Start by marking “Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within” as Want to Read:
Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within

Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within

Rise Sister Rise is for the women who agreed at soul level to be here at this stage in history to lead this global shift that the mystics of all of the ages have predicted: the return of the mother and the rise of the feminine. It is essentially a call to arms for women to rise up, tell their truth, and lead.
Most women have spent much of their working lives “making it
Published October 7th 2016 by Hay House UK

To ask other readers questions about Rise Sister Rise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise Sister Rise

Start your review of Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within
Krystal
DNF @ 40%

This is where I gave up entirely:

'The more time you have spent in spirit form, the more difficulty you may find being in a human body. Many of us have incarnated on other planets where third-dimensional laws just don't exist. This is one reason why we may feel heavy,uncomfortable and trapped in our physical bodies, using food and other substances to keep ourselves grounded.'

Incarnated on other planets? Really???

I mean, I actually believe in reincarnation. I like the idea that our souls
Sian Lile-Pastore
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Initially I thought this book was going to be a bit light - but the more I read the more I enjoyed it. There's lots of stuff here about embodying what you do - how unless you love what you do you will never be a success, and how if you do love and embody what you do then it will all just come naturally.
Also loved this bit:

"It's not your job to change anyone. There is nothing more annoying than someone who is pushing their spirituality, consciousness, opinions or anything else for that matter on
Andreea Zelenyak
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This books was beautiful!!!! Very inspiring and uplifting, I couldn't put it down..I red it 2 times this week, just to be sure I didn't miss something important!
This is a book for those who believe in past lives, light work, wiccan believes and so much more.
For some people, this may sound weird, and that's ok....this book is not for everyone!
It's a book that tells us to believe in ourselves (women), a book that shows us how to awaken and rise the goddess within us!!!
'She traveled to the end
Veronica
Jan 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
I had heard about this book so many times from women I follow on social media and was really eager to read it. I tried to like it - I really did - and I also tried to keep an open mind once I realized that I didn’t like it, but I honestly couldn’t bring myself to finish it despite my dedication to finishing every book I start. This is as touchy-feely-new-age-spiritual as it gets, with the author talking about how a woman’s period is our connection with our ancient lineage and links us with their ...more
Chris
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: spiritual
I expected more to be honest - this was just too much out there for me
Rosie Amber
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Four Point Five Stars

Rise Sister Rise is a non-fiction guide for those ready for change in their life circumstances, whether at a crossroads in life, a desire to stand up and be heard, or a need to follow a dream.

Rebecca Campbell firmly believes we are at a crucial point in our world development, ending thousands of years of oppression and darkness caused by religion and power hungry world leaders. Our planet is dying under current human abuse; people are lost, hurt and angry.

This book is "a ca
Olivia Church
I feel like this book is a work from the heart and comes from the passion of the author. However, I found it difficult to read, as it contained the same rhetoric I've read in so many other Goddess Spirituality books. There were lots of repetitive calls to 'rise' and little discussion on HOW women can truly 'rise' in a tangible way. It just lacked substance and was very simplistic. The foundation was also very much within the dichotomy of masculinity and femininity that is repeated in much of God ...more
Claire
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another book of shared thoughts from Rebecca Campbell, just as good as her first book, so full of encouragement, in particular for women to be more open and confident to use their intuitive abilities and to support each other, in ways that were practiced a long time ago.

That what we feel are the remnants of a fear that has been passed down as it was not so long ago that these skills were a danger to women. It is a celebration of who we are and of the feminine energy (within men and women) and i
Ashe
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down the most inspirational book I have ever read!!! I have been looking for this book my whole life, but there is no doubt it came to me now simply because I was ready right now, in this very moment of my life. Thank you Rebecca for Raising the vibration of women all over the world with your powerful words. I recommend this book to every friend, every woman, every sister, every mother, every creator and every soul who seeks to rise higher within herself! Simply Brilliant ✨✨✨
Selinapedersen
This book is magic. So full of important wisdom that I am blown away. Rebecca Campbell is a game-changer. I read this in more than three months - meaning I read it as properly as I could, and I do not regret one second. This book has given me so many wise words to live by and to guide me through life. Thank you Rebecca Campbell.
Philippa
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Inspiring, empowering and found just when I needed it. This is an exploration - well, a call to arms really! - of spirituality, the sacred feminine, magic, trust and letting go of old stories, patterns and fears so you can rise up and do what you were put in this earth to do. I will be reading this again!
Aubree Deimler
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Having recently connected to the rising divine feminine power within and around me, I could relate to Rebecca's story. I feel as if I could have written her words. They spoke to my soul. Learning that she has endometriosis, only made me connect with her deeper.

Rebecca's words are needed and necessary during this time. I feel the rising happening too. It's time to heed the call.
Ange Rogers
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the first few pages you know this book is going to be something special. I read it, and then re-read it to make sure it really sunk in. Such an empowering read for ALL women! Highly recommend!
Jenna Degowski
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soulful

Thought provoking and encouraging in this time of uncertainty. As women this is definitely time to use our voices, support our Mother Earth and join together to heal the damage of the patriarchy.
Agata Wang
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
I feel a bit bad giving this just two stars because I’m sure the author meant it to be very heartfelt (and the subject matter IS worthy and important in this day and age!) but ugh.... this book just came off as repetitive, vapid, and very “white feminist spiritualist mish mosh-y”. I couldn’t even finish it. It’s messages are pretty common in goddess spirituality books, many of which present them much better than this one does.
Maddy Murdoch
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
From a person who didn't previously consider themselves spiritual, I have come out the other end of this book feeling seriously enlightened, and questioning a lot about the ways in which I've chosen to live my life. From the perspective of someone who has experienced trauma in their life, I think that this book is exceptionally freeing, thought-provoking and even life-altering; I have thoroughly re-evaluated many aspects of myself and my life as a result of reading this book.
Steph McGlenchy
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-loved
I actually cannot put into words the effect this book has had on me.
Actually, perhaps just one.

