Start by marking “Anne Henry” as Want to Read:
Anne  Henry

Anne Henry

3.05  ·  Rating details ·  1,074 Ratings  ·  313 Reviews
In this wonderfully creative retelling of the infamous—and torrid—love affair between Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIII, history collides with the present when a sizzling romance ignites in a modern-day high school.
Henry Tudor’s life has been mapped out since the day he was born: student body president, valedictorian, Harvard Law School, and a stunning political career just
Published September 13th 2016 by Simon Pulse (first published September 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Anne Henry, please sign up.
Dawn No official launch day yet, but launch month is September, 2015 :-)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
A contemporary retelling of the romance between King Henry the VIII and Anne Boleyn, in which Henry is a wealthy, popular teen destined for political greatness, and Anne is the manic pixie dream girl who ensnares him and threatens to destroy the life he's worked so hard to build.

Anne Boleyn.

manic pixie dream girl

I have a bad feeling about this.
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating: 1.5 stars

Like most people, I have a strange and unexplainable fascination with all things Tudor, especially Anne Boleyn. Frankly, she was a badass in her own right and impacted English history so much even though this wasn't fully appreciated until many years after her unjust sentencing and beheading. Plus, I happen to love the Showtime TV series The Tudors for three very delicious reasons: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Henry Cavil and Natalie Dormer. Meyers in particular was a spectacu
Gillian Berry
A... a contemporary version of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn's courtship? I am... excited? Confused?

Does it end with him chopping her head off?!
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
 photo 15525082_zpsrpsu3dor.gif

THIS WAS AWFUL SO FREAKING AWFUL.
I get that this is a modern day retelling of henry tudor and anne boleyn's disastrous relationship but OMG I HATE THIS BOOK SO MUCH.
no redeeming characters. i mean if you're going to do a retelling try to put a twist on it.
so much slut shaming. I HATE THIS BOOK

Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"A veces son las personas más cercanas quienes más daño nos hacen".

Cuando vi este libro y me enteré de que era un retelling en la actualidad de la tormentosa relación que tuvieron Anne Boleyn y Henry Tudor en el S. XVI estaba emocionadísima porque, después de ver The Tudors y obsesionarme con toda la vida de Henry VIII, sencillamente quería ver qué salía de este experimento. Y vaya fracaso.

Ni siquiera pude tomarme el libro como uno de esos que me saca de un parón lector o uno muy sencillo que l
Meli
Mar 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un retelling sobre la relación de Henry Tudor y Anne Boleyn. Mi lado nerd estaba que se moría de curiosidad por ver cómo adaptaban a la vida moderna varias cosas, sobre todo la decapitación, #MorbosaModeOn, y estuvo todo muy, muy bien elaborado y pensado. Me gustó.

Quien no conozca la historia por ahí lo revolea por la ventana, pero quienes sí... EL regocijo.

Edito y voy a pecar de traga insoportable: me da risa y me deprime la cantidad de reviews negativos por el final "inesperado". Chicos, no es
Lucia
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read, ya
I have always been fascinated by Tudors' history, Henry VIII's and Anne Boleyn's story especially. When I found out about this modern re-telling, I knew I would be all over it as soon as I got my hands on it. Unfortunately, my big expectations were not met (as it happens quite often with titles by Simon Pulse). In this case, great blurb and premise does not guarantee a good read. So what exactly did go wrong? Here are main points discussing what did not work for me in Anne & Henry:

1. There w
Heather
First I must admit as soon as I heard about this book I basically harassed and/or stalked the author Dawn Ius to get a copy. I believe she felt so sorry for me and my pathetic attempts that she sent me a copy to basically shut me up. ~ Seriously, though... Dawn I appreciate everything you've done and I loved every word...

Secondly, the cover. PERFECTION. It's everything I expect of a modern day Anne & Henry.

I have always had a fascination with the Tudors and Anne Boleyn. When I found out thi
Max Baker
Thank you Edelweiss for providing me a DRC in exchange for an honest review

The blurb is a lie. This is not a contemporary retelling of the love story between Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn where Anne is the manic pixie dream girl and Henry is the king who falls for her charm. No, this book is where Henry is manic pixie dream boy who breezes into Anne's life AND COMPLETELY SCREWS HER OVER.

