Start by marking “The Thirty List” as Want to Read:
The Thirty List

The Thirty List

Everyone has one. That list. The things you were supposed to do before you turn thirty … Of course, sometimes real life doesn’t work out like that. And at thirty, Rachel has slid down every ladder she ever climbed. Jobless, broke, and ditched by her husband, she has to move in with grumpy Patrick and his four year old son, who've got problems of their own. So to cheer them ...more
Published July 18th 2015 by Mills & Boon (first published June 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Thirty List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thirty List

Rea Cobb
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am counting down the weeks now until my thirtieth birthday and suddenly I am finding myself writing lists about what I had hoped to have achieved by this milestone and seen as it is something that is on my mind it seemed fitting to read The Thirty List by Eva Woods.

Rachel didn't expect at the age of thirty to be homeless, unemployed, with no money oh and not forgetting in the process of getting a divorce! Life really hasn't gone to plan and with few options available she finds an advert to liv
Kim
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, kindle, net-galley, n
As a list maker – this book was always going to make my to be read list! I really enjoyed it. Rachel makes lists for everything.
She’s reached a crossroads in her life- out of work and getting divorced and moving into a box room in Patrick’s house. He’s a struggling single dad and had advertised for someone to help around the house in exchange for somewhere to live. Her life has planned out how she thought it would.
Her friends think that she needs to make a list to get her through her divorce, of
Hannah Manser
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light, easy read with warm likeable characters, even with their flaws.
Rianonne
Mar 06, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abbrüche-2018
Nach 145 Seiten abgebrochen ....
Babs
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Das Buch hat seine Höhen und Tiefen. Vor allem einige der Nebenfiguren sind nicht ganz ausgereift!
Zoe Hall
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
4.5 stars.

This is easily one of my favourite books I've read this year. From beginning to end, I thoroughly enjoyed the story, the characters and particularly the writing. In places, Eva's writing is sharp and witty and had me giggling with some of her one liners.

I thought it appropriate to honour my review of this wonderful book with a list of the reasons why I loved it so much!

1. The characters are well written and I actually felt like I cared about them.

2. The story's not pedantic, it does
Elaine
This is a great book for anyone who likes to make lists for anything . . . bucket lists, things to shop for, reasons for doing things, reasons for liking someone, reasons for not liking them….. Take four relationships that are in turmoil, add in a list of challenges and you’ve got a great recipe for a brilliant novel. Considering the lists are so important in this book, the list of reasons I enjoyed this book include:

Thoroughly enjoyed the author’s style of writing.
Well rounded characters, full
Bookread2day
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Thirty List by Eva Woods is her first romantic comedy novel. Before Rachel gets married she wants to know these questions how do you know? how can be sure? About the person you marry. In a vintage-style dress, now Rachel will become someone’s wife. Dan and Rachel move to a new house in Surrey. Now Rachel Kenny at the age of thirty she is imminently to be divorced, moving out of the home they spent years creating. Enternal list-maker Rachel has a plan with plenty of new sets of challenges to ...more
Iqra M.
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book that I have read by the author but unfortunately, this one was less successful than her 2017 published book called How To Be Happy. I much preferred it and gave it a five-star rating.
However, although this book made me somewhat scared to “grow up” and face “real life problems” , I love how raw and real it is. I love all the characters because they are so believable and likeable.
It was a little bit hard for me to finish this book at first since it was a little repetitive
alison medway
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this author!

This is the second one of her books that I’ve read and now I’m going straight to the Amazon store to see if she has written any more books. Would recommend this book to anyone who likes sarky humour, believable characters, and chick lit with some depth and realism.
Miss J A Findlay
Perfect romcom!

I loved this book, it was just the right blend of comedy and story to keep me gripped and wanting more at the end of every chapter. As a thirty-something female with a penchant for lists and a less than tidy life I felt like this could have been written about me. Great read!
Rachel (Confessions of a Book Geek)
Check out my full review here:

The Thirty List has a great cast of characters, an honest and at times fun story line, and a nicely paced plot that saw me get through a 400+ page contemporary in what felt like no time at all. As is common in “chick-lit” or “women’s fiction”, certain aspects of the book were reasonably predictable, and a couple of elements were just slightly unbelievable, but it’s definitely not the most fairy-tale-esque adult fiction I’ve re
Claire Boughen
Apr 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok as a chick lit read but I found it a little depressing and predictable. I've read a lot better.
Isabela Ueda
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had real fun with this one! And reading it so close to my own 30's birthday made it even better!
Devi Sykes
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it from start to finish!
Tina Klassen
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Es ist eine schöne Geschichte. Sehr liebevoll und mit viel Humor geschrieben. Oft musste ich schmunzeln besonders bei den Witzen und Kommentaren von Ian. Bei einer Stelle kamen mir sogar die Tränen. Die Persönlichkeiten besonders von Patrick und Rachel fand ich sehr sympathisch.. besonders die von Patrick. Insgesamt ein tolles Buch. Für fünf Sterne hat mir der Wow-Effekt gefehlt. Trotzdem rund um gelungen!
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had been really looking forward to this book. It sounded just my sort of thing, plus the main character shares my name, and I'm only a year older than her. I figured it may give me any idea of where my life should be going! Rachel's life though is quite different from mine though, and apart from Patrick, I think I prefer my life.

