Start by marking “Bleach, Vol. 8: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Vol. 8: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)

Bleach, Vol. 8: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  7,691 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
With the help of Kukaku-a one-armed explosives expert and old friend of the mysterious talking-cat Mr. Yoruichi-Ichigo and crew are one step closer to infiltrating the Soul Society and rescuing their friend Rukia before she is executed. For Kukaku's plan to work, Ichigo must control his enormous reservoir of spiritual energy-and there's no telling how much collateral damag ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Turtleback Books (first published June 4th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Vol. 8

Katie (Kitkatscanread)
This was more of a 4.5.
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
Emma
Ichigo is still in the pit, fighting against encroachment lest he become a hollow. The others prepare to enter the soul society.

This volume was a lot of set up for what's going to happen next and a little high on the slapstick humor for my tastes but it was still okay.
Harman Kaur
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this manga! I am glad that Rukia is keeping up! I really hope that Ichigo saves her in the end!
Feather Mista
Oct 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bleachistas y espadistas.
Recommended to Feather by: El trabajo.
El comic es entretenido pero bastante lento, como gran parte de los tomos de esta etapa. Eso sí, los extras son muy graciosos y le suma muchos puntos al producto final.
Leonel Buelvas
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Si se oxida, no se podrá levantar de nuevo. Si se lastima por empuñarla, se partiría a sí mismo. Así es, el orgullo es muy parecido a una espada". El presente volumen de la obra de Tite Kubo contiene los mangas 62-70 y en ella vemos probada la determinación de Ichigo en su entrenamiento.
Buen número que nos muestra como Ichigo adquiere de nuevo sus poderes, no sin antes sudar mucho, en un entrenamiento que casi le cuesta la muerte. Y el telón se abre para el evento en que el héroe y sus amigos s
Lucy Smith
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bleach
This volume focus mostly on the training and processes until Ichigo and friends go to Soul Society. This chapter was kind of a buildup to the next arc, and sometimes, the training does get kind of dull.
S. J.
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Sister
*5 Stars*

My review of Bleach Volume 1 Here I discuss the series as a whole.

Review of Volume 7
Please check out my other reviews of Bleach volumes for brief info on characters you should know that crop up as well as to better understand the series as a whole.

Characters You Should Know

description Tessai Tsukabishi - At times subordinate and others forceful and knowledgeable, his role at the store is not clear. He appears to be freakishly strong and have certain Soul Reaper powers.

description Jinta Hanakari - A young bo
Sara
Abel Magana
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(4.5)
Alex Wallingford
The book Bleach:The blade and me was writen by tite kubo. The book was writen in august 2005 and its genre is magna. It was in the magazine Shonene jump and hasnt won any awards yet. IT has 200 pages of exitment and it took me a day to read. The main character is Ichigo Kurosaki in a small city.

Ichigo Kurosaki is a hot tempered teenager. He is forced into a life of fighting demons and his life. He wants to be a soul reaper to save many lives and destroying others. He has to destroy these demons
Sophia F
Minor spoilers...
The cover is cool, but irritated me so much!! I kept holding it upside down and wanting to open it, but then realized I was holding it wrong. 'Twitching with frustration.'
I had always thought Mr. Hat and Clogs was an easy going, optimistic guy, but he has now engraved himself into my mind as a really scary boss while fighting. O.O
Ichigo seemed to have kept his mask on the side of his head, even through his fight with Kisuke, but then it just suddenly... Disappeared. :/
About Tite
Cindy
This book is about Ichigo wanting to save Rukia from being executed in soul society because she risked everything for Ichigo and for that she has to die. In order for him to go to soul society he has to train on how to control being a soul without taking a pill. He also have to learn the name of his sword so he has more power.
What I think this book is that is crazy because he has to fight a girl but he thinks she is a wimp. So when they start fighting the girl almost killed Ichigo but he finishe
Ashley
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
David
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-comics
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do fe
Loveliest Evaris
"You killed my hat".

Excuse me while I laugh out loud.

Kisuke Urahara would be an AWESOME dad, don't you think? He acts like an Aquarius but in reality he's a Capricorn (December 31st) . Yeah, I have the whole zodiac running in the back of my head whenever I see a birth date.

description

And the introduction of one of my most favorite characters in this series! Gin!

