Start by marking “The Crayons' Book of Numbers” as Want to Read:
The Crayons' Book of Numbers

The Crayons' Book of Numbers

(Crayons)

Counting is as easy as 1... 2... purple?... in this charming book of numbers from the creators of the #1 New York Times Best Sellers, The Day the Crayons Quit and The Day the Crayons Came Home.

Poor Duncan can't catch a break! First, his crayons go on strike. Then, they come back home. Now his favorite colors are missing once again! Can you count up all the crayons that are
Board Book, 18 pages
Published October 18th 2016 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Crayons' Book of Numbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crayons' Book of Numbers

Start your review of The Crayons' Book of Numbers
Jon Nakapalau
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOST CRAYONS! Who can't remember the dread of this situation! Cute book that will appeal to children and bring a smile to adults.
Jocelin
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cute addition in the "Crayon" library. An easy and fun read that incorporates using colors and numbers. A great way to introduce 2-4 year olds to the "Crayons". Some of the story is borrowed from the crayon series but, it is still a joy to read.
Beckie
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-skye
Crayons amd counting. This book was great for counting and color recognition and loved by both my 2 year old and 7 year old.
Heidi
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As the story opens, all of Duncan's crayons are missing from the box. The book takes the reader through counting the colors until they all return to the box. It's fun to see each crayon express feelings about what they are used to color or what they would like to be used for. I love the illustrations that Jeffers creates, they feel so childlike and friendly. And the variety of different things created gives parent and child lots of things to talk about as they read. This book would also make a ...more
Ryan
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This crayon book I like. It's a simple counting book and the crayons give their two cents.
Jeimy
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute counting book. Although I’ve seen others that are better, this one brings the characters’ personalities to life.
Maxwell Rae
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Just rehashing the content from the original story and turn a profit. Not worth a read.
Amanda Brooke
The crayons maintain their characters

This book might be more fun if you've read the other crayon books. I feel like coloring a pink dinosaur now.
Kim
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Schlueter
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I chose this book under the numbers category. I absolutely love this book! The main character has lost all of his crayons and has asked the reader to help him look for them. Not only is this a counting book, but it is also showing the different colors of the crayons. Students will find this book comical as the crayons are talking to the reader saying things like "I am the true color of the sun." from the yellow crayon. Also, the really cool thing about this book is the illustrations throughout. ...more
Kelly
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Neat little colors and counting board book.
Heather
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-book
Cute book that I will have to buy for my niece.
Bianca Orellana
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-000-bbk
Love this one for colors and numbers!
Jessica
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brings a little color to the learning of counting
Becky B
The Day the Crayons Quit is boiled down into a board book form with one short sentence from each crayon and a count of the total number of crayons met so far.

I don't know why they didn't make a new storyline for this one. It is a great example of succinct summarizing if you are looking for an example of that for young writers. I can see a lot of people being disappointed they spent money on this if they already have The Day the Crayons Quit. I mean Jeffers didn't even make any new illustrations
Sophia Lawrence
This book is for prekindergarten or Kindergarten. It is a simple book that goes along with "The Crayons'" series. I love those books as they make kids laugh because they crayons have different personalities and alive so it makes the kids laugh. Basically, the child loses all his crayons and each page of the book is finding each page and it counts to 10. The crayons' each make a comment on what it feels like to be that color crayon. It only counts to 10 so it isn't the most difficult read ever. ...more
Caroline Talley
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Genre: Picture Book- Counting
Awards: None
Audience: Grades K-1
A. This book is a picture book that focuses on counting. This fits the category because there are pictures that take up the majority of the page and a few words that focus on counting to ten as you go through the book.
B. Texture was used very well by the illustrator to depict that each crayon was actually used to color the pictures on the page with a not very solid and intense line used like when you use a crayon in real life.
C. I
Alicia Evans
This is a cute tie-in to The Day the Crayons Quit, and readers who love the original can find fun here. The book utilizes the simple counting book premise while also using the crayon characters/illustrations from the original book. I can see this being enjoyed by young readers, but I also don't see it being read over and over once the reader moves past numbers.

For: fans of crayons/The Day the Crayons Quit; readers looking for a counting book with a little more.

Possible red flags: some readers
Heydi Smith
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-storytime
This book is great for fans of this crayon series, which I am. But as a stand alone book, I feel it was rushed and lacked depth. I know, I know...it’s a kids book. But the other books in this crayon series have so much story building and character development. I feel like this one was just pushed out to continue the series’ presence and not to enhance it.

Still, a solid choice for a number storytime, if all your other good counting books are checked out.
Amanda
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: me-and-ozman
I know there's a whole universe of these books but I am not really in love with this one. It does a good job of numbers. And the pink one is used to draw a dinosaur. Which is a++but I think I prefer the other one we have since a lot of the drawings are re-used. (Either this is the newer book or the one we have is newer; I'm not invested enough to ascertain which).
Joanna
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
The illustrations are super cute, and I love me a counting book, so I had high hopes for this. Sadly, I really felt like each crayon had one crappy complaint and there was nothing more to it than that. Blue: “oh noes, it’s so hard being so popular” for example. Still, super illustrations, for real.
Shaunterria
A cute rehashing of the original story. My baby enjoyed the different voices I used, but he liked the original just as much, if not more. Recommended for parents with children that cannot sit still line enough to finish the original.
Tricia Banda
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
It’s ok. A super short version of the original book. It would have been nice if there was some kind of twist. But this could be good if you want to read to a very young child with a short attention span. Also could be used to learn how to count to 10. So a toddler book.
Clarissa
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Very cute, except what's up with the light brown crayon?
Chance Lee
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-it
Cute but basic cash-in on a popular property.
Dee
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
It doesn’t add much to it’s more famous sibling, but better than the mundane number books. I would call it a good book for kids in 2G reading.
Lindsey
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute but not original. Repurposed images and text from "The Day the Crayons Quit."
Chinook
May 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids
This and the book of colours are almost the same. Similar jokes and illustrations. I liked the other one better.
Sherrie
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This colorful board book is a great way to work on counting with young children as well as recognizing their colors. Witty dialogue and cute pictures!
Lydia
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pretty much "The Day the Crayons Quit" abbreviated into a board book with a running count added to the bottom of the page.

No content issues.

• Goodnight, Numbers
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • Dragons Love Tacos
  • Pete the Cat: Five Little Ducks
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
  • Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
  • Mmm... een taart!
  • Nothing Rhymes with Orange: (Cute Children's Books, Preschool Rhyming Books, Children's Humor Books, Books about Friendship)
  • Bears Are Big
  • Black Bird Yellow Sun
  • Linus The Little Yellow Pencil
  • Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt
  • One Is a Piñata: A Book of Numbers (Learn to Count Books, Numbers Books for Kids, Preschool Numbers Book)
  • This Moose Belongs to Me
  • The Moon's First Friends: How the Moon Met the Astronauts from Apollo 11
  • Duck Goes Potty
  • Flora and the Chicks: A Counting Book by Molly Idle (Flora and Flamingo Board Books, Baby Counting Books for Easter, Baby Farm Picture Book)
  • Please, Mr. Panda
Ever since his childhood in one of Ohio’s most haunted houses, writer director Drew Daywalt has been writing escapist fantasy and building worlds of his own. With a degree in Creative Writing, and a concentration in Children’s Literature from Emerson College in Boston, Daywalt set off to Hollywood where he spent years writing for Disney and Universal on such beloved shows as Timon & Pumba, ...more

Crayons (9 books)