Start by marking “Falling With Style” as Want to Read:
Falling With Style

Falling With Style

But a few years, a fledgling business, and a couple of kids later, Steph and Lawrence learn that falling in love was the easy part and happily ever after isn’t for sissies. With life bea
Published 2016

To ask other readers questions about Falling With Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling With Style

1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Lawrence! I still love you and I’m pretty sure I fell even harder this time around!

“You are not seducing me in my office.”
“Why not?”
“I have things to do!” I sputtered.
“I know. Me.”

Falling with Style is a short (much too quick, in my opinion) story about Steph and Lawrence’s life since they have been married. We got to see the entire gang with Lissa and Ethan, and Ivy and Patrick, too! I absolutely adored the entire thing. It was over much too quickly, but it was oh, so good while it lasted.
Teri
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This is a companion novella to Swoon you should read that one first!

I absolutely LOVED this book holy cow! I just love the stories CM has to tell. I was very happy to get this novella because I enjoyed Swoon so much. I can't seem to get enough of these characters and was sad when I had gotten to the end I wanted it to keep going on and on.

Even though this is a novella CM was able to touch on all the feels. I can't
Lee
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
The best part of this book? It's life - not billionaires, not rock stars, not Hollywood starlets. It's marriage and parenthood and exhaustion and frustration. It's REAL love, with real world problems between characters who could be you or me or someone we know. If you want an honest look at what romance looks like after the newlywed stage, this is the perfect book!
dreamerinexile
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I Fell Hard But In Style 5 Gold Stars

*An ARC was provided for honest review for Wicked Women Book Blog*

It is official people, CM Foss is my current author crush. She has once again managed to make me fall in love with her writing. Falling With Style continues the love affair between Queenie and her Lawry as they embark on their happy ever after journey.

I love how Ms. Foss portrays their life after marriage. It reminded me of how when the story ends we never get to see how the couples cope. Just
Unofficial Book Club
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Books revolving around what happens after the happy ending are rapidly become some of my favorites. I’ve come up with a couple of reasons why I’m enjoying these types of plotlines so much: 1) I’m at that stage in my life where that’s what I relate to most. 2) There is so much personal growth to be had as characters enter the trenches of marriage. And, in the case of Falling with Style, I will take advantage of any opportunity I can to experience just a little bit more of the story of some of my ...more
Amy
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The thing about romance novels that makes them so escapist and fun is that they end when everything is still wonderful and marvelous. In this novella, CM Foss shows you what happens when happily-ever-after begins.

This is a companion to Foss's Swoon, but, as the blurb says, can be read as a standalone. I had not read Swoon, and I was able to figure out who's who and what's happening just fine. I think, though, that the story would have resonated stronger if I'd read Swoon.

Clearly Lawry and Steph
Lorelle
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I loved reading this companion novella to Swoon and devoured it. I found myself smiling and chuckling at the dialog between the characters as I do with all books by CM Foss.

Falling With Style lets us catch up with Steph and Lawry from Swoon. It's 4 years down the road, and we get to see how their business is doing and meet their family. This novella gives a real glimpse into parenthood and the relationship struggles
Aaly
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
*** ARC kindly provided by the author for an honest review. ***

4.5 stars.

Lawry and Steph's journey got style ... And I loved it!
Review to come.
*************************************************

I knew when I met Lawry and Steph in Swoon, They would be one of my fave couples I met in a book. And then Falling With Style happens. And I freaking love them so much more. And I read this novella … Three times!

So how is married life for Lawry and Steph??? Happy, exhausting at times but so full of life a
Jordan Bates
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Falling with Style by CM Foss
Purchased: Received copy from Author in exchange for honest review
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Spoilers if you haven’t read Swoon!

What’s It All About:
“Lawrence and Steph Brooks spent years fighting their love, and then they fought their way back to each other. After earning their happy, swoon-worthy ending, they were intent on keeping it.

Denae Hegefeld
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-ebook
In Falling With Style we get to jump back into the characters lives, Steph and Lawrence, that we loved so much from Swoon. This book takes place 4 years down the road. They've been married for a while now. They have twin boys who run amuck constantly. Nothing is ever perfect. CM Foss' Falling With Style delivers a refreshingly true look at how life after marriage can be, and the struggles that can occur.

