Start by marking “Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)” as Want to Read:
Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)

Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR #26)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
After spending most of her life buried in books and academia despite her NASCAR roots, scientist Kim Murphy is a complete success. But when she stumbles across an old list--"Things To Do Before I Die"--Kim realizes that she hasn't really lived. Now it's time for her to tackle the frivolous things in life: "Play hooky." "Buy a push-up bra." Next up...find a "jock" to date!K ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Teaming Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teaming Up

Carrie
Sep 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, z-2010
Just your standard brainy scientist girl who needs a new kidney meets tall dark and silent NASCAR crew chief, and they spend a couple hundred pages lying to each other about everything, before chastely kissing and planning to have babies at the end.

It’s actually a not-too-bad romance, writing wise. It just did a really good job of illustrating why straight romance is not for me. The gender dynamics were horrifying. That whole girl takes delight in all the men admiring her new push up bra, combi
Judy
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Teaming Up by Abby Gaines
Harlequin NASCAR Library
Secrets And Legends Series Book 10
Kim Murphy, adopted daughter of crew chief Hugo Murphy, has a kidney disease and needs a transplant. Unfortunately she has a rare blood type that maybe her mother would be a match, but she took off thirty years ago and never returned. While getting her life in order Kim finds an old list of ten things to do before she dies. What does she have to lose if she’s on her last few laps anyways? More than she ever bargai
Kala
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
This book would have been much better if the author had deleted the entire Cole/Isabel romance and fleshed out the storyline of the main two characters (Kim/Wade) instead. SO much time was wasted with Cole and Isabel and I had no interest in them.

It also feels like the last 2 pages were so rushed and the ending felt like it was meant to be a few chapters longer but got all condensed into 2 pages. The entire story centers around Kim's illness and how she is not high up on the transplant list and
Courtney
Sep 02, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
I could not finish this book. I have picked up 7 books, getting half way through a few of them and then putting them back down.

As far as NASCAR romances go, I think Pamela Britton has the market cornered on this one. Her technical observations of the stock car are fantastic, but she doesn't overdo it. Which is nice.

This book was a bad mash up of stem cell research and sponsorship...gahhh, boring.

I read the last page, just to make sure and it ends in a most saccharine sweet way. Ick.

If you go NA
Crystal
Jan 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
This book is hilarious in a way I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be. The drama is of the melo persuasion and the lines are delightfully cheesy. I had my roommate near tears reading parts of this to her out loud. It makes me forgive Harlequin a little for trying to tie all the NASCAR romances together.
Victoria
Oct 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who find a free copy and nothing better to read.
Recommended to Victoria by: No one
This one was okay. It was the first of the NASCAR romance novels I read, and it was not the best nor the worst. Didn't hate or like the characters. It'd do for a quick read if nothing else is around, but don't spend money on it.
Cecelia
I liked the tension and drama that really built up throughout the book however the ending is rushed and I think the story could have been drawn out further, or just not included Isabel and Clay and just focused on Kim and Wade...
Cornelia
Mar 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: epub, harlequin
that was nice. I particularily liked the ending. not because it was the end mind you. but because the Hero was so cute. ^^
Caitlin
Aug 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
You have to understand that my expectations for these books is completely different from some of the others I read.
Modesty_b
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: racing
It was okay.. but I don't like the ending
Sue
Jul 06, 2012
Joann
Jul 02, 2008
Karen Mcguiness
rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2015
Valerie
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Hearts Under Caution
  • A NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Thunderstruck
  • Overheated (Harlequin NASCAR, #25)
  • Danger Zone
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around (NASCAR Library Collection)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Boys of Summer
  • British Bad Boys
  • Ex, Why, and Me
I write funny, tender romance novels for Harlequin Superromance and Love Inspired Historical.

My next book to be released is That New York Minute, out in April 2012.

I like to set aside some of my writing time for experimental projects - I'm currently trying my hand at a humorous women's fiction novel, and I also finished a Young Adult manuscript.

To find read excerpts of my books or to find out mo
More about Abby Gaines...

Harlequin NASCAR (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Hearts Under Caution
  • Speed Dating
  • Danger Zone
  • Thunderstruck
  • No Time to Lose
  • Full Throttle
  • Speed Bumps
  • Back on Track
  • Almost Famous (Harlequin NASCAR #9)
  • Old Flame, New Sparks