Start by marking “Loving Djinni” as Want to Read:
Loving Djinni

Read Book

Loving Djinni

Left to die in a sealed tomb, David, an educated and good-natured New York arts dealer and part-time forger, stumbles over a old oil lamp. But instead of producing a little light for David’s last hours, it conjures forth a veritable djinni.
An ancient, tempting, puckish djinni, who in David’s company prefers to show himself as an irresistibly handsome, fit and barely legal
Paperback, First Edition, 190 pages
Published April 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Loving Djinni, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Djinni

Start your review of Loving Djinni
SheReadsALot
3.75 HEARTS--Genies!

Or in Loving Djinni's case, the djinn.

Genie, djinn, whatever you'd like to refer to these magical entities, I've been a fan for a LONG time. I've put out the call for authors in the past to think genie. I think it's an untapped magical treasure chest of fun just begging to be written. In the paranormal sector of Romancelandia where werewolves and vampires reign supreme, genies are practically nonexistent.

You could just imagine my excite when I saw this title. O
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This story was an impulse buy, and I'm not sorry. I liked the blend of sweet and sexy. David's ex got what was coming to him, and Sharu was too naughty for his own good.

Don't expect anything deep. This one is all fluff with a cuddly HEA.

Closer to 3.5, rounded down because of the numerous editing issues (mostly missing words).
Teal
2.5 stars + a very sad frowny face :(

First half : Clever, funny, smart & charming. I was delighted, thinking I'd hit the New Author Jackpot. 4 stars for sure!

Second half : Somewhere along the line this transforms into Amateur Hour. There are 2 authors -- did they each write half the story, switching off at the halfway point? At 52%, the end of Chapter 3, where there's that weird formatting glitch -- is that where Author 1 stopped writing and handed it off to Author 2? Because the further a
Ariana
I wasn't sure whether this would be for me. The title and the cover didn't really jump at me and I'm not madly into fantasy, although I do love a little bit of magic.
I can easily say that this is one of the best light romances I have come across. I thoroughly enjoyed the witty, sarcastic tone of Beryll Brackaus's writing and the way she draws her characters. But there's also a good portion of wonderfully described feelings and some really hot sex.
After chapter 1 you can't help but rooting for
Chelsea
That really was very fun! Good work everyone for recommending this to me 😁. I love a little bit of magic in my stories and I haven't read one about a djinn so that was pretty cool! Definitely enjoyed the build up and friendship part of this story more than the last part, the love declarations came a little to unexpectedly and quickly. So fun though, seriously!
Manfred
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this little story about David, a New York arts dealer who is trapped in an Egyptian tomb and saved by Sharu, a ghost in a magic lamp as an "in between" read while deciding which "serious" book to read next. As happens sometimes, when you don't expect much you get such nice surprises. That definitely happened here.
The story about a grumpy Djinni, who tries to fool his masters by granting their wishes without giving them what they really asked for, to make them suffer, as he is sufferin
Don Bradshaw
A fun story with a very predictable ending. The slow burn love between Dave and Sharu was a fun ride on this roller coaster ride of a story. It was great to see Stanley get trounced.
Caipi
A cute, fun story!
I especially loved the build up and friendship part, towards the end it lost some of it's charm.
Christelle
a fun read, with a naughty spirit and of course a cute HEA
Tiferet
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, with sweet but very imperfect characters, fluffy, engaging, and overall a super feel-good read.
Kudrat Kaur
This is a sweet if-what lacking in substance story about a human and a djinni. Don’t expect fireworks. Do expect sugar, cotton candy and a feeling of fluffy-ness that you can’t really get rid of.
When I was reading the book I genuinely thought of David and Sharu as adorable. They were. And silly. And the whole thing was sweet.

description

Both Sharu and David started out as characters who'd undergone emotional events. David having been dumped by Stanley, his ex, but still longing for him even though he deserv
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
True rating ... 4.25 stars <333!! More thoughts to come VERY soon!!!

********************

// “However, learning that there was a strong spirit called ‘djinn’ offered at the bar, and that it apparently was fashionable these days, warranted some in-depth research. There were several different brands of the stuff, and all of them had to be tasted on ice and with ‘tonic’, some kind of bitter, bubbly water. They were all nice, but really, Sharu had expected something a little grander from something bea
Josy
~ 3.5 stars ~

This was a light, easy, somewhat predictable, very insta-lovey story. If you have some time and aren't in the mood for a dark, angsty, deep, or serious book, you should read this one. If you don't take it too seriously, you will find a sweet romance with one nerdy and one mischievous MC who are quite adorable together.

