Start by marking “A Week of Mondays” as Want to Read:
A Week of Mondays

A Week of Mondays

When I made the wish, I just wanted a do-over. Another chance to make things right. I never, in a million years, thought it might actually come true...

Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having a serious case of the Mondays. She gets a ticket for running a red light, she manages to take the world’s worst school picture, she bombs softball try-outs and her class electio

Published August 2nd 2016 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about A Week of Mondays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Week of Mondays

Alyssa
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Publication Date: August 2, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Maureen
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
For me, this was like a better version of Before I Fall. Because i strongly dislike that book.
This book was so great and I loved the journey Ellie took to get to know herself and what she truly wanted. WE ALSO GET MY FAVE TROPE GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Overall, a really sweet read. I basically sped through it because it was addicting as HECK. definitely would recommend.
Norah Una Sumner
description

I’ve been a fan of Jessica Brody ever since I’ve read her phenomenal and heart-shattering Unremembered trilogy two years ago (Unremembered, Unforgotten, Unchanged reviews) so, naturally, I was SO excited when I’ve read the blurb for this contemporary young adult book. Yes, it does remind me of Before I Fall, but luckily for me I loved both of these books. I can honestly say that this is Jessica’s best book to this date. It was fun, heart-breaking, funny, heart-warming and just left me feeling al
Odette Knappers
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Oh, I love this book. It is a really cute concept, (this is not a spoiler it is on the back of the book and the essence of the story) to relieve a bad monday again. I can imagine her confusion the first day, her frustration another.. It is really well written. You really get inside her head, and I can see myself travelling the same train of thought. Also, for the Dutchies: the translation is done really well! And I love the Dutch cover :)

There is something else special for me to this book, but I
Stacee
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
We all know that I'm super particular about my contemps, but I loved the idea of this and plus it's Jessica, so I was sold.

Love love loved overachieving Ellie. She's smart and snarky and maybe a bit unsure of who she really is. By the end of the book, we've seen all sorts of Ellies and it's amusing to see who she tries to be and who she finally becomes. Tristan and Owen are both adorable for different reasons.

The plot is fun, especially seeing how Ellie's decisions change throughout the day. I
Jessica Khoury
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A WEEK OF MONDAYS is compulsively readable; I raced through its 400+ pages in a day and LOVED every minute! Couldn’t read it fast enough. Jessica Brody’s writing is addictive and engaging, truly a delight to savor!

Ellie is a wonderful heroine: funny, relatable, and believable, she guides us through her week of Mondays and their increasingly hilarious outcomes. Her reactions and dialogue had me giggling as I read! And I was definitely cheering for her, especially during the wholly satisfying fina
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 4/5

Wow this was good! I’d pretty much given up on high school books being more than fun/entertaining but this was surprisingly smart and different.

While reading I couldn’t stop thinking about how this would make a great movie! Sure it would be cheesy but I would watch it several times 😂. Props to the author for referencing The Breakfast Club😍
Jaime Arkin
If you think your Monday’s are bad, you’ve got nothing on Ellison Sparks and her day from hell. A ticket for running a red light, a horrible school picture, messing up softball tryouts, a bombed election speech and then the cherry on top… her boyfriend suddenly dumping her all have her wishing she could just do the day all over again and get everything right… and keep Tristan from breaking her heart. So when she wakes up on what she thinks is Tuesday, it’s like déjà vu… until she realizes that i ...more
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, romance
Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having the worse kind of Monday. She gets a ticket for running a red light, takes a really bad school picture, fails at her softball try-outs and her class election speech, and to top of the day, her boyfriend Tristan dumps her with a lame excuse.

Defeated Ellison thinks she can do better and wishes for a do-over, what she doesn’t expect was to experience the same day over and over again with a chance to make it better for herself.

This was cute and a bit of a re
Hilly
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary

Only Jessica Brody can man
Amy Leigh
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was cute! It was a quick read, only prolonged for me bc I am reading several books atm. It made me think of Groundhog Day. It was a different kind of coming of age story because she has to live the same day over & over to figure things out. Tristan was awful in my opinion.

