Start by marking “Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy (Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy series, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy (Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy series, Book 1)

Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy

(Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy #1)

The forest is full of danger . . .  but help is here. Meet Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy, improbable pals who use their powers—laser vision and an unrelenting sense of optimism—to fight the forces of evil. Join the dynamic duo as they battle aliens, a mutant fish-bear, a cyborg porcupine, and a mechanical squirrel, learning along the way that looking on the bright side might ...more
Published September 6th 2016 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laser Moose! Rabbit Boy! Thank goodness they are in the woods, thwarting dangers that creep towards us...keep it up guys - thanks! Really fun book.
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
A cute, humorous graphic novel - seriously, laser eyes on a moose? Moose are cute by themselves, but throw in some laser eyes, a rabbit buddy who rides the world on his antlers, aliens, evil forest animals, a waste factory that mutates bears - and chuckles are pretty much guaranteed.

Broken into four short stories, the endings are usually wink-wink, nudge-nudge sendoffs. The drawings aren't terribly complex or layered, but the bright colors and simplified design fit into the absurdity of the stor
Skye Kilaen
"Do you ever get tired of watching out for danger, Laser Moose?"
"Do you think danger ever gets tired of being dangerous?"

I read this first in our household, and then desperately wished I'd read it aloud at storytime instead, so my son and I got to crack up together. But how could I have known it would be so good?! He ended up loving it as much as I did. The friendship between Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy is priceless. The Aqua-Bee-Bear is terrifying. Frank the deer carrying his leg around is macab
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy may seem an unlikely duo, but they make a very cute one. Together they protect their forest from threats, all the while Laser Moose shoots, ehm, lasers from his eyes.

While aimed at children, this comic book is also very nice for adults. There are some nice mysteries in it, I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest
Dov Zeller
This is a great little book for me right now as I struggle to stay balanced and not panic (at least, not panic every minute of the day) about the very real scaryness. Moose and rabbit are a crime-fighting (sort of) duo. Moose has laser eyes and he likes to use them and is always on the lookout for danger and very attached to his hyper-vigilant over-lasering. Bunny is is a bit more mellow, and more willing to give questionable critters and circumstances some time--to investigate and develop his u ...more
Joshua
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish this book had been around when I was a kid because I couldn't stop reading this book. Lazer Moose is quite possibly the greatest character I've read in a children's book since I fell in love with George and Harold in Captain Underpants. His intense seriousness was conveyed in just a few lines, and Savage does an amazing job of balancing this character's intensity with the sweetness of Rabbit Boy is, no doubt, the person most people would like to be.

What's wonderful about this book howeve
Susan
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved reading this quirky book about an extra-anxious (occasionally paranoid) moose who can shoot lasers out of his eyes and his more typical rabbit friend. I have plenty of anxiety, and it helped me laugh off the sometimes-ridiculous ways in which I can panic about stuff.

Also, extra plus points for creativity. The chapter about toxic goo (not a spoiler) kinda reminded me of The Simpsons, as do the jokey, color-saturated illustrations.

AND this book is actually a series of short stories about t
erin
I am the audience for mismatched animal buddy tales with a level of absurd humour and clever writing. Fun, fast, and funny with-kiddo read.
Rachel
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this absurdly silly, episodic graphic novel, Laser Moose (literally a moose that can shoot lasers from its eyes), and his friend Rabbit Boy go through a series of misadventures in their woodland home. Neither seeks out trouble, but when aliens come calling, and bears turn into mutant aquabears from toxic waste, you can't really avoid it, and, both feel compelled to address the matter anyways. Laser Moose has a corny cop-type personality, seeing evil behind every tree, always being vigilant, a ...more
Wayne McCoy
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy' by Doug Savage is a pretty hilarious book about an overprotective moose who shoots lasers out of his eyes and a trusting squirrel.

This volume has three stories. In the stories, there are aliens, a strange mutant fish-bear, a cyborg porcupine and a poor deer that loses a limb when Laser Moose is startled. In each case, Laser Moose wants to eliminate the threat, but Rabbit Boy thinks there might be more going on.

The lessons are about reacting with fear or with trust.
Nicola Mansfield
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it

This is hilarious. Three short stories featuring Laser Moose who is always on the look-out for danger and Rabbit Boy who looks on the bright side of things. The stories are really cute and the humour is a little dark. Moose hears rustling behind a bush and assumes it is danger lurking so he laser blasts the bush. Oops! It was just Frank the deer foraging but now his leg has been sawn off and it's not the first time Laser Moose has done this! Later we find Frank the deer in a tree being attacked
R. G. Nairam
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
why are there not ten of these
Roanna25
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Frank!
Malka
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
I received this book from NetGalley in Exchange for an honest review

Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy is a cute graphic novel about this unlikely friendship between a rabbit and a moose that shoots lasers from its eyes and fights off evil in the forest.