Steph and Lawrence were never your typical couple. In Swoon they fought, they had sex, they
Bff Book Blog
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-rated-reviews
"The Happily Ever After is never the end, it's just the beginning." This is a quote from CM Foss about the premise behind Falling with Style, and I love this idea. The idea that the lives and loves of our favorite characters continue after we finish a books' final chapter. This novella is really a continuation of Lawrence and Steph's stories started in her previous books.

TRUE CONFESSION TIME...I haven't read Swoon or Shiver - YET! I prove the theory that this book can be read as a stand-alone a
Lara
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Swoon should be read before Flying With Style. This novella is a companion. This review contains spoilers if you haven't read Swoon.

C.M. Foss has a gift for taking every day life situations, challenges, and happy moments, and weaving them in to stories that capture your heart. I was a little hesitant to read Flying With Style because I more than got my closure and happy ending with Lawrence snd Steph in Swoon. I know Foss can bring the angst and heartache so it made me nervous what she may thro
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
Falling with Style is a companion book of Swoon, one of my favorite books from 2015. I was super excite to read a little bit more of Stephanie and Lawrence story. As a reader when I love the couple, I always want more, and this book was the perfect more.

Stephanie still love her, Love the way she blows her top...To funny, but she is still the same strong girl. Lawrence, still such a SWOONer.. I freaken love this man. He is the perfect second half to Stephanie. I loved how their relationship conti
Tiffany
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books

Oh Lawrence! I still love you and I’m pretty sure I fell even harder this time around!

“You are not seducing me in my office?”
“Why not?”
“I have things to do!” I sputtered.
“I know. Me.”

Falling with Style is a short (much too quick in my opinion) story about Steph & Lawrence’s life since they have been married. We got to see the entire gang with Lissa & Ethan and Ivy & Patrick too! I absolutely adored the entire thing. It was over much too quickly, bu
Sarah Queen
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
***Received on behalf of Amo’s Book Corner ***

I was lucky enough to read Swoon and then jump into this book straight after!

I love Lawrence and Steph, and this author shows the real struggles juggling work and marriage and kids. Just trying to get a few hours to yourself is a struggle all in itself….

“It’s not flying, it’s falling with style.”

I’ll be honest I didn’t really connect with Steph in Swoon, she was whiny and argumentative but she more than redeemed herself in Falling with Style. She’d m
Carol Seymour
I received this book as an ARC but I had every intention of buying it. I am a firm believer in CM Foss' happily ever after doesn't end with marriage but that it is only the beginning. I felt that CM Foss wrote this book with my family in mind, that she wrote it just for me! I totally agree with CM Foss' point that as a couple, you have to take time out for yourselves. I don't know how we made it but my husband and I just took our first alone vacation in 27 years. All too quickly your lives revol ...more
Stephanie
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just because we may not end up with the classic happily ever after that we believe we must have, does not mean that the life fate has destined us for can’t be its own brand of happily ever after. CM Foss knows this and it translates into her stories and characters. It is just one of the reasons I love her books so much. She creates worlds and characters with depth. It’s almost impossible not to fall in love with them and cheer them on as they strive to reach their brand of happily ever after. St ...more
J.S. Wood
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Falling with Style

Ugh, what can I say about this lovely novella? I typically hate novellas, they make me more sad than happy. And while I thought Swoon was an amazing book, this little ending may have been even better.

I loved it. It hit me with so many truths I didn't know what to do with myself. I loved that it wasn't all hearts and flowers but a healthy dose of realism with a side of hot Lawry.

Lawry and Steph are the realist fictional couple I've ever read about, and I love them.