Ellison has a terrible, terrible day. Everything that could did go wrong. She wakes up after making a wish to get a do over to find out that it's Monday again. She does everything she can to change the outcome ea
alexandra ling
3.5/5 ♡ this book was adorable, entertaining, and fun, but also frustrating at times.

i'm not sure if i'm getting tired of YA romance, but this wasn't as enjoyable as i thought it'd be. the characters and situations felt as if they were taken out of a disney channel show. it made me laugh and smile at first, but after a while it became draggy. it was really unrealistic. but sometimes, you NEED those types of stories so i appreciated it nonetheless.

i love the concept and idea behind the plot. reli
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

Somehow, I have the entire Unremembered trilogy on my shelves and yet I've never read it. So, this was my first Jessica Brody novel. Not a bad place to start, though, because this book was all kinds of adorable. It's the kind of story that my fantasy-loving heart would have remarked upon as insubstantial a few years back, but now I find myself gravitating toward lighter, fluffier reads as
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
4.5 Stars

A Week of Mondays is quick and cute read for the summer. The concept is so unique and the main character is very relatable. One of my favourite things about the book is the epic friendship between Ellie and Owen. Everything about this book is so fun!

This book has such an interesting concept! Basically, it is about a girl who has the worst Monday ever. However, when she wakes up the next day (and each day after that for an entire week), she gets the chance to fix everything. I loved read
Ivonne Rovira
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tweens who like this kind of thing
Recommended to Ivonne by: NetGalley
Shelves: cookbooks
Take the 1993 film Groundhog Day, move it to an upper-middle-class high school, and substitute pretty, plucky 16-year-old Ellison “Ellie” Sparks for cynical, narcissistic Bill Murray, and you have Jessica Brody’s A Week of Mondays.

It had so many possibilities: a YA remake of a hilarious classic. Brody uses the titles of classic songs for each chapter, a very clever touch. It could have been great. But the laughs are few, and the clichés are many: plucky overachiever Ellie, dreamy blond boyfrien
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
Cute x's 100. I love Jessica Brody so much for how she gives us these adorable stories and characters.

I am a big Jessica Brody fan. BIG. Every book that I've read of hers makes me feel happy and good-- plus they just flow and come together with perfection.

I wanted to read this when it came out, but somehow it got overlooked. This might be a post for another day, but it got me thinking about how I really need to stop overlooking the cute, fun books for the intense thrillers or serious subject boo
Ann
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
I received a free copy of the ebook from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Largely that boils down to a book with good intentions (be true to yourself!), and possibly one that could be a fun beach read for someone looking for something predictable and fluffy, but which did not rise high in my esteem.

(view spoiler)
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 7/30/16: 3.75 - 4 stars
It started off a bit too cutesy and still remained light/fun throughout but the ending was just perfection. I loved the Groundhog Day feel and the book was easy to breeze through! It was my first contemporary from Jessica Brody (I read her sci-fi trilogy, Unremembered) and it was fun! A bit too goofy at times for me but it was a really cute book.

Full review as originally posted HERE on The Book Addict's Guide 8/2/16: It's Groundhog Daaayyy! (I hope you
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs
I admit at first I wasn’t sure if this book would work. After reading the same day twice I was scared the book would run out of steam by the time I got to the 4th Monday. Instead I was pleasantly surprised. The days didn’t get boring and monotonous, they got more and more interesting. They became a way for Ellison to find out who she really was and see how capable she was to do things. That is what I really liked about Mondays. With Ellison not hav
Adrien They/Them
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome! It made me feel like I couldn't put it down! Story opens with 16 year old Ellison having a terrible Monday at school. Her day gets worse when she shows up to the school carnival and her boyfriend, Tristan Wheeler, is super bummed because his band, whack-a-mole, can't get a gig on the stage. Ellison gets really sad because she didn't get a kiss at the the top of the Ferris wheel like she's dreamed about getting since she was 10 years old. Ellison goes home to her room and wi ...more
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Adorable. Funny. Romantic.
I guess you can see from the five stars that I loved the crap outta this book. Full review to come!!
Jasmine
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I FLEW threw this book. I picked it up, and suddenly it was 2 and a half hours later and I was finished. I probably should've been studying but I was so curious about this. I love love LOVE my contemporary YA, and I'm very particular with the category. This was so different from the stressful "Before I Fall" by the lovely Lauren Oliver. If you've read "How to be popular" by Meg Cabot, the main character felt so similar to Steph Landry!

