Start by marking “Wood (PsyCop, #3.2)” as Want to Read:
Wood (PsyCop, #3.2)

Wood

(PsyCop #3.2)

Victor Bayne might not be handy when it comes to carpentry, but if there’s one tool he does know how to wield, it’s the tiny metal doohickey that comes with ready-to-assemble furniture from SaverPlus.

The shelves aren’t for the cannery—Vic would never manage to sneak cheap pressboard and veneer past Jacob’s watchful eyes. Jacob’s Uncle Leon, however, is nowhere near as fuss
Published February 23rd 2016 by JCP Books

To ask other readers questions about Wood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wood

Shin Mon Thway
This definitely is my very favorite Vic POV shortie in the entire collection. It was funny as hell and sexy AF. Short, sweet, tender, romantic and scorching! Just can’t get enough!

5 yeah, kiss that neck Jacob stars

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
3.5

I'll never read any instructions the same way again. Nothing paranormal or mysterious happens here; just two guys helping an old man to assemble some book shelves. It's not their fault the instructions are written that way.
To fully appreciate these two and the memory of their first meeting mentioned here, you need to read the series. Yes, this is one of those stories, so what? Read the series. It's great.
Jacob and Vic are one of my favourite couples, well, ever.
Sheri
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jacob and Vic....YES, yes, YES!
I will never turn down time with them.
A little naughty nibbling and sexy stroking and we've got a jizztastic quickie.
Wish it was a slightly longer quickie but I'll take what I can get.
I will certainly pay closer attention to furniture assembly dialogue from now on...and think of Jacob & Vic. ;)
Janeylou
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Karen
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was just a short, sweet, funny and sexy story that had Victor and Jacob helping Jacob's uncle build some bookcases.

I loved this story it was so much fun to read and had me smiling and giggling throughout most of it. My only issue...it was too short, of course. If you are a fan of this couple you don't want to miss this one.
Maya
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-story

"I love it when we're on the same page."

Mmm, I love it when Vic and Jacob are on the same page, too.
Erika
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's JCP! It could never not be good (double negatives = double the goodness)!
Kasia Bacon
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

(ARC provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review)
__________________________________

“I’m such a sucker for the neck. He knows it. And he knows I know he knows…

which makes it all so much hotter when he goes for it.”

What is it with Victor Bayne, Jacob Marks and old men’s bathrooms? How can putting together flat-pack furniture be sexy? What are the lewdest assembly instructions ever? How many mediums does it take to put up a SaverPlus bookshelf?

If you are curious to hear the ans
Tinnean
Normally I'd give anything Victor and Jacob at least 5 stars, because Victor. Jacob. I think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm at a loss as to how to rate this short. I liked it very much, but having said that, I still was disappointed in its length. It ended at 67%. Even then I wouldn't have mined if I'd realized that was the story's 100%. The remaining 33% was author comments and story blurbs.

At $.99 it's not a bad price, and I don't begrudge paying it. I just wish I'd realize
Em
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dtr, m-m, paranormal
Only a few pages long but still very enjoyable and kept me grinning throughout.
Julio Genao
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorts
her voice is just so good. reading even short work like this is ridiculously satisfying.

cornball humor + sarcasm = jappy julio.

(see? i be corny as hell. IDGAF.)
Teresa
****Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance®****

4.5 Stars - It is no secret I adore this series and Wood is a fine addition to it. It doesn’t really add anything but it is nice to see the guys again and get a little sexy time. It is short but humorous! I always like seeing Vic and Jacob interacting as a couple.

Make sure to take the time to read the “about this story” as it is interesting and casts some light on Vic’s personality.

Prism Book Alliance®
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
I mean, c'mon, it's Vic and Jacob, with a side of favorite uncle Leon and a dash of dyi furniture building.

And it's Vic and Jacob feeling horny, and appreciative.

Even in a short like this, an extended snapshot really, JCP gives us all the things: Vic's unique take on the world, his love for Jacob, Jacob's love for Vic, teenage type humor (in other words, the kind that never gets old), sweetness and hotness, and I'm left wanting more.

Lisa The Novel Approach
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Don’t even try to tell me you didn’t immediately think of everything other than cabinetry when you saw the title of this short story. This is Jacob Marks and Victor Bayne we’re talking about, after all, and they have been known to behave in a most erotic way with each other throughout the PsyCop series. And yes, they do that here too, so euphemistically speaking, you might say Wood hits the nail on the head.

Anyone who’s bought put-together furniture and then been baffled by the extra screws, mis
Lori
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, bmbr-reads, series

Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday dear Vic...

Happy Birthday to you.

That's right, today is my favourite PsyCop's birthday and he's we're celebrating with Wood, a new short from PsyCop author, Jordan Castillo Price.

Vic is actually putting up furniture of the flat pack variety, it's the kind of furniture making that is right up his street (the only kind he knows how to assemble, he can wield that doohickey like a pro!) No problemo dude... well, it wouldn't be i
Aimee ~is busy sleeping~
Disappointed it ended at 62% :( Booo. But loved seeing Vic and Jacob again even for a short moment.
Cristina T.
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
JCP certainly knows how to write amazing shorts! Wood packs some heat, a lot of fun and easygoing humor, as well as family feels.

