Start by marking “The Hating Game” as Want to Read:

Nemesis (n.)
1) An opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome;
2) A person’s undoing;
3) Joshua Templeman.

Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman hate each other. Not dislike. Not begrudgingly tolerate. Hate. And they have no problem displaying their feelings through a series of ritualistic passive aggressive maneuvers as they sit across from each other, executive ass
Published August 9th 2016 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Hating Game, please sign up.

Farjana Why does it matter which city it's in ? Does it change the story ? Would you like to visit the city perhaps ? Sorry if I'm coming off as wrong, I'm…moreWhy does it matter which city it's in ? Does it change the story ? Would you like to visit the city perhaps ? Sorry if I'm coming off as wrong, I'm just curious as to why a city is important than the concept or story of this novel ??(less)
Azzah Hayat Yes, she is. It's called The Comfort Zone and it comes out some time next summer. :)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
5 Stars!!

description

I honestly think 'The Hating Game”' is that kind of book anyone would enjoy – wonderfully written is a very entertaining way, griping from the very beginning and perfect if you love enemies to lovers stories. I’ve read many books with this trope, so trust me when I say Sally Thorne’s debut novel was a great one. More than great actually. It was fabulous! It was fan, entertaining and so refreshing. Needless to say, I devoured this little gem from start to finish.

“I'm twenty-eight year
Wendy Darling
This is somehow a magical blend of adult Sarra Manning + Sarah Mayberry + Jennifer Crusie. It's funny and sharp and serious, with seething workplace rivalry and career drama coupled with crazy great chemistry and delicious banter. It also has unbelievably sweet and tender moments (view spoiler), though you'll easily laugh a minute after that! It captures that weird obsessive behavior you can't help when you first fall in love, ...more
Katerina
Sep 21, 2016 Katerina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming (adj.):
Causing pleasant feelings of happiness (and silly, stupid tears you can't stop).

By all means, it was not a sad book. On the contrary, The Hating Game was a funny, sweet, adorable, intoxicating office romance about two sworn enemies that fell in love. And I'm crying because it filled me with so much joy, and hope and love my body can barely contain!

“Both love and hate are mirror versions of the same game-and you have to win. Why? Your heart and your ego.”

Josh is Lucy's ne
Christy
5 stars!!!

photo 863DAA56-0A9A-40F1-A85F-570D12C930B7_zpsbjay11cd.png

What did I love about The Hating Game? Everything. I loved everything about this book. There is nothing better than finishing a book by an author you’ve never read and having this flying high feeling. I feel freaking giddy right now. I listened to the audio and I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I got asked why I was in such a good mood more than once over the few days I listened to it. That, my friends, is an epic book!

What do you do when you’re the nice girl at the office who
Navessa
Feb 10, 2017 Navessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Navessa by: Bonnie

"I wish I could use my thumbs to pull his mouth into a huge deranged grin. As the police drag me out in handcuffs I'll be screeching, Smile, goddamn you."

Imagine being so riled by someone that you end up thinking things like the above on a near-hourly basis. That is the kind of relationship the male and female lead in this book have with each other. They're the executive assistants to the joint heads of their company, and are forced to share cubicle space right outside their offices.

Which wo
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

"I want to know what's going on in your brain. I want to juice your head like a lemon."

➦This is Sally Thorne's debut novel and I have to say - job well done! I love romcoms and this one certainly hit the spot. A book about two co-workers battling it out in the office. You see, there is an opening for a job which they both want. Let the games begin.
"-What are you imagining? Your expression is filthy."

"-Stangling you. Bare hands."

Lucy is a sweetheart and a people pleaser. So why is it so
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 19, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 HR STARS

description

Lovers of the enemies to lover’s trope will inhale this well written love story. If you are back and forth due to the pricing of this story please note that it is worth the price tag and I don’t regret my purchase in the least. The story is 5 star quality for its chemistry, banter, and unique story line. I adored both characters and their fall but those games were such a good time over 5 stars for entertainment value.

description

When two companies merge mixing stuffy suit types with the creative
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

I didn't love this. No. I need a stronger word than love.
Obsessed? Infatuated? Giddy? Whatever, take your pick. But Oh My Joshua, I am crazy for everything about this book. The writing, the humor, the lust, the sexual tension, the emotion, the slow delicious burn. This is probably the best enemies to lovers stories I have ever read.

description

Lucy Hutton and Josh Templeman work together at Gamin Publishing and Bexley Books and they have hated each other from the moment they met. They spend their days tryi
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Okay, seriously . . .? This book was AMAZING. It's so hard to find a fun, clever contemporary romance that doesn't at least occasionally cross over into cornball territory.