TRANSFORMATIONAL

I simply adore this book, and I will come back to it time and time again.
Rise Sister RISE!
Natalie
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
This should be the new bible for our generation! So much heart-filled wisdom. I listened to the audio book and found myself nodding my head the whole way through. <3 ...more
Hannah
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 it wasn’t very in-depth, it was more like a light overview of things. I would have liked a bit more “meat” to it.
Peri Martin
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another incredibly inspiring book by Rebecca Campbell, continuing in the same vein as Light is the New Black.
As soon as I finished it, I turned to the beginning, to work through the questions and exercises, treating it as a workbook - my own personal psychotherapy course! :)
vicky
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I didn't expect to adore this so much! I listened to the entire book either while out in nature or drawing and I loved every minute of it. It felt like a 7 hour meditation, let me tell you.
Anne Bird
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The reasons it took me so long to finish are I took time to complete the exercises, learn mantras/affirmations and tried to incorporate my learning into everyday life which is still a challenge but worth persevering with.
Ashley
An inspiring self-help book/workbook. Answering the questions did take time, but show me some of my one patterns and blocks. As such, this is not a quick, or light, read. It’s also pretty weird. But so am I! And that, to me, was the big message. Be happy with being weird. Few people go anywhere or feel truly happy by conforming.
MizzSandie
Wow.
Just reading the content pages and I already feel the truth, the power, the need and a deep deep resonance with this book, reverberating through my cells.
Can’t wait to read, to dvelve into its powerful truths, it’s light, guiding me in the dark.

——————
This book turned out to be as powerful for me as initially felt and thought.
I’m very grateful that it found it’s way to me, and for everything it changed and strengthened in me.
May it find it’s way to everyone else who might need it.
Kerry
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this lady right here is off the hinges! I love her work so hard - been through both of her books this week. I read Light is the New Black in paperback and then listened to this book, Rise Sister Rise, on Audible (she has a great accent and reading voice). I ended up ordering a paperback version of this book too as I found it was hard to get through all of the inquiry prompts while listening, despite my mad scrambling to write everything down. The book is about 7 hours of listening, which I ...more
K.R. Green
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I used to read a lot of spiritual books, and this year has led me to reconsider my experience of connection, pain and our 'separateness.' After about seven months of being recommended Rebecca's books by multiple people, I gave in. and read the first 3 'parts' in 3 days. Then I took some time to reflect, to pause, and struggled to read a few sections. But I reached the end, and I can certainly say it's been a while since I took so many notes. I took photographs of pages with their number to retur ...more
Louise
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed Campbell's first book (Light is the New black), it offered good insights on how to begin a spiritual awakening. Rise sister Rise on the other hand seems to include many points already covered in her first book, and repeated many times throughout. Spiritual truths for me personally, do not need this kind of marketing. The many repetitions to fill the word count, added up in the end to be uninspiring and fell flat against my expectations.
Sara Foley
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I would give this book 3.5 stars if that was an option (why isn't it an option, Goodreads?)
I listened to this as an audio book on my currently very long commute. I liked that she is Australian, that it was personal, poetic and written with a genuine desire to help women develop into their full potential. It might be a style thing, but I also found it wordy, sentimental and repetitious. I often found myself thinking that I would like to cut half of it out, and make it a lot sharper. It was irrita
Miekje1402
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I'd rather give this book 3.5 stars.

The book contains lots of universal wisdom, IMO. What I found annoying was the writer repeated a lot of her statements throughout the book. I found myself thinking 'yes, yes, we know that, now' every few pages or so. I didn't find her ideas really new or even refreshing, however I found some of the written pieces somewhat insightful.

I finished the book because I continued to think: 'maybe the next part dives a bit deeper into the subject' but then it didn't.
Adele
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ive got to say i didnt can nnect with this book. Light is the new black was alot better and i could connect with the information in there. The spiritual side was easy and really helped my life alot. But rise sister rise had practically the same life story of rebecca. But i just couldnt connect with the rest of it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Love Your Lady Landscape: Trust Your Gut, Care for 'Down There' and Reclaim Your Fierce and Feminine SHE Power
  • Witch: Unleashed. Untamed. Unapologetic.
  • You Are a Goddess: Working with the Sacred Feminine to Awaken, Heal and Transform
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • Moonology: Working with the Magic of Lunar Cycles
  • Mary Magdalene Revealed: The First Apostle, Her Feminist Gospel & the Christianity We Haven't Tried Yet
  • Warrior Goddess Training: Become the Woman You Are Meant to Be
  • White Hot Truth: Clarity for Keeping It Real on Your Spiritual Path from One Seeker to Another
  • Pussy: A Reclamation
  • The Soul Searcher's Handbook: A Modern Girl's Guide to the New Age World
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • Raise Your Vibration: 111 Practices to Increase Your Spiritual Connection
  • May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness
  • Reveal: A Sacred Manual for Getting Spiritually Naked
  • Radical Self Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself and Living Your Dream
  • Evolution of Goddess: A Modern Girl's Guide to Activating Your Feminine Superpowers
  • The Goddess Revolution: Make Peace with Food, Love Your Body and Reclaim Your Life
  • Work Your Light Oracle Cards
Rebecca Campbell is a Hay House author, grounded intuitive, spiritual mentor, six sensory teacher and co-creator of The Spirited Project and one of Hay House's freshest voices. Rebecca has been studying metaphysics since her first awakening when she was a teenager. She went on to enjoy a successful career in advertising as a creative director before she was 30.

Drawing on this unique experience, Re