Start by marking “Making Repairs: A Box of Nails Story” as Want to Read:
Making Repairs: A Box of Nails Story

Making Repairs: A Box of Nails Story

(Box of Nails #3)

Something terrible happened to Mike, and he’s been living in the attic of Devin and Barney’s house ever since. He’s shy, he’s scared and he cuts. Paul and Jeff do what they can to make sure his razors stay clean and that he’s fed, but they’re both worried that it’s not enough.

When Barney’s friend, police officer Angus, attends a summer party at the house, he catches sigh
Published February 2nd 2016 by Sean Michael (first published August 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Making Repairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Repairs

Start your review of Making Repairs: A Box of Nails Story
Emma Sea
+ very little "Yours" "Mine"
+ no penetrative sex
+ the food thing was toned down a bit
+ cutting

- not enough detail about the cutting. Glossed over too quickly. Let me look at the slices in Mike's skin, smell the blood. Please, please, couldn't Angus have licked the blood off Mike's skin?
- Mike has displaced Avery as Emperor of the Woobies. This cringeworthy complete lack of recovery (prior to Dom Angus's intervention, of course) was just too OTT for me
- I wanted to see Angus visit Mike's parents!
Purplegirl
This was a different one for Sean Michael but I enjoyed it. No sex every other page which is a departure from the norm. I usually am not one for using BDSM to deal with mental issues but I do overlook it in her books because a majority of them are like that and I just can't stop reading them.

The basic premise was the same...broken sub...strong Dom presence that was made for said sub...lots of one word sentence...etc. I eat it up every time.

Mike was a sweetheart and I like how she brought his con
Serena Yates
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, bdsm-and-d-s
It was great to finally get Mike’s story. After his brief appearances in the first two books of the ‘Box of Nails’ series, I have to admit I was both curious about him and very worried. Being shy is not a problem, but he is clearly scared of simply everyone and everything, and the fact that he cuts is not really a good sign. Paul and Jeff (from book two), do the best they can to be his friends and to take care of him, but it doesn’t seem to be enough. Mike needs much more than good friends, and ...more
K
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
being generous with the two stars
This is the third book in the "Hammer Lite" series and centres on Mike, thr extrrmely daged young man who lives in the attic. Mile was subject to a horrific rape and abuse some years before and as a result appears to suffer from PTSD and agrophobia. He is terrified of leaving the attic he lives in and meeting anyone. He also cuts himself to make the mental pain he suffers from bearable.

Enter Angus, a police officer who sees Mike one day when visiting the house.
Leah
I just can't resist this. So ashamed...I'll get over it. We all have our book vices.

The writing in this might not be worthy of 4 stars but Ms. Michaels stepping out of the same bullshit kinks into blood play, self harm, and reducing the gratuitous sex scenes gets a standing ovation from me!
The usual elements are embedded throughout: your own, mine, blah blah but are also toned down.

This is one of my kinks *atomic SQUEE* and while I would've loved more detail and more realism I didn't hate it.
Charly
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ends too soon

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 6/10

PROS:
- I like that there’s overlap with the characters from the earlier “Box of Nails” stories--Barney and Devon from This Old House and Jeff and Paul from This Young Stud.
- Angus is a perfect angel of a character. A Captain America sort of cop with a heart of gold. And he has an answer for every excuse Mike throws at him.
- I found Mike’s habit of self-harm rather fascinating. Not so much the habit i
Serena Yates
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Leigh
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is part of a series and should be read in order.
This book is very different from others written by Sean Michael. There is a very low sexual content for one. This is also a look at another side BDSM that I do not read about much, blood play.

After reading this I needed to take a few moments to really think about what I read. The story is definitely not for the faint of heart. It deals with some very serious issues.

Mike has made appearances in the last two books in this series. His story
Phetra Novak
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this series so far. I have read all 3 books in matter of 2 days and this last one is my favorite. Angus and Mike are amazing together, the way Angus knows how to reach out for Mike when he needs it the most without him getting scared and running away. I love how brave Mike is even though he is so frighten and hurt by his past.

