Start by marking “Pawsitively in Love” as Want to Read:
Pawsitively in Love

Pawsitively in Love

What Austin Lloyd lacks in academics, he makes up for in his love of the animals who frequent his pet salon. He’s not lucky in romance, though, and his family would like him to settle down with a good man. Austin—and his golden retriever, Maggie—couldn’t agree more.

Evan Partridge isn’t good at letting people in. His messy family life and the past that’s shaped him aren’t w
Published March 4th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Pawsitively in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pawsitively in Love

.Lili.
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was-

Pawsitively in Love seemed like it was going to be a slam dunk. I am such a sucker for a book with dogs. Dogs will always make me want to read a book. LOL Add to that the fact that MJ O'shea wrote it and I was all in.

My hilghlights:

*Dexter, Evan's pet pug. He was the star of this book. He was endearing, and it was impossible not to fall in love him and want him as a family pet.
*Austin. His love for animals and gentle nature made him instantly attracted me to his character.
*Maggie,
Kristan
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was ok

Would it be a bad thing if I said that I like the animals in this book a hell of a lot more than I liked the people?

Well, maybe not Austin; his patience and love of animals make him awesome. He has a very supportive family, but self-doubt often nudges him, and he sometimes feels that people would think more highly of him if he'd gotten a college degree. He still has a successful pet grooming business, and it's there that he meets Evan and the absolutely scene-stealing pug, Dexter.

description

Evan's
Jaime
3 stars to Pawsitively in love -- Evan and Austin are 2 MC who love their doggies but the book seemed kind of one dimensional and lacked the FEELZ I need to really get into a book. I found myself rolling my eyes a lot in this book and when Evans sister showed up, she didn't portray depression or mental illness but rather a spoiled bitch woman who throws fits and Evan who is spineless and let's her walk all over him. If she was suppose to have some form of mental illness then it was missed by a m ...more
Vallie
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay-book-reviews, mm

Ugh, why book, whyyyyyyy???? We were getting along so weeeeeell!

Insert ugly cry face here, because this book frustrated me to no end. I was having so much fun, reading along and enjoying the budding relationship between Evan and Austin, and then bam! Everything went haywire. Again, whyyyyyyyyyy????

So Austin was having a relatively difficult day at his pet salon –damn you Annabelle, when in walked Evan. Hot hot hot Evan, who was late to pick up his lovely baby pug, Dexter. Let’s just say the firs
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Pawsitively in Love is a cute new romance novel by M.J. O’Shea, author of Rock Bay, one of my favorite gay romance series. Although the title would lead you to the conclusion that it’s very light and entirely angst free, the book actually has several darker moments and a lot of issues for our two heroes to deal with.

Austin is a fantastic romance hero, open and earnest, with nothing to hide. He has a lovely family and a fantastic group of friends, and if he occasionally suffers from insecurity c
Sandra
3.5 stars.

M.J. O'Shea has an engaging writing style. I immediately adored Austin, owner of a pet salon, and somewhat socially awkward when it comes to hunky men who may or may not be intentionally late picking up their pug.

I had reservations about Evan almost as immediately. Where Austin is open and honest (even when red-faced), I got the feeling that Evan wasn't as honest with Austin in return.

Sure, we find out why over the course of the book, but for almost the entire book, I felt as if Evan
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

Austin is a sweet guy with slightly low self-esteem who falls for Evan, an emotionally closed-off guy. Evan's family life wasn't optimal, and his younger sister, Nell, plays a starring role in making his life more difficult with her wild mood swings and her constant need for attention. When Nell shows up on Evan's doorstep she makes life so difficult for Evan and despises Austin so thoroughly that Evan puts the breaks on the best thing that's ever happened to either of them. Then it's about pull
Sheri
I'm bummed.
I should have enjoyed this.
I tried.
I liked the guys enough but...and this is a big BUT...I couldn't stand Evan's sister.
I mean, seriously! Della ruined this book for me.
Ugh.
Two cute guys.
Two cute pups.
And they were washed away in the horridness of Della.
Keri
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, 2016, favorite
Pawsitively in Love was just positively perfect which just happens to be Austin’s business of Pawsitively Purrfect Pet Salon. This story of Austin and Evan was just that. An upbeat, comedic at times, keeps you smiling and most definitely makes you want to snuggle with fur-babies story. The secondary characters were a perfect blend of all personalities that complimented and balanced each other well.