Jacob's uncle, Leon, needs help assembling some bookcases he bought at SaverPlus, because who the hell needs IKEA, when they got the next best thing downtown. They got better instructions anyway, if they manage to make two grown ass men snicker and get all hot and bothered.

And good Lord, are the sexy times through the roof here. Everything's more fun when you're this c
Sadonna
Teeeheee! This is a sweet and humorous and smexy short of Vic and Jacob. I had some pretty funny flashback moments to my own furniture assembly mishaps. My favorite was when I lived in a third floor walkup and I bought this gigantic entertainment center. The boxes barely fit in my car with the seats down and they were unbelievably heavy. So heavy, that when I pulled the first one out of the car, it knocked me to the ground ;-) I think it was dark at the time so no one witnessed my mortifying pre ...more
Annery
I love these sweet little interludes that Jordan has gifted us with of Vic & Jacob as they make their way as a couple.

Nothing much happens here save that the pair go to Jacob's uncle's house and help him set up a book case from our favorite store, Saver Plus, and sexy times ensue. However this serves as a window into the developing couple dynamics and we see these two be silly and lust filled all at the same time.

Good times. ;-)
Jenn (not Lily)
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome little story with Vic, Jacob, and Uncle Leon and his phantom arm!
Sara
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love anything to do with Vic and Jacob. They are one of my favorite book couples. I wish we had more short stories from Jacob's point of view though. I love knowing what he thinks.
Therese
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*4.5*

I absolutely loved this short story. Jacob is again the best boyfriend ever, and uncle Leon's arm is as friendly as usual.
Trio
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
shit yeah - I'm so gonna read this again. I love those guys and this is a great little look into their 'whatever's going on' - it was great!
Gieliza
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, mm-romance
4 stars! It's always nice to visit Vic and Jacob. I hope the next book comes out soon!
Daesy
Jacob and Vic are helping Jacob's uncle, Leon, in assebling some of his new furniture. There are a lot of puns, and we see Jacob smirking and Vic trying not to laugh, when the only thing they can think about is getting it on. When Leon needs to go buy some piece that they are missing, our guys don't waste any time in finding a good place, in this case a bathroom, where Jacob can slam Vic to the door and have his way with him, not that Vic is complaining...

This novella was funny and hot, but way
Kendra T
Another great short! Jacob and Vic trying to put together some furniture...and of course finding time to sneak away for a quickie. lol
Love these guys and this story. Also love the audible version. Gomez Pugh is amazing.
Simon
Feb 23, 2019 added it
Disappointingly short. Hardly worth flicking the pages on my kindle. Ended as soon as it had begun.
Kathy
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
PsyCop #3.2
Wood by Jordan Castillo Price is a nice little short about Vic & Jacob, helping out Jacob's Uncle Leon. Enjoy!

My preferred reading order is chronological in nature. Given my choice, I will always read a series in the order that best moves a series forward along the timeline, despite the order they are written in. That is why the suggested reading order I have provided below is numbered twice. The 1, 2, 3… at the beginning of each title below denotes the order that I read them in.
Rachael Orman
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FiveStars
This is another great little taste of Jacob and Vic outside of their jobs and the paranormal world. We get to see how they relate and interact on a normal day and it was sweet and sexy all at the same time. As usual we got some humor as usual comes with Vic, but this time it came from Jacob's uncle as well.

I really love this couple and getting any little snippet of their lives is great. Jordan always writes such great stories, even when they are short and only make me want more of them
Molli B.

Uncle Leon's arm ♥

This was a fun story. I love seeing these guys, even if briefly, and this was a sweet little slice of time with them. Like "Memento," from last year, it's a bit of a character study, with just the guys being the guys + some sex.

(To be honest, and unfair, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I weren't so anxious to get a new novel from this world. I know she's working on it...but I'm still antsy and not well soothed by something like 5k of fluff.)

• Dancer of Death (SPECTR Series 2, #2)
  • Feast of Stephen (A Charm of Magpies, #3.5)
  • Bite Marks and Bendy Straws (A series of vignettes, #1)
  • Don't Let Go (Tyack & Frayne, #3)
  • One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts, #8)
  • Liar (Zero at the Bone, #1.3)
  • Critic's Choice (Petit Morts, #9)
  • Compensations (Life Lessons, #3.5)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price writes paranormal sci-fi thrillers colored by her time in the Midwest, from inner city Chicago, to various cities across southern Wisconsin. She’s settled in a 1910 Cape Cod near Lake Michigan with tons of character and a plethora of bizarre spiders. Any disembodied noises, she’s decided, will be blamed on the ice maker.

Jordan is best known as the author of

PsyCop (10 books)
  • Among the Living (PsyCop, #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2)
  • Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Skin After Skin (PsyCop, #8)
  • Agent Bayne (PsyCop, #9)
  • Murder House (PsyCop, #10)
“we lingered there for just one more moment, and held each other, and savored the feeling of wanting and being wanted. Loving, and being loved.” 0 likes