Start by marking “Lumberjanes, Vol. 5: Band Together” as Want to Read:
Lumberjanes, Vol. 5: Band Together

Lumberjanes, Vol. 5: Band Together

(Lumberjanes (Collected Editions) #5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5,036 ratings  ·  682 reviews
What gives, two-legs?!

It's a battle of the bands... with mermaids! April takes it upon herself to restore a friendship that has fallen apart, but will she be in over her head as her above water friendships take a hit? When friendships are challenged, can the Lumberjanes save the day? Don't miss out on this exciting collection!

This New York Times bestseller and multiple Ei
Published December 13th 2016 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Lumberjanes, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lumberjanes, Vol. 5

really liked it 4.00  ·

Heidi The Hippie Reader
The Lumberjanes discover a secret world under the lake. They solve problems and learn lessons about friendship along the way.

Not the strongest entry in the series, but still excellent for children and those who are still learning the polite, unwritten rules of society.

I loved the first episode where we got to see the girls arriving at the camp and forming their friendships.

And I also loved April's character development.

"But your FRIENDS had things they needed to do that were important to them. .
Calista
This was a very different volume than the rest of the series and I'm ok with that. The first chapter was a flashback so we can see the first day of camp where the Lumberjanes meet each other. I hope we can see more of that in the future. The rest of the story takes place around the lake. There is one focus and it's MERMAIDS!

Ok, I'm admit, I love mermaids and so maybe why I love this so much is that there are mermaids in the story and not only mermaids, but Punk Rock, battle of the bands Mermaid
Selene
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Booktube-a-Thon July 24, 2017-July 30, 2017
Challenge #3 - Finish a book in one day.

Summer Biannual Bibliothon 2017 July 23, 2017-July 29, 2017
Challenge #4 - Throwback Challenge: Read a diverse book.
Lauren
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good read but not the strongest in the Lumberjanes series. I think this was mainly because there was only one real main thing happening in the story (April wanting to help Harlow the merperson make amends with her friend and get their merband back together). That's literally it, although, in typical Lumberjanes style, April comes to realise that she shouldn't always put herself first and sacrifice her friends' plans just because she wants to do something.

I also wasn't a huge fan of t
Erica 📚♋️✨🌸
This really fell flat for me I didn't really like the plot and all the characters looked different. Also I really didn't like the new Characters that were introduced I wanted the old ones. But I still liked it over all
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I'm always so happy to return to the Lumberjanes universe. These girls are so sweet and feisty and fun, and I love the way their diversity is celebrated throughout the storyline, too. There's always some sort of new development in the way of diverse casting and content, or feminist tones, both of which were prominent in this story. There's some important discussion about how unkind language (such as improper pronouns) can ruin a friendship - because it's downright hurtful to keep using terms tha ...more
Sara
Yay another volume in the "Lumberjanes" universe!

Booooo kind of crummy art work and a story that's a bit more dramatic and character driven but not nearly as fun as the previous ones!

This issue has a bit of an origin story for everyone wondering why exactly Ripley's head looks like it was stuck in a garbage disposal and how in the world Molly wound up with Bubble's the raccoon as a hat. They're not especially exciting answers but they are answers.

I don't know I just wasn't feeling this one. The
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Another change in the look along with a lack of excitement caused this to be a disappointment and likely the last one I'll read in the series.
Ana
The punk mermaids are just as cool as you'd think and valuable lessons in respecting your friends are learned.
Victoria ♡
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-comics
The art in this volume was a nice change, anD MERPEOPLE YES! This was so good! I loved the new characters added for this volume and I liked the story a lot more than the last few issues I read.
Chelsea
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series has really grown on me over time, and I find myself really looking forward to each volume now. It truly saddens me that this is in development for a movie when it lends itself so perfectly to a television format.

I loved the first issue in this one, which gave a much needed glimpse into each of the girls's home lives. It was so adorable to see all of them on their first days!

After that, the art style completely changed. It would have been a huge step in the quality of this series to h
Carlos Peguer
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Sería más bien un 3,5.

Este ha sido probablemente el volumen que menos me ha gustado, pero como siempre ha sido muy cool. Me hubiera gustado que hubiera habido más movidas con las sirenas y más misterios por resolver como en los volúmenes anteriores, pero aun así ha sido precioso de leer/ver y muy entretenido. ♥
Kaitlin
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series is always a whole load of fun and I always find myself enjoying being back with these girls. Such an adventure, very readable and a really lovely bunch of friends. I'd always recommend this series. I love it :) 4* (because I love the original art more than the art in later chapters, otherwise it's faaaab still!)
Shan(Littleirishbookcat)
It was good but not my favorite.

I've really missed The Lumberjanes but I'm saddened to say this volume was my least favorite out of the series so far. After the character growth and background information we got in volume four I expected this volume to continue on. However we got no continuation and to be honest, the plot was a little all over the place.

The only thing that saved this volume was my love for the characters.

Overall, it was okay but a little disappointing after how great volume 4
Alison
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I felt like this may have been the weakest in the series so far. There was a weird art change halfway through and I didn't feel like we really got any character growth.
I did really love seeing where everyone came from and their parents! and I was glad it did focus more on April and her shortcomings, but the action just wasn't that exciting this round. Oh well, still love these girls!
Stewart Tame
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
So the camp’s lake has giant serpents. And mermaids (Harlow: “... we prefer merwomyn.”) Because of course it does. It all adds up to one memorable party for the ‘Janes.

