Start by marking “Doodletopia: Fairies: Draw, Design, and Color Your Own Super-Magical and Beautiful Fairies” as Want to Read:

Published November 1st 2016 by Watson-Guptill

To ask other readers questions about Doodletopia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doodletopia

Start your review of Doodletopia: Fairies: Draw, Design, and Color Your Own Super-Magical and Beautiful Fairies
Candace Robinson
I received this book to read and review. First off I am terrible at drawing, but I LOVE fairies, so I decided to test out the waters! The illustrations are great, and the directions have small arrows that each explain something different to help the artist. Great for children and adults! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Vicki
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
When I saw this book, I just had to get it. The faces on the fairies on the cover were so magnetic and adorable, I wanted to be able to draw fairies myself. The Doodletopia Fairies book was an excellent tool. With step by step activities, I was able to manage the first steps of drawing fairies on my own. The pages offer instruction on wings and flying poses.

It is really more than I ever expected. It is much thicker than I imagined and it has a lot of details that explain how to pose your fairy.
Melissa
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an Advanced Reader Copy of this how-to drawing guide for fairies (my favorite mythical creatures)! My 12 year old daughter sketches manga art all the time, but I begged her to give this one a try for me. She loved it. I have really enjoyed other drawing guides in the Doodletopia series and would definitely purchase multiple copies for all my kids.
Beautifulday4makeup The-book-and-Me
I had a book of doodletopia in the past. In that book we could learn how to draw manga characters. This book is directed to fairies. I found that this book raised the bar, because now you could draw every example of drawings they gave. I found that very well. Also it is explained clearly what to watch out for within every drawing.
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)

I don't know if you remember or not (or you may have missed it entirely) but not too long ago I wrote up a review for Christopher Hart's Doodletopia - Manga. And with how much I liked the manga book and how much I love fairies, I just had to get this one and check it out.

So at first glance, this book is about what I expected after having seen and read through Hart's other book in this series. It is set up similarly with ways to draw fairies - wing styles, facial expressions, clothes, etc.
Ionia
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely book with easy to follow instructions that are broken down into bits so they can be followed without too much effort. Granted, my fairy drawing skills still need a bit of work--oh you poor things that I created my first time around...but the good news is, with this book, I think anyone can come to draw delightful images of fairies and their habitats.

I like the way the book is divided up into categories such as clothing articles and various fairy related items. The text is easy
Diana
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, illustrated
These fairies are a bit on the elfish side. But they're very cute elves. And they're still really fun to draw.

It's sogreat that this book takes you from the very beginning of the drawing process to the end with a variety of styles.
It's not just the one figure but every detail about the fairy from head to pointy shoes. Or really whatever kind of shoes you want to give it. Along with personality, attitude and home because there are so many options that you can probably make an entire fairy kingdom
Beyond the Pages
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an incredibly entertaining instructional art resource! I absolutely loved this book. It was simple, kid and adult friendly, and easy to follow. The step-by-step guide was so helpful. In this book, I was able to see OiLS and beyond. I was inspired to try out construction of fairies immediately upon seeing a model. I want the entire Doodletopia library for my family. No kidding!

Rating: 5/5
Highly Recommend: Yes
Audience: All
Status: Art/Drawing, Entertainment, Education, Non-fiction
Source:
Ryan
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really like how this book is broken down. It's a doodle book, so libraries, do not purchase intending for it not to be written in. Each page gives some example of a fairy, or a part of a fairy, such as hair, or wings, or an expression, and shows the reader how to draw it. The facing page (or sometimes even the same page) is a place for the reader to do their own practice.. A well done book for future fantasy artists.
Gayle Pace
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS:
It doesn't matter if you're good at drawing or not. This is a fun book that has fantasy wrapped throughout it. You get to use your imagination to create, doodle, color and enjoy those sweet little fairies that fly into your life every so often. You can be as creative as you want, as wild as you want. It's your book, it's your creativity and it's your imagination. Nothing is right, nothing is wrong. It's just what you feel. The book does have instructions on how to draw hands, feet,
Crystal
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
From a beginner’s perspective, some of Hart’s instructions appear simple and fun. The first two sections (fairy faces and torsos) are slightly more detailed, with three to four steps included. The remaining chapters, however, seem directed toward artists who have mastered more advanced techniques of drawing. These sections (clothing and accessories, wings and flying poses, personality, magical powers, musical instruments, and fairy dwellings) provide just a single basic diagram for reference.

