Start by marking “Suck Less: Where There's A Willam, There's A Way” as Want to Read:
Suck Less: Where There's A Willam, There's A Way

Suck Less: Where There's A Willam, There's A Way

The only lie told more often than "No, that looks totally cute on you" and "I got AIDS through oral" is "It gets better." Well, a lotta times it don't. Sometimes it just sucks less. But I promise you: where there's a Willam, there's a way.

But this isn't all about me (for once). It's about you and how you can SUCK LESS at a variety of things drag queens are so much better a
Published October 18th 2016 by Grand Central Publishing (first published October 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Suck Less, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suck Less

Brandon St Mark
This a fun and quick read. If you like RuPaul's Drag Race, drag queens, Willam, or all of the above or any combonation thereof, then you'll like this book. It has Willam's sense of humor (though it doesn't translate 100% just because it's in a text format), the pictures are either really stunning or really funny (or both). The genuine tips also seem like they could be really helpful (excet for the ones on skin care because I have amazing skin, but not everyone can be as fortune as I ;) ). Over a ...more
McKenzie Richardson

I received this book through Goodreads in exchange for an honest review. This was in no way a bad book. It was filled with hilarious/beautiful pictures, some good advice, and some pretty humorous jokes.The pictures are really helpful for the tutorials (makeup, hair) and also are beautiful/weird/fun/humorous/sexy to look at. Belli's style is very cool and the pictures really enhance the book. Having said that, there is nudity, so if that offends you, you may want to consider another book. Howeve
Anne
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it

Picked this up because I have to support my favorite Drag Race queen of all time, and also this election season has basically murdered my brain and mood and I needed an escape.

Gotta be honest -- if you've ever slipped into a YouTube k-hole and watched way too many of Willam's videos (me!), you've basically already read this book. There's nothing super new here, other than a few revealing glimpses into his personal life and marriage. You also kinda get the vibe that for whatever reason the editin
Isaiah
Feb 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
I am a huge fan of Willam. I understand her humor. I actively seek out her videos. I knew what I was getting into, but this was just bad. I know I am in the minority, but I didn't enjoy the book at all and it is a miracle that I made it through.

If you are looking for self-help, which this book says it can provide, look elsewhere. If you are looking for poop and dick jokes sprinkled with fatphobia, transphobia, and just generally awful attitude towards everyone that wasn't even remotely funny, t
Megan
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all: don't come here looking for RuPaul's Drag Race secrets. It's a comedy/advice book, not a tell-all. There is some shade and allusion to details, but nothing that will satisfy your hunger for backstage tea.

That aside, this book is dirty, funny and also strangely inspiring. Willam is a successful businesswo/man who knows the value of hard work and can also teach you how to hide a bottle in your wig.

I wasn't expecting this book to be so full of pictures, but I love looking at Willam
Bert Z
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Willam, you are one shady bitch!!

This book would have to be one of the most offensive, dirty, obscene and ridiculous I've ever read...and I loved every damn page of it! Do not even attempt to read this book if you don't get Willam's unique sense of humour, you'll be shocked and horrified at how real she keeps it. Knee slappingly funny!

It's like a John Waters movie in book form, only dirtier and more mean spirited. Pure filth of the highest calibre!
Greyson Richter | Use Your Words
If any of ya'll know me or have been paying attention to my gif use, I fucking love RuPaul's Drag Race. Granted I have problems with RuPaul himself, but I mostly watch it for the competitors anyway so whatever!