Just so you know I liked certain characters from Bleach before I got into the series. So before reading this I HATED the series but LOVED some of
Bbabri
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jó rész volt.Végre feltűnik az „öreg” Zangetsu is. Nagyon szeretem az ő karakterét is, kár, hogy csak ritkán szerepel. Ichigo-nak végül sikerül visszanyernie az erejét,de később még bajok lesznek belőle. A zanpakutou-ja kinézete is változott, bár még mindig úgy néz ki, mint egy túlméretezett kés.
Rukia-t halálra ítélték. Feltűnik két új kapitány is. Ichimaru és Ken-chaaaaan.
Ken-chan-t is nagyon szeretem. Főleg, amikor eltéved. :-D
A csapat felkészült, és el is indulnak, hogy megmentsék Rukia-t. A
Sarah Sammis
Nov 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pc, read-in-2008
Bleach 8 is a pause in the action, a deep breath before the entry into the Soul Society.

Although Bleach 8 lacks the action of the previous couple of volumes, it has one of my favorite scenes: Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper but at a tremendous price. He also learns the name of his zanpaku-tô.

There are also brief glimpses into the Soul Society but so far we are uninitiated voyeurs. Characters are introduced and back stories hinted at. This volume will be fun to go back and reread with a few extra on
Annchan Maulana
Oct 09, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, anime
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro
Andyma
May 12, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
MissAnnThrope
Bleach, Volume 8: The Blade and Me is so much fun. I really enjoyed the fight scenes between Kisuke and Ichigo that unlocked Ichigo's Soul Reaper powers. Of course, the best part of the entire volume was when Ichigo learned his Zanpakuto's name.

description

Zangetsu, baby! Ohhhh yeahhhh!

How fantastically magnanimous is that thing?!

Finally, Ichigo and friends are about to enter the Soul Society. I can't wait to see all the action with the Soul Reapers.
Soul
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
first of all this is the review for volume 1 to 10.

if i don't compare it with any other Manga novels then, it was a great experience to read this series.
the whole concept of Soul reapers was neatly implemented.
And not to forgot it sure was page turner.

but when i compare it with other (and my fav.) Manga series Naruto it was ok.
the character building was not so great. it's almost a headache to remember their names,
and there r lot of other things,

but all in all Worth 4 stars out of 5.
Scott Lee
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This volume follows the build-up for Ichigo and companies invasion of the soul society to rescue Rukia. Builds on many interesting aspects of the world, and keeps things moving along at a fast pace. These are pretty good-sized volumes after all, and I've trained myself--sadly--to read tons of things at once in bite-sized chunks, so for it to capture and hold my attention through a whole volume without switching indicates it was actually pretty darned great.
Taruia
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ichigo is still in training with Hat and Clogs in his bid to rescue Rukia, whilst Chad and Orihime train with the cat. Ichigo, now a soul reaper is ready to take on the world (well the other world - see what I did there, oh, nevermind). This series has a nice mixture of drama and comedy and it is very nicely drawn. Manga has a tendency to become very abstract in its art, but this (hasn't yet) fallen into the trap. But there is still time, I am only up to volume 8.
Shani
Oooh yah! C'mon ichigo! Now the real action starts,let the fireworks begin.....!!
M. Ashraf
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bleach
And so the training begin, it was weird seeing him fighting all this time with out any proper training rather than his pure spirit force ... :/
And we get our first big mystery since the series begun who is that guy ??? what's his relation with Ichigo ???
Starting from this volume I can say I'm officially hooked :)
Alexis Masters
"If it rusts, it can never be trusted
If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
Yes, pride is
Like a blade"

- Encroachment!!
- "Can you hear me, Ichigo?"
- The world of skyscrapers
- Sentence given
- Gin and Zaraki show up for a little pep talk...
- Ichigo learns a new name
- Plans for summer vacation
- Where Hollows Fear to Tread
- Dangai - Precipice world
Henry
Jul 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was definetly one of my favorite volumes in the series. While there some really, really cool fights and figthing scenes, what I really loved about this volume is the interaction between characters...you get to understand the bonds between them better. The ending makes you want to start on the next volume right away!
Georgina Howlett
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Once you have written a review for seven volumes, it becomes harder every time to write one for the next. The one thing I do want to say about this volume however is that I really LOVE the cover. Zangetsu is an amazing Zanpakuto, even if he is a little bit weird in comparison to the others in the world C:

Onto volume eight!
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ三十六
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Bleach, Volume 01
  • Bleach, Volume 07
  • Bleach, Volume 09
  • Bleach, Volume 10
  • Bleach, Volume 11

“If it rusts, it can never be trusted
If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
Yes, pride is like a blade”
46 likes