Start by marking “Love, Alabama (Alabama, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love, Alabama (Alabama, #2)

Love, Alabama

(Alabama #2)

Emma Laroux’s a fallen Southern beauty queen whose past is barely whispered about in her small town. But the secrets and lies surrounding her scandal still haunt her, and something about Matthew Pope may hold the answers…if only she could put her finger on it.

Matthew Pope wonders what awful karmic thing he’s done to land him in Podunk, Alabama. But when he sees Emma Laroux
Published April 13th 2016 by The Tule Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Love, Alabama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Alabama

Start your review of Love, Alabama (Alabama, #2)
Hristina
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Copy received through NetGalley

Actual rating: 3.5
Few months back I sat down and binge watched Hart of Dixie, so I’m on the lookout for books set in Alabama, it’s an obsession. I think this book did a great job at bringing in southern charm into the story.
I liked the way this book was written, it worked well as a standalone (I only learned it was a series after my NetGalley request was approved). It deals with some serious issues, but keeps romance as the main genre, providing an interesting plot
Beth  (YA Books Central)
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tiffanys-reviews
Tiffany's Review:

I may be a little bias when reviewing this book. I am a former small town Alabama pageant girl that attended Auburn University. I feel like this book was written just for me, ha!! I absolutely LOVED it! Emma had it all...the beauty, the grace, the perfect boyfriend and the coveted crown of Miss Alabama. Tad, the perfect boyfriend turns out to be anything but!

The mystery that surrounds what really happened between Emma and Tad keeps the reader intrigued. And then there's Matth
Tori
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2016/05/review-...

Favorite Quote: “We’re all broken just a little”

Emma Laroux, former Miss Alabama and current pageantry coach, is pretty content with her life. Who cares if she is cursed when it comes to dating men? She has her home, health, business, and family for comfort. When her sister lands her own reality cooking show, Emma helps out and finds herself at odds with the show’s producer.

Matthew Pope has come to the small town of Ministry, Alabama t
Megan | A Page to Turn
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
My rating: 4.5

Love, Alabama had everything that I needed in a contemporary romance novel. It had connection, well-developed characters, flawed humans, suspense, blurred lines and broken trust. It's a beautiful story of second chances at love, learning to let go of the past, and living life to it's fullest potential.

We meet Emma, the former beauty queen, on the set of her sister's new cooking show that's to be tapped, directed and produced by a hot shot from NYC named Matthew. The banter and
Cyn
Sep 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
I have no idea why I read this. Maybe it was free? Not my kind of thing, and not particularly well written, though it was charming and a bit funny in parts. I'm sure this author has her audience but I'm clearly not one of them. ...more
patrick Lorelli
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Emma Laroux, is living the life she believes that she has been destine to live. Now ten years has pass since she has had to give up her crown as Miss Alabama, now helping her sister with her new cooking show a director Matthew Pope has the answers if she is looking for them. He was a football player at the University Auburn and after the big game between the two schools he got a girl out of an occurred position and later called her roommate to get. He recognizes her but does tell her that it is ...more
Priscille Richman
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A love story full of southern charm that draws you in from the very beginning, causing you to simultaneously fall in love with the characters, the town, the whole shebang ... I’m ready to move to Alabama! Don’t be fooled though, it’s not just a love story. There is also intrigue and deception, keeping you turning page after page until you clear run out of pages to turn.
Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18)
Elisabeth Comet Readings
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma Laroux, a former Miss Alabama is a stunning, independent, and strong woman. Ten years earlier she won Miss Alabama and was ready to join Miss America, she had a stable relationship with Tad Beaumont, but something happened, and she lost both her boyfriend and her dream.

Now she is still single and seems to exclude the possibility of a romantic relationship. But soon, with her sister’s show in town, she could finally change her mind and discover how amazing an unexpected relationship can be.

M
Melissa Morr
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read by Susan Sands, she earned herself a new fan!! Love Alabama kept me turning the page, I had to force myself to put it down to go to bed but as soon as I woke up & had my coffee in hand I picked the kindle up & finished reading it, I just had to find out what happen 10 years ago to Emma & how Matthew was involved. I was expecting a romance but got a little suspense in there that kept me turning the page. Love Alabama was a great read you had the family saga with Matthew & h ...more
Ash P Reads
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emma Laroux has convinced herself that she is happy living the single life with a successful business. Her one experience with love has left her feeling insecure about relationships. Especially when every time she has attempted to date, the guys mysteriously break it off before it even begins. It does not help that Tad Beaumont, her ex and now mayor of Ministry, Alabama, keeps close tabs on her every move.

