Start by marking “Tangled Web (Tangled #1)” as Want to Read:
Tangled Web (Tangled #1)

Tangled Web (Tangled #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!”

At the top of London’s ivory towers business is ruled over by the Walker and the Johnson families. There is no competition. No battle. It is all out war.

When Chloe Johnson – the baby of the Johnson family – decides to move back home to London there was one rule: Stay away from Nathan Walker.

One problem
Published February 12th 2016 by Lizzie James

To ask other readers questions about Tangled Web, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled Web

Winter Sophia Rose
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, Hot, Steamy, Addictive & Intriguing! An Amazing Read! I Loved It!
Jessica Ozment
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this tale of all-out war, two families (The Johnson's and the Walker's) struggle to over take the business world in London. There is nothing the other family will not do to preserve their family legacy, and the story escalates when Nick Walker and Chloe Johnson meet.

Nick is captivated by Chloe, even though he finds out that her father is his very own father's mortal enemy in the business sector. That doesn't stop him from falling deep for the girl. Their "Romeo and Juliet" style romance is n
Stephanie Farrant
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved the idea for the story of Tangled Web. It very much has a Romeo and Juliet vibe, with two families that share a hatred of each other and a love trying to blossom in the clash of that hatred.

However at times I felt certain feelings and relationships were rushed and I just couldn't really feel the story, even though I desperately wanted to.

As a reader I like descriptive text. I like to know details of my surroundings and have a clear picture in my mind of characters. Reading Tangled Web I
Ella Price
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOOOOVVVEEED this book! It was kind of like a modern day Romeo and Juliet when it came to the forbidden love between the son and daughter of warring families’ aspect. I honestly didn’t expect Nathan to act the way he did. I thought he was going to be a total a**, but he turned out to be an amazing guy. Chloe is a great girl who hasn’t had a chance to establish her own identity. She is living in the shadow of her family’s name and it is obvious that it is driving her insane.

I love
Tracy
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although i did find this book to be quite slow in the whole, it did include a wonderful love story between the two main characters. Even with the other characters causing problems and heart brake all the way through.
Chloe has returned home to London from Paris and moves in with her brother Chase, and taking position of Account Manager at Johnson Architecture. Everything seems to be going well as she gets swept of her feet by long time friend, the gorgeous and very sexy Nathan.
Nathan is Head Of F
Books 2 Blog
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

This modern day Romeo and Juliet story centres around the Walker and Johnson family. The two families parted ways years ago and are now rivals in business. This makes things especially awkward for Chloe Johnson when Nathan Walker sets his sights on her and surname aside he is making it his mission to make her his, the only problem is that Chloe wants to resist but for how long can she hold out?

This book was my first by this author and I loved it. I sped through it in just 2 sittings. The story w
Judy Miracle
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** AMAZING DEBUT NOVEL BY LIZZIE JAMES **

I am dying to read the next one in this series! In Tangled Web we have a forbidden romance kind of like Romeo & Juliet. The two families hate each other but when Chloe moves back to London one thing leads to another and shes in Nathan's bed. Chloe tries to put up a wall and only have a business relationship with him but Nathan is not having that. He will do all that he can to get Chloe. I loved how developed the characters were as well the the twists
Amber - TBR Book Blog
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tangled Web by Lizzie James is just WOW. I don't know how else to describe it. Although full disclosure, it is a cliffhanger and Miss Lizzie is very lucky I haven't beaten down the door - ok flooded her FB inbox - asking when more is coming.

Chloe Johnson & Nathan Walker meet, unknowing that each is part of the family they're sworn to hate. Nathan decides to pursue Chloe, even after finding out she's related to his father's nemesis.

There are many twists and turns that you do NOT see coming.
Dawn
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
The chemistry between Nathan and Chloe was electric.
It was clear that they were meant for each other, but some family rivalry was in the way, blocking their relationship. I was glad when they didn't let it and carried on regardless.
I like Chloe's brother until he did some things to try to force Chloe to end things with Nathan.
I can't wait for book two to find out what started the rivalry between the Walkers and the Johnsons, and also to see what Sophie's game is.
Excellent book
Paula Genereau
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I like the style of writing it makes the book very interesting. Chloe is my favorite character because she's strong willed and no one can make up her mind for her. She's told to stay away from Nathan but can she?

