Start by marking “Clayton (The Fire Creek Saga, 3)” as Want to Read:
Clayton (The Fire Creek Saga, 3)

Clayton

(Bourbon & Blood #2)

My father, Samuel Darcy, wrecked everything he touched - the business, our family, my mother. I knew if I didn't stop him he'd destroy it all. So I got down and dirty, stopped playing by the rules, and rolled .in the mud right along with him. I bartered my soul, and in the end, I lost the one thing that I wanted most in this world.... my wife.
Six months ago, Annalee gave m
Published March 31st 2016 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Clayton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clayton

Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
Review to come. Liking the series I just didn't like the heroine. Thinking on it
Michelle
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Walking away from your life, your wife, your child, your happiness is hard, but doing it to protect them makes it even harder. Clayton wants revenge on his father, while the hiding and lies, Annalee does what she needs and asks for a divorce.

Clayton and Annalee both love each other deeply and passionately. Clayton, who wants revenge on his father, has pulled away from his family. Annalee knows her husband is distant, knows there is lies. She gives him his chance to come clean, to protect her he
Deanndra Hall
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started reading the Bourbon & Blood series because, well, I'm a Kentuckian, and bourbon is what we do. I started out reading Ciaran a good while back, and then read Bennett. But this book surprised me. I always connect with Ms. Donavan's characters, but this Darcy in particular really resonated with me. Clayton is a guy who'll do whatever, and I do mean whatever, he has to in order to protect those he loves. It's not your typical boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy marries gir ...more
Kimberly
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After getting to know Clayton and Annalee in book one, I was really looking forward to find out more about them. I really enjoyed their story and I was on edge with all the stuff that happened with Samual. That is one evil man. I can't wait to read more of this series and see what happens for the rest of them and see how Clayton and Mia's lives change each book! You really don't want to miss out on this series!
Sassy Southern
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
The best book in this series!
We learn about Clayton and Annalee's rocky marriage in book 1, and are tend feeling like we want to jump right into this story. Clayton leaves his family behind after Annalee gives her distant husband a chance to speak up about why in fact he has been so distant. The secret that Clayton is harboring is the proof he needs to destroy his dad, and finally eradicate him from the family business, without it suffering too much of financial hit. Saving his family's business
Nightbird Novels
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Clayton and Annalee’s marriage is over, well almost over. When Clayton closed himself off, he also broke their relationship. Now when his side mission is finally coming to fruition, he will need to come completely clean with Annalee if he wants to ever win her back.

Another fantastic book in the series!

I received a complimentary copy of this book for my honest and unbiased review.

Check out the complete series review on my blog!

United Indie Book Blog
I didn't really love Clayton in the first book but this explains so many of his thoughts and actions. I wasn't sure if they would be able fix their marriage but I hoped they could solve their problems. I really like Annalee she was a fun and spunky heroine. Most of this book takes place at the same time as book one so you get to see the same story from different angles. This was a good book but not my favorite of the series.

Review by Cathy
Donna Parrott
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clayton Darcy has to find a way to get his father Samuel Darcy out of the picture. His father seems to wreck everything he touches, especially people's lives. No matter how dirty he needs to get, he is determined to stop him by not playing by the rules if that is what it takes. He begged, bartered and lost the only thing that kept him that mattered to him.... his wife and daughter. Annalee is a smart woman and she knows when her husband is keeping something from her. She doesn't even recognize h ...more
Megan Hubble-Roney
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of Clayton early. After finishing Bennett I was pretty interested in seeing if Clayton and Annalee could fix their marriage. I'm also a new reader of Donavan's books so really I wanted to see if Bennett was a fluke or if I'd found a new author to stalk and one click.
Happily it wasn't a fluke and I now have a new author to stalk!

Anyone who has been married knows how hard it is to make an marriage work. Every day sacrifices are made, choices and decisions can either work perfec
Alison
Clayton is Mia's brother from Bennett, he too works at the distillery and his marriage has broken down because in his search for incriminating evidence against his father he has crossed some lines and wants to keep all of that secret from his wife, Annalee. Clayton and Annalee are still in love with each other but she cannot live with a man who is keeping secrets and avoiding being with her.

Overall, I felt that Seraphina Donavan maybe lost her way with this novel, or maybe the series wasn't goin
Breanna Eichhorn
Clayton has put so much distance between him and his wife Annalee that he doesn't know if it can be bridged. Annalee doesn't like that he hasn't touched her in a long time and that he is keeping something from her. So she gives him a choice either he tells her what is going on or they are going to get a divorce. Clayton and Annalee have a little girl Emma Grace and they love her so much.
Clayton can't stand his father, will do anything to protect his family. He has a sister and a brother. He wan
Carol
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for an honest review.

When I read the first book, Bennett, in this series I couldn't wait for Clayton's story. There was so much mystery and intrigue as to what he was up to. This book did not disappoint.
The first half of the book is the same timeline as Bennett but told from Clayton and Annalee's POV and circumstances. This book is very well written and it is so nice to read a book and not have any words misspelled. The only negative and it's not really that big of a thing. J
Aurora Batty
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I liked the story and the fact that these two are not just meeting or coming together for the first time.
Annalee is Clayton's wife and for reasons that he refuses to divulge he walks away when she gives him an ultimatum. He is doing it to protect her but damn if it doesn't kill him inside.
Annalee is shocked that Clayton walked away so easily. He is hiding something from her and she doesn't understand. She knows he still loves her and it pains her to stick to her guns and proceed with the sep
Literary Epic
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading Bennett, Clayton spiked my interest and I couldn't wait to read more about the mysterious Darcy.