I found Rachel to be a hard character to fully like, yes she is going through a divorce, and I appreciate that must be hard, but she seems to be just a bit whiny, and
Julie
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast-paced, hilarious and heart-warming, The Thirty List is the irresistible debut novel from the fabulous Eva Woods!

Never in a million years had Rachel imagined that she would be approaching her thirtieth birthday and be unemployed, broke and divorced! Life had taken her down an unexpected path that had thrown a lot of disappointment and heartbreak her way, but Rachel is tired of feeling dejected and heartbroken. She’s grown weary of constantly letting life pass her by and vows to do something
Cheryl M-M
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to the disaster called Rachel's supposedly perfect life, well at least it used to be. From the very beginning it seems as if Rachel has made hasty decisions or at least ones made in doubt. She has built an image of a perfect relationship in her head and lives it outwardly for society.

To be quite frank she needed to buck up and stop being the perpetual doormat for the people around her. Instead she goes when she is asked to leave, she gives up house and home, because hey Dan asked her to.
Angela Clarke
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love lists. I make lists for everything from shopping lists, to lists of things I want to do in the coming year. They help me remember, clarify and stay focused. Forget the iPhone Generation, when I think of the ‘listicles’ that appear on Buzzfeed I know we’re the List Generation. Which is what is so initially appealing about The Thirty List: a romantic comedy that tells the story of Rachel, newly separated from her husband, who draws up a list of all the things she’d meant to do before turnin ...more
Ems. (afternoonbookery)
Rachel always has a plan, and failing that - a list, so when she finds everything she has falling apart and suddenly she needs a new list, because the one titled the reasons that suck about been divorced isnt getting her very far, shes got no job and no house - things couldnt be much worse really. As she sets about seeking shared houses and flats, she comes across all sorts of people, ones she shouldnt be living with at her age.

When she meets Patrick and his ideal arrangement surely its too goo
Jo
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Six Reasons why I loved this book:
1. The main characters were sincere and believable – and I loved them.
2. The supporting characters made you want to join them in the pub for a few beers.
3. It made me laugh out loud on the train whilst reading about the completion of one of the items on Patrick’s list.
4. The story, whilst familiar and comforting like a well-loved teddy bear, brought a new spin to a classic format. Rachel felt her life was over at thirty following a divorce, she meets a new guy,
Krystal
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1 I liked the book
2 I really liked the book
3 I really really liked the book

In an age of predictable romantic novels with Prince Charming and Snow White and Bella Swan and Edward Cullen ,The thirty list has a fresh and realistic take on becoming 30 and trying to cope with relationships and life's problems.Whether it be between friends, spouses or divorces relationships are not straight forward and I think Eva Wood captivates this beautifully.The relationships in this book are so real and I love h
Rebecca Haslam
I had read about this book in Cosmopolitan magazine and so was curious to see why they thought so highly of it. I was able to finish this book in three days, which is about average for me, and sadly, I can't say the book exceeded my expectations. Don't get me wrong, as I approach thirty myself and am starting to look back on things I wish I had done as well as thinking about those things I want to do, I could find myself nodding along with various comments throughout the book. However, with that ...more
Ann Cooper
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed it! Rachel is a very sympathetic character - but very funny as well. Patrick is a very honest sort of bloke and I was rooting for them from the word go.

The book is very funny at times , although I felt like strangling Ian at times! In fact all Rachel's friends are as complicated as she is and the different plots made for really interesting reading.

The list of challenges was a brilliant idea. I've also done a sky dive and the description was spot
Cath Stannard
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never thought i would finish this. I kind of fell out of reading at the end of last year and then my Father passed away so i couldn't concentrate on anything.
It took me up until half way through this book to actually start to enjoy it. I found it a bit drab and there were too many characters for me to grasp. However the book did turn around and although you could see what what going to happen it really made me smile and the main characters really are very likable. Not many books actually make
Shutupshabby
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
**** Copy provided by NetGalley for an honest review ****

I REALLY liked this book!

I understood it, I believed it and its how I often feel. As someone who is knocking on the door of thirty, there where bits where I stopped and laughed at myself because I was like "Oh its not just me who thought that"

and I LOVE a good list. Its like someone sat down and thought they would write a book aimed specifically at me!
Verity W
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
**********Copy from NetGalley in return for an honest review******

This is funny and romantic, and after I initially thought it was going to be to much of a Bridget Jones alike, it really found its stride and its own style. I liked the main characters, I liked the resolution, I had a few minor quibbles with some of the secondary characters, but not enough to affect my enjoyment of the main plot. It got me reading bits out loud to The Boy which is always a good sign!
Rachel
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was ok. It could have done with more ruthless editing in my opinion. It was just too long for what it was; a nice little story.
Kiri Fisher
It was a slightly relatable book what with 30 looming and the fear that you haven't achieved anything so open yourself to wanting to "live", but soon realise that living is what you are already doing in your own way.
I know it's a typical chick lit book but I just wish the ending had been different. I feel that was the main part that really let me down.
  • The Purveyor of Enchantment
  • Indelible Ink
  • Fishnet
  • Something Nasty in the Woodshed
  • Love Me or Leave Me
Eva Woods lives in London, where she writes and teaches creative writing. She likes wine, pop music, and holidays, and thinks online dating is like the worst board game ever invented.