Start by marking “The Seeing Place” as Want to Read:
The Seeing Place

The Seeing Place

Hot-shot producer Thuli Poni is holding auditions for her latest play in Cape Town. Andile Sebe is an up-and-coming star, just waiting for his big break. Thuli casts Andile and challenges him to link his painful past with the role he is portraying, leading him to open up to her. The two fall for each other and a passionate romance ensues.

But when auditions open for Sins of
Published February 14th 2016 by Ankara Press

To ask other readers questions about The Seeing Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seeing Place

Start your review of The Seeing Place
Literary Everything
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Seeing Place is a steamy and passionate story about an older successful woman and a younger waiting-for-his-big-break man, a departure from the norm. Like A Tailor-made Romance, it addresses prejudice and overcoming class divides. Though Thuli and Andile are from different social classes, they share the love of the same thing-theatre. Read our full review here http://literaryeverything.com/2018/06...
Amaka Azie
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. I loved how Andile, a budding actor, did not let himself get pushed over by older and more successful producer Thuli. The chemistry between Thuli and Andile was sizzling. I loved the glimpse into Cape Town, the lifestyle, food, nightlife etc. This was a pleasant read for me and I definitely recommend ...more
H.C. Maree
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read with colourful cameos of life in Cape Town and clever, humorous dialogue throughout. Gives a glimpse into the lives of actors and performance. Fast-flowing story filled with steamy passion and romance.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

This book is one i struggled with and i ended up having to skim read it as i do hate not to finish a book.

The book could have done with a pronunciation page along with a page that explained what some of the words meant. As this is a South African author some of the words used meant absolutely nothing to me, such as the endearments etc so i was like "What"?

Thuli is a 28 year old with money who is in cape town for
Lu (Sugar & Snark)
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
Thuli and Andile are worlds apart in some ways, but so similar in other ways. Yes she is rich and successful and he is a dreamer, but they both love the theater! So what happens when these two meet? Sparks fly!

Andile is a hardworking, kind man who does the best he can. He is also handsome and can have any girl he wants, yet he seems to be holding out for something special. He was a pleasure to read. Innocent in a way but also very swoon-worthy. Thuli was a great character! Deep with some
Tina
Apr 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the plot twist that it is the hero who needs saving by the heroine for once.
Empi Baryeh
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
The Seeing Place takes dares to pair an older, financially independent woman with a younger male who’s struggling to make ends meet. To boot, the heroine holds the hero’s next career step in her hands. I found this combination to be a refreshing change from the norm.

Set in Cape Town, South Africa, and centred around the world of theatre, the story stays true to the modern African entertainment scene. I could relate with the story and the setting. The main characters are not stereotypical as the
Nana Prah
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is so much going against this couple, but attraction isn’t one of them. It is clear from the beginning of the book that despite their differences they have chemistry, that’s always a good thing. It turns out that their differences aren’t as extreme as they’d initially thought.
Leenna Naidoo
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this eBook in a contest.

The Seeing Place is a truly satisfying South African romance. Boy from the township meets savvy older woman with some issues and a secret she thinks will hold him back. Best of all, this modern romance is true to its setting and its people. All in all, Aziza Eden Walker gives us a quick read packing all you’d want from a modern romance, including some great supporting characters and dialogue.

Thuli Poni, producer and casting director, in dire need of transport and a
Darkowaa
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
!!! http://africanbookaddict.com/2016/03/...
Thank you to the lovely ladies over at ANKARA PRESS for this copy to be reviewed.
3.5 stars! I enjoyed this African romance/chic lit novel. It was written well, better than i expected! The story takes place in Cape Town and Jo'burg and follows the growing relationship between Thuli Poni and dark chocolate hunk (3 years younger than her), Andile. The sex scenes were surprisingly quite explicit (I ain't complaining lol). The story line was very fairytale
Joalida Smit
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Once i started this book I could not put it down! Fun, refreshing with some fantastic dialogue and interesting characters, the book had me gripped from the moment Thuli finds herself in the midst of the Long Street Carnival. Loved the scenes of Cape Town, the local haunts and the insights into the minds of actors. Its like sipping champagne under the African sky...this book will stay with you for a while. A great read....
Tiara
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
'The Seeing Place' is an ever-so-real, sophisticated, feel-good read about the sweltering, on-off romance between entertainment entrepreneur Thuli Poni and her alpha male love interest, the palpably dashing Andile. It's a quintessential new South African novel, incorporating an inventive, steamy and unputdownable narrative that celebrates everything that is cool and contemporary about Cape Town's young black jet set. Deliciously sexy, very romantic, well paced and utterly refreshing!
AJC
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so great I read it twice. It is so well written! I found the main character so encouraging, and not just for myself but for all women in general. I cannot wait to read another book by the same author because I just know that it would speak to me just as much as The Seeing Place did. I also found her blog very interesting, with tips for writers: https://edenwalker.blog/
Ndeye Sene
Natalie Louw
Feb 10, 2017
Igrowastreesgrow
May 05, 2017
Aziza Eden Walker is a former actress and psychologist who now writes full-time.

She began writing love stories on a little blackboard as a teen, the advantage being that she could rub the risqué bits out before anyone saw them!

She has published short stories and poetry. The Seeing Place is her first novel with Ankara Press.