Start by marking “The Invisible (Ryan Kealey, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Invisible (Ryan Kealey, #3)

The Invisible

(Ryan Kealey #3)

With searing narrative twists, 'The Invisible' plunges us headlong into today's shadowy, fever-pitched battles between terrorism and intelligence, as a covert counterterrorism operative risks everything, including the woman he loves, to save the life of one person.
Published March 1st 2008 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about The Invisible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invisible

Start your review of The Invisible (Ryan Kealey, #3)
Steven Hildreth Jr.
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I remember reading the first two books in the Ryan Kealey series by Andrew Britton very distinctly. I'm not sure why I don't remember previously reading THE INVISIBLE, the first posthumous novel released after Britton's untimely passing. The second novel, THE ASSASSIN, ends on something of a soft cliffhanger, with Naomi Kharmai in recovery, Kealey determined to leave Agency life behind and care for Kharmai, and DDO John Harper about to be assassinated by an unknown daughter of Saddam Hussein.

THE
Elyse
Mar 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Overall, a smart and fun read. I especially liked the brief "aside" on page 90 (in the volume I read), where Britton is reflecting upon the complexity of emerging terrorist threats. Excellent point that terrorist organizations are adapting their funding, their recruiting, and their short-term cooperative attacks.

Compared with the previous book (which I haven't actually finished), there are still a dizzying number of characters and perspectives through/from which the story unfolds. Now that it's
Joel Williams
Aug 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
MAKE IT STOP!!!! Sometimes you try to listen to a book, and it's soooo bad that you keep telling yourself you must go write a review to save others the torture. The narrator, Mr. J. Charles, was bad enough - worst narrator ever for a terrorist thriller!!! Horrible portrayal of accents, of female characters, etc. and his voice is completely wrong for the main characters in the first place - but a thriller that is non-stop background narration/explanation?!? very poor use of dialogue and other tec ...more
Jerome
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
The main character, CIA operative Ryan Kealy is kept pretty busy during this novel as several hikers disappear in Pakistan's Hindu Kush and the secretary of state is kidnapped. Quite a compelling and ambitious plot, but, in all, this wasn't as great as I expected it to be. Then again, having never read Britton before this, I wasn't sure what to expect.

I enjoyed the plot, not really for its execution, but because of the idea behind it. Kidnapping a top US official isn't a new idea when it comes t
Jim Angstadt
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
The Invisible (Ryan Kealey #3)
Andrew Britton

This is my second Ryan Kealey novel; my first was #1. This is a small improvement over #1, in that the characters are a little less stereotyped and have a bit more emotional content. But basically, this is a fast-paced action story, with a written-for-TV feel.
Samuel
Jul 27, 2013 rated it liked it
ROCK BOTTOM

"Whatever may go wrong will go wrong."- Murphy's Law.

High value hostage taking. A mainstay of spy fiction since the days when leftist radicals in 1970's Germany and Italy were snatching Politicians and corporate executives for ransome and airtime. In the Post 9/11 Era, such a threat is still plausible but, with the updates in technology and money spent to train and deploy manpower, authors must be selective when finding a target. The head of state? They get the lions share of securi
Denise
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Numerous tourists have been going missing in Pakistan, presumably kidnapped with the involvement of a known terrorist. At the President's behest, Harper sets out to bring former CIA operative Ryan Kealey out of retirement to look into the case, manipulating him into agreeing by involving Naomi Kharmai, the former colleague Kealey had fallen in love with and almost lost. Their task gains a lot of urgency when the Secretary of State is kidnapped in Pakistan, likely by the same people behind the pr ...more
Herzog
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, mystery
Non-stop action here. This series is very similar to the Mitch Rapp series though Kealy is not as capable as Rapp. The personal twists and turns in this book add as much drama to the story as the main plot. This is page turning, entertaining stuff just a notch below the best of this genre.
Donald Peschken
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Secretary of State is kidnapped in Pakistan and held by terrorists. The President of the United States asks for Ryan Kealey to be brought in to find her. Britton's 3rd thriller is action packed right up to the final page. A very entertaining read.
Karen Matson
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent love the character
Judy Green
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
UNC++
Bryan
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strong ending. A good read.
Matthew
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, action, adventure
Pretty good & intriguing story but seemed to wrap up and end quickly. ...more
Hans
Oct 04, 2010 rated it liked it
2.5 stars Recording as 3 stars because Britton was such a nice guy that he dedicated this book to his grandmother. That's worth the bump to 3 stars above.

Actually was surprised with the plot change-ups that popped up throughout the novel, but I did find a lot of the writing covering the same details, over and over, repeating the same information. There is also something that pops up often: a character is covered in such detail in a short period of time that it is obvious that he or she will not
Vicki Elia
Dec 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Audiobook Review
Narrator: J. Charles

Every writer has an off-book. With all due respect to the memory of the late, great Andrew Britton, this one was a real looser. First, the writing: Ryan Kealey spends the majority of the story twisting in the wind over women, self-doubt, and emotional lone-wolf assaults on the enemy. If he was a true CIA asset working at the highest levels, he'd be tossed to the curb. There is little action in this book, only lonely hearts club.