Lucy was a tiny little spitfire, Josh was just damaged enough to be interesting without being angsty, and together they alternately hys-freaking-terical and so adorable I literally CANNOT EVEN.

Sally Thorne . . . I've got my eye on you, woman. *tips hat*

Full RTC.
Pearl Angeli
4 Stars!

What a perfect combination of cute and sexy. I kept seeing The Hating Game on my Twitter, Instagram, and Goodreads timeline and since it's been gathering high ratings, of course my curiosity was piqued.

Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman, both executive assistants to the co-owners of Bexley & Gamin, have always been at a clash with each other. They share an office room together but they don't get along well. When their respective bosses announced that one of them will be promoted as the
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

❝Hating someone feels disturbingly similar to being in love with them. I've had a lot of time to compare love and hate, and these are my observations.

Love and hate are visceral. Your stomach twists at the thought of that person. The heart in your chest beats heavy and bright, nearly visible through your flesh and clothes. Your appetite and sleep are schredded. Every interaction spikes your blood with adrenaline, and you're in the brink of fight or flight. Your body is barely under your control
emma
just reread this and i stand by this review.

especially the rapunzel gif.
------------------------------
Oh my gosh.

This book was a blast and a half. This is what I looked like when I was reading it:

Well, in my mind at least. In actuality I was reading it off my laptop at 2 a.m., eating cherry water ice and grinning like an idiot. The glow of my laptop screen probably made me look like a jack o’lantern. But I’d like to think I am sometimes at least almost as
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Reasons why I loved The Hating Game

1. Lucy Hutton
2. Josh Templeman
3. The banter
4. The chemistry
5. SLOW.BURN.
6. Matchbox cars
7. Smurfs
8. White, off-white stripe, cream, pale yellow, mustard, baby blue, robin's egg blue, dove-gray, navy, and black business shirts
9. CUDDLING
10. Hate to love

I devoured this book. Completely devoured it. I was looking for a slow-burn, hate to love office romance, and this was it. I am so happy right now, you guys. I'm literally grinning
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Imagine sitting across from your arch nemesis every single day. He stares at you. You stare at him. You hate everything about him. He is too dang perfect and has his shirts on rotational days. One day it's white shirt, then cream, then mustard yellow..and so on. Wait! Who wears mustard yellow? Joshua Templeman and the bad thing is..he makes it look good.
Lucy hates him. Her password on her computer is IHATEJOSHUA4EV@ and she lives to break him.

Beavis-Typing-Random-Characters-On-The-Computer-On-Mike-Judges-Beavis-and-Butt-Head60d7f.gif

Joshua feels like-wise about Lucy. She is messy, dre
Melanie
Jun 23, 2017 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melanie by: Paloma
“All I want to do is kiss you until I fall asleep. I want to slide in between your sheets, and find out what goes on inside your head, and underneath your clothes. I want to make a fool of myself over you.”

Oh my good dear sweet Lord, this book was absolutely heart warming. I was feeling a little under the weather and wanted something that would be cute, fluffy, and a fast read, so I picked this up completely underestimating how amazing it would be. This is honestly one of the best books I've
Samantha Young
Nov 09, 2016 Samantha Young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witty banter, phenomenal character development, slow-burn-holy-hot-chemistry, and just great writing. LOVED IT! One of my top reads of 2016!
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
I feel like I just played The Hating Game with The Hating Game.

Much like our two lovebirds, I started off loathing the story and nearly everything about it, but about halfway through, things started to... transition a little. Saying I loved it would be reaaally stretching it, but it sure did pick up in terms of getting me to swoon. (I mean, isn't that the one thing us romance junkies look for in the first place?)

Now, don't get me wrong— not for a second did we step out of Trope Nation here. Be i
Zain Otoom
Mar 18, 2017 Zain Otoom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Third time reread! Because I'm trash.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 7/16/17: Yep, I did just read this for the third time this year. That's how much I fucking love this story. Lucinda and Josh are just the cutest and this book slays me every time. Sa-woon.

Re-read 1/28/17: Yes, my re-read of this book happened only a few weeks after completing my original read because I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. This book is adorable and phenomenal. I will say however, this re-read was done mostly via audiobook and I will say I didn't enjoy it as much that way as I did
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Solid 3.5 "DIE-JOSHUA-DIE" stars.

If you are getting tired of me bitching about every single book, check out my buddy reader, Hayley's review. I promise you, she is a much nicer person than i am. :D

I got obsessed with the idea of this book as soon as i heard about this.I am a sucker for love-hate relationships or opposite attraction, and this promised both. However, it wasn't as great as i made it in my head to be, but it wasn't a bad book by any means. The Hating Game was a very cute, amusing l
Veronica PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Mist and Fury is an EROTICA/NEW ADULT but most booktubers won't tell you
3.5 stars! No slut shaming no cheating no womanizers!!