This volume actually stands on its own pretty nicely, and makes a fine starting point if you can't get your hands on volumes 1-4. We kick off with a flashback to everyone’s arrival at camp, and then sail into a three parter involving the aforementioned merfolk and serpents, as well as friendship, rockin’ tunes, and pounds of glitt
Nancy Kotkin
Story: 3 stars
Art: 3 stars

This fifth volume of the Lumberjanes serialized comic collects issues 17 through 20. I'm quite fond of the Lumberjanes and will continue reading this series, but I'm rather disappointed about the total disconnect between the cliffhanger that Chapter/Issue 16 ends on and the flashback that consumes all of Chapter/Issue 17. While the flashback provides some interesting background on the characters, nothing actually happens plot-wise in the entire chapter/issue. Readers co
Paula  Phillips
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I have to admit when I started reading Volume #5 of the Lumberjanes, I had the feeling that it should have been Book #1 as it starts off with each of the girls arriving at the Summer camp for the first time and meeting one another and getting to know their camp counselor Jen. Rather than Volume #5 where they have known each other pretty well for the previous four and have gone on several amazing adventures with one another. In Band Together, the Lumberjanes come face to face with their first sup ...more
Cyndi
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
These books are terrific! In this one we have mermaids and a flashback to their arrival at camp.
Diz
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm usually a fan of the Lumberjanes, but this is a weak volume of the series. The first issue in this collection is quite good. It shows the Lumberjanes girls coming to the camp for the first time. It's interesting to see how their relationships started.

However, the last three issues in this collection are painfully bad. Noelle Stevenson is absent from the writing team on these issues, and the series suffers for it. The personalities of the Lumberjanes, which were so strong prior to this, beco
Ashley
Unfortunately, this is the first one in the series I just really haven't liked very much. The first issue was delightful, a little flashback to the girls first arriving at the camp and getting to know each other. But the rest of it with the rock and roll mermaids I was utterly uninterested in. Why? No idea. I love mermaids. But this did nothing for me. It felt unmagical, and it was weird (I know, this whole series weird--it thrives on weird--so why was this a step too far???)

It also didn't help
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
Read as single issues // MERMAIDS THAT ARE IN A ROCK BAND?? SIGN ME UP!

I absolutely LOVED this volume. It reminded me of the first one. I loved seeing the girls and their friendship grow. My mind was blown by some of the revelations and I just want to be right their with the girls as they solve the mysteries of camp!! The only problem I had is that it felt like issue 17 should have been part of Volume 4, but other than that everything was perfect!
Ana Luisa
Read as single issues.

This story arc was so much fun! The Lumberjanes end up meeting and helping some merpeople and it's fun and lovely as usual. This volume had some great aspects relating to friendship and what it means to be a good friend, and I loved all the new characters that were introduced.
Sheila
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I will admit, the change in art really bothered me in this volume. I was not a fan of the styles used, but that's a personal preference.

The stories though? Still excellent. Thank you Lumberjanes for being a bright spark in a dark, dark world. :')
Laura (bbliophile)
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series so much???
Rachel (Kalanadi)
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Good story in this one. I love Allen's art, but the issues with Nowak's annoyed me (I didn't even recognize Jo at first!). Got a little more back story on the girls and that was sweet.
Bruna Miranda
Eu amo Lumberjanes com todas as minhas forças e defenderei com tudo em mim <3
Eu sempre gosto das histórias, cada vez é uma lição diferente; dessa vez foi sobre como às vezes ficamos tão obcecadas com nossas próprias coisas que ignoramos que nossas amigas ao redor tem coisas importantes acontecendo também. OLHA ESSE TEMA!!!! E não é tratado de um jeito em que uma aponta o dedo para a outra: é tudo conversado e explicado na paz e maturidade.

Lumberjanes é o quadrinho que todas nós precisávamos l
Amanda
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
With the exception of the first chapter I really really disliked the artwork in this one. If Vol 1 had started with this art I doubt I would have continued but now I’m invested soooo on to the next one.
Andrea Way
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another enchanting volume. This time featuring on a flashback and mermaids.
Linda
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
4 stars for chapter 17 with Brooke Allen as illustrator and I enjoyed seeing how all the girls arrived at camp.

But 2 stars for chapters 18-20. I don’t care for Carolyn Nowak’s illustrations at all, and on top of that I did not find the storyline in these chapters very appealing.
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 6: Sink or Swim
  • Lumberjanes: Bonus Tracks
  • Giant Days, Vol. 6 (Giant Days, #6)
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 2
  • Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy Vol. 1
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 2
  • Princeless, Vol. 3: The Pirate Princess
  • Lumberjanes: The Infernal Compass
Noelle Stevenson is a comic artist and freelance illustrator residing in Los Angeles, California. She published the young adult graphic novel NIMONA in 2015, which is also serialized online . She has been nominated for a Harvey Award, and was awarded the Slate Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic in 2012. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has done published work f ...more

Lumberjanes (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy (Lumberjanes, Vol. 1)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 2:  Friendship to the Max