Start by marking “Steady as the Snow Falls” as Want to Read:
Steady as the Snow Falls

Steady as the Snow Falls

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  154 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
Hired by a stranger to write his life story, Beth Lambert arrives at a seemingly abandoned house in the hills near her hometown. She knows the rumors, she knows it is dangerous and unwise. But she needs the money. And she needs to prove that it isn’t a mistake to think she can make a career out of a dream.

Inside the house of emptiness and coldness, she finds a man with cur
Kindle Edition
Published April 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Steady as the Snow Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steady as the Snow Falls

Amanda
3 'I wish this is a happier read' stars

When I read the blurb, I thought this is another one of those Beauty & the Beast retelling. I'm such a sucker for that. But the hero, Harrison, is dealing with a whole different problem altogether and is not about his appearance.

Beth Lambert, live in the small town all her life and work as a barmaid. Recently broke up with her childhood sweetheart, she decided to pursue her long neglected writing career and took up the job as a biographer for their town
Wil Loves Books!
May 03, 2016 Wil Loves Books! rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle, favorites, arc
I finished reading this book a few days ago and since then I’ve been struggling to find words that could make this book justice. This book is simply beautiful, gorgeous even. Now this is my first Lindy Zart book, my blog partner Shannon is a huge fan so I decided to give it a try. I have to admit that I was a little hesitant because I’m normally too sarcastic and Miss Zart has a reputation for writing tear jerkers so I normally try to stay away, but this was so worth it. It definitely won’t be m ...more
Becky Rendon
Apr 23, 2016 Becky Rendon rated it it was amazing
Hold on a minute while I finish wiping the tears from my eyes... Ok, at least they aren't blocking my view of the screen while I type this.

I love this story. I love the hesitant fight to keep from feeling the pull. The resistance to need someone else pulls you into the story. Most of all, and probably the part that hits home most, two lost souls who feel they will never get to live their dreams. Their dreams had been taken and squashed by others but together they feel free. Its not hard to see h
Bianca
Apr 26, 2016 Bianca rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

How do I even begin to discuss this book?! The love is so deep. So profound. This story gave me life. It moved me. And seriously one of the most beautiful, loving, and thought provoking stories I’ve ever read.

“The truth was more likely to be whispered than shouted.”

Harrison Caldwell hires Beth Lambert to write his life story. Beth is a stranger and has no idea why she has been sought out to write this story, but she is excited to follow through
Kelly
May 15, 2016 Kelly added it
I can not rate this book. In all honesty I didnt even finish it. I was so excited to receive this Arc cause I thought it would be a spin on Beauty And The Beast and im a sucker for those. While reading I did get a sense of it but the author made the typical Beauty And The Beast story and made it her own. The story was well written but like I said I could not finish it. It took me over a week to get 39% in. I had two issues with the story. 1. It was written in third person which Im not a fan of a ...more
David Maher
May 15, 2016 David Maher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Steady as the Snow Falls by Lindy Zart is a beautiful, moving yet deeply challenging read.

It tells the story of Beth Lambert an aspiring author who, somewhat out of the blue, is offered an extremely enticing deal to write someone's story.

Putting her misgivings about the anonymity behind the offer, she sets out to meet this mysterious benefactor, who for whatever reason has contacted a virtual unknown and presented her with her life's dream all neat and tidy on a platter like Christmas dinner.

On
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
I received an eARC of the book via the author in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating 4.5 stars

This book fell in my lap when I was in the mood for a light (okay, a heavy!) emotional need and by the blurb of this books, this definitely fell in that category. So I settled down to read at 10 PM, figuring I could read a few pages and then continue the next morning!
(Like THAT plan has ever worked out!) and then I went headlong into this pretty amazing romance!
He was lovely, like the sharpes
Mybooklatte
Apr 28, 2016 Mybooklatte rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-author
5 HEART WARMING STARS!!!!

Steady As The Snow Falls by Lindy Zart is a beautiful story. It is emotionally gripping and will tug at your heart strings. I was in awe the whole time I read it and just couldn't put it down. This book gave me goosebumps and tears at the same time. It is so tender and heartfelt, it will warm your insides. I adore this author so much for writing this brilliant story, that had me thinking a lot about the book even after I finished it. Giving it 5 stars is just not eno
Kathy
Apr 08, 2016 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
Words.

I need to find my words.

When I first discovered Lindy Zart's writing, I was intrigued by her fresh voice and the genuine feel of her stories. What I love most about her style of writing is that she doesn't get pigeon-holed into a genre or story-formula. You can rest assured that when you pick up one of her novels that you are reading something different than you've read before... and it's going to be special.

Unlit Star was my introduction to her work... that's where I fell in love with he
Pam
Apr 25, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story! This is my first book by this Author and it definitely won't be my last! I fell in love with these characters and Harrison pretty much stole my heart towards the end of the book. I loved Beth's family and friends and absolutely loved hating her ex! Highly recommend this one!
Jen Andrews
Apr 09, 2016 Jen Andrews rated it it was amazing
Finally, a story that shows what true, selfless, and honest love is about.

