Start by marking “Killing the Sun: Part 1” as Want to Read:
Killing the Sun: Part 1

Killing the Sun: Part 1

(Killing the Sun)

****WARNING****

KILLING THE SUN is a collaborative novel by K. Larsen and Mara White.
KTS is not a ROMANCE
KTS is not ROMANTIC
This book features a non-linear time line, some violence as well as graphic sex.
Do not read this book if you don’t like antiheroes.
Do not read this book if sexual sadism makes you uncomfortable.
Do not read this book if you don’t like dubious consent.
Do
Published June 7th 2016 by K Larsen

To ask other readers questions about Killing the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing the Sun

Candace
'Killing the Sun' is a collaborative work by Mara White and K. Larsen. Before now, I'd never read anything by Ms. White, although I have enjoyed many of Ms. Larsen's works. I will definitely be looking for more of Ms. White's work in the future.

In 'Killing the Sun: Part 1' we meet Aimee Olsen, a young twenty-something that has returned to New York City from San Francisco, deciding to return to her boyfriend of over six years, Danny. Why did she ever leave? Well, here's the kicker -- He's marrie
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
sym·bi·o·sis n. (pl. -ses ) [BIOLOGY] interaction between two different organisms living in close physical association, typically to the advantage of both.
That is a perfect word to describe the relationship of Danny MontClair and Aimee Olson.
He's a wealthy nefarious Businessman, she's a student
He's almost fifty and she's all of nineteen.
He's a worldly wise married man , she's a naive dollface beauty.
The twain shouldn't have met, but one look at her in the dockyards and Danny is smitten. He lust
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Mara White and K. Larsen put their heads together for a book, I know I am in for a ride!!!
This one is no exception.

Aimee, young innocent, very gullible, addicted to Danny.
Danny, 50 years old, married, bossman, total dick.

Can not wait for part 2!!!
CC

description

Aimee Olsen is a small town girl raised by an impoverished family. Learning to live simply was their only option, especially after a certain event changes how her family is perceived in their community. In hopes of starting a new life, Aimee sets out for New York City where she meets a man that offers a sense of security. While Aimee isn’t materialistic, he introduces her to new experiences and she feels fortunate for finding such a nurturing boyfriend.

“You are so vulnerable, and I feel like i
R.L. Griffin
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
You know how you can tell if a book is amazing? If there are no characters you love or relate to you and you still cannot not put the book down. Every page draws you in a little closer to figuring things out, you think. I devoured this book by these two authors that have become my personal dream team of authors. I want to listen in on their plotting, I want to hear how this all comes together in a way that is gritty and raw. It's not a romance so please don't go into it wanting a pretty little s ...more
Sunny
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Sunshine Stars!

This book is 1. Not a romance. 2. Not a traditional HEA. 3. A serial novel. 4. Switches back and forth from past to present. All things I don't typically go for. But Killing the Sun is my absolute favorite read of 2016, in spite of those things. No, maybe BECAUSE of those things. These authors forced me out of my comfortable little box and I loved every single minute of it.

KTS is not a romance, but it does HAVE romance. And sex. And love. KTS isn't a typical HEA, but the ending
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, these two together certainly write intriguing books that have you really using your grey matter to try and read between the lines. This is the first in a series and definitely whets your appetite for what is to come. For a serial this was a really decent length too so certainly gives you flavour of what is to come. Cannot wait for the next one. (full review to come)
K. Webster
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
K. Larsen and Mara White, a dynamic writing duo, are back for an intense, mind-blowing, 'don't blink' kind of a thriller. Killing the Sun will keep you on your toes as it weaves a tale of love, hate, enemies, lovers, secrets, and lies. It's a nail-biter that'll have you devouring the pages in record time, only to leave you pouting for more when it comes to an end!
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cliffy, a NOT cliffy, but a mid conversation ending????? HOLY HELL! I was like "Where the fuck are the rest of the pages??."

I didn't relate with any of the characters, nor did I love them. But the writing style and the story itself definitely caught my attention.

To say, "I'm intrigued" is an understatement. I have no idea to where the authors are going with the story but I have this feeling that will be something else and I can't wait for it.

