Start by marking “Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland #1)” as Want to Read:
Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland #1)

Wildest Dreams

(Fantasyland #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  24,134 ratings  ·  1,982 reviews
Seoafin “Finnie” Wilde was taught by her parents that every breath was a treasure and to seek every adventure she could find. And she learns this lesson the hard way when they perish in a plane crash. But she never forgets and when she discovers there is a parallel universe where every person has a twin, she finds a witch who can send her there so she can have the adventur ...more
Published November 11th 2015 by Kristen Ashley (first published August 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wildest Dreams, please sign up.
Ⓐⓢⓗⓛⓔⓨ Maybe try Radiance by Grace Draven or The Bird and The Sword by Amy Harmon or Three Wishes by KA though those have tamer sexy times, but the love and…moreMaybe try Radiance by Grace Draven or The Bird and The Sword by Amy Harmon or Three Wishes by KA though those have tamer sexy times, but the love and fantasy aspect is spot on and beautiful.(less)
Theresa Culbertson Listening to the audiobook and Seoafin is pronounced as "See-o-a-fin" (long O, short A). Not sure about the other yet.

·  24,134 ratings  ·  1,982 reviews

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

BR with my peeps at: Buddies Books and Baubles

Specifically: Robin (Bridge Four) , Stephanie, and Chrissy. ALSO, it's all my fault. *preens*

SO. If we're Goodreads friends, you probably already know this (if we're not, you soon will): I LOVE Kristen Ashley.

LOVE her.

About three years ago I stumbled across one of her books on Amazon, one-clicked it, read it, and then . . . read every, single one of her other 40(ish) books, back-to-back. It took about a month, but I
Lauren (Shakespeare & Whisky)
This is actually a decent book if you don't mind causal homophobia and accidental sexism.

description

Personally, I fucking hated it.

description

Leaving aside the derivative, unoriginal title and world (Fantasyland are you fucking kidding me?), and the TSTL MC lets talk about the big elephant in the room.

Drakkar

The male love interest. He is a bossy, controlling asshole who constantly pins the MC down and won't let her move, interrupts her and makes major life decisions on her behalf.

To the girls that think this is ho
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
I know you're judging me lol!

What the hell is wrong with this woman??? I really don't know lol!

DNF @ 25% No Rating

Once again, I don't like a book that everyone else loves. I feel so inadequate. It's really a matter of personal preference. To be quite honest I'm full of shit, I don't like certain characteristics in the books I read.

In this book there were two:
1. Information overload, I don't want to know what colour the dot on the carpet is. I don't want to know what the heroine made for supper a
Bibi
Sep 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ Chapter 10

I skimmed, I skipped, I jumped.
Imagine my surprise when after the skims-skips-jumps, I saw "Chapter 10". What? That's it? Ho boy!

I freaking lost it.
Awesome, it wasn't.

Really, it was really not cool. Freaking un-awesome/un-cool/un-whatever.

Chapter 10 of 32?
And then, I said, "Bibi, you must not do a DNF"
And I said, "Bibi, what will people think? And what about Finnie's clothes? The ice-blue gown with the bell sleeves? Then, the cloak- picked for its warmness(?)- and all the plati
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 Ho Boy stars

“She waits for me at windows and buys me dragons. There are reasons we walk this earth, I’m coming to realize mine.”

Wow. I mean, wow. I did not expect this book to be as wonderful as it is. I love Kristen Ashley. I know that 99% of the time I can read one of her books and love it. Admitting that, I can now say I was extremely skeptical that KA, queen of contemporary romance, could pull off a fantasy book.

So I need to go and eat myself some humble pie. Because this shit was
Candace
Every once in awhile, I crave a story with an over-the-top Alpha and a sassy heroine. I know that I can always count on Kristen Ashley to deliver when I'm in a "caveman" sort of mood. Her heroes are always uber-masculine and about as far from metrosexual as you can get. Though what they lack in sensitivity, they make up for in pure, primal sex appeal.

True to form, 'Wildest Dreams' did not disappoint on any of those fronts. In fact, travelling to this alternate universe felt much like travelling
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ by: Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
I just don't think Kristen Ashley and I are going to get along.

I nearly rage quit this book three times. I will try not to use all caps in this review, but I make no promises.

Spoilers abound. I'm not tagging them, so read further at your own risk.

The first time I nearly quit this book was when Frey, our hero, straight out told his wife he was willing to cheat on her with his former lover. Oh! And when after saying this, she didn't respond to him being all handsy, he got upset about her DARING
Christy
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christy by: Anna
5 Wee One stars!

photo af73df30-583e-4d21-be08-293cb26c15b5_zps2ad04495.jpg

I’m not a huge fantasy reader. I don’t mind reading it every now and then, but it is not my genre of choice. Wildest Dreams makes me want to change that! I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one, but I loved this book! Oh Frey... he was just amazing!!! And Finnie was pretty great too!

