Start by marking “Ascendance (Dominion, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ascendance (Dominion, #4)

Ascendance

(Dominion #4)

Four months of people trying to kill Seiran Rou and his vampire lover Gabe Santini has put a strain on their relationship. Seiran is overwhelmed by his upcoming graduation as the first male to ever come from the magic studies program, and something is off with Gabe. He's more closed off, fast to anger, and spending a lot of time with Sam—who happens to look a lot like Seir ...more
Published January 27th 2016 by Lissa Kasey (first published November 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ascendance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ascendance

Mandapanda
I've been reading some really good mainstream UF recently and this book suffered by comparison which meant it got a lower rating than I might normally give.

These Dominion stories seem to be getting shorter with each release. In this volume there is nothing added to the original world building and nothing unique, creative or amazing added to the Dominion 'verse. The overarching storyline about the growing power of male witches, the Ascendance/Dominion conflict, the Vampire Council, and Gabe &
Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Review:
This was another good book in the Dominion series, and this time it was back in Seiran's POV.

Much like the other books, this one was fairly slow-paced and focused on the characters for most of the book, especially Seiran's relationship with Gabe and Seiran's mental health, but there was a general feeling of something being wrong, and then right near the end, the bad guy showed up and things happened. Also like the other books, even though there was a small problem in Seiran and G
SueM
A fine return to my favorite couple in this series, particularly as we learn more about Sei's developing powers and better yet, we learn a lot more about his father, and exactly why he died. Loved it!
Neko
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
q(*≧∇≦)pq(≧∇≦*)p
Done.
...and wow!!!
WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE COMING?!! lol

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SIMPLY MUST HAVE THIS ASAP!!!!!
I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THIS RELEASE!! Eeek!
Susan65
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one seemed to be a bit more on the humourous side and not as angsty. Gotta love chicken eating fairies.
Ami

Hmmm, I'm not very impressed with this latest installment of the Dominion series. I think my issue comes from a similar place that of MandyM.

For me, for an ongoing series (with characters that are the same from the beginning) to stay appealing, they have to keep moving forward, either with characters development or having plots that getting stronger/more complicated. Especially in the world of urban fantasy/paranormal series. Because that way, I will know that the author has a plan wi
Christy
It was with no small measure of trepidation that I began 'Ascendance', book four in Lissa Kasey's 'Dominion' series. Make no mistake, I love this series and all of its fascinating characters and plot lines. I just wasn't sure if my heart could handle Sei being almost killed again, or Gabe, or Kelly, or Jamie. Every time I turn around, something is trying to off one of my guys! Lissa, I adore you, but can you give a girl a break, please? *grins*

Is there something wrong with me that I adore Sei's
Heather C
I thought this story was VERY boring...and I was loving this series. Seiran was whiny and annoying. Gabe was an ass. Too much sleeping and dreaming was putting me to sleep. Think I would rather read about Sam.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This book is part of a series and must be read in order. Sei is surprised when he discovers that his father had left a house for him, but it comes at a time when he needs space, Gabe seems more interested in spending time with Sam, and Kelly and Jamie are settling well in their new relationship, so he packs his bags and boards a plane without telling anyone. Sei discovers a great many secrets about his family
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I really enjoy this series. I was so happy to see Sei and Gabe again, even though they are going through some things in this book. I loved how this one takes on a different direction learning more about Sei's parents and his powers. This one puts into play Sei's Pillar powers which easily sets the way for future books.

All of the favorite characters are back, Kelly, Jamie, etc., but we are also introduced to a few new ones, namely Bryar, who I am excited to read more about.

This story is well wri
Lady*M
Almost, but not quite 4 stars.

In a middle of Minneapolis winter, Seiran has trouble dealing with the changes in his life, mainly his graduation and uncertain future and Gabe's time spent mentoring Sam. It seems to him that everyone else has someone to spend their time with and even earth he bonds with is dormant, so he feels lonely, jealous and frustrated. When his uncle leaves him his father's house in California, Sei walks away from everyone and goes to explore his family history.

Ascendance is
Urbanista
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am absolutely obsessed with this series. Sigh. Why do my favorite authors write such short books? Is it because they take the time to craft beautifully written prose, develop compelling characters, and take us unexpected places?