Then Matthew Pope comes into the picture and Emma can't help but befriend him. Matthew is a
Angieleigh
There are few things more satisfying than a great book set in the deep South complete with sweet romance, a little controversy, and much forgiveness.

Not to mention a few laughs here and there.

Love, Alabama is the second book in Sands’ Alabama Series and is the perfect runner up to the much loved Again, Alabama.

Sands’ writing flows smoothly, having you fall in love with the town of Ministry, Alabama and the well written characters she has created.

I found Emma charming, amusing, fiery, and overall
Cindy Jewkes
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Susan Sands has done it again! Love, Alabama is a delightful love story full of Southern charm, secrets, manipulation, and taking chances.

When Matthew Pope shows up in Ministry, Alabama to produce Emma’s sister Cammie’s new cooking show, he’s not sure he’s up to the task of living in a small Southern town. He and Emma hit it off, but how can he tell her they’ve met before, years ago on a night that changed the course of Emma’s life?

That mysterious night is the driving force behind the primary c
Christine
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story that adds so much to the series. Everyone has a past, sometimes with things that they don't want to remember or things that they can't remember happened. Emma had one of those moments 10 years ago and applied a band-aid to her life. She has her family, friends and a job she loves, what else could she ask for? Matthew returns to Alabama to film a cooking show and runs into someone he hasn't seen since his college days and that shakes him up. The truth always seems to f ...more
Bonnie Gonzales
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would like to give this book a four and a half stars as it was flat out enjoyable.
The characters were very well written, the ladies had that sweet Southern charm and the men were strong with good manners and values, well most of them. All the characters just were so believeable and just came alive on the pages.
Its almost like bonus books in this one as the book is more than just one couples story.
I was given an ARC in return for my honest review.
Donnajo
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read/review for honest opinion for Tule

Love, Alabama by Susan Sands, book two in the Alabama Book series. A sweet story with likable characters and great dialogue. I really enjoyed this story and looking forward to reading more in the series and more by Susan Sands
Paula Pugh
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a story about how unresolved events in our past direct and temper our future. It is well written with an understanding hand that tenderly weaves a story of lives that need to be unstuck from the past so love can have a chance to blossom and grow.
Lindsey Ruppe
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!!! Underlying issues that hit me close to home, dealing with someone with NPD myself. A lot of misunderstandings cleared up and a great story!! Looking forward to another novel in Ministry!!
RoloPoloBookBlog
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love, Alabama by Susan Sands
Book #2: Alabama Series
Source: Netgalley and purchase
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

By nearly every standard, Emma Laroux is stunning. She has poise, grace, charm, beauty, all the things one would expect a former Miss Alabama to have. One would also expect a woman such as Emma Laroux to have a handsome man on her arm, but that is something Emma Laroux most definitely does not have. In fact, it’s been roughly a decade since Emma last had a serious boyfriend.

In college
Evelyn Grabas
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Although the storyline was good and the characters were adequate - BUT and that's a big BUT, Ms Sands overlooked the fact that guys don't think like girls - they tend to roll better with the punches while girls get all torn up about things. So her girly thinking affected her male character, Matt's, take on things, which I felt was unbelievable.
Point of interest, he had Nothing to feel guilty about as he had done nothing. That's a girl thing, feeling guilty without the reason being valid. If he h
Barb
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Emma Laroux is a South Carolina girl, a past Miss Alabama for a short time, and now a pageant coach. She is part of a large, close-knit family who run a venue for celebrations. Her mother is getting re-married soon and her sister, Cammie, is the host of a popular television cooking show. She does her make-up before the taping every day.

The show has a new director, Matthew Pope, who has not made a great impression on anyone since he came. There is a secret that Matt is keeping close to the vest,
SH
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Susan Sands and I was pleased that I tried something different. Love Alabama, with its very appealing front cover, tells the story of Emma Laroux, a former Miss Alabama and Matthew Pope, who has come to the small town of Ministry, Alabama to produce a cooking show featuring Emma’s sister. Matthew and Emma cross paths when Emma comes on set to do her sister’s make-up. However, it is soon apparent that Matthew has met Emma several years ago, whilst Emma d ...more
Reeca Elliott
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, kindle-app
Emma is a retired beauty queen. She runs her own business and keeps to herself as much as possible. Enter Matthew, who rocks her world when she least expects it.

Both of these characters are flawed and have had some terrible experiences in life. This is, to me, why they hit it off. They each recognize the damage and the strength in each other. As their pasts unfold it brings them closer until….Matthew has a secret!!

