Start by marking “Quickshot” as Want to Read:
Quickshot

Read Book

Quickshot

Sal, a legal carrier (just about) of whatever comes her way, puts her trust in just two things: her guns.

Keeping out from under Imperium eyes—especially those belonging to a certain Ehi Wahu—while making a living, and trying to keep a lover who can tolerate her twitchy trigger fingers, are the extent of her ambitions.

Then a kiss from a passing stranger, and a promise of t
Kindle Edition, First
Published March 31st 2016 by Pippa Jay

To ask other readers questions about Quickshot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quickshot

Start your review of Quickshot
Riley
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Quickshot is a great quick little story about a Sal, a freelance cargo hauler with a quick trigger finger who meets up with sexy Devin Kyle, a wanted man. A quick move puts Sal in Devin’s lap for a less-than-quick really hot kiss and the start of a beautiful relationship. Once Sal decides she wants Devin, she is quick to get them both naked.

Corny theme? With a title like Quickshot, what did you expect?

Just so you know, there is a lot more to it than a quick roll in the space ship. Oops, sorry.

Qu
Ana
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trr
QUICKSHOT is a very exciting and sexy adventure in space.

Sal is a very self-confident woman who doesn't trust in anyone but herself. She is impulsive and used to calling the shots, but things are about to change when a stranger on the run, with a tempting offer, forced her to trust someone other than herself.

It was a great story, full of action from beginning to end. There is no boring moment here. It was a very entertaining, fast paced, dangerous and extremely hot adventure.

Both characters are
Laurel
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

What an intriguing story! So many questions!

And this is what I like about Jay's shorter stories: it's often more about what's not said than what is. This one seriously set me to wondering if Devin's human at all, or a very cleverly-designed robot. And then one has to wonder why humans with cyborg enhancements are treated so harshly. WHY is Devin apparently on the run?

Quickshot is called that for many reasons, and I'm pretty sure
AnnaM
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quickshot by Pippa Jay is a fast, fun romp through space with hot, sexy highs and gritty, violent lows. Deep worldbuilding left me thirsty for more. The romance was realistic and a tantalizing start to what could become a passionate profoundly-loyal love.

This quick story boasts solid, fascinating characters and thrilling tech. I loved this story and would love to read more about these characters or this world. Very well done!
Tony
May 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: z-list
Sal and Devon are extremely interesting characters that I have so many questions about. This short gives you only an introduction to their world and I want more!!
Airwreckah
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
A solid short story with interesting characters. I would have loved to read the novel length version.
PGS
Aug 30, 2020
Melissa
May 09, 2016
Pippa Jay
Feb 06, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Corinne
Manuel
Nov 11, 2016
Melissa
Jun 06, 2017
Previously an Analytical Chemist & stay-at-home mum, Pippa Jay is now a Science Technician who writes scifi and supernatural stories to engage the emotions. Somewhere along the way a touch of romance crept into her work and refused to leave. In between torturing her plethora of characters, she spends the odd free moment looking after her chickens, creating cosplay for humans and dolls alike, and s ...more

News & Interviews