Jump to ratings and reviews

Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within

Rise Sister Rise is for the women who agreed at soul level to be here at this stage in history to lead this global shift that the mystics of all of the ages have predicted: the return of the mother and the rise of the feminine. It is essentially a call to arms for women to rise up, tell their truth, and lead.
Most women have spent much of their working lives “making it” in a man’s world, leaning on patriarchal methods of survival in order to succeed, dulling down their intuition, and ignoring the fierce power of their feminine. They have ignored the cycles of the feminine in order to survive in a patriarchal linear system – but now the world has changed.

Rise Sister Rise is a transmission that calls the innate feminine wisdom to rise. It is about healing the insecurities, the fears, and the inherited patterns that stop women trusting the Shakti (power) and wisdom (intuition) that effortlessly flows through them. It's about recognizing all of the ways we have been keeping ourselves contained and restrained in effort to fit into a certain archetype of woman. It’s about co-creating a whole new archetype of woman – a woman who does not keep herself small in order to make others feel more comfortable. A woman who knows like she knows like she knows that she is not her body weight, her sexual partners, or her career. A woman who deeply respects the wise woman in her life and cultivates her own wisdom every single day.

Full of tools, calls to action, contemplative questions, rituals, and confrontational exercises, this book teaches women that it is safe to let Shakti rise, safe to trust their intuition, and safe to take leaps of faith – because in healing ourselves we are healing the world.

304 pages, Paperback

First published October 7, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rebecca Campbell

11 books406 followers
Rebecca Campbell is a Hay House author, grounded intuitive, spiritual mentor, six sensory teacher and co-creator of The Spirited Project and one of Hay House's freshest voices. Rebecca has been studying metaphysics since her first awakening when she was a teenager. She went on to enjoy a successful career in advertising as a creative director before she was 30.

Drawing on this unique experience, Rebecca now guides Lightworkers to courageously answer the unique callings of their soul so they can light up the world in a way that only they can.

Jet setter meets gypsy spirit, in her twenties Rebecca blogged her way around the world as The Skype Nomad. She also spent a year of her life bringing colour to grey spaces with The Let's Colour Project.

Originally from the sunny shores of Sydney, Rebecca now lives in London but you can find her down under most summers getting her salt water and sunshine fix.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
109 (4%)
1 star
55 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 219 reviews
Profile Image for Krystal.
1,302 reviews340 followers
August 4, 2018
DNF @ 40%

This is where I gave up entirely:

'The more time you have spent in spirit form, the more difficulty you may find being in a human body. Many of us have incarnated on other planets where third-dimensional laws just don't exist. This is one reason why we may feel heavy,uncomfortable and trapped in our physical bodies, using food and other substances to keep ourselves grounded.'

Incarnated on other planets? Really???

I mean, I actually believe in reincarnation. I like the idea that our souls return to this world in different forms. But throw in interplanetary reincarnation and you've entirely lost me.

That was my problem with this whole book. I enjoy reading about ways to open the mind and connect with the soul, but this just took things way too far for me. It's also kind of negative?? It always starts with, 'we are all doing X terrible thing so instead we need to do this other good thing.' It comes across as very superior.

My expectation: Here are some ways that we as women can connect to our souls, which will connect us to one another and allow us to become more powerful beings.

What I got: I was living a pointless life until I had a profound spiritual awakening and now that gives me the right to tell you that everything you are doing is wrong. Here's a bunch of random abstract ideas you can worship to get you on the right path.

I'm done. I'm so done.

This one is for the hardcore hippies only. You want something decent about how to harness the powers of the feminine, go read Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype.
Profile Image for Andreea Zelenyak.
361 reviews18 followers
February 6, 2017
This books was beautiful!!!! Very inspiring and uplifting, I couldn't put it down..I red it 2 times this week, just to be sure I didn't miss something important!
This is a book for those who believe in past lives, light work, wiccan believes and so much more.
For some people, this may sound weird, and that's ok....this book is not for everyone!
It's a book that tells us to believe in ourselves (women), a book that shows us how to awaken and rise the goddess within us!!!
'She traveled to the end of the earth to find the courage to be who she always was.!'
Profile Image for Sian Lile-Pastore.
1,164 reviews148 followers
December 24, 2016
Initially I thought this book was going to be a bit light - but the more I read the more I enjoyed it. There's lots of stuff here about embodying what you do - how unless you love what you do you will never be a success, and how if you do love and embody what you do then it will all just come naturally.
Also loved this bit:

