transform myself into the story. Beloved made me fall in love with Jackson and Catherine but Beholden has engrained them into my heart. Their story wasn't pretty or anywhere near perfect but it's the ...more
Laura Hansen
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperbacks
You know when you have been waiting for the next book to come out in a series or in this case a duet. Well when I received my ARC for an honest review I was re-thinking it as I was a crying my eyes out. But it was well worth the tears, heart break and laughs. So get your tissues, wine, ice cream whatever you need and find out what happens with Jackson and Cat!!!

It was Amazing!!! Corinne gave me everything I wanted in Beholden. I love her style of writing and I am looking forward to more books b
Mandi
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Jackson the very moment Cat fell into his lap in Beloved, before actually. This wonderful, sexy, damn near perfect man who helped to make a broken woman whole again, better version of her even. Cat was beat down, believed herself incapable of being loved and he helped to turn her into someone who believed in herself and her ability to love and be loved in return. He built her up. Made her strong. Then it bit him in the ass.
When his past is dropped like a bomb into his present
Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic
Why oh why do I continue to torture myself...... because I can't help falling in love with these amazing characters and stories! Corinne once again had me laughing, crying and in awe of her storytelling. This book is the continuation of Cat and Jackson's story and one that was heartbreaking, riveting and downright seducing that you just can't put it down. I've waited too long to read this duet because I was so afraid to have my heart shredded but it was worth every moment! ...more
Wil Loves Books!
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loooved this, especially the ending. This seriously gave me all the feels and Catherine and Jackson are a truly amazing couple. The audiobook is fantastic as well. Absolutely recommend.
AJ
2.5 angsty, overly dramatic stars

Mixed feelings again for this book. Picking up immediately after the nasty cliffy of Beloved, I was right into the story and really enjoyed the emotion and excitement as it all played out. Jackson and Catherine’s love story progressed beautifully as they realized and openly admitted that they wanted to be together, they sorted through their issues, and everything was swoony, passionate and functional – just the way I like it!

But there are still secrets between t
Linda
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A magnificent 5+ star pressure cooker that grabs a hold of your heart from the prologue and doesn't let go!!!!!!

Breathtaking
Endearing
Heart-twisting
Overwhelming
Loyal
Devoted
Erotic
Naughty

It is extremely hard to put into words all the emotions one feels when you read a story such as this one. You don't want to spoil it for anyone but you desperately want to convey how madly you have fallen for the characters, the kick-ass writing and how much it makes an imprint on your soul forever. So with that sa
Reanell Tisdale
5 beholden stars!

Wow. Just wow. Jackson Cole stole my heart with Beholden. I loved him in Beloved, but finding out details about his past made me fall head over heels in flove with him.

I was so scared to read Beholden because of the way Beloved left off. Then Corinne kept sharing teasers that would make me flinch with worry. The anticipation was killer!!!

Corinne's writing is fantastic. She manages to grab you from page one and not let up until you have the book finished. She makes each and ever
Ayushi Agarwal
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: corinne-michaels
"Catherine, you're my heaven. So I thought I was dead, because that's when I thought I'd see you again."

"I miss you even when you're here."

What can I probably comment on this wonderful love story. While reading the story I literally got goosebumps all over. I could feel the love which was poured from Jackson for Catherine and vice versa. I'm in awe with this pair. They went through many ups and downs undoubtedly but were back together with more love and adoration. I just loved the way the story
K. Langston
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Packed full of intense moments that leave your chest aching, this book is the perfect conclusion to an amazing love story. There was also an abundance of laughter, and even a few tears along the way. The balance between book one and two is very well executed, leaving the reader fully satisfied.

"Regret is a motherfucker"

Don't miss out on Jackson and Catherine's story. You'll surely regret it if you do.

Can't wait to see what next from this talented author!

Alison Manning
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We have already fallen in love with Jackson and Catherine, and had our heart strings pulled to the limit in Beloved and things were left a bit ‘tits up’ to say the least! You need to be prepared and put on your big girl panties and get ready for the continuation of their story!

The path of true love never runs smoothly and you have to therefore take the rough to get to the smooth as Catherine and Jackson’s whole story needs to be told. Beholden will pull you in from the start and you will not be
Carla Brickey Sanders
<3 I cannot say enough about this book or this author .. She's extremely gifted in many areas, including but not limited to, making you smile, making you frown, making you ugly cry, turning your world upside down and imploding in on itself, making you smile again, making you cry tears of happiness, making your heart soar and making you smile.. If you haven't read Beloved (book 1), I highly recommend you stop what you're doing and do so now so that when Beholden is released you can 1 click it and ...more
Bing
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was the continuation of Jackson and Catherine's story and it started right where Beloved left off.

I was glad they didn't prolong getting back together. There really wasn't any reason to do so. They both knew how they felt for each other, and whatever misguided reasons they had for putting the breaks on their relationship, they were also aware it was never because they had doubts about their feelings.

But this couple didn't get a reprieve from challenges though. Catherine's ex was still crea
Holly
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After Corinne left me gasping at the end of Beloved, I was sure of these things…I loved Jackson, Catherine, the writing, and I wanted to choke Corinne lol. She left me drowning in a sea of emotions, needing Beholden like a life raft. I admit I was a little nervous starting Beholden, unsure of where it was headed based on some teasers I had seen, but, I pulled on my big girl swimmies and jumped feet first into the conclusion of Jackson & Catherine…and what a conclusion! From the prologue to the e ...more
Melissa
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My words will not bring justice to this story. I cried I laughed my heart shattered and was put back together. The tragedy the love the heroism of these characters simply speechless. I fell in love with Jackson and Catherine( I'm crushing hard on Mark) in Beloved and this surpassed all my expectations. The beauty of some of the lines can make you sob then I'm laughing out loud at others. The shout out to Hudson Pierce loved it! Absolute perfection must read! "I never believed in fate but then I ...more
Beholden 4 44 Nov 14, 2014 01:31PM
Corinne Michaels...: Beholden 7 32 Sep 08, 2014 04:37AM

• My Sinful Desire (Sinful Men #2)
  • My Sinful Love (Sinful Men #4)
  • My Sinful Longing (Sinful Men #3)
  • Love Unexpected
  • My Sinful Nights (Sinful Men, #1)
  • Hollywood Scandal
  • King of Wall Street (The Royals Collection, #1)
  • Park Avenue Prince (The Royals Collection, #2)
  • The Dream Guy Next Door (Guys Who Got Away, #1)
  • The Wrong Gentleman
  • Sexy
  • Every Second with You (No Regrets #3)
  • My Sinful Temptation (Sinful Men #5)
  • Call Me Maybe (Love Lines, #1)
  • The Empire State Series
  • The Start of Us (No Regrets, #1)
  • The Thrill of It (No Regrets, #2)
Corinne Michaels is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of romance novels. Her stories are chock full of emotion, humor, and unrelenting love, and she enjoys putting her characters through intense heartbreak before finding a way to heal them through their struggles.

Corinne is a former Navy wife and happily married to the man of her dreams. She began her writing

The Belonging Duet (2 books)
  • Beloved (Salvation, #1; The Belonging Duet, #1)

News & Interviews

“I did this because my life without you doesn’t work. This is your dream and I won’t ask you to choose, but you, you are my dream.” She” 4 likes
“People make mistakes, mistakes don’t make the people.” 3 likes