Henry Cavill as Joshua!

Note for Harper Collins and Children bloomsburry imprints:

New adult exists!

New adult is a genre!

Admit it!

Plenty of readers want to read New adult! Why do you keep pretending that New adult reads like A court of Mist and Fury and in this case The hating game are something that they aren't? Why do you mislead readers?

description

Readers like to read sex scenes and the readers who prefer clean reads should know what they're gettin
Mysza
Aug 16, 2016 Mysza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
It was perfect! I am so glad I picked this book. Sigh... There is nothing better than well done enemies/friends/lovers romance. And it's an office one to that. Oh, how I like those.

The banter was great, inner monologue hilarious, and all the games they played were darn cute.

“And if I were your boss, I’d work you so fucking hard. So fucking hard.”

Josh was just the perfect grumpy swoony hero ever. And Lucy with her quirky, witty personality fit him so well.

Though there was not much nookie her
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 14, 2016 Mandi Schreiner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
“Lucy,” is all he can seem to say. “Lucy. How am I going to walk away from tonight? Seriously. How?”

I get goosebumps. I’m wondering the same thing. I let my head drop to one side, and we kiss.

I’m hoarse and breathless. “I’m gonna die tonight. Please take your pants off.”

“I want that embroidered on a pillow.”

True story – earlier this week I reviewed the amazing Burn Down the Night by M. O’Keefe and I said it was my favorite book so far in 2016. The very next book I read happened to be The Hating
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Before I even begin, let me say one thing: SOMEONE BUY THE RIGHTS TO THIS IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE IT INTO A MOVIE! I swear to the good lort above it will be a blockbuster.

The Hating Game is about Lucy and Joshua (bonus points for having actual human names and proving right away this wasn’t going to be some kind of crappy angst-fest). When the publishing houses the two worked for were forced into merger it left not one but two CEOs, neith
Brittney ~ Her Bookish Things
*Full Review Update* 4.5 Stars - mostly because it had me so addicted and I couldn't put it down. Though- at times I wanted to lower it to 4 just because of some silly dumb stuff but screw it.. I had a lot of fun reading this one!

So I've never actually read just a purely romance based contemporary before. I decided to give this one a go mostly because it sounded like a cute Rom Com and I needed to give my brain a small break from fantasy. It definitely didn't disappoint.

Here's the thing though
Stephanie
Fun, hilarious, and lighthearted romantic read!

What a wonderful and quirky debut novel!!! If you don't believe me, look at the stats -- this book has been published in August and there are 10,000+ ratings and 2,000+ reviews (some very creative!)....

Lucy and Joshua work with each other. They sit in close proximity to each other. They hate each other. As such, they play games -- the HR game, the staring game.... Lucy uses some derivative of I hate Joshua forever as a password and expects that he d
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)

“You hate me so much, and I can’t take it much longer.” I’m pathetic. I hear it in my voice.
“Shortcake.”
“Stop calling me Shortcake.” I try to roll onto my side but he presses the heels of his palms lightly against my shoulders. I stop breathing.
“Watching you pretend to hate that nickname is the best part of my day.”

I think it’s been long enough-I am just sitting down, taking the time, and finally writing a review for one of my favorite contemporaries ever. You’ll rarely see me read a conte
Stacey is Sassy
the-hating-game-review

The Power of the Book Buzz

Holy Shamoly!! This book was awesome. The hype really is deserved when it comes to The Hating Game. The characters, the storyline, the sizzling tension and the banter makes this one of the best books of 2016. I even did one of those giddy sit up straight, clap my hands and look around for someone to smile at, goofy faces. Come on, don’t deny it you do something similar...don't you? I finished it ran to my computer and now I’m trying to be smart and witty at nearly 11:00
April (Aprilius Maximus)
SLJDHGBFSJGHSRBHLSR,GJNSFGLSNGLSJGNSKJ,FHBVND,XVN
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Aug 25, 2016 Arabella ~♡AB♡~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arabella ~♡AB♡~ by: Yasmin

Arrogant Hero - Yes
Redemption - Yes
Great Banter - Yes
Loveable Heroine - Yes

The Hating Game is about two people who are complete opposites - one bubbly and quirky heroine, and one grumpy and ornery hero. They work together as personal assistants to the head honchos in a publishing house and ever since the first day their two companies merged together as one, they have been at war.

"You've broken me down so completely, I can't
Around the Year i...: The Hating Game, by Sally Thorne 1 14 Jun 27, 2017 04:46PM