Clayton is trying to take his farther down, trying to stop him from ruining the family distillery, which he, his brother and sister have tried so hard to keep running.

In doing so, he has pushed his wife Annalee away. Tried to keep her safe by not implicating her in his world. After a year of being ignored, she gives him an ultimatum... Tell her what he's hiding, what he's keeping from
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Clayton

**ARC provided in exchange for honest review**

I have been intrigued with Clayton from my first glimpse in Bennett (which you should definitely check out before reading Clayton). Clayton is the oldest of the Darcy clan and knows what kind of man his father is but to get him out the business he had to sleep with the sharks (not literally). Doing what he can led to a ultimatum in his marriage when Annalee, tell her his secrets or move out. I loved that Clayton was protective over those he lo
She Hearts Books
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clayton was about to lose his family in fighting to get his father out of all of their lives. His wife gave him an ultimatum...stop being so distant or move out and lose her. Knowing that he had to do something about the monster, he let her go. I wanted to shake him hard and maybe even kick him in the shin. I got that his dad was pure evil, but letting his family go was a huge mistake. A year later Clayton is still trying to rid his world of his father and his divorce is about to be final when h ...more
Rose
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review is from: Clayton (Bourbon & Blood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I was given a copy of Clayton, book 2 in the Bourbon & Blood Series in exchange for an honest review. I'm loving and getting a thrill out of Seraphina Donovan's books. This is the story of Clayton and Annalee, we met them in Bennett book 1 of this awesome series. The story isn't short nor long read but is straightforward and sincere, it's full of drama, danger, suspense, passion, love, a bit of humor and great characte
Judy Miracle
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I am for sure going back and reading Bennett. There is so much mystery and suspense in this book that you will be hanging by a thread as you flip the pages one after another.

Annalee and Clayton are married but after an ultimatum given by her he lets her go. All she wants is to understand and for answers. So instead of answering Clayton packs up and leaves so he can protector. But letting her go is the hardest thing he has ever done in his life. But what happens next?

Well
Caro Richard
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Since reading Bennett I've been dying to know what Clayton is up to.

What has he done thats so bad he needed to push her away? But now he wants her back?

My immediate thoughts were, if that were me, i'd tell him to stick it! BUT the author has told this story so well with his reasonings that I just could not stick by my first reaction.....he stuck by his promises....now that is a man!

This was a great read and I really enjoyed the bonus scene at the end. Their beginning.....makes it all so clear.

An
Eve
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Clayton and Annalee most of the time. They were people that I could really relate to and could completely see where they were coming from. Yes, there were times when I wanted to reach through the pages and choke Clayton, but I did love their story.

The only thing that distracted me was the point of view that the book was written from. The first book in the series was written in third person and this book was written in first person, so I was thrown for a loop for a little while. S
Karen
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn that was hot

I thought I loved book one, than I read book 2 and fell even more in love with these characters. I started reading this series cause I like this authors writing and it was set in my home state of KY. I keep reading this series cause the stories are awesome and keep my engrossed from the first page to the last. I love how it flowed from book one seamlessly even though the stories overlap it did not bother me at all cause I was enjoying finding the other parts of the families stor
Cindy Fong
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was excited to revisit with the Darcy family and even more so to figure out the story of Clayton and Annalee. Clayton is the oldest and tasked responsibility for Quinton and Mia. In his efforts to save Fire Creek, he began to distance himself from his wife Annalee. He did it to protect her, but she didn't know from what so she issued an ultimatum and he moved out. Through the process of trying to ruin his father they become close again. Ultimately they save each other and become one.
What a go
Maranda Fitzgerald
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 1, Bennett, did a great job at setting the stage for Clayton. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. Clayton was trying to do the right thing and keep his family safe. He was willing to give up his family in order to keep them safe from his father. There were moments in this book that were heartbreaking, but I loved their happily ever after. I can't wait to see how the next book plays out. This series is a must read!
Diane
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Explosive!

I just discovered this author and I know I will be a fan for life! An explosive continuing storyline (with no cliffhangers), emotionally driven characters I love, an evil sociopath that has to be stopped and some really steamy love scenes! This series has everything I look for in romantic suspense and once I start reading I don't put the book down until it's finished. In my book that's a five star read!
Marika
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was interesting reading about everything happening to the Darcy from Clayton's pov.
I loved Mia's story and I wondered why Clayton and Annalee were getting a divorce.
I enjoyed very much and not only I got more questions answered bit I loved Clayton...the good guy turned bad boy was hot!
Now I can't wait for book 3.. is going to be a ride for sure!
Lee
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a great KU find! I was drawn in to the relationship between the Clayton and Annalee and liked that theirs was an established marriage from the beginning of the story. The story line held my attention well, making me detest the villian while cheering for the main and secondary characters. I recommend this one!
Shellby
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really like this series. It is not just about the sex, for the beginning of a relationship. It is about making it through the difficult times. Clayton's book did not disappoint. I can not wait for the next book.

-NightWolf Book Blog
A.
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it
OK. But didn't really hold my attention and I never really thought the couple had chemistry, at least not in this book. They possibly had more chemistry in the previous book which was about the hero's sister.
Roni Booth
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clayton!!

I love that Clayton was willing to give up everything for his family. His strength of conviction to do what's right even if not legal was something I can see any Kentucky gentleman doing. Can't wait for Carter!

Bourbon & Blood (5 books)
  • Bennett (The Fire Creek Saga, 1)
  • Ciaran (The Fire Creek Saga, 2)
  • Carter (The Fire Creek Saga, 4)
  • Quentin (The Fire Creek Saga, 5)