I can't wait to read more by this author. I was given a copy of the book for my honest review
J.A. Lafrance
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I fell in love with the main couple and wanted to hurt the people that made them hurt. I am patiently waiting for the next book.
Bobbie Stanley
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I am a sucker for love stories and I desperately wanted to love this one. There's always something attractive about a forbidden romance. Unfortunately, what we want isn't always what we get. While there were moments in this book that I did enjoy, I found it somewhat difficult to connect with. In particular, I found it difficult to like Chloe, whose perspective the entire story was being told from. When it's difficult to connect with or like the narrator of the story, it becomes difficult to get ...more
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tangled Web by Lizzie James does a good job of pulling the reader into the author's debut novel from the start. Forbidden love stories never get old; feuding families are a universal obstacle people from any culture or class can relate to easily. The way the Johnsons and the Walkers loathe each other with no given reason beyond: 'It's the way things are for Johnsons and Walkers." That comes across well throughout the whole work.

Chloe makes for a good protagonist in the sense she's young enough
The Magic of Books Blog
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tangled Web by Lizzie James

Four stars.
Reviewed by Patricia

This book has so much in it's favour, the premise of rival, feuding business families with animosity to spare, make for an interesting, romantic attraction between two of the family members. A modern day Montegues and Capulets; Chloe is a Johnson, Nathan is a Walker, rival business families. One group an architectural company and the other a construction group which means an occasional association on projects...a potential for tempers to
Crystal
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Chloe and Nathan’s story, it was filled with twists, turns, betrayal, loyalty, and seamy scenes. The plot of the book was great, two twenty-somethings from families who used to be close, but are now bitter rivals. Chloe and Nathan decided they didn’t care what their families thought, they wanted to be together. There were plenty of people getting in their way though, from an overprotective brother and parents who did not approve, to a cousin with less than innocent intentions. T ...more
Alicia
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Truly A Tangled Web

An interesting novel with a truly tangled premise. I found the basis for this novel very interesting. Two families once the best of neighbors who out of the blue become families at war against one another in the business world and extending beyond.

When Chloe Johnson and Nathan Walker start dating no one is happy or supportive of them. Their lives become complicated by family members on both sides, but their love for one another just gets stringer. Until there is a misunderst
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

Lizzie James' book Tangled Web, receives a 4.5 awesome stars! As a warning this book is a cliff hanger and that is the only reason this book does not get 5 stars from me. With that said when the series is complete you can bet that I will be buying the entire thing and reading the story over and over. I'll be talking this story up to everyone (with the cliffy warning).

Lizzie James creates a wonderful world of deceit, where two people take a chance on each other.
Heidi
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lizzie James brings us an awesome modern day story kind of like Romeo And Juliet especially when it came to the whole forbidden love between the son and daughter of the warring families.

I Totally did not expect Nathan to act the way that he did. Me being me i thought he was going to be a total idiot...., but i was so so wrong he is an amazing stand up guy.

Chloe is a lovely lady see as lovely as she is she has been unable to have a chance to establish herself and her own identity. She has been
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Tangled Web is the very first book I've read by Lizzie James. Not only that, it's her debut novel and let me just say, she has knocked it out of the park. I was enthralled with this book. It is a spin on a modern day Romeo and Juliet tale, but don't let that run you off. The way the author has written it will leave you craving more.

This book is a cliffhanger. Normally I'm not big on those, but I'm already craving the next part of this. This was one that made me sit up and go WOW. I was flipping
Tracy
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nathan is Head Of F
D.B. Canavan
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book!

