Start by marking “The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland #2)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland #2)

The Golden Dynasty

(Fantasyland #2)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  24,071 ratings  ·  2,232 reviews
Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she’s not having a wild dream, she’s living a frightening nightmare where she’s been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short order, she’s installed very unwillingly on her white th ...more
Published February 5th 2016 by Kristen Ashley (first published August 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Golden Dynasty, please sign up.
Marie I know, right? It's insane. I think the reason it went over without much protest is there is no graphic description of rape. Everything is vague or…moreI know, right? It's insane. I think the reason it went over without much protest is there is no graphic description of rape. Everything is vague or fades to black, so the reader doesn't have to confront how bizarre it is that the author set up a rapist and human trafficker as the romantic hero of the story. (less)
Sönïa Dhillion I was wondering the same thing as shubha . My brother recently started watching the show .so I watched it too but then I thought the show started 2011…moreI was wondering the same thing as shubha . My brother recently started watching the show .so I watched it too but then I thought the show started 2011 whereas this series came before but then I remembered there is a book series before the show was aired . Just like the outlander so the question remains.(less)

·  24,071 ratings  ·  2,232 reviews

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One of my absolute favorites, especially by Kristen Ashley <3
Amazing book, love it to pieces :))))

The story

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Circe suddenly wakes up in a strange place surrounded by women and finds out that they are about to be hunted by warriors.
If only it was a bad dream, but no, the warrior king sees her, fights for her, and wins her.
Right after the brutal claiming (rape), she is presented to his people as their golden queen.
Yep, poor Circe had it bad right from the start, and
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

You know you’ve struck gold when you've found an author whose every book you experience becomes your newest favorite, and such is the case with Kristen Ashley. Every single book I've read, 21 to date, has become a keeper because the characters and their stories grab hold and just will not let go!

How is it possible that this happens time and time again, you ask?

Well, when I sit down to read a book and escape the crap that comes with real life, it's not the properly placed semi colon or comma tha
Jilly
Sep 08, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, hated-it
The only thing that could make this book okay is if the author donated all of the money made on it to battered women's shelters to help the women who have suffered the atrocities that she is trying to glamorize in this book. Rape is never romantic. Domestic abuse is never forgivable. Slavery is never acceptable.

We start out with a "hunt" where women are in a corral and are set loose to run for their lives as men on horses hunt them down, rape them, tear off all their clothes, and then display th
Stacey is Sassy
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes an epic tale...
***Re-read April 18, 2017 June 20, 2018***

I don't think it could EVER be a bad experience...

It's my yearly visit and I loved it AGAIN. I will be back.

***********

So, Goodreads is telling me that I’m re-reading The Golden Dynasty for the 21st time. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration…but it might also be pretty bloody accurate. I LOVE THIS STORY!!

I was having a think on why I love re-reading, or in a lot of cases listening to an audio for a re-read, so much. I think re-reading is like being
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5.5 stars!

I ABSOLUTELY ADORED THIS BOOK!!!!

Kristen Ashley never ceases to amaze me with the beauty of the books she writes. Seriously, this story is just magical <3

Its a story about two people overcoming extreme cultural differences for the sake of love. There were parts of this book that were gruesome, brutal and sickening, parts that were swoony, heart-melting and utterly precious and ultimately it told a beautiful story about compromise, understanding and acceptance.

The story follows
Christy
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MORE than 5 stars!!!

photo ad246ffa-6d90-4f3a-9377-61091eb4b4b3_zpsd01261d0.jpg

It’s no secret I am a huge KA fan. Love her books. Some are good, most are great, and a few are exceptional. This is an exceptional read! Such an amazing story! Loved every single thing about it!

I went to bed in my bed in a world I understood and I woke up here in a world that was entirely foreign to me, everything about it, and not one thing about it was good. And now I was running for my life.
Circe is just a girl from Seattle who woke up one morning surrounded by Korwahk
Candace
Of all the books in Kristen Ashley's 'Fantasyland' series, 'The Golden Dynasty' was by far my favorite. I love dark, controversial romances that make you love them in spite of all reason. This was one of those stories. I spent as much time cringing as I did smiling, but I couldn't have asked for more. I loved this one!