The year before last, I think, I listened to Grace Helbig's Podcast Not Too Deep and Willam was a guest on one of her episodes. I was laughing out loud the entire episode.
This was before I had started really watch Drag Race. I had seen a few episodes here and there but that was it. Then
Michelle (Sherbet Lemon)
It's brash and irreverent just like Willam herself! While I thought the bit on dieting might be problematic for some people who have eating disorders, I appreciated how open and honest, funny and what the hell am I actually reading on a page!?! this book was!
TRACE
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
i've graduated from the school of bitchcraft and wiggotry
Brian Hanes
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How carol got her shit together

10, 10, 10, TENS across the board. Amazing self help book, also a pretty good coloring book unless you have a kindle.
Fatine
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I appreciate any book that makes me go "I can't believe I just read that" several times while chuckling to myself, eyes closed. Highly inappropriate and deliciously fun, just like Willam himself.
Bradley (AudioShelf)
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty comical. I don’t agree with most of the stuff in it; however, I didn’t have to in order to enjoy it. I wanted Willam to talk more about specific things, but the fact that he touched on all of the things I wanted to hear about his life was good enough for me.

I didn’t love this book to the point of me fawning over it and saying it’s the best think that has ever been created (like I will for Bianca’s book), but I will keep it around and listen to it when I want a chuckle.

The n
Janelle Dazzlepants
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Y’know how in the intro of Willam’s Beatdown he says “you’re doing that wrong”? This is basically a how-to on how to not do that wrong.

Willam’s unique voice and comedy permeates every word of this book, and you don’t even need the audiobook because if you’re even familiar with Willam in the slightest, his voice will be running through your head the e n t i r e time. Suck Less covers everything from drag queen etiquette through to sucking dick and career advice, all peppered with his unique bran
Christopher
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I got it as a gift for christmas from my friend when we went to see Willam perform in Dublin and he signed it which is pretty cool. The book itself is full of hillarious one liners, Willam humour and some advice that should be taken with a pinch of salt. Mostly while reading it feels like your just listening to Willam answering questions that you really want to ask him, with hunour included. If you like Willam or drag race then this is a must read for you. If you dont ...more
Avi Bendahan
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
While I had really high hopes that I would love this book, I left feeling more of a 'like' than anything else, but a large chunk of that was my own fault. I had been hoping for, and somewhat expecting, a more text driven endeavor but found myself instead with what could be summed up as 'Willam's Youtube' in book form. This isn't to say it wasn't entertaining because it certainly was, and it excelled in many ways at delivering what it set out to do, it just happens that that didn't match my expec ...more
Sarah Goodwin
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick read but very funny and fill deffo pick it up if bored to re-read sections. Reminded me weirdly of the 'Bart Simpson's guide to Life' I got for a present as a kid...only with more talk of butt-chugging.
Mars
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010s, 2017-reads
Oh my god this is honestly what I needed to read right now. Yes he talks about some sexual themes throughout the book, but it's not just that. There's so much you can take from this book that I think more people should be reading it. It was also pretty funny as Willam tends to be. 4.5 definitely.
April
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I love this guilty hairless Artificially-Made man wonder who's about as shameless as that girl at Taco Bell who dips her acrylics in the burritos. Funny, hilarious and gloriously shameful.

3.75.
Tiffany Joy
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh Willam... I love you. I love how your drag is wonderful, honest, shoot from the hip, slightly buzzed from yesterday's high, and coated in sweat but also strategically placed glitter! This book is intended to be a primer for how to be a "better more interesting person who sucks less at different things". Each chapter is titled "suck less at ___" and it made for an extremely amusing audiobook. I decided to go audio with this on purpose - given my love of Willam's drag, his youtube show "Willam' ...more
Daniela
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love drag queens, some say I may have an unhealthy obsession for them, but I don't care, I still love them. And right at the top of the pantheon of the great drag queens of history, there is Willam Belli, a divine creature of awesomeness that worked her ass off (quite possibly literally) to get to the top of the game and be the best she can be. I read this book as any true fan should and I was not disappointed, quite the contrary. Willam's humor is evident throughout the book and even when she ...more
Ashley Beery
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
It started out great, learning how to do make up, some jokes, what vitamins are good for hair skin and nails, cool stuff that anyone can use. Then it seemed to get into throwing shade at a lot of people. Fat shaming, etc, just isn't cool in my book. Plus this is NOT a book to be read in public or that any youngster can see because there are penises in this book...and I'm not talking drawing I'm talking you get to see it all.