I never understand why characters don’t come clean when given the perfect opport
Mandi
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
A fun albeit predictable romance. I really enjoyed the characters and the setting. I'm from Alabama and there were a few nit picky things that bugged me. However unless you are a Auburn fan married to a die hard Alabama fan you probably wouldn't have picked up on them.
As a southern lady I did appreciate that the language in the book did feel southern. It wasn't full of the over the top Bless Your Hearts and other catch phrases so many southern authors feel they should toss in to make the book fe
Paula
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Susan Sands has taken the reader back to Ministry, Alabama for Emma’s story. What a story it is. Love, Alabama by has romance, suspense, a galore of family drama, one former Miss Alabama, one guy trying to make amends and one sleazy ex-boyfriend.

While this is second in the Alabama Series it read well as a stand-alone though her sister is part of this story too. In fact, I liked this one the best of the two stories. Ted is somewhat of a cliché jerk but that made the story more fun when he didn’t
Bette Stanek
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5. Book two of the Alabama series. I read the first book in 2015. I’m feeling nostalgic for a Sweet Home Alabama type of read. What can I say? I read the first book in this series, Again, Alabama, in 2015 so it took me just a little bit to get back up to speed with the characters. The Laroux family is one that I remembered quickly. They are a tight-knit group that is a whole lotta fun.

Love, Alabama is about Emma, the beauty pageant sister, the former Miss Alabama, the one who gave up her crow
Susan Peterson
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love, Alabama is a wonderful small-town, Southern love story. Emma Laroux, former Miss Alabama, has barely dated since a humiliating break-up. When she meets Matthew, the producer of her sister's cooking show, her defenses are up, but she starts to fall for this handsome, charming man. But Matthew realizes that he and Emma had met before, 10 years earlier, at a time when Emma's life fell apart. Emma's ex, Tad, now the town mayor, still finds ways to ingratiate himself into Emma's, causing her gr ...more
Fiona
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you to the publishers and Netgalley for their advance copy in return for an honest review.

I loved the cover of this, which along with the premise, is why I requested this novel. Emma Laroux is what I would take as a typical southern belle, she even has the Gone with the Wind theme as her cell phone ringtone.

She is a former Miss Alabama (though she handed the crown back), and she runs her own pageant training business. Yet she is still single, despite being in her thirties, and seems unable
Stephanie Bolen
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Obvious written by a therapist or therapy enthusiast

Some times a tree is a tree and a jerk is a jerk. No need to find a definition or worry about motivations, just say duck it and move on. The analysing of every little thing and taking blame is so very grown up and unrealistic. The whole book rings more like a therapy session about how people should react than what actually happens and the sad part is this that someone thinks this is better. Depression doesn't magically disappear because someone
Lindsay Allison
Sep 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
I gave up when he had a panic attack.

Maybe I’m being too critical, but none of the panic attack descriptions felt real to me. Everything felt too jarring - and not in a “oh hey this is what a panic attack must feel like” but more in a “pull me from the story what the hell is this?” kind of way. I’m not unsympathetic to people who suffer from panic attacks - there was just something that felt disingenuous to me.

I was first put off when Emma was described as perfect - can eat donuts and hot choco
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #99 - Love, Alabama 1 3 Jun 21, 2018 11:24AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 09, 2016 11:16AM

• Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2) (The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • Her Christmas Cowboy (Copper Mountain Christmas, #5; The Scott Brothers of Montana, #5)
  • Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced and Desperate #3)
  • The Cowboy's Last Rodeo (Men of the Marvell Ranch #1)
  • The Lawman's Apache Moon
  • Troy (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #5)
  • Luke's Gift (The Harlow Brothers, #2)
  • Forget Me Not (Loveless & Dunn, #3)
  • A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek)
  • When We Fall (Last Frontier Lodge, #6)
  • True-Blue Texan (Starting Over Book 1)
  • Pulling Home (That Second Chance, Book 1)
  • Doctor for Christmas (Marietta Medical, #3)
  • Shaking the Sleigh (Singletree #3)
  • The Extra (The Extra Series, #1)
  • The Marriage Pledge (Veils and Vows Book 5)
  • Love on the Boardwalk (Cinnamon Bay #1)
  • Tainted: Lance and Mary (Cliffside Bay, #5)
A self-described late bloomer, Susan Sands began writing on her fortieth birthday. Her first Southern women’s fiction title, Again, Alabama, was published a mere eight years later.

Susan enjoys cooking, painting--when the mood strikes, playing tennis, and staring into space while contemplating her next novel.

Growing up in small-town Louisiana, Susan's passion for reading sparked her interest in wr

Alabama (5 books)
  • Again, Alabama (Alabama, #1)
  • Forever, Alabama (Alabama, #3)
  • Christmas, Alabama (Alabama, #4)
  • Noel, Alabama (Alabama Book #5)