The lengthy 15 hour audio tirad
Kenneth
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third book by Andrew Britton in this series. They are much in the Clancy, Flynn, Thor genre. Overall they are well written and worthy of the time. I'm concerned about continuing since I'm not sure about how much of each book was written by Britton before his untimely death after book 3.
Jackie
May 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a completely timely novel of political suspense--the female Secretary of State is abducted after a terrorist attack on her convoy in Pakistan. This is VERY realistically written by Britton, a former Army combat engineer who is currently pursuing a double major in economics and psychology. He paints an all too familiar and tense political picture from many angles, including inside
the minds of the players on both sides of the action. He walks a fine line between technical and personal whic
Dave
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Ryan Kealey series I have read. Good lightweight action thriller with the CIA, washington politics, muslim terrorists and a rule-breaking action star as the protagonist. Fun to read but somewhat of a guilty pleasure!I'm pleased there is none of the political speech-making that fills Brad Thor's similar books. Somewhat unnecessary need by the author to give brand names and model numbers of anything technical. I will certainly be reading the next book in the series so ...more
Mark
3rd in the series of poor "Joe Blitzflik-like" characteer Ryan Kealey...Kealey is dragged back into the "business" to rescue the Secretary of State from Pakistan... Kealy just can't catch a break in his life outside of the "business" as he faces more personal tragedy...well researched with a decent examination of the tensions of competing factions within Pakistan...solid delivery for the Late Andrew Britton...looking forward to the 4th in the series!!!
Lee
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Third Ryan Kealey book starts with a ramp up in intensity between Pakistan and India. The acting Secretary of State is in Pakistan attempting to pacify things when her motorcade is ambushed and she is kidnapped. Although out of the CIA Kealey is once again thrust into trying to save the Secretary of State’s life. With danger at every turn he must fight foes within and outside the agency to accomplish his mission. Another good effort from Britton.
Craig Leimkuehler
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
This was more or less a standard spy/thriller book. Once again a lone agent with minimal support must save the day. I thought some of the medical passages got a little bogged down.I understand that first two of books by author were better so I may go back and check them out later. Sadly he passed away at a very young age.
Kelley
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: intrigue
I enjoyed this installment of the Ryan Kealey series. It was a good read. As typically with Britton's books, there are a lot of details - some often unnecessary to the flow of the story. The book took unexpected turns - some of which I really didn't like but appreciate that they worked well with the story.
Stephanie
Mar 25, 2008 rated it did not like it
I wanted a thriller, something that would make me want to sit in my chair (or lie on my bed) and just keep reading until the book was gone.

this isn't it. Too formulaic. Too politically correct and rah-rah. Didn't care about any of the characters.
Jerry Pinkard
Feb 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
What a great read from such a young author. I was saddened to hear of his death, as I'm sure he would've continued to grow as a writer and storyteller, eventually earning a place right up there with the greats of the genre.
Skip
Feb 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Ryan Kealey is dragged back into rescuing the Secretary of State from Pakistan, during a period of rising tensions between Pakistan and India, by his conniving boss, Jonathan Harper (using his "girlfriend" Naomi, who had developed a chemical dependency to deal with her emotional trauma.)
Kathryn
Apr 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
This was my least favorite of his 3 books and I'm really not sure why. I think it mostly the way the characters developed/didn't develop in this one.

I found myself skimming more than reading during parts of the book.
VL
Jul 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Andrew Britton continues to use his rogue operative to excite and surprise readers in this third installment in the Ryan Kealey series. This book moves along much faster than the second did and keeps you entertained the entire time. A wonderful addition to the series.
Glenn O'Bannon
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Fairly boring. Terrible reader.

I didn't really care that much what happened to the characters. The beginning shows a lot of promise but then the book bogs down with things that just seem to happen without that much importance. The middle is interminable.
Jul
May 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My brother got me into this series... I love a realistic thriller, but it's intense! Don't read before going to bed unless you want some seriously violent dreams!
Angela
Aug 05, 2008 rated it liked it
Not as good as The American, but I still liked the third book in the series.
http://www.healthdietalert.com/dermagen-iq-france/ 1 1 Nov 25, 2016 01:41AM

• The Ghost War (John Wells, #2)
  • The Secret Soldier  (John Wells, #5)
  • The Silent Man (John Wells, #3)
  • One Rough Man (Pike Logan, #1)
  • The Faithful Spy (John Wells, #1)
  • The Midnight House (John Wells, #4)
  • Twelve Days (John Wells, #9)
  • The Shadow Patrol (John Wells, #6)
  • The Wolves (John Wells, #10)
  • The Deceivers (John Wells, #12)
  • Foreign Influence (Scot Harvath, #9)
  • The Night Ranger (John Wells, #7)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp, #18)
  • Hunter Killer (Pike Logan #14)
  • The Prisoner (John Wells, #11)
  • Total Power (Mitch Rapp, #19)
  • Foreign Agent (Scot Harvath #15)
  • Act of War (Scot Harvath #13)
During his early childhood, Andrew Britton lived between England and Camlough, County Armagh, Northern Ireland, until the family emigrated to the United States in 1988 at age seven. Britton spent years in both Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Raleigh, North Carolina. After graduating from Leesville Road High School in Raleigh in 1999, Britton joined the U.S. Army as a combat engineer. He stayed in the ...more

Ryan Kealey (7 books)
  • The American (Ryan Kealey, #1)
  • The Assassin (Ryan Kealey, #2)
  • The Exile (Ryan Kealey, #4)
  • The Operative (Ryan Kealey, #5)
  • The Courier (Ryan Kealey, #6)
  • Threatcon Delta (Ryan Kealey, #7)

News & Interviews