If you've read many of Ms. Ashley's books, then it goes without saying that the hero is an over-the-top Alpha. Dax Lahn, King of Suh Tunak and the Horde of Korwahk, was pretty inti
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Re-read (for probably the 5th time) 3.25.14

6+++ STARS

I gave up my world for you, Lahn. I sat at your side through things people in my world would find loathsome and I did it with my head held high. I even felt pride that I could endure, that I could be a good queen to you. I didn’t know how to be a queen but every day I walked amongst your people giving them my time and my ear and my attention, hoping that was what I was supposed to do. Everything I did in this fucking place, even before I fel
Kristen
December 29, 2013 Update

I decide to give this book another try and I'm so glad I did. Even though I still struggled with the rape scene at the beginning of the story, I believe this to be Kristen Ashley's best work. It's not my favorite but it's brilliantly and superbly written. I'm so glad I gave it another chance.

April 12, 2012

DNF

I did not finish this book due to personal reasons. Because there is no disclaimer at the beginning of the book, I feel the need to let potential readers know ab
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

RE-READ#7

Still one of my favourite books ever. *sigh*

** 10 “loot kay hansahnalay na” STARS **

“If you’re given the opportunity to look deep enough, you can see a person’s spirit in their eyes but usually, they are guarded, kept safe. Not you, my tigress. You hold your spirit close to the surface for all to behold and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
~ LAHN

This book... This f*ckin' book.

It was nothing like any other I’ve ever read.

From the first page, to the last, I lost myse
Wendy
I have read this wonderful book many many times. I can honestly say, that this is my absolute favorite KA book...and I have many KA favorits.

YqiFWKK.gif (431×281)

I never took the time to review this one though, because I love it so much...which is making it hard for me to write down a proper review. I have so many many feelings about this one, that I don't even know how or where to start.

giphy.gif (500×262)

Being that this is one of my all time favorite books though, I felt I had to write down something....so here goes.

Circe is a 35 ye
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Re reading again! I love this book.

And I left this series till last and did not think I would like it, and even starting this book, it started horrifically, and I wondered how KA could redeem him, but for me she just did!

“I could not dream a better you.”
Oh my God.
Oh… my… God.
Did he just say that?
I stared into his warm eyes.
He just said that.
And that was so sweet, so unexpected but so welcome, my breath arrested and all I could do was continue staring at him.
He wasn’t done. “A better wife
Penny
"I gave up a world for you."

I LOVED IT. LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!

“I already had a feeling I was screwed, seeing I was in sacrificial virgin attire and in a corral. But now I was thinking I was way screwed. My attention focused back on her when she went on to say in a dire tone, “The Wife Hunt.”

This was an amazing book! AMAZING!

“My side hurt. My feet hurt. My neck hurt. My ass hurt. I needed a fucking bra. But I didn't care. I just ran.”

I have no words, I don't know what to say! I need to
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
5+++++++++++++++++ STARS

This is seriously in my top 5 of all time EVER books. I loved it. I can't even write a review about it because I would butch it. DAX LAHN, I love you.
Alexis *Reality Bites*

photo 83938-Sue-Sylvester-OUTSTANDING-gif-t7Eq_zps1eaede2f.gif

This series is

photo tumblr_mo0xqo6P361stlf11o1_500_zpsa6b7d4cb.gif

My Thoughts are
KA is a true GENIUS!! The second I finished this book I found my self wanting to go back to the beginning to start all over again. YES, it was that GOOD! I noticed how KA set up each story in the first book which is Wildest Dreams, again GENIUS! It was that fantasyland book where she mentions what's up with each couple and even sets the story line up for her current release B
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Reread #4848548469 on 4/21/18
LOVE THIS BOOK

So when I discovered one of my all time favorite books was released in paperback for the first time, I bought that paperback right away! I meant to skim my favorite parts, but ended up completely rereading the entire book. And it was just as good if not better the second time around.

I am writing this review on a different edition of the book, so I think 2 reviews will show up and for that I am sorry if it bothers anyone. But since Goodreads doesn't ha
Amy | Foxy Blogs
17 hours of audio bliss!! My favorite Kristen Ashley book to date!!!