It's short, and adorable, and contains 3 short little stories within it. I really love the art style, and the friendship in the book. The stories were funny, the characters fallible yet fun.

There honestly isn't much more to say than if the premi
Kate
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you like Adventure Time, you'll love this. Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy are protecting the forest, well really Laser Moose is and Rabbit Boy is learning. Sometimes Moose could do with lightening up a bit, sometimes Rabbit could take Moose at his word. They fight mutant animals, robot animals, and try not to destroy the forest in the meantime. Simple, funny, and also includes a nice educational piece and experiment about lasers at the end!
Alison
A funny collection of short graphic novel stories good for younger kids
Dichotomy Girl
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This gave me a few good laughs.
Brett C
Looking forward to the second book in the series
Erin
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Silly, light fare. I very much enjoyed Frank the Deer’s dry, off-put attitude.
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a digital copy of this title from the publisher via Netgalley.

A Top Book of 2016 Pick!

Ten Second Synopsis:
Four short tales in which Rabbit Boy is optimistic and Laser Moose is vigilant...always vigilant. Hilarity ensues.

A forest full of danger, an optimistic rabbit and one very vigilant moose...

Never has such a friendship between opposite personalities existed in a children's graphic novel than that between Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy. While Rabbit Boy is just happy exploring the fore
Angela Holtz
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lilac Wolf and Stuff

**I received a free digital copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

I was a little gun shy after Taco el Gato, but I read the reviews and it said good for kids and adults. Okay, maybe Ivan will actually like this one. We've used up all our Hoopla checkouts after all.

This was super cute and actually really funny. My oldest was wandering off and wasn't interested...until Laser Moose accidentally lasered off a deer's leg and the deer says, "not again!" - that had C
E.A.
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
( I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review )

What a cute little book. I so happen to stumble across this when browsing Netgalley, Laser Moose is what caught my eye and I was like. Hell yeahs.

This was a short but fun read, perfect for children. If you're looking for something fun, sassy, and exciting to read your little one, this picture book is perfect.

Laser Moose is like the superhero of the forest, always looking out for evil, though he is clumsy, I think the
Diana
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it
If you like bizarre and funny comics, then this one is for you! You have a Moose with laser eyes who is always on the defensive to stop danger and evil doings, and his friend Rabbit Boy, who is just a regular rabbit. There is some moments of "WTF" on this comic, but you sure will laugh!

We have four different stories:

- one in which the duo battle an alien invasion
- one in which there is a mutant fish-bear creating havoc and they decide to help stop it (probably my favorite)
- one with Laser Moose
Cosima
I was given a free copy of this by the publisher. It's a lighthearted, funny collection of 3 comic-strip style episodes in the lives of Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy. I read an Adventure Time book around the same time, having had no experience with it previously. I didn't enjoy it; I actually found the humor in LM&RB to be more like what I'd expected from AT, which is to say that I laughed out loud many times and I think that all ages can enjoy it. The illustrations are nice and funny, too. I l ...more
Ian
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy protect the forest with the power of, well, lasers, and unending optimism. Alas, they're likely to cause as much trouble as they prevent.

The book contains three stories and a short adventure, full of improbable happenings and a mix of dark and goofy humour. It's a very short read for adults, and I think kids will find it funny as well.

If you like this book you might want to follow Doug Savage's online comic, Savage Chickens, which sports much of the same humour, albe
Arminzerella
Darcy
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to meet Doug Savage and get him to sign my copy of the book along with a Rabbit Boy doodle. This book is exactly what you would expect. Dumb fun pretty much sums it up. I had a smile on my face the entire time. An enjoyable read for young and old alike when you do not want to think too much. Can't wait to read #2!
Alyisha
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was a pure delight. I laughed out loud so many times. Optimism + cynicism + environmentalism + a deer carrying its own amputated leg in its mouth = sheer genius!

(That was a weird review, wasn't it? Hmmm. Oh well. Moving on!)
Lindsay Crawford
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Adorable and hilarious!
Tina
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hilarious and adorable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I'm the creator of the Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy graphic novels, and the comic Savage Chickens.

Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy (2 books)
  • Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy: Disco Fever (Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy, #2)