Are you ready... to be transported to another world? A world where most everyone has a ‘twin’? Finnie is spending a lot of money to have a witch transport her to this world for a year. She will s
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Well, I drooled my way through all of Kristen Ashley's non-pnr/non-fantasy books and then, in dire need of a KA fix because no matter how fast the woman writes, it isn't fast enough, I decided to bite the bullet and give this series a try.

I am so glad I did.

If you have any doubts, if you find your ass planted firmly on the fence of indecision, stop. Just hop your ass down off that fence and read them. They're different than the non-pnr/non-fantasy books, that's true, but so, so good none-the-les
Norah Una Sumner
Sep 07, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who think that the name Finnie is better than Seoafin
HAHHAHA IT'S SO FUNNY TO HAVE A FEMALE PROTAGONIST WHO SPEAKS AND ACTS LIKE A TEN YEAR OLD HAHAHAH

The writing is weird. The characters are weird. The length of this book is weird as well, as it could've been 200 pages shorter. The whole atmosphere is weird as fuck. But... above all, the female protagonist, Finnie, is dumb as hell. I have no words that would describe how I've felt while I read her silly conversations. Every little thing she does is described to the smallest details. Who the fu
Stacey is Sassy
IT’S FRIDAY NIGHT…PARTY NIGHT!!!

I don’t know what I’m more excited about…finishing and LOVING Wildest Dreams or starting The Golden Dynasty. They’re both awesome but doing them one straight after the other WITH a glass of champers in my hand and it’s FRIDAY makes it monumentally AWESOMER!!

Now, before I go on with this review, it’s going to be extremely spoilerish because I feel the need…the need to dish.

(If you don’t want to read this spoilerish review, exit stage right)

OMG!!

I think I need my h
Blacky *Romance Addict*
I. Am. Addicted. And I don't want to be cured XD I don't think I'll be able to stop myself untill I read every single one of KA's books :) This one was a delight! I loved the way it got straight to the point even in the first chapter, she goes to the alternate universe and finds herself in a biiiig mess XD and it just keeps getting bigger :) Loved Frey (beautiful name <3 ), the story was never boring, always something going on, and that something was always great XD A big recomendation even f ...more
Aestas Book Blog
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elves and dragons and hot guys, OH MY!!

Well we all know that KA is the one of the queens of contemporary romance books, but it turns out she’s just the queen of romance books in general cuz her fantasy book was pretty freaking awesome too!

It was fun, adventurous and romantic . Filled with palaces, balls, adventures, sea voyages… thrones to be won, assassination attempts, betrayals, political plots, battles, kidnappings, executions, oh, and did I mention romance? Much swoony romance!

There is
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Wow, I didn’t know what I was getting into when I saw the audible deal of 2 books with 1 credit. Wildest Dreams and book 2 were an option so I quickly grabbed both books. For me, Kristen Ashley, books are so long that I prefer to listen to them and this book was no exception.

WILDEST DREAMS is GOT meets Parent Trap!

Actually, I could also throw in Outlander with the whole parallel universe thing happening. While I’m at it I could even say it had the feel of the Disney movie, Frozen, with all the
Penny
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

"You, everything about you is beyond my wildest dreams.”

Such a beautifully fantastical story. Loved it.

I can't wait to keep reading this series!

The Winter Wonderland of Lunwyn

Dragons
Dragons

This was great.
Jennifer Kyle
”This adventure was totally worth a million dollars. Totally.”

description

Kristen Ashley delivered the story of modern day Finnie who pays one million dollars to go to another world (where we all have a twin) to spend time with her deceased parents, whom she misses greatly.

”Although the twin will look like the other, sound like the other, they are not the other but two separate beings.”

Her "twin" agrees to the switch and she is in fact a princess and once the transformation takes place it seems the pri
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I went into Wildest Dream with low expectations. Kristen Ashley and Fantasy? A parallel universe which is inhabited by doppelgangers of most people in our world? I just didn't see it. Now imagine my surprise when this turned out to be a delightful, well-plotted and developed story with magic, dragons, elves and two wonderful main characters I fell in love with in the blink of an eye.

Rich, young, beautiful heiress loves adventure just as much as her late parents who died
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
OMG I LOVED IT <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 REVIEW TO COME TOMORROW!!

Robin (Bridge Four)
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Immortals After Dark, Lovers of Over the Top Alphas
On sale $0.99 as of 6/11/16 Here

Romantasy (Romance + Fantasy) at it's best.

Buddy reading with a few of my Buddies Books and Baubles friends.

I blameThank Jessica and along for the ride are also Stephanie and Chrissy

I have to pace myself with KA books because I really have a difficult time doing anything else once I start one. She takes things that should upset me and make me roll my eyes and instead I'm flipping pages wanting to find out what happens next and then when I'm done I go back and re
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
2.5 stars. Brain candy for alpha guy romance novel lovers, with a glossy veneer of fantasy. I have to admit that I read the Kindle sample and totally got sucked in, enough that I actually paid $4 for this book. But this one is best left to romance readers who like sexytimes with take-charge guys and don't mind much if they make a few serious douche moves.