I will be here pouting till I get the next book.
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Okay I don't even know where to start with this! If you want something addictive, then read this. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. This book is not a romance, but there is plenty of sex; and in a way, it is strangely romantic, because of the heroine's hopeful outlook on relationships and love.

This is the story of young Aimee, who arrives in New York City from Oklahoma to start a new life. She meets Danny, a very powerful, much older man who sweeps her off her feet. There are several other
Grace
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
As book one of a novella trilogy, this novella serves as the set up. The story is told in both past and present, mostly from Aimee's POV, and occasionally from Danny.

In the past, we learn of Aimee's less than perfect home life.
An uncaring mother.
An alcoholic and abusive father
And two brothers who end up in prison.
I think there's a twist here, but I haven't figured it out yet.

The past introduces us to Danny. Aimee's sugar daddy.
I didn't like this guy from page one.
He's controlling and manipulativ
Nora Fresse
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read and loved Missed Connection by these 2 authors and it gutted me so I knew I wanted to read more from Mara & Katie. I wasn't sure what to expect with this one but I was intrigued.

I don't want to add spoilers but I will say the story reminded me of a naive little red riding who is lost and falls in the clutches of a bad wolf in sheep's clothing.

Aimee comes from a poor dysfunctional trailer park family and after a traumatic unspeakable event tears her family apart she leaves her hometown
*~* Susie
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, 2016
Great set up for the series. I have a feeling something huge is going to happen.
Lynne White
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
I'm not sure about this one. It was just ok for me. Kept waiting for something to happen. I didn't feel a connection with the characters. I'm hoping Aimee comes alive in book two. She has a ton of potential.
Wendy
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Killing the Sun is a different book from any I've read before. The main characters, Aimee and Danny, don't fit the traditional mold for a love story. Aimee had a tough life growing up and ran away to New York City to try to make a better life for herself. Danny was a self-made man, involved in sadistic fantasies and crime. Broken into 3 parts, Killing the Sun follows their story.

I had a little trouble staying focused in the beginning. The story line jumped from the present back to different time
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
"I'll do whatever you want me to, Danny."

A slow unravelling of a girl who is naive and ripe for the picking, perfect prey for the predators roaming the big city. Leaving her trailer trash upbringing to chase a dream of being something more Aimee is the stereotypical small town girl. A tragic back story teamed with high hopes leads her on a path of self destruction as she desperately clings to half truths and only sees what she wants to see. Until the stark reality of her day from is harshly reve
Jaime
It started off well but I sort of lost interest after a while and I probably won't read the second one. The ending annoyed me it just stopped mid conversation. It also ended at 89%.
Candace
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing read with unique characters! Can't wait for Parts 2 and 3!
Michelle
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utterly engrossing! I couldn't put this down and was left guess page after page. I simply cannot wait for the next installment. 5 HUGE stars
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
DNF @ 43%

NO, NO, NO. What the heck is this supposed to be about? The FMC is very annoying. I'm gonna leave him; I might leave him; I'm gonna run away; I'm gonna get a job somewhere else; I'm gonna f*%k the neighbour; I'm gonna f$^k the guy in the lift; I'm an airhead. OMG Worst FMC ever. NO rhyme or reason to her at all. What's the point of this book anyway? The MMC, Danny is on wife #2, and has children? WTF. He's a sugar daddy to her, that's it. She's a kept woman but it's taken her 6 years to
Coco.V
Jun 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on iBooks today (6/1/2018)!💝

****WARNING****

KILLING THE SUN is a collaborative novel by K. Larsen and Mara White.
KTS is not a ROMANCE
KTS is not ROMANTIC
Do not read this book if you don’t like antiheroes.
Do not read this book if sexual sadism makes you uncomfortable.
Do not read this book if you don’t like dubious consent.
Do not read this book if you are looking for a traditional HEA.
Do not read this book if you l
Kim BookJunkie