"It's not your job to change anyone. There is nothing more annoying than someone who is pushing their spirituality, consciousness, opinions or anything else for that matter on another without invitation. It doesn't matter if it's meditation, yoga, past lives, working with your chakras, raising your vibration, your choice to be a vegetarian, or the power of prayer. Do not give spirituality s bad name by spreading the good news or pushing your beliefs on another without invitation. This is what patriarchy has been about: 'Do as I say', 'Obey', 'This is the only way', 'Follow the leader '... We've had enough of that.

Instead let your life be the message. Let your devotion be felt, not pushed down someone's throat. Live in alignment with your spirit and let others choose to do the same. Even if you think you might know better - especially if you think you know better - it's none of your business."

Loved that bit - reminds me of all the time guys comment about politics on Facebook....

So, it's a mix of feminism and spirituality and has a gorgeous cover and pretty page edges. I'm in.
Profile Image for Olivia Church.
Author 3 books20 followers
January 7, 2018
I feel like this book is a work from the heart and comes from the passion of the author. However, I found it difficult to read, as it contained the same rhetoric I've read in so many other Goddess Spirituality books. There were lots of repetitive calls to 'rise' and little discussion on HOW women can truly 'rise' in a tangible way. It just lacked substance and was very simplistic. The foundation was also very much within the dichotomy of masculinity and femininity that is repeated in much of Goddess Spirituality literature, which I am tired of reading. It seems that these books want us to rise as women, by just making the 'feminine' classification checklist more important - rather than expanding beyond this outdated gender system.
This book could be enjoyable as a beginning guide to inspire initial empowerment, but it is far too basic beyond that point. Unfortunately if you have also read 'Witch' by Lisa Lister, then there is little point reading this book (and vice versa) as a lot seems very very similar.
I will repeat what I said at the beginning of this review though, it's a heartfelt and passionate piece of writing, from one woman's experience of what it is to be an empowered female.
Profile Image for Veronica.
61 reviews
January 4, 2018
I had heard about this book so many times from women I follow on social media and was really eager to read it. I tried to like it - I really did - and I also tried to keep an open mind once I realized that I didn’t like it, but I honestly couldn’t bring myself to finish it despite my dedication to finishing every book I start. This is as touchy-feely-new-age-spiritual as it gets, with the author talking about how a woman’s period is our connection with our ancient lineage and links us with their souls. Good lord... please. 🙄 I felt like I was reading a monologue for a movie character that was trying to exaggerate these types of spiritual practices, but people are apparently really into this sort of thing. It’s just not for me.
Profile Image for Rosie Amber.
Author 0 books114 followers
July 26, 2017
Four Point Five Stars

Rise Sister Rise is a non-fiction guide for those ready for change in their life circumstances, whether at a crossroads in life, a desire to stand up and be heard, or a need to follow a dream.

Rebecca Campbell firmly believes we are at a crucial point in our world development, ending thousands of years of oppression and darkness caused by religion and power hungry world leaders. Our planet is dying under current human abuse; people are lost, hurt and angry.

This book is "a call to arms for women to rise up, tell their truth and lead using their innate powers and wisdom."

They can do this through the support systems and strengths of sisterhood. There have always been wise women, healers, medicine women, priestesses and visionaries. Campbell sees women all over the world awakening to what has been locked and hidden away inside them. Courageous, encouraging, passionate, compassionate, confident, self-assured, radiant women.

In this new high speed electronic world, we have forgotten to listen to the planet we inhabit, to work with its seasons and the cycles of the waxing and waning moon. Each season of the year has different components; spring is full of new life and energy, winter is for sleep, rest and recuperation. But many of us try to live our whole year at high-speed with maximum energy output and it is unhealthy for us, we fill up with stimulants and are constantly exhausted.

Campbell suggests remembering what makes us women, celebrating the strengths being a women brings and getting back our passion to change things in our worlds for the better.

