Start by marking “The Valentine (The Wedding Pact, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Valentine (The Wedding Pact, #2.5)

The Valentine

(The Wedding Pact #2.5)

*****A Short Story from the Wedding Pact series*****

Blair Hansen-Lowry never thought that marriage would be enough to ensure a happily ever after—her career as a divorce attorney made sure of that. But she never expected her old insecurities to resurface only a few short months after she and Garrett said “I do.” When Garrett receives an irresistible offer that could pull t
Published February 8th 2016 by DGS

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Valentine is book number four in The Wedding Pact series by Denise Grover Swank. This is a very short story checking in on Blair and Garrett to see how they are doing in married life on their first Valentine’s Day together. If you haven’t read book two of this series, The Player, then this one might not mean as much to you as it is a continuation of the characters featured in that book.

Blair and Garrett have been in wedded bliss. But being a divorce attorney and seeing people at their worse,
Jamie Davis
A Valentine’s Day to Remember

When Denise Grover Swank works on a secret project. you’re guaranteed a fantastic surprise. Who am I kidding, every single thing she writes is amazing!

This short story about Blair and Garrett’s first Valentine’s Day married is packed with emotion and promises of more to come. Seeds are planted for Melissa, Blair’s assistant, to have more going on than we’ve seen previously. Garrett’s sister, Kelsey, makes an appearance and drops a bombshell that’s sure to shake you u
Monique
Happy Valentine Everyone!

For those DGS readers and followers, she has given us a special treat of a Valentine's Day Short Story with the Wedding Pact group / series.

It deals with Blair and Garrett as they celebrate their first Valentines Day as a married couple. Not sure if he is on the right track, Garrett books a table at a swanking (yes, I did go there!) restaurant but Blair never likes Valentines Day, and she has organised a non day. Though nothing seems to go to plan for either one.

We get
Jo Ann Reinhold
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novella was part of the Wedding Pact series and gave us a glimpse into Blair and Garrett's life after the "I Do's" have been said. This short book is full of emotion and lets us glimpse into the fears and insecurities a lot of women face as we watch Blair examine hers as she begins to wonder if love is really enough.
You will love the emotional outcome as near tragedy makes Blair finally let down her defenses and grab hold of what she realizes is most important.

Lori Clark cook
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As someone who thoroughly enjoyed The Wedding Pact series, I was excited to get a chance to preview The Valentine. Denise did not disappoint. Blair and Garrett's story was my favorite of the three a d to get to see them again put a smile on my face. We got a glimpse into someone future story line possibilities, some emotions that were hard to express and an ending that had me on the edge of my chair for a second or two.
Noel Kennedy
Brandy Barber
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Poor Blair. I really feel she worked hard at bringing her walls down in this book. I was a bit worried at the beginning of the book that she was going back to the old Blair. Glad to see the friendships are holding up with the girls and what a surprise Megan! I think pregnancy is agreeing with her. Garrett rushing home to fix everything broke my heart a little bit. He sure does love Blair and we see that in this book. Kelsey's story is going to be quiet interesting. I think this will give Blair a ...more
Teresa Sambrook
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! First off, Have you read the Wedding Pact series??? It's three book about three friends who made a pact to get married before they turned 30. A fortune teller told it would happen, but all three of them wouldn't marry the person they were engaged too. Crazy right!?! That leads to three very funny light hearted romance novels called: The Substitute,The Player,and The Gambler. They are must reads.

Ok now this story! Blair, the star of book two "The Player". This is her after happi
Krystal Roe
Recommends it for: Anyone - the plot is universally appealing
Within a few short sentences I was right back reliving the magic of Blair and Garrett. There was so much poignancy, raw emotion, strength and passion in this short story. Denise pulled the covers back to give us peeks at plot lines essential to this and other stories that (I HOPE) will be forthcoming. There’s a point within this installment that I’m sure dug deep into the core of a very personal experience this author survived. The bravery she displays in allowing us to glimpse her reality is ve ...more
Michelle Stuck
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Although short, The Valentine is packed with emotion. I loved catching up on Blair and Garrett's relationship. Every installment of The Wedding Pact series is like revisiting old friends and meeting new ones. We get to hear about Megan and Libby, too! I hope to hear more about Garrett's sister, Kelsey, in future books. If you love The Wedding Pact, grab a cup of coffee or glass of wine and read The Valentine!
Jana Sulkowski
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short story, but as with all of hers, they are packed full of wonderful emotions. I adore this series and this one just added more passion and zest as the others. I can relate to some characters and I feel with them. I will openly admit I was in some good tears during this one. Denise is an amazing author if I've said it once I'll say it again and again.
Sinead
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The wedding pact series is one of my absolute favourites so this little surprise short story made my day! Especially because Blair is my favourite!
I could not put this lovely addition down, so much emotion packed into the little space. Now I am desperate for stories about Melissa & Kelsey!!

