Start by marking “Zero Repeat Forever (The Nahx Invasions, #1)” as Want to Read:
Zero Repeat Forever (The Nahx Invasions, #1)

Zero Repeat Forever

(The Nahx Invasions #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,424 ratings  ·  440 reviews
He has no voice, or name, only a rank, Eighth. He doesnt know the details of the mission, only the directives that hum in his mind.

Dart the humans. Leave them where they fall.

His job is to protect his Offside. Let her do the shooting.

Until a human kills her

Sixteen year-old Raven is at summer camp when the terrifying armored Nahx invade, annihilating entire cities,
Published August 29th 2017 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Zero Repeat Forever, please sign up.
Gabrielle Prendergast Probably late 2018 or early 2019. I'm writing as fast as I can!

Edit: It's now scheduled for late 2019. Sorry!
Gabrielle Prendergast The cover was designed by Lizzy Bromley. She's designed many beautiful covers!

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Zero Repeat Forever (The Nahx Invasions, #1)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Oh! My! God!

I freaking loved this book! And I cried a little!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Candace Robinson
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one! I will warn you that the pace is a rather slow pace, and the book may not be for everyone because I am sure there will be complaints about some of the subjects within... BUT I don't care because it was so good. Eighth did get pretty emo at times, but I probably would too in his situation. The bond between Eighth and Raven wasn't always flowers and roses either which felt more real to me.

The one thing out of everything that I was like noooooooo was this line... "That's a
Carrie
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Raven, her boyfriend and his twin brother were sent away to a summer camp when the teens got into some trouble at home. While at camp however the attacks from those known as the Nahx began happening around the world. With little communication those at the camp chose to stay where they were and hope for rescue but that comes to an abrupt end when Raven's boyfriend is found with a Nahx dart in his back, it seems their safe haven is no longer safe.

Eighth has no voice and no name, only his rank to
Angelica
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who liked The 5th Wave and aliens in general
Recommended to Angelica by: Me, 'cause I'm awesome
Let me start off this review by telling you all a little fact about myself. I like to begin reading new books at midnight. I don't know why, but something about inconvenient hours of night makes me want to pick up a good story and start reading. So, it was at around midnight on a Saturday, well, technically Sunday, that I decided that I was going to read this book. I lied and said I would only read a few chapters, but we know that's never how it goes. So, someway, somehow, I ended up reading ...more
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Eighth has no voice or name, only an offside who it is his duty to protect. When a human kills her the directives that hum in his mind loose their power... Sixteen year-old Raven is away at court mandated summer camp where the outdoors life is meant to get her head on straight. Instead the armored Nahx invade and they are left with the instructions to "shelter in place." Everything changes when Raven's boyfriend is killed by a Nahx. Thrown
Suzanne
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I actually found the first half okay but the ending brought it from 3* to a 4* because it really left you determined to get your hands on book two! I love sci-fi so I ate this one up rather quickly. The plot is intriguing and the characters are okay but I do hope to connect more with them in book.
kath | novel + folk

"Dart the humans. Leave them where they fall."

I'm quite taken aback by how much I loved Zero Repeat Forever. It delivers everything one would hope for in a science fiction involving an alien invasion such as:

-aliens (of course)
-weird alien suits and weapons
-lots of frightening post-apocalyptic scenarios that make you ponder the fragility of the human race
-some spunky kids who are fighting terrible odds of survival but never quit trying

But what I didn't expect at all was the beauty I
Chelsies Crazy4Books
This was a thrilling alien invasion story with a diverse cast of characters. We get a gay couple and characters from different ethnic groups. The mysterious aliens were very captivating and I loved how they used sign language to communicate. The pace was slower than I usually like, but I didnt mind too much since it worked for the story. The way the story and the characters were written made this crazy alien story feel more real. The grief and hope gave it a lot of depth and the whole wilderness ...more
Justine
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good. I picked this up because it was on Alex Brown's best YA SFF list for 2017 over at Tor.com and it was one of a few on there I hadn't yet read. Also the author is Canadian:)

This alien invasion book focuses on character development and lots of inner dialogue about emotion rather than action scenes, so if that's your thing, you might enjoy it. The ending was great, and has me looking forward to the sequel.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I hate when I'm reading a book, thinking it's a stand-alone, only to discover that is definitively not. What I don't hate, though, is this book. It was a lot of things I wasn't expecting: the beginning of a series and a contemporary sci-fi novel set in real world Canada. For some reason, I was envisioning a futuristic world being invaded by alien forces, not present-day. But it so works. If I'm being honest, maybe even better than The 5th Wave, especially after that mind-fuck of a final book. ...more
Chelsea
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this.