I know people were worried about the manic pixie dream girl portrayal of Anne in this book, and let me tell you r
Katherine
”’You don’t want to do this, Henry. She will ruin you.’”

Henry Tudor has his whole life planned for him; after graduating Medina High School as valedictorian, he’s expected to go to Harvard University, major in political science, and become a hot shot senator like his father was. Like his brother Arthur was supposed to be. But Arthur is dead, and Henry is left to follow in his footsteps. Problem is, it’s not what he wants. He’s always been Arthur’s follower, trying to be like him but never quit
nick
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

Anne & Henry is a modern retelling of Anne Boleyn and Henry Tudor's tragic relationship. I was looking forward to reading the book because I enjoy retellings and even though I knew exactly how the book would probably end. That being said, Anne & Henry was an incredibly frustrating read for me. First things first, the writing in Anne & Henry was excellent. Dawn Ius has a fantastic writing style, especially for a debut book and I can tell that she is one talented writer. To be honest,
Aleri
Jan 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Probablemente una de mis peores lecturas de este año.
Kyle Kerr
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Things you need to know right off the bat:

1) This books is extremely addicting. I read it in one sitting and couldn’t be bothered to stop for basic human functions such as eating, using the bathroom, or breathing (during certain scenes).

2) This story stays true to the essence of the real Anne Boleyn and Henry Tudor, but it is NOT a strict retelling. EXPECT CHANGES. And be openminded and allow yourself to get lost in the story.

What I love most about this book is how intimate it is. Not in the sen
Danielle
Nov 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss-arc
Justice For Katherine 2K15

The story of Henry VIII and his six wives is a well known and tragic one. It's also tantalizingly juicy. I'll be the first to admit, my shelf for Tudor non-fiction is titled "gossip rags" for precisely this reason. Love, sex, affairs, murder, Henry had it all. So I can absolutely see the thought process behind a modern, high school update to the story.

Henry Tudor is the only remaining son to a wealthy dynasty family. Since his brother's death, he's been groomed to take
isabelle
Jul 26, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shut the front door.

Is she biting his cheek?
Jen Ryland
This had some elements I really liked - I liked how Anne Boleyn's character was translated into an eyebrow-raising, motorcycle riding teenage rebel, and the way many of the real-life people of the time were brought into the book. There was some good, fun scene-setting, like the costume party and the scene at the abandoned theater.

However, I could never really understand why this contemporary Anne was interested in Henry. He seemed a little too conventional and boring for her. I mean, we will nev
Stacee

I've always loved the story of Anne Boleyn, so I was instantly intrigued by a modern retelling.

I loved the duel POV we got. Anne and Henry are both interesting characters and being in their heads was like a car crash I couldn't look away from. There were a few sweet moments, but the attraction and intensity is the main event. The group of friends, led by Catherine and John, were a perfect substitution for court.

Obviously, I knew there wasn't going to be a HEA, but I could have never e
Katerina
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
I wanted this one to be a goodie, but as soon as I finished it... Errrr nooo it went downhill. It actually started incredibly well and having to do a modern retelling of Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIII is a hard thing to do. I just didn't understand how easily Henry was persuaded by his friends and family. And that trial? What was that?! He just said it wouldn't have to come to that and then it happened? I don't even know if I believe Anne's story but you can't help but admire her attitude about ...more
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
This retelling of Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII isn't working for me. It reads more like Gossip Girl than it does a contemporary retelling. Katherine of Aragon casted as a "Barbie" blonde? For real? She is more like a goodie-two-shoe Catholic school girl than a devious cheerleader....just my opinion. I read the first fifty pages, but I had to put it down. I just didn't care about Anne. DNF.
Jay G
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

3.5 Stars

This book is a loose retelling of King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn set in the modern day.

I really liked Anne as a character. She was spunky and sassy with an attitude you didn't want to mess with. But she was also sensitive and caring. I liked Henry for the most part, but I think he was too easily swayed by others opinions, which pissed me off. I really enjoyed how the story w
Kyra

Review will also be posted at https://deardariamorgendorffer.wordpr...

E-copy provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not, in any way, affect my opinions or emotions about this book.
RATING : Ranging from 2.5 to 4 stars.

WARNING: There are may be some spoilers ahead. I will try my best to hide these spoilers.

meh
/me/
(informal) (exclamation)
expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm.