Austin and Evan were a great couple together. Austin was very patient with Evan while Evan figured
Lena Grey
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” ~ Rumi

Having your own business is great, but it's a lot of hard work and can be overwhelming. Austin, of 'Pawsitively in Love ' by M.J. O'Shea, loves animals and is good at his job. Evan Partridge brings Dexter, his dog, in for a bath. When Evan returns to pick up Dexter, Austin is fuming. It is way past closing time when Evan finally shows up, and Austin takes his fr
Aerin
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m
There once was a little baby Pug called Dexter, and he was the most precious puppy ever! This little dude took everything in stride, from being the last one to be picked up from the groomer's, to getting his fur decorated with markers by a 3 year old, to getting accidentally shaved; this little dude loved anyone and everyone and he wanted nothing more than to be loved on and cuddled.

In fact, I loved Dexter so much (not to mention admired him for his ability to see the cup always half full inste
justanya
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, where do I start?
I love M.J. O'Shea. She is one of those few writers that consistently deliver books full of the feelz. I'm always happy whenever I see she has a new book. She is also one of the very few authors who's books I buy without reading the summary first. Yeah, I think she's that good :)

Well there has to be a first time for everything right? This is the first O'Shea book that just didn't do it for me. The angst felt forced. The conflict felt forced. And the driving force
Serena Yates
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2016
We all know how depressing, or sometimes infuriating, a bad day can be. This story begins with both main characters having had doozies of horrible days, and reacting rather out of character because of it. Frankly, I was amazed they ever spoke to each other again after their first encounter, and think a lot of that has to do with their dogs. Once the initial anger cools off and some of the confusion is cleared up, they still haven’t gotten an easy time of it. Both men are dedicated to their caree ...more
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Feb 04, 2016 marked it as no-thanks
Such a bummer to put this on my no-thanks shelf! MJ is usually an auto buy for me, and I love da puppies, but the reviews are so lackluster I think I'm going to have to skip this one.
Susan
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2017
I was really enjoying this when it ended very abruptly. Although I didn't need everything tied up neatly to be satisfied, I did feel that there was an awful lot that was left hanging.
Sara
I love dogs. I love dudes who love dogs and I love dudes who love dogs who fall in love with other dudes who love dogs. In other words, I loved this story.

Told from dual POV’s we meet  Austin Lloyd, the owner of Pawsitively Purrfect Pet Salon and he is having a craptastic day with a troublesome employee and Houdini style dog. When his day finally ends and it's time to close the shop, Austin is left with one adorable Pug puppy who hasn't been picked up.  Austin immediately comes to the conclusion
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

Austin Lloyd is a cutie. He’s also smart and ambitious, and though he didn’t go to college, he owns his dog-grooming business, Pawsitively Purrfect. After a long, stressful day, when the owner of a pug puppy fails to show up to claim him, Austin is spitting mad and takes it out on the owner as soon as the guy arrives after closing time.

Evan Partridge is a dark-haired, good-looking colle
Joyfully Jay
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I liked this story. The characters were cute and well developed. The dogs were super cute and gave the story a little something extra. However it was not without a few small problems that brought down the enjoyment of it for me.

First and foremost we have two great characters. I liked both Austin and Evan a lot. I felt we got to know them well, and that they showed us all their layers. Austin was a sweetheart with a huge heart, and though he has some small insecuriti
Morgan  Skye
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Austin is an adorable Pet Salon owner who ends up making a horrible first impression on the buttoned-up professor, Evan.

With some well stated apologies the two agree to be friends and a fun and fast friendship develops with a side-dose of flirting.

Everyone loves Evan and Austin together, but Evan balks due to his past.

Eventually, Evan’s attraction for Austin can’t be denied and he gives in and life is wonderful for a few short weeks… then disaster strikes in the form of his sister. Can their fle
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2016-reads
3.5 Stars

*copy provided by author/publisher via Divine Magazine in exchange for an honest review*

Evan and Austin are both having a bad day when they meet, so the first meeting doesn't shine a pretty light on either of them, especially Austin, who's a complete asshat! When they run into one another again it goes much better, as Austin apologizes for being said asshat.

