Start by marking “Supernatural Childbirth: Experiencing the Promises of God Concerning Conception and Delivery” as Want to Read:

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  489 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Brand new
Published July 1st 1993 by Harrison House

Michelle Daniely
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
This book was a blessing to my husband and me. It encouraged me to spend even more time in the Bible renewing my mind with the Word concerning childbirth. The time in the Word coupled with the encouragement in this book, reminded me I have been redeemed from the curse of the law.
My first daughter was
Feb 27, 2009 rated it did not like it
My whole gripe with this book is that the entire premise is nonsensical. Since when does faith abandon reason? Genesis clearly states that one of the punishments for the fall was guaranteed pain in childbirth. In a pre-lapsarian world, childbirth would have been painless. Yes, I know that our faith in the (NT) promises of God give us victory in this life, but I don't believe that victory always comes without pain. Nor do I believe that God intended us to retrofit and isolate verses of personal e ...more
May 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
It just weirded me out too much. I had a hard time connecting. While I absolutely believe that God answers our prayers and gives us the desires of our hearts, and that miracles happen and we should always move forward through life in faith and focus that God is in control and means to bless us, I just can't connect beyond to the idea that any pain in childbirth is a result of fear and the devil, and that things like a C-section or asking for pain medication are not moving forward in faith that G ...more
Tara Dulin
Apr 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A must read for any woman interested in delivering their baby naturally -- no meds, no pain, no tearing -- i.e., supernaturally. I experienced supernatural childbirth twice. Both times were the most empowering experiences of my life! I cannot say enough good things about this book.

I would also recommend this book to anyone recovering from a miscarriage or struggling with infertility. The many prayers and scriptures compiled here will encourage you to press into the Lord and renew your faith.
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought this book was okay. I read it during my first pregnancy and was hoping to have a supernatural birth, but God had other plans. I had a natural birth at home during a span of 29 hours. It was painful, but after it was all said and done. I wouldn't have had my birth any other way. I felt like I grew stronger spiritually through the intense pain and now many of my fears in general are gone. I have nothing against praying for a supernatural birth, but please know that pain should not be fea ...more
Aug 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I could not have done without this book. It is a true jewel for all pregnant women. It builds your faith to an enormous level, and after reading it and praying about it, I truly had a supernatural childbirth. I pray that every woman that reads this had the same revelations that I had.
Dec 12, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who plan to have children one day
This book blessed me beyond words. I learned from this book it doesnt matter what you been told by doctors they dont have the last say my God does and he's the healer.
May 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I read this book some years ago and it changed my entire way of thinking about having children. It opened the scriptures to me in a new way. I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who wants to have children. I lost my first copy but plan to get another copy within the next few days to read again and again.
Jan 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
The whole book was based on a completely unbiblical principle. It twisted Scripture to fit its purposes. The whole thing was incredibly irritating and made me a bit sick at times. :(
I highly suggest not reading this book if you want accurate biblical theology.
Kimberly Crowe
May 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of my new favorites! A must read for anyone who is pregnant, planning on in future, or just to read for enjoyment. It will bring a whole new perspective to childbirth!
Regina Clark
Nov 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Great book for moms-to-be! I had a pretty smooth time of it with my first, thanks to the lessons learned.
Mary Thomas
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
After 1 awesome epidural and 1 epidural that left me with a splitting headache for days, I was looking for something different this pregnancy based on the Word of God. The best thing that this book has done for me has been that it has gotten me into the Word myself to search Scriptures for ones I want to meditate on in the days and weeks leading up to delivery. Like others have said, pain in childbirth doesn't necessarily mean a lack of faith. My goal for delivery (besides a healthy baby, of cou ...more
Amy Hopping
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
While this book contained some very good messages and ideas to ponder and pray about, too many of the messages in the book seem to say “this bad thing happened because you weren’t faithful enough”. I know that tragedies strike even very faithful and great people, and I know that “bad” things help us grow and learn and work to fulfill our entire potential. While prayer is helpful and should be a part of our daily lives, prayer does not replace medical assistance and it does not prevent all pain, ...more
Chad Miles
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
Why have a natural birth, when a supernatural one is available to you. Outlined in this book is everything you need to take God's word and apply it to getting pregnant and haven't a pain-free, very quick delivery of your baby. Great testimonies and great faith builder!
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I spoke to a friend about my fears of childbirth and she recommended I read SUPERNATURAL CHILDBIRTH by Jackie Mize

This book guided me into deliberate study of God's word about pregnancy, childbirth and delivery. I had it on Audible and the hard copy. I listened to it countless times.
Emma Oduro-Nyaning

Thank you for opening the eyes of my understanding
This book has given me hope and faith in the extent of Gods power in ALL areas of my life.
No restrictions on what He can do against a medical report
Emily Monroe
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A very inspirational but repetitive book about how faith in God can help with a pain-free delivery.
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it! A must read for anyone who wants kids!!
Mary Anne Brady
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I stumbled across this book, I didn't know how much my perspective would change and my faith would grow! I was so excited as I read through it the first time, and before we were even pregnant my husband and I began to pray and declare many of God's promises from the Bible outlined in this book. I was so glad to learn of the testimonies in this book and be reminded that God's way is always better than the world's way. I will gladly recommend this book to pregnant friends and family. Husbands ...more
Kj Brazelton
I Loved this Book!!

