Start by marking “Thank & Grow Rich: A 30-Day Experiment in Shameless Gratitude and Unabashed Joy” as Want to Read:
Thank & Grow Rich: A 30-Day Experiment in Shameless Gratitude and Unabashed Joy

Thank & Grow Rich: A 30-Day Experiment in Shameless Gratitude and Unabashed Joy

Important disclaimer: This book is not for everyone—just those who want to have more fun, more adventures, and more magic in their life.

Thank & Grow Rich is for anyone interested in hooking up with the magnanimous energy field of the cosmos. Author Pam Grout, who likes to call herself the Warren Buffet of Happiness, says it all starts with getting on the frequency of j
Published August 30th 2016 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Thank & Grow Rich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank & Grow Rich

Heidi The Reader
As the disclaimer states in the description above, this book is not for everyone, but it was awesome in my opinion. I am going to admit that I am incredibly biased. I absolutely adored Pam's other books on New Age thought and had some unbelievable experiences with the experiments in them: E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality and E-Cubed: Nine More Energy Experiments That Prove Manifesting Magic and Miracles Is Your Full-Time Gig. But, I c ...more
Kathryn
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality, 2016
Fun, magical, spot on in thought, silly, made me smile, and I want to pass this book out while standing on a street corner. Everyone no matter what their religion or no religion should read this because I guarantee it will have you smiling and forever thankful for all and everything in this wonderful world we live in.
Tami
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A copy of this book was provided to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This might be my favorite self-help book that I’ve read so far this year. It's basically all about how to practice gratitude in order to get what you want in life, and live the life that you’ve dreamed of. Instead of focusing on what you want all the time, you should focus on what you’re blessed enough to have in front of you.

She claims that gratitude will basically allow you to let go of trying to control wher
Melinda Payne
I always feel more uplifted and hopeful after reading a Pam Grout book. This one is a great reminder of how such a simple thing like gratitude can change your life. I needed this reminder as the new year begins.
Trudy
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'd read two of her previous books: E2 and E3, both on the same subject. This one started out well enough, though after a while it started to seem like a rehash of old material. This was easy enough to check as I still had the earlier ones in my library. I found a lot of overlapping content.

I also checked out her website for the first time, and found the left-wing politics expressed there diametrically opposed to the content of the books, which was (or so I thought) based in self-responsibility
Carole P. Roman
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simple, profound guide to remembering the joy we were born with that got replaced by soul-sucking distractions through the years. Refreshingly simple, this book strips away the crap that fills our lives and reminds us not to waste time on silly inconsequential things that clutter our existence until all we feel is frustration. Casually written, it's like chatting with a friend. Thank you Pam Grout for reminding me of how wonderful life can really be. I am grateful my son bought this book for me! ...more
Nani
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yrittäjyys
Warning: This book changes your Thank you frequency
Jess Macallan
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pam Grout never disappoints. Grab a cup of tea, and read about the power of gratitude. Start with her E-Squared and E-Cubed books for a great primer.
Olwen
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I enjoyed E-squared immensely, and this book is similar, although presents the exercises in a different format. The author draws heavily on 'A Course in Miracles'. Worth reading, even if all you want to do is improve your mood.
Uyên Nguyễn
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another law of attraction practice book, still I found this very helpful right the moment reading it because Pam Grout has brought the joyful feeling on every single pages of the book.

Will try to practice it.
David
Feb 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
I bounced around on how to rate this book. Ultimately, I gave it a one because of three major problems.

First, there wasn’t really that much to it. She’s just repeating information she’s already put out (without the detail). She even says that her editor sent the book back so she could add something more.

What she added was the second problem. The majority of the book is daily “party games” designed to get you thinking positively. I can’t imagine how they could be useful for anyone but the most u
veganjilly
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Inpsiring, fun, practical, joyful! I loved it!
Enoch
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let the Manifesting Begin, cause results are that quick!!!