Me after reading this:

Well no, not entirely. This gif just sums up my feeling about th
Sherry Ficklin
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was perfection from start to finish.
I love the real history of Anne and Henry and I was a little nervous going in. How would it stand up to a modern retelling?
Answer, it's amazing.
Henry is spot on as a spare who suddenly finds himself the heir. After the death of his older brother, all his family's political and social expectations fall firmly on his shoulders. The problem is, he's unsure who he really is and what he really wants.
Enter Anne Boelyn. So often she's portrayed as a con
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to Simon Pulse

--------------------------------------------------------------
Point of View: Dual (Henry & Anne)
Writing: First Person | Present Tense
Setting:
Genre: Young Adult | Contemporary Romance
--------------------------------------------------------------

It started out pretty interesting. I did like it at first and thought the whole thing was quite refreshing. However, I lost interest in the story after having read about half of it. To me, it was numbingly boring.

I couldn't
Kelly (Belle of the Literati)
So I say to myself at 9 o'clock PM, 'I'll just start this one and see how it is because you've been anticipating this book for close to 10 months, just read a few chapters to get the feel for it.'....I'm not really sure why I lied to myself knowing full well I would not stop until I finished. I have...so many feelings right now and all of them good. I mean...no, I hate everyone right now but only because this book was so amazingly done. Can't wait to write my review :) #AnneBoleynIsForeverMyHome ...more
Sophie
Nov 03, 2014 marked it as nope  ·  review of another edition
I am both intrigued and skeptical! Not too confident about Anne Boleyn's portrayal.
Alex
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I received an ARC copy of this book, thanks to Edelweiss.

**slight spoilers for the ending of the book below**

I've never read a book by Dawn Ius, and I actually think this might be her debut young adult novel. I saw some previous reviews for this book on goodreads, and more then half of the reviews I saw were three or less stars, which had me a little nervous. I thought I was going to hate the book. I actually ended up enjoying it a lot more then I thought I would.

Wait, I'm getting ahead of mysel
TheSnowBook
Anne y Henry es una historia bastante sencilla, facil de leer, atrapa mucho y la recomiendo como para salir de un reading slump.
Para ser un retelling quizas esperaba mas, pero tmb esperab que me gustara muyyyy poco al ser una historia llena de cliches.
Aun asi me divirtio leerla y la recomiendo por ser agil y entretenida.
El final me gusto, al menos eso fue diferente y tiene sentido que termine como lo hace, ya que la historia original de amor, no es tan perfecta.

Reseña completa: http://thesnowboo
Cait
Mar 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in2015
BAD. SO BAD.
Please accept a transcript of text messages from me to emma as my review:

(view spoiler)
Maxi
Qué librazo.
Me gustó muchísimo. Me pareció un contemporáneo muy original, divertido y completamente diferente de lo que estamos acostumbrados. Cae un un par de clichés, sí, pero por ejemplo en lugar del chico malo tenemos al chico rico e inteligente y en lugar de la chica correcta y educada tenemos a la chica fuerte y atrevida que no se hace la pobrecita ni por asomo. Conocía la historia real muy poco y por eso me esperaba cosas diferentes de los últimos capítulos del libro pero eso no hizo más
  • Lock & Mori (Lock & Mori, #1)
  • Hold Me Like a Breath (Once Upon a Crime Family, #1)
  • Tunnel Vision (Tunnel Vision, #1)
  • Trail of Shadows and Blood (A Tale So Dark & Grimm, #1)
  • Underneath Everything
  • Scarlett Undercover
  • After Hours
  • The Trouble with Destiny
  • Cut Both Ways
  • Has to Be Love
  • The Tenderness of Thieves
  • Wandering Wild
  • Emancipated (Emancipated, #1)
  • Velvet Undercover
  • Dead to Me
  • Making Pretty
  • Pretending to Be Erica
  • Truest
DAWN IUS is a short-story author, novelist, screenwriter, professional editor, and communications specialist. She is the author of three contemporary young adult novels published by Simon Pulse (Simon & Schuster)—Anne & Henry, Overdrive, and the forthcoming Lizzie, April 2018, as well as 15 educational graphic novels for the Alberta Canola Producers Commission, and a TV script for the fort ...more
More about Dawn Ius

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“My new world is etched in diamonds and sealed in gold, drowning in pretension.” 5 likes