Read as part of my EuroPrideCon reading challenge: to read new-to-me-authors before the convention (https://europridecon.jimdo.com/)
Chris, the Dalek King
David is not the kind of man who gets clobbered over the head and left to die in old Egyptian tombs. Well, he wasn’t…right up until he was. And looking back, maybe he should have just stayed in New York and let less-than-savory business partners handle the slightly-less-than-legal acquisition of some new-found Egyptian artifacts. But he wanted to prove to his ex that he was the kind of man that went off and had adventures. And subsequently got clobbered over the head and left to die in old Egypt ...more
Lila Hunter
Rating: 4.5 stars

Review to follow at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words.

ARC provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review.

Serena Yates

What a lovely story! ‘Loving Djinni” enchanted and delighted me in equal measure, starting with the laugh-out-loud humor of the first half of the novel all the way to the deeply emotional part of the second half, which is when David and Sharu realize they are falling in love.

David may want everyone to believe that he is a serious art dealer, but underneath the civilized veneer he is a bit of a scoundrel. He trades in antiquities, but not all of them as real as the paperwork he forges makes them
Achim
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
A nice easy read for a sunny afternoon or two. Don't expect anything else than a fluffy escapade of an angst-free slow burner. Sharu, the bantering, mischievous djinni, who falls in love with his Davie makes it also a nice, funny read. So if that's what you're looking for it's nearly perfect as everyone gets what he deserves, the HEA is never in danger and as soon as Dave and Sharu declared their love they also start their sexmarathon like bunnies.

Just some tiny, little niggleing at the end
Ilona
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a delightful, romantic, and enjoyable story that was quick and easy to read. I really liked both characters and the authors got their interaction very believable. I also like how the wishes were used and absolutely loved the ending. As I don't do spoilers I suggest you run and get this book as it will make you smile and give you warm glowy feelings.
Mel
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, romance, yaoi
OMG I FINISHED THIS!!!!
Aleksandr Voinov
Feelgood and simply adorbs.
Marge
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun story at the beginning, and I really liked Sharu's observations about the humans of this time compared to millennia ago. A very sweet story showing David and Sharu falling in love. A bit too much sex for me near the end, but the final resolution was wonderful and very satisfying.
Chase Hackett
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun idea for a story !
Bellbomb Bellbomb
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute take on one of the most well-known folk tales in the world.
Lily
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars rounded up. I read this book a few months ago, but its unusual twists and humour have stayed with me.
Annette Gisby
David has recently spit up with his boyfriend, Stanley, who accuses David of being such a nerd, he's so boring and Stanley doesn't know what he ever saw in him. David's confidence is at rock bottom so when an opportunity arises to actually go on a dig on a real Egyptian tomb, David decides to go on the spur of a minute, despite the fact that he's never done anything like this before.

Renowned as an art and antiques dealer, David also has a bit of a criminal streak and has more than once palmed of
Molly Lolly
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four and a half stars!
I really enjoyed this story. From how David reacts to Sharu to how Sharu grows as a person throughout the story, I couldn’t put the book down and had to know what happened next. Both David and Sharu were well developed and had me connecting with them both almost immediately. I love how they both grew the longer they knew each other and the more their relationship developed. You get that true feeling they are better for knowing each other.
David
Elisa Rolle
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2016 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: Loving Djinni by Beryll & Osiris Brackhaus
1) Simply best read of the season. Sparkly and witty, this book brought multiple smiles and unforgettable characters.
2) An easy treat to read. This book was quite entertaining and allow me to call it 'cute'. I'd love to have a djinni like Sharu. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the awe Sharu felt every time he tried/experienced something new. He's been inside the bottle for so long he'd not realized the worl
Elayne
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bought-books
I enjoyed this take on Aladdin and the lamp. It had some laugh out loud moments and a satisfactory Aaahh ending. A fun read.
Jane
4.5 stars. Very predictable, but also very cute! <3 ...more
Michael
3.5 Stars rounded up. I started this book twice and put it down only a few pages in. It kind of got off to a rocky start with me but got much better and I ended up really enjoying the story.

• Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Speak No Evil
  • Frostbite (7 Caged Tigers #1)
  • The General's Hostage (The Warriors of Love & Magic, #1)
  • The Border (The Knight and the Necromancer #2)
  • The Sea (The Knight and the Necromancer #3)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • Finding His Eden (Silverdale Coven #1)
  • The High King's Golden Tongue (Tales of the High Court, #1)
  • An Unauthorized Field Guide to the Hunt
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • Kidnapped by the Pirate
  • Double Trouble: Two Werewolves for Brian
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Stuck with You
  • Hurricane (The Elements #1)