This isn't a book just about feminism, it is about reclaiming ourselves and saving the world.
Profile Image for Jenna.
4 reviews
December 10, 2021
I'm non-binary and I loved this book! You don't have to be a Woman™ to balance your inner "feminine" and "masculine" - we just don't have the exact right words to describe our experiences yet. I would be interested to see a guide for tuning into our internal seasons for those who don't menstruate.

You will not get much out of this book, I think, unless you slow down and take the time to journal to the prompts. I read/journaled to two prompts maximum per day in order to not overload my brain. Then I went back and reread each chunk of notes in the days following before reading new material.

The chapters build nicely on each other, working you up to the point of each idea/lesson. I did stop and look up anything I didn't know, such as who the quotes were from, if they were a trustworthy source, concepts I was unfamiliar with, etc. If this is one of your first spiritual books, you may want to do the same, though it's not necessary.

(There is a quote from one spiritual voice/author who I found out is an anti-vaxxer. The quote wasn't about that, though. The nice and even recommended thing about spirituality/unorganized religion is that you absolutely can take the good parts and leave the bad behind. That good part that resonated with you can be your jumping off point to a source more aligned with your values. In case anyone needed a lesson in media literacy and doing your own unbiased research.)
Profile Image for Claire.
633 reviews277 followers
October 18, 2017
Another book of shared thoughts from Rebecca Campbell, just as good as her first book, so full of encouragement, in particular for women to be more open and confident to use their intuitive abilities and to support each other, in ways that were practiced a long time ago.

That what we feel are the remnants of a fear that has been passed down as it was not so long ago that these skills were a danger to women. It is a celebration of who we are and of the feminine energy (within men and women) and it is a call to use it, to rise back up and allow that aspect of us to shine.
Profile Image for Ashe.
146 reviews2 followers
February 8, 2017
Hands down the most inspirational book I have ever read!!! I have been looking for this book my whole life, but there is no doubt it came to me now simply because I was ready right now, in this very moment of my life. Thank you Rebecca for Raising the vibration of women all over the world with your powerful words. I recommend this book to every friend, every woman, every sister, every mother, every creator and every soul who seeks to rise higher within herself! Simply Brilliant ✨✨✨
Profile Image for Selinapedersen.
69 reviews2 followers
March 19, 2017
This book is magic. So full of important wisdom that I am blown away. Rebecca Campbell is a game-changer. I read this in more than three months - meaning I read it as properly as I could, and I do not regret one second. This book has given me so many wise words to live by and to guide me through life. Thank you Rebecca Campbell.
Profile Image for Philippa.
507 reviews
April 14, 2017
Inspiring, empowering and found just when I needed it. This is an exploration - well, a call to arms really! - of spirituality, the sacred feminine, magic, trust and letting go of old stories, patterns and fears so you can rise up and do what you were put in this earth to do. I will be reading this again!
Profile Image for Agata Wang.
61 reviews7 followers
July 15, 2018
I feel a bit bad giving this just two stars because I’m sure the author meant it to be very heartfelt (and the subject matter IS worthy and important in this day and age!) but ugh.... this book just came off as repetitive, vapid, and very “white feminist spiritualist mish mosh-y”. I couldn’t even finish it. It’s messages are pretty common in goddess spirituality books, many of which present them much better than this one does.
Profile Image for Maddy Murdoch.
6 reviews10 followers
February 9, 2019
From a person who didn't previously consider themselves spiritual, I have come out the other end of this book feeling seriously enlightened, and questioning a lot about the ways in which I've chosen to live my life. From the perspective of someone who has experienced trauma in their life, I think that this book is exceptionally freeing, thought-provoking and even life-altering; I have thoroughly re-evaluated many aspects of myself and my life as a result of reading this book.
Profile Image for MizzSandie.
334 reviews339 followers
June 22, 2019
Wow.
Just reading the content pages and I already feel the truth, the power, the need and a deep deep resonance with this book, reverberating through my cells.
Can’t wait to read, to dvelve into its powerful truths, it’s light, guiding me in the dark.