I was drawn into this book from the start, and had a hard time putting it down.
Even though the plot of the book is similar to that of the Hatfields and McCoys, and Romeo and Juliet, it also is deliciously different. Just when I thought I knew where the characters were headed, the author threw in unexpected twists and turns.
The author did an excellent job of character development for all the characters. Nathan, is not only a gorgeous/hot character, he also has many
CommonBookSense
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Tangled Web wasn't a horrible book, but it definitely lacked depth. I felt like the opportunity was there to expand, but it seemed as though the content was more of a novel outline and less of a completed book. The characters were well developed, but I kept hoping for more of a back story. I can't help but think that I would have felt more of a connection with the characters if the time was spent on explaining what happened between the Walker & Johnson families. Knowing what severed their re ...more
Kathryn  CLiK Book Blog
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
What happens to a girls heart when she's constantly told the man she's fallen in love with is no good for her, only wants to use her, is only after her name?

This is the dilemma that Chloe Johnson faces in Lizzie James' stunning book - Tangled Web.

The opening paragraph : "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive" is the basis for this emotion charged, lust fuelled story of family deceit and long held feuding between the Walker and the Johnson families who have been invol
Kathy Rouchelle
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I read this author and I have to say that I really enjoy her writing, and I really loved this book, even though there is this huge cliffie!!!! LOL. I loved this story even though it had my emotions riding a roller coaster, but the whole time I kept an anxious feeling that the other shoe would drop and everything would fall apart. This makes it a great read. When a book can capture you and then keep you in an anxious state throughout the book, you know the author has IT. Th ...more
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This book is about a case of forbidden love. We get to see how they deal with all the hurdles being in a relationship together will throw out on their road to a happy ever after. So many people are out to end this relationship before it's barely begun and we are going to see people's true colors.

I loved the relationship between Nathan and Chloe. They have such chemistry and add to that they have history. They are going to really be able to communicate with each other and talk things out because
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
Modern Day Romeo and Juliet
Chloe is returning home to London and is moving in with her brother Chase. She works as an account manager at Johnson Architecture. Life is good, until in walks in Nathan.

Nathan is head of finance at Walker Enterprises. He has a serious crush on Chloe, and has been for a long time. He knows now is the chance to act.

But wait!!

The Walker and Johnson family are major rivals. They hate each other with every fiber of their being.
Will these two have a Happily Ever After
Miki
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love is hard enough without all the buzz around and the difficulties that families throw especially when they dont like the couple to be toghter.
So when Chloe Jhonson meets again with Nathan Walker, 2 families who were close in the past but now are bitter enemies, she's scared.
This is like a roemeo and juliet kind of story.
2 lovers with their love against their families opinion.

The character of Chloe is very deep as we can see, she has a lot on her mind that we read about.
The story was a bit fa
LettyT
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a treat this story is! It's a modern day Romeo and Juliet tale with lots of family drama. Chloe Johnson and Nathan Walker each come from powerful London families. Growing up they know to stay away from anyone in the other family. That's no problem while Chloe is away studying. Upon her return she goes out and finds herself attracted to the very person she can not have. However, it's an attraction neither can or will deny. Secrets are eventually revealed and we find some answers on why these ...more
Amanda Gillespie Shock N Awe Book Blog
This is a play on a modern day Hatfield and McCoy's to me. The feud between two families that, in reality, would be ridiculous. The need to have what is forbidden drives the characters to reach out and take what they want without realizing that it's really not the forbidden that is attracting them. Nathan knows that he's always wanted Chloe. And he is a "take what you want" kind of man. But not only do they have to battle the father's, her brother Chase and his brother Adam, make their lives mis ...more
Ellie Williams
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: finished
I'm so in love with this story.
To me, it's like a modern day Romeo and Juliet - without the deaths.
Chloe and Nathan, such an unlikely couple but still a brilliant couple. Their struggle to be together is very real. So much so that their families will do anything to keep them apart.
It's so not fair. I fought back tears often praying and rooting for them to stay together.
Chloe's story is so sad and lonely, losing her family, especially her brother was not what she intended at all. She hopes that
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)