After finishing Steady as the Snow Falls, once again, I am in complete awe of Lindy Zart’s writing. I have frequently referred to it as poetic. This still applies, but now, it’s something else… Something else entirely. This book is brilliant in the art of showing readers what it would truly feel like to live inside of a book.

Beth begins as a simple character who takes on a job and doesn’t quite know what to expect out of
Maria's Book Blog
Apr 17, 2016 Maria's Book Blog rated it liked it
Beth Lambert is commissioned by Harrison Caldwell, a man she originally believes to be an eccentric, old hermit, to write his life story. She soon realizes that while he’s definitely not old, he does have some eccentric tendencies, it’s not without reason though. He's turned himself into a recluse of his own accord, but at the same time because society has forced him to. Beth knows she has what it takes to get his story written, and show the world another side of Harrison Caldwell, while accompl ...more
Riley K.
Honestly this story of Beth and Harrison is a must read. It’s about being accepted and loved how you are. Both Beth and Harrison are beautifully flawed and have major obstacles to overcome. I fell in love with the characters. This normally happens when I read a book by Lindy Zart. She knows how to write characters that make you feel as if you are a part of their world.
To be brutally honest, this is by far one of my favorite stories by Lindy Zart. She tackles a sensitive issue and brings awarene
Megan
Feb 17, 2016 Megan rated it it was amazing
Raw. Beautiful. Powerful.
Sue M. Van
Apr 11, 2016 Sue M. Van rated it it was amazing
Lindy Zart has once again has gripped my heart and squeezed. I always trust that her books will bring joy to my heart and tears to my eyes. Steady as the Snow Falls is again stirring up feelings I only have while reading her books.

The great thing about this and most of Lindy's stories is her ability to make the reader feel all the emotions felt by the characters. Every line is so descriptive that the reader can't help but feel all the tears, joy, sadness, anger and a love.

I won't post anything
Theresa Smith
Jun 25, 2016 Theresa Smith rated it it was amazing
This was a heartfelt and relevant story, exploring a topic that is not often put into the spotlight in any book, much less a romance. From the perspective of Beth, a young woman trying hard to move on in her life and take back control of it, this story unfolds gently, and for this it is a winner. I read some criticisms of this book that stated it took too long for the romance to develop. I disagree. The timing was perfect. If you actually consider that the romance was not the point, but the resu ...more
Samantha
Apr 30, 2016 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, blogged
Steady as the Snow Falls was an incredible read for me. It was everything Zart, of course. It was beautifully written, poetic with a hypnotic rhythm. I melted into the words, surrounded by the snow, cold, and weariness. I stopped reading to get work done (what?!) and couldn't stop thinking about this book until I picked it up again. At night I'd fall asleep and be pulled into my own world, reminiscent of some of what the main character, Beth Lambert experienced with her past.

One character in thi
Rachel
Apr 28, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I wanted to read this thinking it was a Beauty and the Beast retelling. I'm sure a lot of people will think that by reading the synopsis and in a way it is. Beth is a big-hearted woman that wants to live her dreams and she falls in love with a man who spends his time locked away from the world because he of a condition.

We don't know what the condition is that Harrison has at first. It goes on and on for pages about this awful illness, but it doesn't say what it is right away. I was frustrated wi
The Book Bar
Apr 19, 2016 The Book Bar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: desiree
This review and more at The Book Bar.co

Rating: Top Shelf

Lindy Zart is a master of story telling and she can place you in the setting, side by side with the characters, as a silent observer. You’re not being told a story, you’re living it. Steady as the Snow Falls comes to life inside your imagination, but the happily ever after will rest in the heart of the reader. It’s poetic and romantic, frustrating and sad. Lindy Zart’s Steady As The Snow Falls is a powerful and emotional quest for warmth in
Denise Van plew
Apr 17, 2016 Denise Van plew rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading this author but it was not so much the author but what the book was about that drew me. I enter in with anticipation which sneaky author she is she snares you right away with the character Beth. It gets you to thinking also on would you be brave enough to take on a job such as this like she did? The area is picturesque with the house swallowing you in. Her employer is odd to say the least but intriguing all the same. Different is also what I would describe the story ...more
Nicole Sullivan
Apr 17, 2016 Nicole Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: soul-crushing
What an amazingly inspirational story. There is something simply cathartic while reading a story that Lindy Zart has brought to life. She makes you see all the color of the story. All the intensity of the characters. The purity. She breaks it down, sentence by sentence, word by word until all you see is the truth of the story. It's simply amazing.

Steady as the Snow Falls is about a woman named Beth, a man named Harrison and the bond they forge together. About hopes and dreams, even in the face
Headtripping Books
Apr 15, 2016 Headtripping Books rated it really liked it
I loved so much of this book. Beth Lambert had big dreams in a small town, she wanted to be a writer and when she was chosen to write the biography of a man out in the middle of nowhere near her home town she got her chance. Her family is incredible and supportive but her long time, on and off again boyfriend, was not so. They weren't together for a few reasons but his lack of support for her dream was the big reason for her to be done with him.
Harrison Caldwell had such a heartbreaking story. I
Lisa
Apr 11, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This is my first Lindy Zart book and it will definitely not be my last (I've already 1-clicked Unlit Star...).