Seoafin Wilde, who goes by Finnie, has deeply missed her parents since they died in a plane crash when she was a teen. When a witch finds Finni
Anna
Amazing !!!! Magical !!!! I absolutely loved every minute of this book !!! Did Frey just displace my number one KA alpha Hawk !???ummmm yesss !!!!! I loved him !!! I want to be his wee one❤❤❤❤❤❤

My Frey ~

My Finnie ~ his Little One

Onto the next book ❤❤❤❤ mind blowing review to come ❤❤❤❤
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
5 FREYTASTIC STARS

What a MAGICAL book. A lot of people don't think that they would enjoy a fantasy book, and therefore haven’t given this series a chance, but I think that you would be missing out if you skipped this fantastic book by Kristen Ashley. The world she has created is incredible and majestic. KA has taken a 21st century girl and thrown her in an incredible parallel universe that makes you think, “ WOW, Kristen Ashley's imagination is fan-freaking-tastic.” I mean, the fact that she c
Sara
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-romance

Finnie’s adventurous heart and deep love for her deceased parents bring her to Valentine’s doorstep. Valentine is a powerful, modern day witch from New Orleans who communes with people from parallel worlds. For a million dollars she offers Finnie the chance to travel to another dimension and switch places with her twin Sjofn. Finnie’s only thought is to reunite with her parents twins who are alive and well in this new world. She is so desperate to see them again, even if they won’t really be her
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
I absolutely loved the book !! Even before picking this book up I just knew ...another KA paranormal was definatly going to be a another ahmazing adventure ...!

“It was beyond anything I could have wished it to be. You are, my wee Finnie, beyond my wildest dreams.”

description

I loved the freshness of the characters...the twists in the plot...n even the rare simplicity and innocence tht KA's new female lead...Finnie...holds.

Yes there were a few slow parts....n yes they were DEFINATLY parts were I really Was
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
4.5 Dragon Stars

EVERYONE has been telling me to read this series. I’ll admit, I judged on the cover and storyline. It seems PRETTY out there, but Kristen Ashley usually wins with me so I went in.

I did the audio version of this book. I usually don’t like long audio books, this one was 18 hours, but I couldn’t “read” this book and I also needed an easy book to listen to while I work. I’m really glad I went with the audio version. I could pick it up whenever I needed to and I never felt lost. It to
Patrycja

Release Date: August 15th, 20122
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Wildest Dreams is like a book that was perfectly written for me. From perfectly well thought magical world to the intense, sensual love story with delicious alpha male, Kristen Ashley made me fall in love with her writing. It’s like my wildest book dream came true.

Kristen Ashley delivered exceptionally sexy, romantic fantasy
Dee Montoya
*****5+++Beyond My Wildest Dreams Stars*****

I was in total book heaven while reading this beautiful fairytale. The amazing setting, the romance, the magical characters, all of this and more had me completely enchanted from beginning to end. My God, is there anything Kristen Ashley can't write? The woman is pure genius in my eyes, I love her talent to transport me through her words into a land of sexy, masculine heroes and smart and sassy heroines. I simply can't get enough and will not stop , un
Stacie
**October 1, 2017**

Still love it. Fun times with the TPAM ladies. Happy reading!

**Audio read/listen July 30, 2016**

Still absolutely love this story. The narrator is good. Happy reading (listening)!!

** Re-read January 26, 2016**

Still one of my favorite books. This is the kind of story I truly LOVE to read. A story that takes you away to another world. I'm off to visit with Cora and Noctorno again. Happy reading!

** UPDATE JANUARY 26, 2015**

I still love this book. Finnie is the best. I love her ad
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
$0.99 on US Amazon - July 13, 2016 Totally worth it, in my view! A steal.

I love this series - one of my all-time favorite romance series. But you have to like MEGA-alphas (the ones who can be jerks, but end up falling head over heels and adoring the heroine). Smoking sex scenes. This one is an alternate reality mixed with a dash of fantasy story.

Original post:

I ended up reading book 2 in this series The Golden Dynasty before this somehow, but it didn't make much of a difference. They are able t
FMABookReviews
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to FMABookReviews by: Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 Fantastical Stars

❝You never have a choice but to live in the now. And this, my wee Finnie, this is where we will live. We will always live in our now.❞

If you follow me on social media, my blog or even Goodreads, then you know I have professed (many times) to not like PNR/fantasty. It has never been anything that caught my eye, interested me nor held my attention. I found I was always unable to suspend belief and let the story take over.

I have now read 38 Kristen Ashley books. It is clear
Is it a good book? 24 169 Sep 20, 2018 05:01AM
Turning Pages At ...: Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland #1) by Kirsten Ashley 51 21 Oct 04, 2017 07:16AM
Kristen Ashley Books 2 7 Aug 19, 2017 07:40AM
Kristen Ashley Ad...: Wildest Dreams (Book #1) (Spoilers Possible) 149 984 Nov 08, 2016 06:30AM