——————
This book turned out to be as powerful for me as initially felt and thought.
I’m very grateful that it found it’s way to me, and for everything it changed and strengthened in me.
May it find it’s way to everyone else who might need it.
Profile Image for Aubree Deimler.
Author 3 books37 followers
August 11, 2017
Having recently connected to the rising divine feminine power within and around me, I could relate to Rebecca's story. I feel as if I could have written her words. They spoke to my soul. Learning that she has endometriosis, only made me connect with her deeper.

Rebecca's words are needed and necessary during this time. I feel the rising happening too. It's time to heed the call.
Profile Image for Peri Martin.
33 reviews
March 11, 2019
Another incredibly inspiring book by Rebecca Campbell, continuing in the same vein as Light is the New Black.
As soon as I finished it, I turned to the beginning, to work through the questions and exercises, treating it as a workbook - my own personal psychotherapy course! :)
Profile Image for Jenna Degowski.
Author 1 book20 followers
April 7, 2020
Soulful

Thought provoking and encouraging in this time of uncertainty. As women this is definitely time to use our voices, support our Mother Earth and join together to heal the damage of the patriarchy.
Profile Image for Ange Rogers.
39 reviews3 followers
March 2, 2017
From the first few pages you know this book is going to be something special. I read it, and then re-read it to make sure it really sunk in. Such an empowering read for ALL women! Highly recommend!
Profile Image for Natalie.
Author 1 book16 followers
January 15, 2018
This should be the new bible for our generation! So much heart-filled wisdom. I listened to the audio book and found myself nodding my head the whole way through. <3
Profile Image for vicky.
61 reviews79 followers
September 10, 2018
Wow, I didn't expect to adore this so much! I listened to the entire book either while out in nature or drawing and I loved every minute of it. It felt like a 7 hour meditation, let me tell you.
Profile Image for Hannah.
170 reviews1 follower
March 25, 2019
3.5 it wasn’t very in-depth, it was more like a light overview of things. I would have liked a bit more “meat” to it.
Profile Image for Bree Glasbergen.
30 reviews
January 16, 2023
I read this book about once a year to remind me of my own feminine power. The questions asked in the book are so soul provoking. I enjoy taking my time to journal what comes up from each of the introspective topics that are discussed. The first time I read this book was the first time I understood the complexity of a women's cycle and that we cannot create or perform the same all month long. This inspired my deep research and self education of the cyclic nature of the feminine. This time around the lessons at the end of the book around birthing a creation really stood out to me especially focusing on one creation at a time. Highly recommend for all women looking for something deep and introspective to read. You will feel seen and more importantly you will feel held.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Ivonne.
249 reviews85 followers
November 2, 2017
Contrario a otros libros del género, Rise Sister Rise no se enfoca en ninguna disciplina o filosofía, o mucho menos en alguna religión.
Es un libro espiritual para mujeres, con ideas, consejos y tareas que nos ayudan a recordar por qué somos distintas y a aceptar esas diferencias. Leer este libro me dio un sentimiento de cofradía con otras mujeres que han vivido muchas cosas por las que he pasado y que consideraba, solo me sucedieron a mi.

De vez en cuando es bueno conectarse con el lado femenino de las cosas y dejarlo fluir y estamos en una época en la que es realmente necesario.
Profile Image for Sydney Barnett.
19 reviews
October 4, 2022
My friend lent me this book and said it was utterly life-changing. Sure, there are some chapters that really resonated with me and I feel inspired in certain ways.

I would say a couple of the spiritual claims were too woo-woo for me (like saying some of us are from other planets and stuff lol ya not sure about that). I also found the book extremely repetitive.

Overall a nice read but didn’t live up to my friend’s strong recommendation, unfortunately.

1 review
December 17, 2020
Loved this book. It bought out the warrior in me that I have known to be there all the time. Empowering words, short and to the point writing the mantra at the end of each chapter.
Profile Image for Yvonne.
39 reviews
February 23, 2022
A most read for every woman out there. To feel safe and question yourself. To find the courage to do what feels good to do for you are the creator of your life. To read you are not the only one!
94 reviews
September 17, 2018
I enjoyed this book. The reasons it took me so long to finish are I took time to complete the exercises, learn mantras/affirmations and tried to incorporate my learning into everyday life which is still a challenge but worth persevering with.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 219 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.