Dreams had to be chased, or they were never caught.

This novel is what I love about reading. Lindy completely sucks you in with her words that touch your soul and open your eyes to the unexpected. The best moments in life are often in those unforeseen moments when you fall, completely, with your entire heart.

This book is about a journey. It's the journey into love in its most raw form. I
Nikki
Apr 28, 2016 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Steady as the snow falls- After finishing this book, I sit here blinking my eyes, trying to find words to even slightly compare to the beautiful symplicity of this story. I feel as though I just stepped out of an alternate reality. This book took me on a journey, a journey of determination, fear, and most of all love. It's almost like I just took a walk down an unlit path only to find a small sliver of light every step I took.

The selflessness Beth's character shouts is unbelieveably believable,
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡

Reading “Steady as the Snow Falls” by Lindy Zart actually showed me again that we readers are just like “the moth and the flame” – Or as I like to call myself – I am a glutton for punishment.

I read “Unlit Star” so I knew that this author has the ability to write beautiful deep stories that can really emotionally drain you. So yes I knew what I was getting myself into and still I could not stop myself.

But I have to say that I had to stop at times during reading – and I actually started a second b
NotYourMama'sRomance
Apr 11, 2016 NotYourMama'sRomance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
I'm having trouble putting my thoughts and feelings into words. This story is refreshingly unique, in a time when contemporary romance books have a lot of similarities. The plot is different, the emotions are raw, the characters are real, the story is intriguing, and the writing is flawless. Lindy Zart is one of the most talented and versatile writers in this genre. She tackles tough issues, and writes humor, darkness, and steamy sex scenes with the same level of ability for each. She is definit ...more
Lindy Lu Reviews
Apr 14, 2016 Lindy Lu Reviews rated it it was amazing
What happens when a recluse hires a writer to write his story? Something you wouldn't expect.

Harrison has shunned himself from society he has an incurable disease that has alienated him from people he once cared about. He hires a small town writer to write a book about his life. But that's when everything changes for him.

I loved this story! Lindy Zart happens to be one of my favorite authors and this was one of my favorites. Even though I love all her books ;) I love how she strived to break th
Jenny Kummerfeld
May 01, 2016 Jenny Kummerfeld rated it it was amazing
Wow...I have not been this captured by a book in a really long time. I started it this morning and now it's nighttime and I finished it. Literally couldn't put it down. Great characters, great writing...definitely one of my favorites.
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
This is the first book I have read from Lindy and it was fabulous!
It is the man, the man in seclusion. A man who was once huge, now shut off from the world.
Beth is searching. She is trying to find herself. Finally hired to fulfill her dream she gets more than she ever thought.
Harrison…such a hollow man dealing with more than a man should.

“I am much more than you see, they said. I am much more than you know. Dare to uncover all that I am.”

I wish I could have had just a little more drama and I
Louise Roach
Apr 18, 2016 Louise Roach rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! There was so much about it that I absolutely loved. It is a book written about a subject I have not read about before, which made it very unique and refreshing.

I have been looking forward to reading this book for some time, so the build up I had been giving it myself made me hope for good things. Right from reading the synopsis and seeing the cover when it was revealed I knew I wanted to read it. That cover is beautiful!

Beth Lambert is hired by a stranger to write his l
  • In the Wind
  • Nolan: Return to Signal Bend
  • Sometimes Moments (Sometimes Moments, #1)
  • Lessons of the Past
  • Wings Over Poppies (Over #2)
  • Cole (The Leaves, #2)
  • My Biggest Mistake
  • Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill, #3)
  • Epic (Fierce, #3)
  • Letters to Love
  • Soldier's Heart (Wounded Love #2)
  • Damage Me (Crystal Gulf, #2)
  • The Difference a Day Makes (Perfect, Indiana, #2)
  • Undiscovered (Treasure Hunter Security #1)
  • Kamu Sekuat Aku
  • Cup of Life (Everlast, #2.5)
  • Claiming His Secret Son (The Billionaires of Blackcastle #4)
  • You Don't Have to Be a Star / Once Upon a Cowboy (Montana Fire #0.5; Cowboy Fairytales #1)
Lindy Zart is a USA TODAY bestselling author that has been writing since she was a child. Luckily for readers, her writing has improved since then. She lives in Wisconsin with her husband, two sons, and one cat. Lindy loves hearing from people who enjoy her work. She also has a completely natural obsession with wine, coffee, peanut butter, bloody marys, and pizza.
More about Lindy Zart...

“Harrison turned her into music. And she wanted to dance within the song of his life. Feel him, kiss him, love him, burn with him, live in him. Be with him. “Stop,” 0 likes
“I’ll never stop writing your story, Harrison. I’ll write and write; until my fingers cramp up, and my heart overflows, and my mind goes numb, and I’ll still write. I’ll write you into every day of my life.” It was a promise. An oath, and a confession. He” 0 likes