Eileen Hall
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring book for those of you who are fans of mythical fairies.
This comprehensive instruction book is straight forward and easy to follow allowing you to produce your own fairy.
Get your crayons out!
I was given a digital copy of this book by Ten Speed Press via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review.
Elizabeth
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Doodletopia Fairies Draw, Design, and Color Your Own Super-Magical and Beautiful Fairies by Christopher Hart
For years, Christopher Hart has given readers the tools and techniques needed to learn how to draw and cartoon. With the Doodletopia series, Hart offers us a chance to practice and perfect our artistic skills. For this latest title, Hart returns to the lush, gorgeous, and mystical subject of fairies. Doodletopia: Fairies provides aspiring fantasy artists and fairy fans with activities to stimulate their creativity. After covering the basics of rendering these characters, Hart sets us loose to
Andrew Farley
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great book to help you create the characters living in your mind.
I wasn't expecting much from this book, but was pleasantly surprised. This isn't the type of tutorial book where you learn to draw exactly what's in it. What you get here is the basics of drawing the different parts that make a whole picture, and then you can let your imagination go. Explanations for techniques are simple to understand even when the technique itself is not so simple. I would recommend this book to children and
TIZZY
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Everything is really cute in this book. All the fairies are the same perfect, bubbly, forrest fairies. For me growing up, I was an odd ball. I always liked the darker fairies, or the ones who were different. This book really needed variety in themes and types of fairies. I'd imagine there are so many types: water, evil, fire, genius, tropical, voodoo, ect. I know this book is about finding your own creativity, but when you are trying to learn how to draw, you are most likely going to mirror the ...more
Andrea
Doodletopia Fairies
Draw, Design, and Color Your Own Super-Magical and Beautiful Fairies
By: Christopher Hart
ISBN: 978-1607746959

ABOUT:
Learn to draw, design and color your own super-magical and beautiful fairies!

IMPRESSION:
If you're at all interested in drawing cartoon figures but struggle with how to bring them to life, then Doodletopia Fairies is a book for you! The author Christopher Hart shows you step-by-step with many tutorials and easy to follow instructions/directions on how you can
Marie
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’ll take a different approach to this one, as it doesn’t really fit my standard story-illustrations-cover model. This is a great, fairly comprehensive book on drawing fairies. Obviously, this only covers drawing fairies, but I think it’s quite a good choice for a child or adult who is learning to draw. Here’s why: IMAGINATION.

When you’re studying art, a lot of the technical stuff is a bit dry. It’s necessary, and you can’t skip it, but it doesn’t exactly get the creative juices flowing. So if
There was so much more in this book than I was expecting!
The very beginning inspires anyone to draw a fairy,with words and examples. Hold your tiara for a few bad puns and one liners!
I appreciated all the extras about why a certain expression or turn of the mouth or wings would get the response it does and set the tone. This is a totally non-intimidating book.

As we go further into action scenes and dwellings, the drawing is more involved but the whimsical tone keeps reading it enjoyable, even
Misty
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Doodletopia Fairies: Draw, Design, and Color Your Own Super-Magical and Beautiful Fairies is a book that teaches the reader how to draw all sorts of different Fairies. The fact that there were so many different ones was something that I thought was a big plus. However the downside is that this book is meant for someone with a bit of drawing experience and as a novice with no experience the book was not quite simple enough for me. I would have prefered step by step bullet instructions instead of ...more
Amy
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you love Fairies this is the book for you!! Intended for drawing within the book, this is not one for the lending libraries, but really intended for a single reader. Easy to follow instructions, with step by step guide to recreate the drawings - both children and adults will find this book useful. Full color & lots of options to choose from, this would make a great gift for Christmas or birthdays!

Thanks to Blogging for Books & Watson-Guptill for the complimentary copy. This is my
Dalene
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drawing, fairies
I love it, the instructions are easy to read and the illustrations are great and very helpful. My seven year old grandson Gavin has been drawing fairies ever since I got the book in the mail. He loves it and it easy for him to follow, so it is very good for children who want to learn how to draw as well as adults. Each chapter gives you something new to learn and add to your pictures. Chapter one starts with heads. I look forward to getting more books by Christopher Hart. Thank you Christopher ...more
CeeMarie
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Doodletopia series is so great! I have the other two in the series and this one just adds to the collection. If you love fairies and drawing/cartoons then this is a great book for you or anyone wanting to learn to draw fairies. It is a lot of fun and has a lot of fun activiities for anyone and even for the whole family. I highly recommend.
Edward Lorn
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All of the Christopher Hart books are good. My daughter owns nearly all of them now, and her artwork has improved drastically. In her words, "I'd buy this for anyone who wants to learn how to draw fairies." Highly recommended.
Colored Ink
joyce g
Nov 10, 2016
Briana Hodge
Nov 18, 2016

I started drawing character designs for a small animation studio in San Diego, California, when I was still in High School in Los Angeles. I used to drive 136 miles, each way, on the weekends, when I was 16, just for the opportunity to get paid to draw. Cartooning was a magical experience to me.

I graduated from