I am so ready and excited for our next birth. We haven't even confirmed a pregnancy test yet but we are planning out our Supernatural Birth ❤ after reading several negative reviews on this book, I must say that this book is definitely Not for everyone. If you don't believe in God or if you don't believe that Jesus took on our sickness, disease and pain (on the cross) so that we don't have to live under that curse .. Then you probably won't be able to tap into the very simple t
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This short powerful book has changed my life. Through simple, short, effective, powerful prayers she offers, I have taken authority over all kinds of medical issues. Don't limit yourself to thinking this is just about childbirth. The author's testimony is truly powerful but the prayers and the scriptures behind the prayers extend to all medical problems. I have testimony after testimony of healing in my body because of these short but potent biblical prayers. Edited to add that I have given MANY ...more
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. I highly recommend it to any woman even remotely curious about birthing without epidural, pain meds etc. I had five births with an epidural before reading this book. I believed I was a wimp and could never go without all the drugs. This book have me the confidence to continue with my conviction to go natural for my sixth. As a result I had no pain. I felt intense contractions but really truly experienced a very super natural childbirth with no pain. It was a miracle. Read this ...more
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
i love that this book is mostly her testimony. they talked about how they found what God's Word said, stood on it and obtain favorable results. it even talks about when their faith started to falter and how they overcame. i loved reading the testimonies in the back as well (though, i think those should have focused more on God and less on the authors pointing them to God). it's about faith and it's not hokey at all. i really enjoyed reading it.
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! The only thing I don't agree with is the tither rights. Very uplifting and encouraging going into labor. I didn't have a supernatural birth with my second with it being painless. I still got an epidural and was very upset to have to be induced because I was a week and two days overdue. My daughter wouldn't engage. However, she literally pushed her way out. I didn't push at all. She came out within a minute of the midwife telling me to push.
Jul 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-time-favs
Wow, I learned a ton from this book. Basically I would just say that if you are a Christian and you are pregnant it is a must read. It really gives a lot of strategy in dealing with fear and anxiety surrounding conception, pregnancy and delivery. I don't think it's the only book you should read to prepare for delivery because there is not very much practical advice given for that phase, aside from not getting into fear. But definitely a lot of insight on God's heart for "child bearing".
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
This was pretty good. I think, with anything, you take what you like and leave the rest. I loved her verses that affirmed our ability to conceive carry and birth a child without pain according to Gods Word. The concept of truly believing and praying for a pain free birth was a new idea for me. I'm nine months pregnant so I'll let you know how it goes :)
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very spiritually encouraging while trying to conceive

Great Christian book for women trying to conceive, or already pregnant. Good for father's-to-be also. All of the bible verses pertaining to conceiving, child birth, etc are all here. Very easy to read and reread to give yourself peace of mind, and learn to wholly trust in the Lord, and not have fear.
Lesley Gooden
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life Changing Information...

This book is information that every woman should be given as a wedding gift. Nobody ever told me that any of this was possible and even as a believer it's not intuitive. This book has revolutionized my thinking and completely changed my mind. I promise to update this review once I have my first Supernatural Childbirth experience!
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I believe the stories are true in this book, but at the same time I'm skeptical about the claims. I'm afraid this might fall into "name it and claim it" prosperity gospel theology. Still, I found many things I agree with and some basic principles I'll use to get through a natural childbirth.
Rachael Neagle
Jul 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Rachael by: Camille Farrow
I can't say enough about how much this book helped me. First, the prayers to believe for conception and then the scripture references and prayers that helped me believe for a healthy pregnancy. I recommend this book to anyone struggling to concieve and for reference throughout pregnancy.
  • Hints on Child Training: A Book That's Been Helping Parents Like Your...for More Than 100 Years
  • I Promise: How 5 Essential Commitments Determine the Destiny of Your Marriage
  • Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives
  • Successful Christian Parenting
  • Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way
  • The God Catchers: Experiencing the Manifest Presence of God
  • How Smart Is Your Baby?: Develop and Nurture Your Newborn's Full Potential
  • The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care
  • The Christian Parenting Handbook: 50 Heart-Based Strategies for All the Stages of Your Child's Life
  • Your One-Year-Old: The Fun-Loving, Fussy 12-To 24-Month-Old
  • The Strong-Willed Child: Birth Through Adolescence
  • Beyond Bath Time: Embracing Motherhood as a Sacred Role (True Woman)
  • The Treasury of David, Volumes #1-3(The Treasury of David #1-3)
  • Sparkling Gems from the Greek: 365 Greek Word Studies for Every Day of the Year to Sharpen Your Understanding of God's Word
  • Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God
  • Standing on the Promises

• Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
    $15.99 $2.99
  • Twilight of the Elites: America After Meritocracy
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Art of Living: The Classical Manual on Virtue, Happiness, and Effectiveness
    $10.49 $1.99
  • The Crosswicks Journals: A Circle of Quiet, The Summer of the Great-Grandmother, The Irrational Season, and Two-Part Invention
    $29.99 $3.99