Start by marking “INFECtIOUS (INFECtIOUS, #1)” as Want to Read:
INFECtIOUS (INFECtIOUS, #1)

INFECtIOUS (INFECtIOUS, #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
"It's all about blood, Ivy. It always has been."

I've known something was wrong. I've sensed but avoided the truth that I was slipping. You'd think if you recognized that you were dying that you'd hurry to stop it, to heal whatever is sick. It's innately human to struggle for life. But for some reason, though it makes no sense, it's also innately human to lean away from et
Kindle Edition, Third Revised - Alternate Cover Edition, 401 pages
Published June 18th 2014 by Entrada Publishing

Alicia Huxtable
Not sure

I didn't entirely like or hate this book. I liked the new concept that Zombies can be cured and the way they went about it etc, but something just didn't click with me while reading.
Daphne Self
I was unsure at first to download a book by an indie author. Not many out there are that well written or ignore what the market and target audience demands. Not this book.

Some publisher out there has missed out on a great post-rapture book.

Elizabeth Forkey takes a new direction on a subject written most famously by Jenkins and Lahaye. What Forkey has done that they did not was add a depth of character and surprising realism.

Through the eyes of a sixteen year old, we live in a world where the Ali
Angela Williams
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant! Crazy relatable for a teenage girl (like me) and even for my mother! It's romantic, suspensefull, dramatic and anything BUT boring!
As a Christian, this is a much need read! After a while all the Christian books start sounding the same, like "Hey, I think I've read this before." Ooh someone has a secret from their past, or oh this girl has to struggle with life because she's Amish.
Those books have great messages, don't get me wrong, but not relatable to teenage girls who are far more i
Joanne
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for free, not realizing it was Christian fiction. It wasn't bad, though and not "overly" Christian. It's mostly a coming-of-age story about a girl named Ivy, living in a time after the rapture and during the time of plague upon the earth. Initially, I was confused because she called the plague victims "zombies", but they aren't zombies in the typical sense. They are people with the plague that causes their bodies to rot and decompose, i.e. zombies.

Supposedly, Ivy had the plague b
Amanda Clark
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At first I was really hesitant to read this one because I hate zombies. They give me the creeps. The whole half dead/half living business just confuses and creeps me out! But, I decided to give these ones a try.I'm so glad I did because they aren't actually zombies, at least not in the stiff-armed "braaaaaaains" sort of way we often think of them.

Elizabeth's zombies are fully functioning. They can eat, drink, walk, talk, and even work. They aren't brain dead and stiff armed and trying to eat you
Sue
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
I was given a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

I really enjoyed reading Infectious. The writing was great and easy to read. My interest in the story was piqued early on by some curious incidents and then I was hooked right through to the end. The book is quite a page turner and it was hard to put down at times.

The story involves a unique twist on how zombies and the apocalypse came about with the main characters trying to survive in the aftermath. The book has a fair bit of
Anastacia
I had to sit on writing this review for a week or so because I honestly didn't know what to think.

I loved the different take on zombies - though I'm starting to notice a trend lately that zombies are more "human" and less shambling dead. In this story, the zombies are people who don't believe that Jesus is their savior.

The book is unapologically Christian - and I do strongly think you have to at least have a vague Christian outlook to really enjoy the book, otherwise you will lose out on a lot o
Jodi Woody
I am usually not a huge fan of zombie books. There have been a scarce few that I have read and even fewer that I have finished, very rare I like any of them. Having said all of that, let me say I loved this one! First off I got it free on smashwords. Then I was thrilled to find out it was a Christian book (I know a Christian Zombie book!) It's not preachy or cheesy, it is YA, which I usually enjoy. Definitely post rapture, think Dystopian. Main character is a teenage girl living in a sanctuary w ...more
Charity
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 13 years, 1 month

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book had me captivated with the opening sentence.

My favorite part was the beginning because of the emotion it held. You could fell the person's pain and agony, it was really well portrayed by the author. I also like that the scene itself goes into such detail.

My favorite character was Ivy because she wants to be f
Shatara
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I throughly enjoyed this book. I liked how the Zombies were "functioning" zombies (they functioned just like the living) and not the brain dead type.

I enjoyed the parts where scripture was put in and the relation that was made between the zombie's being unsaved and the living being saved. Makes me think about our world in that the zombies represent the spiritually dead people that don't know Jesus. The living representing those that are saved and living for Jesus.

I enjoyed the love story and ho
Steve Curll
after a month of laboring through bad writing (every sentenced started "I go To".
, or "I say to" and other similar misplaced tenses, and noting every sentence had the same rhythm(not poetic, either.), my new Ted Dekker novel arrived and I have an excuse to drop this for a novel and author with some literary value.
Bekah
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the story in this book. I did not, however, enjoy the overly religious themes, as I am not overly religious. I do look forward to reading the sequel, though, because the first book ends on quite a cliff-hanger!
I'm not able to give this book a fair rating. It was entertaining to read up to a point, but this is very much a Christian book and it was not labeled as such. Huge story questions are unanswerable because of this, leaving an unsatisfying result for a non-Christian reader.
Elizabeth Hoag
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first book about zombies

I really enjoyed this book. I connected with Ivy and have felt some of the same things she did. Am very much looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Charlene Stephens
Ok, so I began to read this, not knowing what the book was about. Once I learned there were "zombies" in it, I almost stopped. I am not part of that craze. However, as I kept going, I realized that I could not put it down. I must say, I will need to get the rest of the series.
Twidlebug
I was actually pleasantly surprised by this book. it is a different take on the zombie genre. I am not a religious person and there is quite a bit of preaching in this book, but the story held up and I didn't mind it so much. I am hoping the next book comes out soon so I can continue the story.
Sam
Feb 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 33%, I just couldn't wrap my head around the book and couldn't get into it...
Lauren Beauchamp
There were a lot of spelling and homonym errors . . . maybe the author used a speech to text program? But I liked the concept.
Trisha Pete
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would recommend

This was a very different kind of zombie story, liked it a lot! I will definitely read the next in the series!
Bill Davis
Dec 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A YA Christian Zombie Romance story doesn't work for me.
SUSAN SPARKS
Jul 26, 2014
Apr 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Girl's Guide to the Apocalypse
  • Operation Z-Day (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #1)
  • A Marriage of the Heart
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
  • eBully
  • Aftershock (Stone Braide Chronicles #1.5)
  • Apocalypse: Underwater City (The Hope Saga #1)
  • Jade (Once Upon a Zombie Apocalypse #1 POV 2)
  • Dead Days: Episode One (Dead Days Season One #1)
  • Through Rushing Water
  • Resurgence (Silver Blackthorn, #3)
  • The End Came With A Kiss (Beautiful Dead)
  • Act of Defiance (Defiance Gray, #1)
  • Into Darkness
  • Lush (Lush, #1)
  • Controlling the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #2)
  • Nessa (Breeders, #1.1)
  • Saint Training

INFECtIOUS, (2 books)
  • IMMACULAtE (INFECtIOUS, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Tell The Wolves I'm Home
    $12.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Black Bird of the Gallows