Start by marking “Bitty Bot” as Want to Read:
Bitty Bot

Bitty Bot

“Told in jaunty, rollicking rhymes that are enlivened by colorful, humorous digital illustrations, this robot version of a bedtime story demonstrates that, no matter how energetic a little ‘bot’ may be, there inevitably comes a time when ‘batteries are running low!’” —Kirkus Reviews

A little robot would rather go on an intergalactic adventure than go to sleep in this rhymin
Published October 4th 2016 by Simon Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books

To ask other readers questions about Bitty Bot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitty Bot

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
A little robot who is too excited to go to bed...bet 'mombots' and 'dadbots' everywhere can relate to this problem!
KC
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute rhyming robots.
The Library Lady
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Another "I don't wanna go to bed" book, only with robots. The bright art has a nice retro feel to it, and the RHYMES WORK. Sadly, I emphasize this, because it's becoming a rarity among such books.
Not the best book ever, but certainly another book to add to the shelf for kids who love robots.
Hannah
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just got a publicity kit for this release, which included a copy of the book! I really do love it, I enjoyed the cute rhyming text, and the illustrations were very pleasing. I like the color scheme as well, and plan to hang the poster that I received is on my wall.
Angela
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun to read rhyming PB perfect for bedtime
Laura Salas
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Too cute!

All the bots in Botsburg beep:
"Day is over. Time for sleep!"
"Kiss your papas, hug your mamas.
Activate your bot pajamas."

But Bitty Bot has some night time adventures in mind:>)
A. Hunt
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the cutest books for the wee-ones! Sadly, it's too young for my ewoks, but we enjoyed it. I read it a few times. Written by Tim McCanna and illustrated by Tad Carpenter, Bitty Bot is a story about a little robot who wants to go on adventures in outer space than go to sleep, like everyone else in his world.

First, the cover's totally cute! The gadgets and colors behind Bitty and his pet keep the eyes busy. The art style is unique and offers up a 60's vibe. I liked it! The story was writt
Margaret Boling
1/29/2017 ** I love reading online lists of books. I love using the power of technology to request books and having them placed on hold for me at the public library.

But sometimes, there's no substitution for just browsing the shelves of new books at the public library. This is a classic "It's time for bed. But I don't want to" book for toddlers and preschool children. Bitty Bot gets in bed, goes on an adventure, and then returns home to sleep. I enjoyed the imagination.
Sheri
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very clever rhyming story about a robot who refuses to go to sleep when the others power down. He takes a trip instead and powers down when the others are waking up and getting started for the day.
Fun read and lots of color in the illustrations. The meter is pleasing and good read aloud to K-3rd grade children.
Calista
My nephew wanted to read this. He's big into robots and loves this story. He wants to buy Bitty Bot. I think the artwork is beautiful and I don't think a whole lot of the story. Great art work, ok story.
Darshana Khiani
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute. Great rhyming skills.
The Book Box
Mar 19, 2017 added it
Shelves: own
Mama read this to me.
Devon
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love the illustrations in this one!
Megan Smith
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great rhyming and text length for a toddler/baby storytime program, and fabulous illustrations.
Rebeca
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5 stars.

Like others said, the illustrations are beautiful and the rhyming is cute so it might keep some kids engaged, but there's not a whole lot to the story or even the fact that it involves robots. Why would you waste your robot angle? :( If it was a story about bears it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference, and that was sadly disappointing.
Francis S. Poesy
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
A fun rhyming picture book for the younger picture book lover in your life. I liked it but it came off just a little too precious. Not sure young readers will have a problem with that. They will definitely have a fun time perusing the illustrations that are teeming over with robots and space creatures.
Kelly
Cute book (average story), but I loved the choice of colors!
Lauren
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I really liked the rhyming of the book. This book would be good for summer reading next year to tie into space/electronics.
Bev Taylor
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this rhyming book!
Mel Stephenson
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet and fun bed time story. Effortless rhyming that flows. Really enjoyed, as did my kids!
Brittany
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A twist on the typical "robot go to sleep" story. Pretty darn cute.
Court
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Robots in space. Cute. It has rhyming fun mixed with adventure. This book was easy to read to the kiddos, and the loved the rhymes mixed with bright colors. It's an adventure!
Erika
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, art
The color scheme throughout this book is AMAZING!! It's a story all about going to sleep and powering down. Definitely a cute read.
Kathleen
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bitty Bot is the adventurous 'child' in all of us. Small children can relate to his questioning spirit and desire to see new places. A futuristic spin that is repeatable again and again.
Tracie
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Everyone is ready for bed in a busy robot town except for Bitty Bot.
Ashton Castle
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bitty Bot is not like other robots. When everyone else goes to sleep, he stays awake inventing, creating, and exploring what his imagination has to offer. One night, he uses his invention to fly to the moon where he joins a party and has fun fun fun until slowly he gets sleepier and sleepier. The creatures he encounters on the moon encourage him to hurry home and get some much-needed sleep, and when all the other bots get up in the morning, Bitty Bot sleeps in order to recharge for another night ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
A great bedtime story for preschool age kids!

Just like kids, robot kids (bots), don't always want to go to bed when they're suppose to. So what do bots do when they can't sleep? Readers will love going on an adventure with Bitty Bot, the little bot who would rather go on an adventure than go to bed. Really cute illustrations, paired with a great color scheme, and rhyming text make for memorable bedtime read that will keep even the youngest of readers entertained. This is a great book to add to y
Sandra Guerfi
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What happens when its bedtime for bots? Do they wind down after a long day of scientific endeavors or just full of energy and rearing to go. That's what our little robot has to contend with as he gets ready to face another day that just doesn't seem long enough for all the things he has to do. Full of retro looking illustrations that may remind you why you loved sci fi movies as a kid with rhymes to keep the little ones entertained, this is the perfect book to read with your little one as they g ...more
Jj
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
The text is not so hot, but the illustrations are fun. Unfortunately, they are also so dark that this book would be very difficult to share with kids in a storytime or at bedtime. Lovely color palette, but very dark and low contrast which makes visual challenges for all.
Ashley Adkins
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved the illustrations in this book and the overall artistic feel of the book! The story was a little bit young for my boys as it seemed like it was meant for preschool aged children.