I can hardly stand for male witch Seiran Rou to be victimized anymore! In Ascendance, he is tired of it too. He's also still extremely high-maintenance, terribly coddled, yet kind, good-hearted and generous. His vampire boyfriend Gabe, is spending too much time with rog
Joyfully Jay
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Ascendance is the fourth book in Lissa Kasey’s Dominion series and I am continuing to enjoy Seiran and Gabe’s story. This one follows on from the aftermath of Conviction with Gabe mentoring the newbie vampire Sam. We can see our guys are having trouble communicating and Sei in particular is at loose ends. I liked this way this story takes us deeper into Seiran’s history as we learn along with him about the father he never knew. We also get to see a bit of a differen
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I really enjoyed this one but then again, I really love this series. In this one we learn more about Sei's power as a pillar and his family on his dad's side.

Sei was a bit more whiny than usual and he made some very rash decisions which sort of pushes Gabe away. What I really liked about this one, though, is how we got to see more into the side of Sei's family he really doesn't know about. We got to see his dad through journals and dreams and such which was awesome because we even got to see hi
Marsha Spence
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-para
Excellent installment in the Dominion series. I adore Sei and Gabe and Jamie and Kelly. Just a wonderful story that keeps my interest from start to finish. I reread this series often and am already anxiously awaiting the next one!
Nightcolors
I'm really looking forward to meeting Sei's babies.
Lissa
Oct 10, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it.
alex
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the whole book today I thought it was great just too short I hope the author continues with the story without a time skip and I want to say thank you.
Tamarrion Lash
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Миленько, но надрыв предыдущих книг уже закончился. И то - сколько можно мучить несчастного Сейрана, дайте ему уже свадьбу и многащастя. Но, чувствуется, ждет нас еще не одно продолжение.
Kathleen

Wow, quite the roller coaster ride for a short novel. Wonderful bounce-back from the disappointing #3 Conviction. Seiran inherits his father’s estate, hops a flight to California without telling anyone, and gets a whole lot more than he ever bargained for. Vampire illusionists, a father’s secrets, garden fairies, unimaginable power, and bodies in the backyard, just to name few. I thoroughly enjoyed this suspenseful yet romantic addition to the series, and am terribly disappointed that
Alisha
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I needed this!! Absolutely needed this! This book was by far the best from the series. I need the next one. My heart hurts. God, all the good series have yet to finished :(
Julesmarie
I was underwhelmed enough with book 3 that I decided to read reviews for this one beforehand so I could better prepare myself.

Maybe reading several reviews about how disappointing this one was, and how none of the major story lines progressed any lowered my expectations TOO far. Because this ended up being my favorite of the series so far!

Yes, Seiran running away was juvenile (as was the fight he had with Sam, but I ended up appreciating even that mostly pointless scene because I got to see him
Adara
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one I really enjoyed. Sei inherits a house from his father (after his uncle, the custodian, dies) and finds a dark magic fairy ring in the backyard which the Ascendance has been using to augment the powers of young male witches, to force the Dominion to treat them as equals. The Ascendance is waaaay off track from the organization's original goals, and it becomes Sei's job, with some help, to get them going the right direction again.

Of course, there are some who would rather see him dead,
Annie
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mouse
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the disaster of the last book in this series, I was worried. I'll admit. Especially when in the sample it repeated things three and four times. That is frustrating because it would have been easily fixable with a reread and/or an editor. :(

However, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. it was a great romp. The series is back on track. I LOVE Sei.
Jen
The author definitely does best writing from Seiran's perspective. This was an excellent book in the series. There were some disjointed spots where it seemed like a chunk was edited out and the position of characters in the scene didn't flow right, but the ideas in this one were very interesting and entertaining.
Susinok
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is amazingly good. Any fans of fantasy, paranormal romance, or urban fantasy should pick this up and read it. Right now!
Louan
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wish it had been twice as long, never wanted it to end.
Sagajo
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I am sucker for magic, vampires and fairies.
Lb
Apr 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
The continuation of the story. I really liked Sei at the beginning but learning about Gabe has been nice.
Dreamspinner Press: Ascendance by Lissa Kasey 2 66 Nov 08, 2012 03:33PM
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Lesser Evils (Infected #6)
  • Songs of the Earth (Sumeria's Sons #2)
  • Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #2)
  • Crimson Mate (Of Blood and Spirit #1)
  • Crucible of Fate (Change of Heart, #4)
  • Blood and Alchemy (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #11)
  • Three Fates
  • Moonlight (Pact Arcanum, #3)
  • Broken Wings
  • Blood in the Sand (Sanguis Noctis, #2)
  • Dawn of Darkness (Daeva, #1)
Lissa Kasey is more than just romance. She specializes in depth characters, detailed world building, and twisting plots to keep you clinging to your book reader. All stories have a side of romance, emotionally messed up protagonists and feature LGBTQA spectrum characters facing real world problems no matter how fictional the story.

Dominion (4 books)
  • Inheritance (Dominion #1)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Conviction (Dominion, #3)