My absolute favorite part is the near ending when Mikes bravery shines through everything. Where you finally see the end result of his own hard work together w
Donna
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-bytes, m-m
Mike has spent the last three years living in the attic in Devin and Barney’s house. No TV, no phone, no radio and as little contact with other people as possible. This has been the only life he could tolerate since the night he was beaten and gang raped at a frat party. In fact he plans to die in that house because there is no possible way he will ever be able to go outside. So, if he’s so afraid even inside the house that he only leaves his attic every few months…wtf was he doing wandering aro ...more
Sarina
I'm so glad we finally got Mike's story! It really broke my heart to see how badly he was hurting in the previous two books. In this story, we meet Angus, a friend of Barney's who sees Mike at a barbeque and finds himself determined to help him heal. There is no quick fix to Mike's problems, especially with how he was hurt in the past and yes, you will find out exactly what happened. With Mike's trauma, the pace of the book is slow but that's exactly how it should be. Also, there is a little bit ...more
Lois - Who Reads
Mike is deeply damaged, scared of everything after a particularly ugly crime is committed against him. He won't leave his house and uses cutting as a way to relieve the pain. So instead of getting him help, his friends let him stay by himself in an attic and spiral downward. When Angus meets Mike he decides that he is going to take care of this poor damaged man by . . . cutting him. Seriously, no mental health help, no working to make Mike heal, just an offer to do the cutting. I kept reading ho ...more
Lizzie
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this one was different from the ususal fare. Namely, no sex scene every other page, which is saying a lot for this author. Not that that's a problem, I always enjoy Sean Michaels writing. However, this delves into a deeper issue of self-harm. Blood-play would never be my kink and not one I would particularly be interested in reading, but this was woven into the story very well. Though it's a major point in this story, it's not the sole focus. The growing trust being built between the MC's is ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
At the cusp of manhood Mike’s character is violated so cruelly it completely destroys his self-worth. Thankfully he is in a home where love, kindness, and friendship are freely given no matter how much or little he is able to return. His feelings and fears are so raw and jagged it tears you up to see how hard even the simplest tasks are for him. Fortunately Angus is a big man, filled to the brim with love and understanding, and if anyone can pull Mike back from the brink it will be him.
Lototy
Rev
Gina Marie ~books are my drug of choice~
Intense but true

I was a bit hesitant about reading this one as a trauma survivor with a history of cutting and agoraphobia but it was so well handled I was impressed. I definitely would not recommend that anyone who is still easily triggered read this book. It isn't terribly graphic but those with triggers could still be at the very least knocked off balance.
This book focuses on a very specific area of bdsm which can allow a Dom to help an abused cutter deal safely. I'm not sure that things wou
Katy Beth Mckee
Sweet story of Angus finding what he wants and Mike getting what he needs. They work together to bring trust and healing. Mike has gone through so much but when a crisis arises Mike is able to meet the challenge.
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, series
I found it quite disturbing that the psychologically disturbed Mike is not encouraged to go into therapy. BDSM, or more specifically blood play, is never going to be a recognised treatment for cutting.
Love Bytes Reviews
This book was reviewed by Donna for Love Bytes Reviews!
Riayl
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, romance, bdsm
Major brownie points for a character that self-harms and is NOT written as the evil, insane, homicidal, bad guy who has tortured and killed a bunch of people.
Maggie
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 3.5
Gigi
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-bdsm
Blood play, insta-love, MC with an outrageously low self esteem. Not my speed at all. If that flips your lid, you will enjoy this. If not, stay away.

Cannot recommend.
Lny_thmpsn
Sep 17, 2014
Carol Joyce
Sep 11, 2014
Saioa
Oct 02, 2015
Felicity
rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2015

• Master's New Pet 3
  • Master's New Pet 1
  • Gilded Cages
  • His Accidental Daddy
  • Serving Mr. Chamberlain (Different Hearts, #3)
  • Fixing Little Red (Different Hearts, #2)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Caring for Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • Recipe for Two
  • Family Recipe
  • Undisclosed Desires (Undisclosed, #1)
  • Wesley (Leashes & Lace, #6)
  • Untamed Christmas (Untamed, #1.5)
  • Worth the Risk
  • Master Toby
  • Already Home (Finding Home #4)
  • Close to Home (Finding Home #3)
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more

Box of Nails (4 books)
  • This Old House (Box of Nails, #1)
  • This Young Stud (Box of Nails, #2)
  • Jack of All Trades (Box of Nails, #4)

News & Interviews