If you're a fan of GAME OF THRONES love story between Daenerys and Khal Drogo then this story is for you!!! This is how I pictured their love story had Khal Drogo stayed on the show longer.

READ IT!!! I'm already planning to re-read this book later this year!!

SERIES
Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1) by Kristen Ashley The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2) by Kristen Ashley Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3) by Kristen Ashley Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4) by Kristen Ashley Midnight Soul (Fantasyland, #5) by Kristen Ashley
The Fantasyland Series is a series of five novels that take place in our world and a parallel universe where fantasies are true... but perhaps not all you would
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

OK, mini review for this one.

I am so glad I read this! Dax Lahn = The Man

I hate fantasy crap, I don't like LoTR or Hobbits or (gasp) GoT! I don't mind a vamp and dabbled in shifters way back when Samantha Towle was writing them, but the thought of this series generally gave me the shivers so I steered well clear for years.

What a fucking idiot I am, because it turns out that this is now one of my favourite KA books ever! Really I should have been more open minded, I mean I love
Jennifer Kyle
description

It’s a known fact that I don’t read synopses and loving Wildest Dreams had me expecting more sleigh rides, castles and fancy parties. What I got was BRUTAL but nonetheless FANTASTIC.

description

This story opens in one hell of a horrific situation and I was longing for a card game in the pub like in the first book of this series.

Kristen Ashley brought a brutal, savage, warrior king (the most alpha male she has ever written) to fall in love despite language, culture and world barriers was truly mesmerizing.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Dax Lahn screamed of Drogo from the Games of Thrones and picturing him looking like Jason Mamoa was no hardship. I absolutely loved his character. There is nothing better than a dominant alpha who turns into such a protective loving mate to his woman. Even with the beginning of this story having some scenes that I would normally abhor in my romance novel, the author did such a good job of explaining it that I couldn't even hold their customs against them. That being said, there are triggers in t ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
OMG I freakin loved it!!! I loved every damn thing about it!! I know I say the same thing about every KA book, but she is awesome!!I loved her writing! I fell immediately in love with the beautiful and gorgeous characters.The characters come to life and they are so real!!!I fell like I was there with them all the time!!

The story begins with Circe who wakes up one day to find herself in a cage and part of a bride hunt. She ends up being claimed by the King...Dax Lahn who was a barbarian king in
It's just me Shelly B
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to It's just me Shelly B by: Blacky *Romance Addict*
“He is a savage. Tales of his exploits have spread wide. Very cruel. Heartless.”

King Lahn or Dax Lahn if you speak Korwahk

He is a savage and me likey savages!!!!!!!! He was so perfect in every primitive way possible!! The people that he ruled, the Korwahk nation are basically savages, the warriors pick their brides in a hunt.

Yes people a hunt!! All the beauties of many nations are basically kidnapped and the warriors, of this race of people, get to pick their bride but then they have to hunt the
Mo
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
F##k me Pink.... what a rollercoaster of a ride. Swore I would never read it - it is Fantasy - HATE Fantasy, hate vampires, hate time travel books - but it is KA so after I saw some of my GR buddies had given it great ratings decided to dive in - Thanks H.J. for the lend but I will probably end up getting my own copy. Freaking awesome - totally got into their world - it was so believable - Lahn - Hunt me down anytime Babe! Felt a bit for poor Pop at the end but as long as his girl was happy he w ...more
Brandi
description

Wow. This story starts off brutal. I was pulled right into Circe's story. Her circumstances at the beginning are unimaginable. Thrown into an alternate reality, an unwilling participant in a primitive culture's wife hunt. Eek! 2 guess how these women are 'claimed', you only need one. To say Circe is terrified is an understatement, but she cannot escape. She is claimed. He is terrifyingly beautiful, savage, and speaks another language. He is Dax Lahn is the king of Suh Tunak.

Witnessing Circe and
Elizabeth
Re-read July 20-25, 2018
This book will never get old. I love every second!