I think saying this is The Fifth Wave meets Beauty and the Beast is a fair comparison but this book is also so much more. This is Poes The Raven, Life As We Knew It, The Lord of the Flies...

This is a story about an alien invasion that follows a bad ass chick who is trying to survive with others as they figure out what is happening around the world. It also follows one of the aliens who is defective and is experiencing emotions and confusion. The pacing is slow as we learn about the
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)

The world is gone. It was taken from us, the way a massive heart attack takes a life. Swiftly, ruthlessly, almost as though there is nothing personal about it.

HOLY. SHIT. YOU GUYS. There are not enough words to properly describe how much I LOVED this book! And the more time that passes, the more I love it. I can't get it out of my head. I thought about it all day the following day after I finished it. I just can't stop thinking about it! It's really gotten under my skin in a way that not many
Lilly (Lair Of Books)
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
NEVER have I been this happy to have stuck by a book til the very end! This book did such a 360 & now I'm left NEEDING BOOK 2!!!!! Review to come shortly, thoughts I have a plenty! ;)

(Blog link is in the bio)

UPDATED FULL REVIEW: 4.5 STARS!!!!
Full review can also be found on Lair Of Books: https://lairofbooksblog.wordpress.com...

PLOT

Zero Repeat Forever is THE book that demanded patience of me in return for a nice pay-off. Slow paced yet instantly addictive, I couldnt quit this book. The
Hollis
"There is no age of majority after an apocalypse."

The pitch for ZERO REPEAT FOREVER is basically THE FIFTH WAVE meets BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. This is pretty damn accurate so I should be over the moon, right? Wellllll.

His bluster gives me a strong next-to-die vibe, like he's that guy in the movie who has to fly one last mission, or retires the next day. I wish I weren't sitting right across from him, in range of any potential blood splatter or flying organs.

Even though things aren't the same, the
Christina (christinareads_)
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review also on Christina Reads and Blogs

Rating: 4.5 stars

I had a hard time getting into Zero Repeat Forever initially. It's slow paced in the beginning, but once it picks up, I couldn't put it down. It's definitely more character driven than plot driven, but once the characters find their motivation or destination, the action picks up a lot more. If you're having the same trouble I was starting this book, do not stop reading it. You will be so happy you kept with it!

The characters! Raven and
Jenn
If someone would have told me that by the end of this book I would have been crying over an alien, I would have said 'y'all trippin'. But there I was, my eyes tearing over. Gabrielle Prendergast, hats off to you my dear.

This book follows the POV's of two individuals. First we have our human counterpart, Raven, who while at training to be a summer camp adviser, finds herself trying to survive an alien invasion with only a few other humans with her. Then we have Eighth, the alien, or Nahx as
Dania
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5

Oh.Dear.God. This was a constant whirlwind of emotions! I stared at the last page for a good five minutes after finishing it. If this does not qualify as a book hangover then I don't know what it does.

It was absolutely incredible. The writing was superb, captivating, and surprisingly addictive. I read this 500-page bad boy in a day.

A post apocalyptic/alien invasion tale narrated from two different POV -- Eighth's (Alien) and Raven's (Human). The story kickstarts right after an alien
Yusra  ✨
writing a review for this because I just changed my rating to 2.5 stars.
zero repeat forever failed to make me feel any ways. trying to make me feel bad for a lost love interest that turns out to be a whole asshole? good luck.
the main character was more of like... a piper maclean from HoO? we hear of her being mixed/with a crazy Afro & I just imagined her as Belle bc thats how useless she turned out to be.
beauty and the beast is my fav , I love it to death; but August was a weird alien
Nadine
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zero Repeat Forever is the Canadian version of The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Both are stories of an alien invasion that feature a young woman as she navigates the new world and eventually closely interacts with an alien. The difference between the two stories, and what I think makes Zero Repeat Forever stand ahead of The 5th Wave, is a mixed race (black/white) protagonist and the writing style.

The main character, Raven, is a mixed race young woman with a troubled past looking to redeem herself.
Brenda Waworga
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 stars but i rounded it to 5 here

Oh my heart I dont know how I will survive until book 2 come out because I will keep thinking about this book and story everyday of my life and I just want it to end happily ever after and my ship sail smoothly but I know it will be just a wishful thinking but anything can happen in a book right? right.. sigh.. so many feels ughhh thats how good this book is for me LOL

This book probably sounds like The 5th Wave but its actually completely different story
This
Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫
4.5 I-am-tempted-to-give-this-5-stars-but-it-started-out-so-slow-I-just-can't!! ;P So I just finished this book and....WOW. I'm a hot mess of 'when-is-the-next-book-coming-out' emotions?!