CM is so fant
Maghan
Mar 29, 2016 added it
Have you wondered about the After of a "Happily Ever After"? Author C.M. Foss delivers that and more in Falling With Style, the continuation of characters Steph and Lawrence aka Lawry who were followed in Swoon. The couple have no shortage of love in their new lives as a married couple and parents of mischievous twin boys. Their small business, a hippotherapy program located on their own farm, is thriving. Then a bit of trouble breezes in. How the couple handle it shows how much strength and lov ...more
Caroline
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*recieved an ARC in exchange for honest review*

Oh dear lord, CM Foss can do no wrong. Not only did she bring the band back together, she took a slice of life that is normally forgotten about, overlooked, shoved to the secret guilty side and illustrated with both humans (large & small) and animals (very large to very small) exactly how it's done--with style! And with honest humanity and humility and grace. Good god, no one NO ONE is perfect, we're all just failing & falling constantly...b
Shannon Ferguson
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good quick read. Lawrence and Steph are still finding their way through a new business, and having toddlers. I loved seeing them struggle like real people do (while fiction is fun, sometimes it's nice to see the heroine is a hot mess when waking up also ;) ) I loved how CM Foss added in the struggles of a wounded soldier coming home, and some of the harsh reality they face in their home life. Overall, the book was a great, fun read, and I would definitely recommend one clicking i ...more
Charlene
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Love that I got to keep swooning over Lawrence! This is a great story after the story, a look into the married life of Lawrence and Steph. It's not a fairy tale kind of marriage, it's a real life, messy, crazy, challenging, not perfect kind of marriage, and I loved that if felt so real. You probably don't have to read Swoon before this, but I don't know why you wouldn't...highly recommended that you get to know this couple from the beginning!
Kathy
I thought I loved Steph and Lawry in Swoon... but to read how their lives have carried on post-HEA is even better.

Even though these characters have settled into married life with children, and a crazy busy lifestyle, I still felt the push and pull between these characters. There is still a spark that got my heart pumping faster... and I loved every minute.

Run, don't walk, and get your one click finger ready for Falling With Style... it's definitely worth every penny. CM Foss is a master storytel
Beth Ann
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just when I think Lawry couldn't be any more swoon-worthy....

This might be considered a lil' novella, but it's a HUGE hit in my book!!! And Lawrence has made me swoon yet again. The reoccurring theme that kept replaying in my head was real... from the characters, to their struggles, their hopes and dreams...just, ....life! I felt like I was right there with Steph and Lawry, going through every emotion, struggle and triumph with them. I absolutely LOVED Falling With Style.
Cheers and smooches CM
Lindsey
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just freaking love Steph & Lawry! The charming and quirky couple that was introduced to us in SWOON is baacck! AND CM Foss did an AMAZING job reminding readers that life can get difficult but you should never loose sight on what REALLY truly matters. If you LOVED Swoon then you will LOVE Falling with Style, if you haven't read Swoon, you can still read Falling With Style but then do yourself a favor and go back and read Swoon;) BRAVO Saucy Fosse, you did good ;)
Misty
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know what I love? Getting a novella that you think you don't need to wrap up a story but then reading one and finding out that perhaps you did need it. Or at least hoped for it. Falling with Style is just that. Steph and Lawrence are easily my favorite characters by CM and this novella made me love them even more. Perfection. I don't want to give much away but if you haven't met these two you are missing out.
Melissa Parnell
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book definitely have style. It had moments for every emotion. It made you laugh and made you swoon. It is a great companion novella. It wrapped up the story perfectly. I absolutely loved it.
Brenda Thompson
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved visiting Steph & Lawry again.
TXBookLover
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet book. I really love that this book is about a married couple. Don't get me wrong I love the books about people falling in love, but I really love when there is a married couple. The is when the real story starts. Lawrence and Stephanie own a family business. There in the business of therapy horses. I have heard of this kind of therapy before and love what they accomplish. The couple are married and have four-year old twins. Lawrence is out of the military and is a huge supp ...more
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend

As always with this author I am left feeling fulfilled yet also wishing for more, these characters stay with me and I honestly could read about them grocery shopping and enjoy it !! I loved the crossover with City , I loved having Lissa and Ethan around and I loved seeing how far Steph and Lawrence had come after their struggles in Swoon. Having said that we are given a story that shows you the reality of marriage, work and kids. It isn't all happy and rainbows. It is work , stress , and so many