Start by marking “The Death of a Legend (Horseclans, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Death of a Legend (Horseclans, #8)

The Death of a Legend

(Horseclans #8)

OUT OF THE JAWS OF DESTRUCTION

When the Witchmen caused the earth to move and called forth the fires from the mountain's inner depths, the Moon Maidens, Ahrmehnee, and Thoheeks Bili's troops barely escaped with thier lives. Driven by the flames into territory said to be peopled by monstrous half-humnas, Bili was forced to choose between braving the dangers of nature gone mad or fighting t/>

Published November 1st 1981 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about The Death of a Legend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Death of a Legend

Start your review of The Death of a Legend (Horseclans, #8)
Ria
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bili is now dying and is journeying in his mind to over 70 years back to that time and how after he and his band joined Prince Byruhn and his crew of half man, half giants. Aid is given in the aftermath of the quake but is it free or does Byruhn want something off Bili in return...?
Tim Weakley
Nov 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I think this was the one that dealt with the death of Bili The Axe, but I'm going from memory of a series read decades ago. They are all more of a fantasy work than anything else. The stories fall into the ripping tales sort of genre, but I really enjoyed them at the time.
Jeff Cadoff
Oct 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Bili the Axe again. Can't get enough.
Ria
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel centres on Bili Morguhn and the events just after those related in "The savage mountains" the earthquake has hit and everyone was running for their lives...
Bili is now at the end of his days and is journeying back in his mind to over 70 years before to the time of that quake and how afterwards he and his band joined Prince Byruhn and his crew of half man, half giant.
Aid is given in the aftermath of the quake but is it freely given or does Byruhn want something off Bili in
Barksdale Hales
Good but not the best

This book is good but not the best in series. Needed more polishing and focus. Too many diversions just ads things are getting interesting story shifts to another point
Mohammad Ali Abedi
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
(There are 18 books, and I read until Book 10, Bili the Axe)

I read a bunch of these books, and eventually I got bored of it, but man, what a ride. The story is set in a post-apocalypse world. Everything has gone wrong, from nuclear warfare to plagues, so nothing remains from our time. This new world is run by barbarians and swords. In the new world, there are a few changes. Some clans have the ability to mindspeak to a few select animals, such as big cats (which are more like panthers), and
Eric Peterson
Jun 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'd like to give this 3.5 stars. The original parts are very good but too much is cut and paste from earlier books. This may not have been as much of a problem when you had a couple years between book releases and were reading them as they came out, but it's really irritating when you read them back to back going through the series.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Horseclans series is probably the best blend of fantasy and SiFi I have ever read. Pretty much something for everyone in these books. Great characters, epic storyline, fantastic writings. My highest recommendation
Steve
Horseclans
Matthew Custer
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
too much copied from previous books
Charles
Jul 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
My second favorite Horseclans book, although very very close to Bili the Axe. I loved it. This one kind of made me tear up a bit.
Fatbaldguy60
Oct 30, 2008 rated it liked it
The Bili books were not my favorites.
James
Jun 03, 2019
Jadawin71
Jun 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• William Shakespeare's Get Thee Back to the Future!
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Rise of the Free Fleet, #3)
  • The Recruitment (Rise of the Free Fleet, #1)
  • Towers of Heaven (Towers of Heaven, #1)
  • Onset: Stay of Execution
  • Onset: My Enemy's Enemy
  • Starbreak (Rise to Omniscience, #2)
  • Supermage (Rise to Omniscience, #1)
  • Initiate (Animus, #1)
  • From the Black (Rise of the Free Fleet, #4)
  • Coming Home (Rise of the Free Fleet, #2)
  • Cherry Blossom Girls International: (Book Seven)
  • Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera, #3)
  • Captain's Fury (Codex Alera, #4)
  • Academ's Fury (Codex Alera, #2)
  • The First Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #1)
  • The Tide: Dry Gallows (Tide Series Book 9)
  • Without Law 2 (Without Law #2)
Franklin Robert Adams (August 31, 1933 - January 4, 1990) was an American science fiction and fantasy writer, formerly a career soldier. He is best known for his "Horseclans" books. He wrote as Robert Adams, an abbreviated form of his full name.

Adams was an early pioneer of the post-holocaust novel. His Horseclans novels are precursors to many of today's attempts at this type of story, many of wh

Horseclans (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Coming of the Horseclans (Horseclans, #1)
  • Swords of the Horseclans (Horseclans, #2)
  • Revenge of the Horseclans (Horseclans, #3)
  • A Cat of Silvery Hue (Horseclans, #4)
  • The Savage Mountains (Horseclans, #5)
  • The Patrimony (Horseclans, #6)
  • Horseclans Odyssey (Horseclans, #7)
  • The Witch Goddess (Horseclans, #9)
  • Bili the Axe (Horseclans, #10)
  • Champion of the Last Battle (Horseclans, #11)