For whatever reason, I have been very into space/sci-fi/dystopian YA books lately. I liked the synopsis of Zero Repeat Forever right off the bat and thought it sounded a little Romeo and Juliet meets Lunar Chronicles maybe?? It wasn't that at all. However, it is for sure my favorite trope, which is hate to love
Ashlee » Library In The Country
It started off a little slow, but really took off near the halfway point. Perfect for fans of Partials!
☆Stephanie☆
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hey all you!

I am so happy to see the response from the post about Megan. I wanted to leave all your comments there and untouched because the post isn't about me, it's about Megan and how wonderful she was. So thank you all for the outpouring of love. I hope she knew we all loved her so much.

It's a new month, and according to the lying calendar, it's supposed to be Spring. I got snow last night, and IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING. But what can ya do?

I have been on a huge Backlist reading kick. But I
Adele
Thank you to Simon & Schuster Canada, via Netgalley for allowing me to read and review this book in exchange for an honest review.

Before I get into the review, can we just sit and appreciate the beauty that is the Zero Repeat Forevers cover? Its beautiful and I love it. I loved the cover before I read the book, and now that Ive finished the book, there is so much significance in the artwork. Even the lettering. THE COVER IS BRILLIANT.

I was initially drawn into Zero Repeat Forever by the
Erika
This review and more can be found on Living for the Books

For some reason, alien books have never really been my thing. I think it's because whenever I read something involving aliens it's really weird. I didn't remember enjoying The 5th Wave, even though I never ended up finishing that series, so I was intrigued by the pitch that this is that meshed with Beauty and the Beast. I'm a sucker for fairy tale retellings and especially for that specific retelling, so I knew I had to give this book a
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
ARCimage
I love a good YA sci-fi every now and then and the title and cover completely drew me in when I spotted this on NetGalley. Unfortunately, like most other readers have pointed out, this reminded me a lot of the Fifth Wave, which I read not that long ago. The pace was very slow as well. Now, I dont always mind a slow book and I was intrigued enough to finish the novel, but it was beyond sloooow. Like "main characters don't meet until 50%" slow.

I found the world-building and character development
Delara
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm always on the lookout for smart, well written young adult science fiction and without a doubt Zero Repeat Forever fits into that category. In fact, it rather defied my expectations. I've been finding it hard to connect with books recently, taking a few days to get through the first 100 pages. For this read, 150 pages went by as if time didn't matter. Cue this reader devouring ZRF into the wee hours full of all the emotions. I could not put it down. This book, it had me.

Raven is not your
joey (thoughts and afterthoughts)
This book was pitched to me as 'CanLit re: Alberta' and 'aftermath of Alien invasion" and all I could think about was Canadian The 5th Wave.

...so I'm okay with:

Eighth = Silencer/Evan Walker
Raven = Corvus = Cassiopeia

lalalalala I am trash.
Christine Manzari
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay. Wow. That was a slow start but it was freaking amazing. I loved how August and a Raven learned to communicate. I loved the meaning of zero repeat forever. And Im so glad I have the next book because they ending was a cliffhanger! ...more
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
I had never heard of this book when I randomly picked it up at the bookstore. Didn't exactly know what to expect. It turned out an interesting read and a solid 4 stars - not mind blowing, but still pretty good and I'd recommend it and will probably read the sequel one day.

Zero Repeat Forever is your good, old, ya sci-fi enemies to lovers novel - with maybe one exception: it's more enemies to friends, and that was so refreshing and beautiful. It starts out with these...let's call them

• Shatter the Suns (Last Star Burning, #2)
  • Sanctuary (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Last Star Burning (Last Star Burning #1)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Beasts of the Frozen Sun (Frozen Sun Saga, #1)
  • Containment (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Songs from the Deep
  • This Mortal Coil (This Mortal Coil, #1)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • Warrior of the Wild
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
  • Sky Without Stars (System Divine, #1)
  • The Red Labyrinth
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • The Pretenders (The Similars, #2)
  • The Empress (The Diabolic, #2)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)

The Nahx Invasions (2 books)
  • Cold Falling White (The Nahx Invasions, #2)