Best Book!! First day after reading this book. I took it upon myself to declare that Today was gonna be a Amazingly Awesome day full of miracles. I had been wanting a sewing machine so bad and today felt like i wanted it more than ever. And too my surprise i get a message from my Brother saying he has a Sewing Machine for me and hell bring it up in a week. I hadn't even talked to him in a few months. These excitements work. Looking foward
Terry Koressel
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Thank & Grow Rich had a good message....exactly correct at its deepest level. In fact, I loved Ms. Gout's premise. However, I was not quite so enamored by the writing style, which I am sure is fun and impactful to her fans, but it did not hold my attention. In addition, I found that much of the material was redundant....returning to previously described ideas over and over again. In summary, a good fast read but it did not have the high-impact for which I was hoping.
Anna
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book was much longer than it needed to be. You get her main points within the first few chapters. She admitted herself that the extras were added at the request of the publisher. It is all still worthwhile. Her material is very different from what I am used to, some of it even sounded weird. Overall a very worthwhile read. Gratitude is definitely something worth putting into your daily practice.
Ursula Walter
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Encouraging, cheerleader, convincing, transforming

Throughout the reading of this book I was truly my most hopeful, cheerful, appreciative self. Everybody should read this book. It makes you a better person.
Cynthia
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I rate this a 3.75 stars! I need some quarter stars, please! I first started trying to read this book more than a year ago, but the overly chatty tone, and something in the Party Tricks sort of rubbed me in a strange way. I wasn't hooked. So I read half of it, and then I put the book down. I really liked the E Squared book, but there was something that I didn't love about this one at first. Then I picked it back up recently, and was happy to finish it. The message: Up your frequency with gratitu ...more
Diane Lu
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my picker-upper book. It's experiments are greatly uplifting, so every day, I like to re-read a few pages. It's fun, it's written in a humorous way that is current with today. With so much turmoil in societies around the world, it's good to remember that this isn't the only reality. I'm a fan. In fact, I even subscribe to hear other stories from other readers that come to the author and begin with -- "you're never going to believe..." My favourite takeaway is the importance of starting o ...more
ayanami
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Excellent central idea, basically the same one covered in Make Miracles in Forty Days: Turning What You Have Into What You Want, books by Abraham Hicks, and many other similar gratitude/LoA-type books: that gratitude is key. But because the idea is so simple (but quite deep-- it's just that there's not much that needs to be written about the topic, imo, it's something that needs to be practiced and experienced), most of the book felt very repetitive. I did like the little anecdotes about good th ...more
Sandra
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the back cover: Ever wonder why your thoughts easily create up-front parking spaces but don't always produce the fat wad of cash or the hot guy?

This is a book about gratitude, on focussing on the good that is already present. It is lighthearted and fun to read, but don't be fooled into thinking it is an airy-fairy book with not much to offer. There is a ton in this book to mull over. I borrowed a copy from the library, but often found myself wanting to refer back to it, so I bought a copy.

W
Kim Floyde
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Perfect Antidote for a World Gone Mad

OMG. Or is it OMDB? (Read the book and you'll understand.) After 18 months of witnessing the worst of what America has to offer, followed by a new government that already resembles a low-budget reality show, this book truly was a divine gift. I read it with a big smile on my face, thinking about all the people I love who will get a copy for Christmas. THIS is how we'll make America great again... by learning to be thankful for everything we have and espec
Matt V.
Mar 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: fans of new age mysticism.
I should have read the description and reviews more closely, rather than just the ratings. I was expecting something in the realm of positive psychology, such as books by Shawn Achor, Martin Seligman, Carol Dweck, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, and others. Instead, the book is more along the lines of Shirley MacLaine, Dan Millman, Kumaré, Celestine Prophecy, and the Secret. If those are your cup of tea, you might like this book; but it wasn't what I was hoping for.