Before you read any further, this book is about Ellison Spar
firmy
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book. OMG it was amazing! It might have been the fact that I always had this thought of repeating days or that it was so beautifully written. Ellie is so clueless when it first happens and the struggles that she does to prevent everything to go wrong is just hilarious and sad at the same time. This book was definitely amazing. Hilarious.
Heidi
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Four stars: A fun, YA adult reboot of Groundhog Day.

Ellison Sparks wakes to the sound of a buzzing text message. Her boyfriend, Tristan, is texting her, wanting to talk about what happened last night. Ellie jumps out of bed, thrilled that she has a chance to make things right after their horrendous fight last night. Unfortunately for Ellie, she is about to experience one of the worst Mondays ever. She gets a traffic ticket, arrives at school in the pouring rain with no umbrella, then she takes
royaevereads
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
What a ride. This book really grew on me as it went on. I would say it's definitely aimed more at the younger side of YA and I found the protagonist a bit annoying. I also didn't like the use of song lyrics as chapter titles and constant mentions of what song was currently playing (it's a bit of a contemporary gimmick that comes up sometimes and all it does is get songs I don't like stuck in my head lol). But I'm a sucker for stories like this, where a character gets to live the same day over an ...more
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Yeah I'm not surprised I loved this book.
It was so good!!!
The writing never ceases to amaze me.
Ellie is hilarious! I'd want to be her friend.
And Owen <3
This story is just great in all ways.
I loved the message that comes across too.
If you enjoy your cute fluff ball contemporaries then this is for you.
Colleen Houck
Loved this book! That's saying something since I don't really read contemporary, but there was just enough magic in there to keep me riveted. Such a cool concept and I love the best friend!
Yasmeena
Nov 16, 2018 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bold of you to assume i recommend it
Shelves: burn-it-down
Like....no.

This was kinda like 11 Birthdays, but much, well, worse, because this is set in high school.

But some scenes were like, Fifty Shades of Grey type. Ellie and Tristan somehow behave that way, and somehow, this was placed in a KIDS book fair.....like...?????

The heart-stopping grin is back, the single dimple lighting up the dark closet. Then he reaches out, grabs my hips, and yanks me to him. I tip my head back, letting him bury his mouth in my neck.

Like, ok. I'm a fan of romance books.
Nicole
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
First of all I love the MC name; Ellison is such a unique name. I also loved that she played softball (one of my fav. pastimes). She is having a horrible Monday (come on we all know how treacherous Monday’s can be!). I didn’t like Tristan and loved her best friend Owen. He was so sweet. Overall it was a cute book. Seeing her go thru all 7 Monday’s, all of them a little different and still having to overcome them. It was an original and cute storyline.
Abbie
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was probably inspired by Groundhog Day. To be honest I thought Ellie was an idiot for not seeing what a complete asshat her boyfriend Tristan was. I admit. I got bored by the 4th Monday however I was happy with the way the end turned out.

• Azar o seu!
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • A Royal Birthday: A False Princess Short Story
  • Kissing Frogs
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • Nowhere Else But Here
  • More Than a Love Song (Heartside Bay, #3)
  • Anjo da Morte (Os Karas, #3)
  • My Fairly Dangerous Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #3)
  • The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles, #2)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Losing Logan (Losing Logan, #1)
  • Perdida (Perdida #1)
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
Jessica Brody knew from a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She started self “publishing” her own books when she was seven years old, binding the pages together with cardboard, wallpaper samples, and electrical tape.

After graduating from Smith College in 2001 where she double majored in Economics and French and minored in Japanese, Jessica later went on to work for MGM Studios as a Manager
“The truth is, we are never just one thing. We all have many titles and many labels, but far too often, we get trapped inside a single definition. The Teacher's Pet, the Rule Follower, the Cheerleader, the Athlete, the Princess, the Basket Case, the Criminal... the Rock Star's Girlfriend. Whether we wrote that definition or it was given to us, it somehow becomes our only identity. We get so lost in it that we forget about all the other pieces that make up who we are.” 10 likes
“It’s like I became so obsessed with doing things right, I forgot to enjoy them.” 8 likes