Start by marking “A Killer Kebab (Greek to Me Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Killer Kebab (Greek to Me Mystery, #3)

A Killer Kebab

(Greek to Me Mystery #3)

The new Greek to Me Mystery from the author of Olive and Let Die and Feta Attraction

The Bonaparte House is closed for the season, and Georgie Nikolopatos looks forward to fixing up the Greek restaurant and historic landmark—until her renovation plans hit a fatal snag.

Published November 1st 2016 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Killer Kebab, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killer Kebab

Start your review of A Killer Kebab (Greek to Me Mystery, #3)
Mark Baker
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, mystery
With the restaurant closed for the season and most of her family out of town, Georgie figures now is the perfect time to do some much needed renovations on the restrooms. But Georgie comes back to find a dead body in the rubble of one of the bathrooms. The victim is her divorce lawyer, and the police are quick to arrest a former employee of the restaurant. While Russ is not a nice man, Georgie doesn’t think he’s a killer. But what happened to the victim?

With many of the series regulars out of
LORI CASWELL
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Another mouth watering mystery from Susannah Hardy.

Even with the tourists gone and The Bonaparte House closed for the season Georgie Nikolopatos still finds herself with a mystery to solve. Georgie has contracted to have the bathrooms of the restaurant updated before Thanksgiving when she hopes to have a huge feast for friends and neighbors and local patrons. She can’t believe after just one day of demolition the remodeling comes to a screeching halt when she finds a dead body
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This installment in the GREEK TO ME Mysteries is a perfect dish to this so far three course series.

I know next to nothing about Greek food other than what I have learned from this series. Well, I did know they serve lamb, but, well, no that you on that.

Author Susannah Hardy’s writing has really grown from her first two books in this series, making A KILLER KEBAB an even stronger, intense mystery. But I have to admit, it isn’t my favorite in the series. The writing is just as good, and the plot
Missi Martin (Stockwell)
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was organizing my book shelves and came across A Killer Kebab by Susannah Hardy and couldn't believe that I hadn't read it already. A Killer Kebab is the third book in her A Greek To Me Mystery series and I LOVED the first two. I was very upset that I missed this one and hadn't read it yet......until I realized that I HAVEN'T READ IT YET....... So I sat right down leaving the book shelves more unorganized that when I started and opened the book.....

I was instantly at home with Georgie in the
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review)
Another excellent outing the with characters created by Susannah Hardy, I really like the fact that she has modern family ideas (soon to be ex husband who came out as gay, but both he and his new partner are still great friends with Georgie, oh and an estranged parent who Georgie is just getting to know again).

In this latest offering the restaurant is shut, and whilst normally this would be the cue for Georgie to hibernate with hot drinks, wine, chocolate and play catch up on her reading and DVD
Gail Chianese
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the Greek to Me mystery series. The characters are fun and the story line is unpredictable. There's just one downside. When I sit down with a Susannah Hardy book, I don't want to stop reading until I get to the end. Love this series and highly recommend.
Tina
Nov 04, 2016 added it
Book Review/Giveaway
Nov 5
Roberta
Although the restaurant is closed in this book, there are good recipes in the back.

Summer is over and the tourists have all flown south so Georgie Nikolopatos wants to renovate the restaurant's bathrooms. To finance this, she has conspired with a local contractor to lie to her mother-in-law, owner of the Bonaparte House, saying that the plumbing is over the hill and needs to be replaced.

But in the midst of demo for the renovation, Georgie finds her lawyer in the bathroom run through with a
Sapphyria
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Georgie has begun preparations for some much needed renovations in The Bonaparte House. The restaurant has closed for the season and is otherwise unoccupied so what better time! She wasn’t counting on Russ, a former foe, being on the construction crew. Nor was she counting on finding her divorce lawyer dead in the bathroom currently under construction. With the death and Russ being arrested, the work on the restaurant has all but stopped. Even though she’s not a fan of Russ, Georgie doesn’t at ...more
Avid Series Reader
A Killer Kebab by Susannah Hardy is the third (and final?) book of the Greek to Me mystery series set in contemporary upstate New York. About to be divorced (amicably), Georgiana Nikolopatos ("Georgie") lives in a lakeside historic mansion owned by her Greek mother-in-law Sophie. Tourist season is over, the fall weather is cold and stormy, and Georgie's all alone in Bonaparte House. Sophie is traveling in Greece with Georgie's daughter Callista. An ideal time for restaurant renovation. Georgie ...more
Paula Ratcliffe
This book follows Georgie Nikolopatos whose looking forward to fix somethings at the Bonaparte House while her mother-in-law Sophie is in Greece what Georgie didn't count on was her lawyer winding up skewered to death! Who killed Jim and why? Also Georgie is dealing with a sick mother and her mother's assistant Caitlyn is also ill.

This book was different as it didn't have some of the characters in it as much. No Sophie and running around mad at the restaurant. Georgie's ex was minimal at best.
Sandra
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really good read, and I like the author's writing. Funny, yet mysterious and some great recipes! I have added Ms. Hardy to my list and I will definately read more of her books.

From Amazon:
The Bonaparte House is closed for the season, and Georgie Nikolopatos looks forward to fixing up the Greek restaurant and historic landmark—until her renovation plans hit a fatal snag in this Greek to Me mystery.