Re-read July 1-4
I know that many of my friends make fun of me for reading so many things at once but I just can't help it! While on vacation this past week, I couldn't help but pick up one of my faves! I absolutely adore this book. Circe and Lahn are two of my favorite characters of all time! This book has it all! Romance, passion, action, and the absolute best steamy scenes! It doesn't matter if you are a KA fan or not,
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
5/5 stars

reread:
20/05/18

OKay, I am still so emotional over this book so this probably won't be a very cohesive review because I have so many feels and things I want to say about this book and I don't quite know how to.

This book gave me the biggest Khal Drogo and Khaleesi feels, the characters are almost described exactly the same as the TV characters, so if you've ever wished for a book about their romance with a happy ending, this is for you.

This book follows Circe Quinn as she suddenly wakes
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
5 GOLDEN SHIMMERING STARS

Well, well, well Kristen Ashley rocked it out yet again!!! This book was mind blowingly awesome!!!

The second book, Golden Dynasty in the fantasyland series was a fantastic addition. It was fast paced, crazy and incredible. The book starts out insanely!!! Circe is a stunningly beautiful golden haired, golden eyed girl who wakes up locked in a crate (A FREAKING CRATE :/). In this crate she is surrounded by a bunch of other beautiful women dressed in skimpy clothes that a
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

Rereading 6/24/2016
* Now in Audio!!

Just as FANTASTIC in audio it is in print!! I was a bit worried how they would incorporate the Korwahk language, I shouldn't have worried they did a beautiful job!

* The narrator Tillie Hooper who also narrated "Wildest Dreams" does a decent job, she actually got better as she went along and became familiar with the characters.

Originally read August 2012

I started out really hating this book (view spoiler) but ended
Lorena
Nov 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Recommended to Lorena by: Only myself to blame
Review contains strong themes including rape

The Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley is the story of Circe, a modern woman from Seattle, who wakes up in a parallel universe. She is upon waking subjected to a so called wife hunt, rape and forced into marriage. The story continues of the main characters' struggle to overcome their many differences and Circe’s struggle to accept this new world of the Korwahk and her new warrior husband Lahn.

I didn't like this book at all and I especially loathe the her
Looking for more… 7 230 Dec 21, 2018 10:31AM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Fantasy/Romance woman from our world goes to parallel world. [s] 14 91 Jan 22, 2018 10:00AM
Turning Pages At ...: Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley 43 31 Nov 03, 2017 04:23AM
Books like this? 34 1982 Feb 03, 2017 02:06PM
Kristen Ashley Ad...: The Golden Dynasty (Book #2)Dax Lahn and Circe (Spoilers Possible) 499 1380 Nov 09, 2016 07:13PM
In case you didn't know. 1 124 Jun 25, 2016 08:09AM
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
  • Transcendence (Transcendence, #1)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Heat
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • All the Sky (Signal Bend, #5)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • Enemy Mine (Alpha and Omega, #2)
  • Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Fantasyland (5 books)
  • Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)
  • Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3)
  • Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4)
  • Midnight Soul (Fantasyland, #5)
“I could not dream a better you.”

Oh my God.

Oh… my… God.

Did he just say that?

I stared into his warm eyes.

He just said that.

He wasn’t done. “A better wife, a better queen. Not even in a dream could I create better than you.”
137 likes
"I gave up a world for you."
He glared at me, not giving me anything.
I kept right on going. "I thought, perhaps, when I learned I had powers, I might be able to use them to go home," his eyes flashed but that was all I got so I kept on going, "but not for good. My father isn't dead." Another flash. "He's alive and at home and living maybe with a fake Circe. He'll know the difference, though, I KNOW it. He's out of his mind with worry, I know that too. He's wondering where I am and if I'm okay and how to get me back. I also know that. I know that and I know that my life was good. I loved my life. I loved my home. I loved my job. I had a lot of people who loved me that loved me back." I sucked in a breath and then whispered, "But as much as your world scared me, as much as our practices repulsed me, I still chose you."
His torso jerked, it was almost imperceptible, but I caught it.
I kept at him. "I gave up my world for you, Lahn. I sat at your side through things people in my world would find loathsome and I did it with my head held high. I even felt 'pride' that I could endure, that I could be a good queen to you.......Everything I did in this fucking place, even before I fell in love with you, was for...fucking...YOU."
90 likes