Start by marking “Freedom Fighters (Redfall #2)” as Want to Read:
Freedom Fighters (Redfall #2)

Freedom Fighters

(Redfall #2)

Gold Medal Winning Author in the 2016 Readers' Favorite International Book Contest for Dystopia Novels

When the red rain stops, will civilization survive?

As militant groups arm themselves and take to the streets, survivalist Simon Redfall and his band of freedom fighters scramble to uncover more facts about the swarm of red storms suffocating the planet.

The more they dig, t
Published February 27th 2016 by BookBreeze.com LLC

Start your review of Freedom Fighters (Redfall #2)
Martha
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is continued action and forward plot movement in this second book that provides solid entertainment. My rating 4.25.

This installment picks up where the first book ended and I do recommend reading book one first. The story follows seven important characters or groups.

Simon is helping Tally and the other teens at Pandora take precautions for safer survival. The kids have pulled together materials to a make a Faraday cage for their computer room. While they are working on this, a young man wa
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi
Although some of the authors plots can be a bit of a standard concept in most books and movies these days, Falconer knows how to add enough twist to make his books stand out from the mass. Even when I was starting to doubt his ability to have new ideas on old plots, he surprised me every single time!

This being the third book I've read of his, I think it's safe to say I really like his writing style. He packs it so full of action, it's almost non-stop. The climaxes in the book are often, with ver
Brandon
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shtf-teotwawki
Freedom Fighters has probably the most original depiction of an EMP attack I've read yet. Falconer does a great job of keeping an interesting story moving in even more interesting directions. He also does a great job of balancing character development with plot events, the story never really slows too far to become boring.

As for the story itself, things are happening fast and blowing up big. I can't even really mention any of it without ruining the multiple surprises, but I'll just say what happ
BookLoversLife
I devoured book 1 and couldn't wait to jump into this one!! Well, this was as good, if not better, than book 1. Action packed, edge of your seat, exciting and addicting read!!!!

This starts where book 1 left off and we are drawn into the action straight away. Simon is helping the gang at Pandora set up a faraday cage because he knows that something may happen to the electronics and wants them to be safe. While this is ongoing, someone approaches the house saying they have been sent from Tally’s b
Pam Shelton-Anderson
There is a lot of action in this book and I do find the mystery as to who is causing this destruction and why to be very interesting. There is a bit of anti-left bias in the story which is mildly annoying and I also do not think that Lancaster county, Pennsylvania is located where the author seems to think. And yeah...I'm glad I make it a rule to never eat or drink any unsolicited items received in the mail.
Tim Longanacre
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun read...but technology heavy, but great combination...

Enjoyed the combination of survival genre and tech thriller...also like the idea that every person in the world doesn't have unlimited funds and a thousand weapons.
Richard
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: syfy
Tally’s panicking and hysteria was VERY annoying.
Sonny
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually took me about a week to read through this (I forgot to log it on Goodreads). Not a bad survival story, I liked it better than the first one.
Joseph
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book but definitely leaves you hanging at the end! This series is also know by the title Lethal Rain
Lauri
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: end-after
Nice continuation of the story. Language and sex details did nothing for the story 😏
Brian's Book Blog
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Follow Simon and his teenage counterparts as they search for more answers to who is behind the red rain

4.5 out of 5 stars

I will try my best not to write any major spoilers to the first book, but I make no promises since this is a direct continuation. Characters who are alive or not may be mentioned. If you have not read the first book, I would recommend you do so before you begin to read this review.

Redfall: Freedom Fighters picks up where the first Redfall book leaves off. The kids from Pandora
Sabrina
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent sequel to the first 'Redfall' book by Mr. Falconer.

With many different characters with alternating points of view, the story continues in a fast-paced whirlwind! The red rain is falling and more people are not acting like they normally would..... What exactly is happening to the weather and the world?

Simon Redfall and his team of youngsters find more questions than answers in what is going on in the world. When an unexpected visitor shows up at the farm, more loss of life is coming.
RJ
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
The red rain continues to fall and our team of "freedom fighters" continue to look for cause and effect. Then the color spectrum goes from red to pink and the world witnesses an intense and colorful lightening storm; essentially a gigantic light show. Anti-gravity effect made itself known and everything not nailed down, including people, floated 12 inches into the air. As suddenly as it started it stopped. The sun came out and the sky returned to its usual blue. Is it over? Heck no, read on. A c ...more
Trisha
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Different Kind of Dystopian

These are fantastic books and I can't wait for the third installment. The only criticism I have is the author's obvious Republican bias and dislike for President Obama. That's incredibly annoying and pops me out of the book. Otherwise I would have given a 5 star rating, as these are some of the best written dystopian novels I've come across. The premise is refreshing and different than anything I've read previously.
Larry Burke
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very good series so far

Well written. Endearing characters and evil gets handled. Fast and easy read. If you like dystopian fiction, highly recommend.
Ready for third book.
Jesse Deleon
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5Stars for excitement!

Thank you Jay J. Falconer for this series so far. I have given it 5 Stars for excitement as I'm waiting for more adventure reading.
Debbie Rowsey
May 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Elk Meadows
  • The Blood Hounds
  • The Trader: West To The Stony Mountains (The Tale of the Trader Book 1)
  • Bloody Trail of the Mountain Man
  • Jurassic Jail (Time Wars Book 1)
  • Hideaway
  • All That Rises (Lone Survivor #4)
  • Preston Lewis Western Collection 2
  • Standing at the Edge (The Last Brigade, #3)
  • Riding Fence: A Classic Western Adventure
  • Bullets at Sunset
  • Mocking Bird Creek
  • Dark Trail (The McAllister Series Book 3)
  • We Are Holding the President Hostage
  • Bordertown Trouble (Snake and the Dog-Man Book 1)
  • Ruby Ringo
  • Snake Breed
  • No Good Deed (Mark Taylor, #1)
Jay J. Falconer is an award-winning screenwriter and USA Today Bestselling Author whose books have hit #1 on Amazon in Action & Adventure, Military Sci-Fi, Post-Apocalyptic, Dystopian, Terrorism Thrillers, Technothrillers, Military Thrillers, Young Adult, and Men's Adventure fiction. He lives in the high mountains of northern Arizona where the brisk, clean air and stunning views inspire his day.

W

Redfall (2 books)
  • Fight for Survival (Redfall #1)