Start by marking “Demonic Pact” as Want to Read:
Demonic Pact

Demonic Pact

(Angel of Death Series #2)

Sixteen-year-old Halfling Angel of Death Riley Scott is on a dangerous mission. To save her friend’s life, she must make a pact with the man who just tried to kill them both and break him out of the Celestial Prison, guarded by Angels of War—fearsome warriors who can squash her like a fly. If caught, she’ll be sentenced to eternity in that impenetrable prison. Riley will h ...more
Published March 2016 by Booktrope Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Demonic Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demonic Pact

Start your review of Demonic Pact
Sam
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 35%. Will try again when not reading as part of a challenge.

I received this eGalley in exchange for a review; thank you to the publisher and author.

I did not read the first book in this series, so I do not know these characters or their histories; honestly, I don't think it makes much of a difference, as the author does a good job of filling in the blanks and subtly catching readers up on what happened in the first installment.

The story concept is good, but the style isn't for me. I don
Jana
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

I received a free copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Demonic Pact, the sequel to The Soul Thief, picks up pretty much where the first book left off - it gives a little run down on what happened in the first book, which actually came in pretty handy as I had a proof of the first book as well and it had therefore been a while since I read this. Obviously I can't go into plot details since this is a sequel, but it continued to be an amazing story that kep
Sarah Fairbairn
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Prison breaks, murderous prophecies and catastrophic curses.

Angels, Witches and Demons, OH MY.

The Demonic Pact is the second book in The Angel of Death series, a YA urban fantasy/paranormal series following the life of Halfling Angel of Death, Riley Scott.

The 1st chapter gives a good sum up/refresher of the key points from the first book. The information is delivered quite well and doesn’t feel like an info dump, more like you’re having a conversation with Riley. It created a strong start to the
Nolene Driscoll
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley in return for an honest review.

This is the second in the series about a Halfling angel and starts off where book one finished.

It was a great read with lots of action, good cast of characters and the introduction of new characters with a few twists and turns. The style of writing is quick and light and keeps the reader focused and engaged with the story. It also keeps one guessing as not everyone is as good or evil as they seem and I am definitely loo
CrazyCat (Alex)
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
I start with the worst ting for me…..THE CLIFFHANGER in the end. That should be on the list of forbidden things to do to the readers. I have to know what happens next NOW.
So that said, Demonic Pact was an amazing read with a great plot a lot of action and enough twist and turns to keep me on edge throughout the book. The characters a very believable and the new ones introduced are very interesting. I definitely want to read book 3 in the series.
Kushnuma
I received a free e-book copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Demonic Pact is book 2 in the Angel of Death series.

This book follows on from book 1 and Riley attempts to get back her friends soul and go behind her friends. And she makes a new friend!

I really did enjoy reading this book and Riley's adventures, although I was expecting a bit more to happen. Not to mention that the cliffhanger made me want more!
Elizabeth St.
Nov 09, 2018
Majanka
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jason
Anastasia Antony
Aug 01, 2016
Ashley Artiaga
Aug 01, 2016
Author Majanka Verstraete has written more than twenty unique works of fiction. A native of Belgium, Majanka’s novels explore the true nature of monsters: the good, the bad, and just about every species in between. Her young adult books include the acclaimed Mirrorland (YA Dark Fantasy) and Angel of Death (YA Paranormal) series of novels.

Majanka is currently developing a new YA shifter series wit

Angel of Death Series (2 books)
  • The Soul Thief