Shannon
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was my least favorite of the series. Honestly, I think they got worse as it progressed. The mystery wasn't super interesting, and there wasn't a ton of interaction between Georgie and the other characters outside of the mysteries. In other words, not a lot of character development or bonding; they just talked about clues and murder like the other characters and their development was supposed to be interesting or important. It was just the Georgie show here. Also, I know Thousand Island ...more
Cheryl
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it

Georgie is getting a divorce, her mother-in-law is leaving the country and the tourists are gone so she is getting some renovations to open in time for a Greek Thanksgiving. A former dishwasher shows up on the crew and she is worried that he will take his anger out on her place. Georgie then finds the body of her divorce lawyer and the former dishwasher is arrested. She doesn't think he did it and goes through a confusing list of people that could do it. Georgie does take some precautions when
Sandra
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is a bit better than the first two so, if the author decides to write more books in this series, I have hopes they will continue to improve.

The characters are more developed in this one.

The problem is that there were actually two mysteries that were loosely connected but this did make the story confusing at times.
Liz V.
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Quirky story, but standard complaint with cooking based novels. Not all mayonnaise and ketchup are alike, particularly in 1907. So one cup of mayo and half of ketchup is not useful.
Doreen
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mcn
12/29/16 3.5 stars. Full review tk.
Christine
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Being of Greek descent I always love a mystery with Greeks in it even if they always own a restaurant. (Lots of Greeks do, including my family.) Georgie finds herself in the middle of another murder that leads to a mishandled Trust and a Thousand Island dressing recipe.
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN#9780425271674
Susannahhardybooks.wordpress.com
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Daniele

Synopsis:

With her divorce underway, her mother-in-law returning to Greece, and the tourists gone, Georgie finally has life under
Mystereity Reviews
See this and all of my reviews at Mystereity Reviews

With The Bonaparte House closed for the season and her mother in law gone for the winter, Georgie is looking forward to a relaxing winter; having a some long needed work done on the restaurant's bathrooms, catching up on her reading and plans to throw a huge Thanksgiving dinner. After the contractors demolish the bathrooms, Georgie finds the body of James MacNamara, her divorce lawyer, dead on the floor, stabbed with a Kebab skewer! When Russ,
April
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Georgie is at Bonaparte House by herself as Thanksgiving approaches. She is having the bathrooms in the restaurant redone. The day the fixtures are torn out she comes home to find her lawyer dead on the floor of the bathroom. Franco at the Casa finds a recipe for Thousand Island dressing from 1907. Melanie and Caitlyn are sick. Liza gets sick too. Someone ransacks Georgie's car. The Bloodworth Trust seems to have decreased substantially in value.
How all these things are related and how they all
Lynn
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had to think twice the next time I ordered a gyro.
Once again, an interesting and intriguing mystery - with a surprise (to me) killer.
This book focused on the main character - with other family members playing more peripheral parts than in earlier books. Good depiction of what off-season is like in resort areas, but I look forward to her mother-in-law returning from Greece and who might show up (live or dead) when the tourists start returning.
Daniele
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
I've not read the first two books in the series, but I did not think that this particularly hampered my enjoyment of the book. Overall, I did enjoy it, but at times it seemed to drag. I will say that I have never thought so much about Thousand Island dressing before.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book from the publisher.
Kristin
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have
Couldn't wait to get my hands on this. Totally loving the storyline!!
a.
Jan 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was really boring. I am now finished with this series.
Katrina Wiese
See my full review at myself.com
Cathy
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought the first 2 books in this series were better then this one. Although I did enjoy this book, I thought it was very predictable. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Patrizia
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In questo libro si intrecciano due misteri. Alla fin fine la soluzione è ovvia, ma l'autrice riesce a farti rimanere col dubbio fino alla fine o quasi.
Judy Sickler
Apr 19, 2018
Janie
Dec 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Silent Night, Deadly Night (A Year-Round Christmas Mystery, #4)
  • Stabbed in the Baklava (Kebab Kitchen Mystery #2)
  • The Hidden Corpse (Food Blogger Mysteries #2)
  • Hummus and Homicide (Kebab Kitchen Mystery #1)
  • Curiosity Thrilled the Cat (A Magical Cats Mystery, #1)
  • Murder's No Votive Confidence (Nantucket Candle Maker Mystery #1)
  • Steamed Open (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #7)
  • Broken Bone China (A Tea Shop Mystery #20)
  • Sleight of Paw (A Magical Cats Mystery, #2)
  • A Midwinter's Tail (A Magical Cats Mystery, #6)
  • Home of the Braised (A White House Chef Mystery, #7)
  • Cat About Town (Cat Cafe Mystery, #1)
  • Faux Paw (A Magical Cats Mystery, #7)
  • The Uninvited Corpse (Food Blogger Mysteries #1)
  • By Cook or by Crook (A Five-Ingredient Mystery, #1)
  • A Tale of Two Kitties (A Magical Cats Mystery, #9)
  • The Pint of No Return (A Sloan Krause Mystery, #2)
  • A Killer Edition (Booktown Mystery, #13)
Susannah Hardy thinks she has the best job in the world: making up stories and inventing recipes to go along with them. A native of northern New York, where she attended St. Lawrence University, Susannah now lives in Connecticut with her husband, teenaged son, and Elvira the Wonder Cat. You can visit her online at www.susannahhardy.com, on Twitter @susannahhardy1, and on Facebook at ...more

Greek to Me Mystery (3 books)
  • Feta Attraction (Greek to Me Mystery #1)
  • Olive and Let Die (Greek to Me Mystery #2)