Aimee is in love with Danny, a married man 29 years older than her. He’s the only man she’s ever known or loved. With lots of hot sex, Larsen and White put a unique twist on the classic mistress tale. This book is definitely not the complete story though, ending with a major cliffhanger and lots of foreshadowing about what is to come. I look forward to seeing what happens to Aimee next!
Tyneshia
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is intriguing, addictive and I want more. I want to know more about the charcters and their story. It is like a jigsaw puzzle that I have not been given all the pieces to yet but the pieces I have got are dark, hot, complicated and gripping. This story has definetly captured my attention and I can not wait to read more
Crystal Spieker
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is not what you'd ever expect, the description by the authors is very true, however, don't let that scare you off. This was one of the best reads I've had. I loved that it was different, I loved that it made me think, I loved that it made me appreciate my life, but at the same time I was a little jealous of Aimee for her strength.

In part 1 we meet Aimee as she is now (26 years old) coming back to NYC after a short 6 months of trying to leave Danny. Danny is much older (50) and somehow
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews
Let me first say that this book just ends. Yes ends, mid sentence and you will definitely want to read the next instalment in this series.

We meet Danny, a shrewd business man, a manipulator, smooth talker and takes what ever and who ever he wants. At the age of 44 he stumbles across Aimee and is instantly smitten with her.
Aimee, a sweet naive 19 yr old who thinks the world of Danny until she finds out he is a cheater and dumps his arse. 6months she holds out for and it only takes one phone call
Caroline Ferriday
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read from these two authors and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The story is told through dual POV and it's told through Aimee and Danny and their story so far. The story is set is the past and the present, allowing you to see how the relationship began and how it ends up at the end of the first book.
I wanted to like Aimee, as she had been so through much in her life, especially with her family. But I just
Jessica Cox
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is a series you will need all three to get the full story. I was so intrigued by the Warning that this in not a HEA , so of course you have to read it. This is a story about Aimee who came from a trailer park in Oklahoma lived with her father who was killed by her twin brothers and they are on death row ( I think their is more to this )and her overweight depressed mother. Aimee at 19 decides to change her life and moves to NYC and starts a volatile relationship with business owner Dann ...more
Rosanna Ingram
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Aimee and Danny's story will suck you in from the beginning...and hang on, because it is quite the ride. This story had me stepping out of my comfort zone of romantic love stories, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Aimee had a very rough upbringing. Once she leaves home, she finds Danny. Their relationship is crazy, dark, and twisted. Their age difference, and the secret Danny is keeping from Aimee, makes for quite the story. There were parts of the story when I wanted to shake Aimee and tell her
Trisha
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read all three parts at once so this review is over the 3. This book was a page turner with all that happens throughout the story. You want to yell and scream at Aimee, then at Danny. This book is different than most books I have read because it is not a typical romantic story. I'm used to different bumps in the road or craziness, but this one definitely has some twist to it.

You can help but feel sorry for Aimee and what she endured as a child. Then you see Danny and think oh this is her knig
Misty Walker
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read as a book, not a series, so I’m reviewing that way. Just a warning.

Aimee Olsen flees to NYC and into Danny’s life under mystery and intrigue that keeps the reader constantly guessing and never quite knowing who is the one that is in the wrong. Danny is a shady guy that runs a shady business but Aimee isn’t honest either and the book unfolds from past to present and there is no knowing what is to come next.

This book is sizzling. Aimee and Danny are explosive, both positive and negative e
« previous 1 3 next »

• SNAP (The SNAP Trilogy #1)
  • We Were One Once (We Were One Once, #1)
  • Stolen (Stronger, #1)
  • Her Nowhere
  • Snuffed: Part One (Snuff #2)
  • Viole[n]t Obscurity (Violent, #1)
  • Agony
  • One Week (One Week Series, #1)
  • Broken (Voyeur Book 3)
  • The French Girl
  • Bend Me  (Absolution, #1)
  • Tingle
  • Trust
  • Unblocked - Episode One (Timber Towers Series Book 1)
  • Sweet Vengeance
  • The Fire Still Burns
  • Conflicting Hearts
  • Serial, Volume Three (Serial, #3)

I am an avid reader, coffee drinker, and chocolate eater who loves writing.

Come hang out with me