A little disappointed as I liked to learn more and actually get a good
robbie p.
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
First off, I'd like to say how much I adore Willam. He is so funny and witty that I knew I'd love his book. Which I did, mostly. I skipped over some parts completely just because they weren't entirely relevant to my life. However, the parts I did read I laughed out loud during at least once on each page. The makeup tips mixed with Willam's humor weren't enough to keep me engaged, mostly because I didn't understand the fucking verbage, but the more personal biographical parts were very engaging.
V. Briceland
Aug 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you truly were aching for a book in which drag queen Willam Belli writes an entire chapter to share his technique . . . with photos, no less . . . of how to pop a zit, welp! I guess this is the book for you!
Nils
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook-only
Hilarious! I needed this. Clever, funny, inappropriate, and real. Go Willam!
Soph
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Only Willam could've written this. Respect for anyone who lives as unapologetically as he does.
Mandy Porter
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, but would not recommend for anyone who does not already know and love Willam.
Joshua Reid
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this book was the funniest, most honest, book when it comes to Drag and gay life. Don't take it so serious you can't function. It is all fun. best read of 2016!!
Gerard Villegas
Okay hunties! You're reading this shit because you want to know about drag queen winner of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 4. Okay, some other queen one but this bitch is not gonna rupalogize for any shiz that went down. Sure, this bitch was disqualified...ahem, she was asked to leave and she became a superstar nonetheless with her YouTube channel, music, and endorsement deals. So Logo and World of Wonder can kiss her bearded ass and suck it! Rather, Willam can tell you Suck Less, a self-help book tha ...more
Anthony
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the most entertaining, funny, candid, no-holds-barred life-coaching manual that I have ever been lucky enough to happen upon. It may be pitched towards drag culture but the advice and life hacks in this book is not lacking and is applicable to all! Yes, ALL! And it's f***ing hilarious. I implore everyone to go and buy this book or download it because it is the absolute bollocks. It's unapologetic filth and very good filth at that.

Willam is laugh-out-loud funny. The comedic prowe
Robert Bone
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
More of a table-top/skimming book, this is certainly what you want out to let any guest know that you are at the very least, wild.

Full of truly flamboyant life experiences and tips (which do really leave you unsure of whether they actually happened), this is an intense ride. From the genuine ("do as much drag as you can everywhere you can while you're still passionate about actually creating something") to the outrageous (anal blood is "either a tear from rough intercourse or the baby Jesus weep
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Walking Through Clear Water in a Pool Painted Black
  • The Real Science Behind the X Files: Microbes, Meteorites, and Mutants
  • Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything... and I Mean Everything...and You Can Too!
  • Lettin it All Hang Out: An Autobiography
  • The Shape of Things to Come: Prophecy and the American Voice
  • The Dragon with the Girl Tattoo
  • The Daria Diaries
  • Deepest Thoughts: So Deep They Squeak
  • Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man
  • Bitter with Baggage Seeks Same: The Life and Times of Some Chickens
  • Like a Lampshade in a Whorehouse: My Life in Comedy
  • What's Wrong With Homosexuality?
  • The First Time
  • Mad Men: the Illustrated World
  • Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style
  • Alexander McQueen: The Life and the Legacy
  • The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck Companion
Willam, as he is simply referred to is a world-famous American drag queen, actor, producer, TV personality, recording artist, vlogger and author. He is an all-round showbiz guy who gained popularity for his role as a transgender woman Cherry Peck in Ryan Murphy’s medical TV series Nip/Tuck and more recently as a contestant on RuPaul’s Drag Race. Willam Belli is also notorious as the first and only ...more
“I have more structure in my cheekbones than many have in their entire lives.” 2 likes
“It’s a little something extra I call the Zeta Factor. Y’know Catherine Zeta-Jones, right? Oscar winner, trophy wife, bipolar beauty. Well, take away the Zeta and she’s just ol’ Cathy Jones. Ain’t nobody wanna be no Cathy Jones. No, thank you. Ya gotta throw some fuckin’ Zeta into your life and make it sparkle.” 0 likes