I read the blurb, and couldn't wait to dig in, I loved the first 75% or so, even if it did move slow, but it was the last part tha
Relly
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-2016-reads, 3-stars
Ending was disappointing

3 Stars
I liked this one till the last third of the book.
I liked that Austin and Evan didn't get off to a good start and then slowly progressed from there. Watching Evan open up was wonderful.
I didn't like the sister storyline and I felt that the ending was rushed and abrupt.
I have always enjoyed MJ's books, but the ending of this one made a 3.5 star book back to just 3
Sylvia
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

I just Loved Dexter&Maggie ♡.
This story just missed the feels.
what ruined it for me was Evans 30 year old sister Dela who has mental "issues" doesn't like to work or share Evan with other friends she just sucks all your energy and time.
The HEA could have been better
Auraya
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
What just happend? I...It felt like I was just in the middle of the book and suddenly it ends!?... it couldve been 4 stars... now its maybe a 2.5...
Erebia
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Meh. MJ's worst book so far. Felt more like Andrew Grey.
Katy Beth Mckee
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, animals-vets
Austin is a smart business man but he gets off on the wrong foot with Evan from the beginning. Evan also makes him feel a bit inadequate. But Evan has his own insecurities and family problems. Together they work well but have to learn to trust enough to work over the rough patches. It seemed touch and go for bit in the story and you could really feel their angst as they both try to decide what should come next.
Michael
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Evan and Austin. The story is cute, A typical love story. Boy meets boy. They fall in love. There is a hiccup, and separate. Won’t spoil what happens at the end. They each have a dog and I like how the story incorporates them throughout. I do like the authors writing style as this is the second book of hers I have read.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars ~ Austin has started his own business—a pet salon that he has lovingly and exhaustively nurtured through its first few years and is finally seeing a profit. So when he has a difficult day and his last client of the day shows up late, it’s understandable when he gives the guy a tongue-lashing. But Austin is not happy with his behavior and goes back and forth before he finally contacts the man to apologize. Evan doesn’t do “dating,” and he even finds it difficult to have friendships with ...more
Vicki
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrowed, m-m
1.5

This book aggravated me to no end...I'm honestly surprised I finished. So many things bothered me but I kept thinking it would get better. Moving on.
Tori Thompson
Puppy! I want a Dexter….

Evan is a teacher, puppy owner, brother, loner, and a hot mess. He’s recently moved to Tacoma Washington, really to escape his sister, and gotten a job as a professor. He’s also recently gotten a pug puppy named Dexter who he takes to a little local dog grooming salon owned by Austin. Unfortunately Evan is late to pick up Dexter from his grooming appointment, and Austin is in a crap mood. Austin takes it out on Evan, insulting him, and sending him packing. Austin, who has
ItsAboutTheBook
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksmitten
Review can be read at It's About The Book

Despite Austin Lloyd being the only one in his family not to go to college, he owns his own successful business – Pawsitively Purrfect Pet Salon. He loves his work and the animals he clips, washes and grooms daily.

Evan Partridge was more than happy to use a job offer teaching cultural anthropology at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington as an opportunity to escape his hometown in New Mexico. He’s settling into his new life away from his

• Until I Found You
  • Running Blind
  • When It's Right (Mile High Romance #1)
  • The Tail of a Dog
  • Remy’s Painter (Werewolves of Manhattan, #2)
  • A Still, Small Voice
  • Hairy Harry's Car Seat (Lyon Road Vets, #1)
  • Dinner for One (The Carlisles #1)
  • The Cattle Baron's Bogus Boyfriend
  • Stripped Clean (The Escapade #1)
  • Forever Home
  • Ace in the Hole (Wild Cards, #1)
  • Cover Up (Toronto Tales, #2)
  • Making Waves (Wrench Wars, #4)
  • Add Love and Mix
  • Last Mechanic Standing (Wrench Wars, #1)
  • Tiger Tricks (Amberly, #1)
  • The Cake (Elemental Superpowers, #1)
MJ O’Shea has never met a music festival, paintbrush, or
flower crown she can stay away from. She loves rainstorms
and a perfect cup of tea, beach days, music, bright colors, and
more than anything a cozy evening with a really great book.

She is from the Pacific Northwest. While she still lives there
and loves it, MJ has the heart of a wanderer. So she puts all
her dreams of far off places and extraordi