Start by marking “Octopuses One to Ten” as Want to Read:
Octopuses One to Ten

Octopuses One to Ten

Dive into this fascinating counting journey through the amazing and mysterious world of octopuses.

Everyone knows octopuses have eight arms. But did you know that they have three hearts and nine brains? This intriguing exploration of octopuses goes through numbers one to ten, with a snappy rhyme and fascinating octopus facts for each number. The book also includes octopus
Published September 27th 2016 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Octopuses One to Ten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Octopuses One to Ten

Start your review of Octopuses One to Ten
India
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Happy World Octopus Day!

I bought this book a few months ago (on Independent Bookstore Day) for my daughter and my niece, butalso for myself because I'm obsessed with these weird, beautiful, alien creatures. We picked this up today to read together learned that October 8 is World Octopus Day! I thought that was a funny little coincidence. Anyway, this is a cute little book with 10 interesting facts accompanied by illustrations that (I thought) were beautiful. At the end of the book, they also
Liesl
A magnificent book that expertly meshes the numbers 1 through 10, wonderful illustrations and fascinating facts about octopuses. Fun and educational on multiple levels! My son and I now have been spurred to learn even more about octopuses, which are truly incredible creatures.
Marcie
I like this as a possible mentor for animal reports and did love learning much more about octopuses than I ever knew. My Favorite for 2017 Colorado Book Award in Children's Literature category.
mg
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a standard information book that can appeal to a wide array of audiences: there are rhyming couplets for each of the numbers which are easy to read to younger audiences for small facts about octopuses. There are also more detailed paragraphs for older kids, or kids who are eager for more information. What's great about this book is, you can read a rhyming couplet, then read the more in-depth paragraph or not, and the book still flows. Often times, the rhyme follows on the second page, so ...more
Theresa Worona
i liked how this book had easy, rhyming facts to catch the readers attention! underneath the rhyming fact, there was a more in depth, scientific explanation of what the above statement said which i thought was interesting to have both that way the reader could go more in depth if needed. the pictures were average in the book, there was nothing too crazy about them. there was not a lot of color and the backgrounds were mainly white. the pictures did not catch my attention, rather i was more ...more
Kiri
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Could be adapted for storytime with a slightly older group, especially by cutting down to the counting structure and skipping the more informative and detailed bits. Lots of good information in here about octopi. Would even work for a book report for a younger kid, particularly with some assistance from an older sibling or parent. Fun, cut-out illustrations, rhyming, and my favourite ocean creatures.
Two BookWorms Blog
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That is interesting enough by itself, but what I really like is that when readers are exploring the ten types of octopuses listed in #10, there are extra pictures that show the size of each one in relation to the size of a person.

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co...
Alyson Carroll
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: informational
This book has a fact about octopuses for numbers 1-10. Each number rhymes, but off to the side theres some more information about that one fact. At the end, there 10 different kinds of octopuses listed. This is a very informational book and I would recommend it for younger children.
Sharie
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brand new info; needs to be read twice - one to acquire the info and one to enjoy the rhymes
Pam
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Information text about octopuses together with a counting rhyme for younger readers.
Erin
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fascinating facts about a truly unique animal. Great illustrations.
Jessica
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Exceptional illustrations.
Hannah
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Great facts about the octopus and good for the letter O.
Ibrieal
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: informational
This book goes through the parts of an octopus from one to ten. It goes from the three hearts that the octopus has to the eight tentacles. This book is really good for younger students. The illustrations are very well thought out and will help visual learners.
Carolyn Combs
Brief description: OCTOPUSES ONE TO TEN, written by Ellen Jackson and illustrated by Robin Page, is a compilation of fascinating octopus facts that incorporates counting one to ten. For example, "Octopuses in disguise have four ways to fool your eyes." The layer of rhyming text celebrates this extraordinary creature and is enhanced by a second layer of additional information. While the main text focuses on the Pacific octopus, the ending introduces nine additional species, plus activities and ...more
Stephen
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was really unique because it was an informational text all about octopi! I have never gone into a children's book thinking ahead of time that once I was finished with the book, I would have a ton of new knowledge in my head that I would remember. This book teaches its reader a lot about different types of octopi and it's really interesting. Ask me any fact about an octopus, and I'll probably know it!

This book's illustrations are really beautiful. It is evident that the illustrator took
Pamela Powell
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great information in a cute format. From basic details like octopuses have eight arms to less-known details like they have three brains!
Hannah Jane
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-nonfiction, buy
After reading this I have decided I would like to always have an inch of glass between me and any octopus I meet. Oh they're fascinating all right. Octopuses One to Ten does a great job highlighting some of the weirder things about Octopuses (they can detach an arm to throw off a predator). But boy are they scary! Thankfully it's the delightful kind of scary. After finishing this book I cannot wait to find out more about them!
Janet
Clever and concise is this title about octopuses. One is given ten facts about octopuses and each of these fact relate to the number one to ten. Then ten different species of octopuses are shown with brief facts about them which is valuable as many of the octopuses we see depicted seem to only be one or two species. Very interesting info and a well done visual nonfiction title that does not leave out facts.
Debbie Tanner
This is a terrific little counting picture book that has lots of information about octopuses. It has a really great structure where there is a short piece of rhyming text and then more detailed non fiction information. The art work is gorgeous!
Laura Salas
Engaging nonfiction--I love octopuses. I felt like the prose sidebars were stronger than the rhyming main text (although I'm a big fan of rhyming nonfiction in general). Love how Jenkins makes cut paper look so fluid and swirly!
Edward Sullivan
Great information and excellent illustrations.
Angela
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A read all the Octopus books and this is another good one. Recommended for grades 1-3 and as fascinating as the animals themselves.
Karen Arendt
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is full of great information about the octopus!
Karen Holt
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
great illustrations. many kinds of octopi
Allison
I support independent bookstores. You can use this link to find one near you: http://www.indiebound.org
Cheyanne
Ingrid
Jan 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Found Dogs
  • Not Quite Black And White (Not Quite, #1)
  • Flora and the Flamingo
  • We Are Grateful: Otsaliheliga
  • Officer Buckle and Gloria
  • Journey
  • Strange Birds: A Field Guide to Ruffling Feathers
  • Sarabella's Thinking Cap
  • One Leaf, Two Leaves, Count with Me!
  • The Brain is Kind of a Big Deal