The title mentions "…Experiments…" bu
Amanda Hart
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not just a book about gratitude. I tested this out and not only did I start receiving money from an unexpected source almost the day after but it continues to come to me in new ways. This started as an experiment as I felt I already knew so much about being thankful but it changed the way I look at EVERYTHING - even the things that challenge us. A good read with practical fun exercises to incorporate into daily life.
Tracee
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
If this book doesn't remind you to express gratitude and joy, then nothing else will! Unlike Pam's previous books where we have experiements, in this one we have party games. I thought the book was a bit too long but I still liked it. I especially liked the advice at the end, such as stop seeking out self-help books because what we need is already in us!

I received an advanced copy from netgalley for my honest review
SaraMondaini
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant book with really fun exercises known as party games to help you get on and connect to the gratitude frequency. Read from cover to cover in one day and now I’m going to go back and do one party game each day over the 30 days. This book really lifts you up and explains the importance of gratitude and raising your vibration through showing gratitude to the little things in your everyday day life.
Bobbi
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Pam deserves more stars because reading her books is always fun, like being at a party. The other good thing about her is how she almost never repeats herself, even if this book is about the same subject that the two before were about. I only give it three stars because it's very well written and entertaining, but not a literary masterpiece. But if you are looking for a well written, uplifting and fun book to read, with some food for thought here and there, this is the one you should read.
Patricia McLaughlin
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: prosperity
Derivative of E-Squared and poorly organized (Grout should have taken her editor's advice), the book reads like a rough draft; nonetheless, Grout's notions of capital (alchemic, spiritual, creative, adventure, and social) are insightful, and several of the Party Games yield useful results. Brilliant title!
Ntathu Allen
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Amazing

Start each day on the high-vibe frequency of love and gratitude. Great anti-dote to the stressful lives we so often fall into. Feeling sad and looking for a boost of happiness? Daily gratitude and playing the party games will do that for you.

I am going to read again and continue the fun. Thank you
Paulia
30 days turned into a year and six months of on and off reading. Only cause I wanted to take my time reading this purposed idea of being thankful for everything. Thirty days is just enough to get you going on something that should be done at every waking moment of your life. I enjoyed this book tremendously.
Rashmi
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. I finished reading it in a day. I was filled with pure joy by the time I finished reading it. That is the state I want to be all the time and so I am grateful for the knowledge it gave me. The book was nothing less than pure joy for me. I know I am repeating it again but I can't stress enough on how happy I felt reading it.
7 Books EVERY Entrepreneur Needs To Read 1 1 Apr 16, 2019 03:06AM

• Past Lives, Present Miracles: The Most Empowering Book on Reincarnation You'll Ever Read...in this Lifetime!
  • Colors  Numbers
  • Awakened Imagination
  • Holy Shift!: 365 Daily Meditations from A Course in Miracles
  • At Zero: The Final Secrets to "Zero Limits" the Quest for Miracles Through Ho'oponopono
  • The Power of Decision
  • Love for No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love
  • Mindfulness On the Go: Quick And Easy Tips For Achieving Inner Calm Every Day
  • Raise Your Vibration: 111 Practices to Increase Your Spiritual Connection
  • Co-creating at Its Best: A Conversation Between Master Teachers
  • Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
  • Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
  • Tapping Into Wealth: How Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Can Help You Clear The Path to Making More Money
  • The Faery Teachings
  • Assertiveness for Earth Angels: How to Be Loving Instead of "Too Nice"
  • The Jackrabbit Factor: Why You Can
  • The Millionaire from Nazareth: His Prosperity Secrets for You!
  • 365 Science of Mind: A Year of Daily Wisdom From Ernest Holmes
Pam Grout is the author of 16 books, three plays, a television series, and two iPhone apps. She writes for People magazine, Cnngo.com, Huffington Post, and her travel blog, www.georgeclooneyslepthere.com. Find out more about Pam and her out-of-the-box take on life on her website: www.pamgrout.com.
“You can enlarge the conversation by taking your focus off the negative and noticing all the things that are going right, taking a stand for the goodness of humanity.” 1 likes
“If your mind isn’t cluttered by unnecessary things, this could be the best day of your life.” —” 0 likes