Thanks Denise & Jamie for letting us having an early peek. You're the best!
Mrs. O Living the Chaos
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Valentine was such a great treat from Denise Grover Swank! It was a quick read yet fast paced like the full length books. Visiting Blair, Garrett and a few other familiar characters reminded me how much I loved The Wedding Pact series. I thoroughly enjoyed this! Thank you Denise for this surprise short story and creating such wonderful stories!
Heather
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful short story focused around Blair and Garrett from the Wedding Pact series. Despite it's short length, it is still emotionally packed! I also loved learning more about Garrett's sister, Kelsey. This was such a fast, enjoyable read!
Kirsten
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I didn't love this novella. I do enjoyed the other novels in the series, but I felt like this read was a bit pointless. I understood Blairs unresolved issues but I think this could have been developed in a different way with more twists. I was left questioning the purpose of this novella.
Mona  Brown
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anti-Valentine's Day

This is a fast read. It's a quick story that shows Blair how much she really does love her husband. My only regret, that I don't get to see them tear apart the soon to be ex-boyfriend in court.
D. Rivera
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
great story. need more from these couples.
Pam
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Valentine is by Denise Grover Swank. It is the fourth book in the Wedding Pact series. This series centers around three young girls who at the age of nine made a pact that they would get married before they were thirty and they would be each other’s maids of honor. This was accompanied by a curse from a fortune teller that they would have a disaster at their wedding and not marry the groom they intended but would marry their true love instead. This had happened to the girls and all were happ ...more
Samantha Malstrom
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!! The Valentine is such an emotional novella! It focuses on Blair and Garrett and how Blair is adjusting to married life. I have to say, I really like that this is included in the series because it was evident that Blair was reluctant to start depending on others in The Player and although her character changed a lot in that book, you had to wonder if that new attitude stayed long term. It’s nice seeing how things are going a while after the wedding and where they stand. If you li ...more
SassyCat's Book Review
I love this!

I'm so anti-Valentine Day just like Blair, but many say its because I never had a special person for V-day. But really Blair's reasons are almost close to mine.

I know I probably need to read more of this series since I want to know what happens with Garrett's sister, I'll do some more investigation on that.

I think both Blair and Garrett knows they need to spend more quality time and really cherish one another. I know that with the job that Blair has and Garrett's, that it leads to
Kelsey Towbis
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thought this was a cute short story - because we'll, clearly I can't get enough of these characters. This was a nice continuation of the story and I'm looking forward to Kevin's continuation on of the series. Would have never thought when I read the first book (and realized it was a romance novel) I would have gotten this hooked! Enjoyable series with good character development - although always over the top!

Also - can we start a drinking game for every time the author uses the word "pooled"? 😂
Angela
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great follow up short story for Blair and Garrett. They both had a hard past and now they are celebrating their first Valentine's together. Blair is insecure about her relationship with Garrett and thinks that he will realize that this whole marriage thing was a big mistake. I was sad that it was a short read, but glad that we got more of these two.
Angela
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick but packs a punch

This short story paints a perfect scene for Blaire and Garrett. It's exactly what you would expect from the fiercely independent woman Blaire is. And of course things don't go her, or Garrett's way. But if two people are willing, there is always a way to work it out.
Good story!
Emily Martin
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Though Blair is a strong woman she still has her insecurities. She can't seem to think she's enough for her husband. This novella sheds some light on her marriage with Garrett. I love that Denise didn't end their story at the wedding. They are such strong personalities I'm glad we see more. Not as witty and funny as her other Wedding Pact books, but still an amazing book!
Samantha Whitley
I loved having a little bit more of Blair. This book really helps you see Blair and Garret as a real couple instead of just some characters in a book. You get to see that there are problems even after marriage, but love always prevails. I absolutely loved this series. I would love to have more and get to meet the babies that come from everyone.
Andrea Hastings
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was refreshing to see the realistic struggles of a newly married couple. I expected Blair and Garrett to have harder struggles in the beginning of their marriage. I think this short story accurately depicted their struggles and perspective change.
Kristi
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not enough for a book?

I appreciate the reason for this story but it seems too short to stand alone. Maybe it should have been an epilogue to the Blair book while leaving out any spoilers about the other characters.
Sheri
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Denise draws you in and paints a picture of characters you can't help but love. I love how Garrett looks out for his sister. The doubt that Garrett and Blair each feel draws the reader in, because its so human to feel those doubts. A great short story!
Tonya Turner
I didn't see the point

A cute story. However, I didn't see the point in the point in it. I guess the author felt she hadn't finished this couple duo story. Worth reading and only 99 cents.
Amy Jackson
Good read

Looking forward to the next installment. Easy to follow the characters from one part of the series to the next.
  • The Sweet Evil Complete Collection: Sweet Evil, Sweet Peril, Sweet Reckoning
  • Redemption (Aurelia, #3)
  • A Thief Before Christmas (Maids of Honor, #0.5)
  • The Goblin War
  • Gallagher Girls Boxed Set (Gallagher Girls, #1-3)
  • In Mozart's Shadow: His Sister's Story
  • The House of Djinn (Shabanu, #3)
  • The Twin's Daughter
  • Empire of Shadows (Bhinian Empire, #2)
  • Strings Attached  (The Unwanted Legacies, #1)
  • Let Me Love You (Spring Towers, #2)
  • Spies and Prejudice
  • Luna Azul
  • Diary of an Engaged Wedding Planner (Tales Behind the Veils, #3)
  • Set Me Free (Tomorrow Girls, #4)
  • Rapunzel Untangled
  • The Shamer's War (The Shamer Chronicles, #4)
  • Lights Out Lucy: Roller Derby 101 (Music City Rollers, #1)

The Wedding Pact (3 books)
  • The Substitute (The Wedding Pact, #1)
  • The Player (The Wedding Pact, #2)
  • The Gambler (The Wedding Pact, #3)