Start by marking “Grayson (This is Our Life Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Grayson (This is Our Life Series #1)

Grayson (This is Our Life #1)

Synopsis:
Growing up in the small coastal town of Florida, Grayson Blackwood has defied the odds stacked against him. Appearances on the outside can be very deceiving. Coming from a wealthy family with an abusive father that won’t ever change, he’s determined to be a better man. Grayson is fighting for his family, his country, and the only woman he’s ever loved.

Ella Anders
Published March 2016 by F.G. Adams

To ask other readers questions about Grayson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grayson

Jennifer Zamora
Mar 25, 2016 Jennifer Zamora rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE this story. My ONLY discord was that it was a 7 year gap.... I thought it was a little much. But that little detail aside it was absolutely wonderful!
Grayson and Ella have an undeniable attraction since the very first moment. 2 completely different people from 2 completely different lives.
Grayson spends most of his time not at school, avoiding his abusive father. His father who wants him to take over the ranch some day. And if possible his father will beat him, or his mother int
Sue
Mar 02, 2016 Sue rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of this one before final edits...but what I read was so good...it reminded me of a passionate romance like Nicholas Sparks would write and be made into a film, paired with an intense episode of Homeland. A family with a dark and violent history, the girl from the "wrong side of the tracks" and what spans over years and years from childhood to the deserts of the Middle East and back home again.
A sweetly funny and yet heartbreaking romance, mixed with a thr
Mindy
Mar 25, 2016 Mindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book.
It did take me a little bit to get into it but once I did it made up for it. Once I got into the book I understood why it covered so much of the teen years so I can't hold it against the book.
I loved getting to know all the characters. I can't wait to read more about them. I didn't want to leave them.
This book does have a little twist to it and I never saw it coming. I tried to figure it out and I didn't. Great job!!!
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews

First time for me reading this author(s) and it will not be the last.
I absolutely loved this book and everything about it. The writing, the story the characters.
It was one of those books that made me swoon, cry and laugh out loud and swoon some more. It also had me biting my nails and sitting at the edge of my seat with some of the more suspenseful scenes.
I enjoyed the timeline in the book which was actually over several years. We get the early year of

Badass Bloggettes
Mar 30, 2016 Badass Bloggettes rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

One of the best things about working on this blog is getting to read new authors. I’m not sure that I would know about some of the talented new writers I’ve read if I wasn’t involved here.
F.G. Adams is a new author with a lot of potential. Like most stories there are things that I really like and a few suggestions to consider in the future.

Grayson is a second chance romance and everyone knows this is one of my favorite themes. Grayson Blackwood and Ella Anderson are high school friends
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Apr 26, 2016 Itsy Bitsy Book Bits rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future. I was able to read the book in a day. I loved the storyline and found it very interesting.

Grayson Blackwood is the only boy in the family aside from his dear old daddy. His older sisters left home as soon as they could.

The Blackwood family is very wealthy and own / live on a ranch in Lakeview, Florida.
Mr. Blackwood wants Grayson to run the ranch when he retires and has been trying to acclimate him to
Jacqualine Davis
Mar 01, 2016 Jacqualine Davis rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was an amazing debut novel by F. G. Adams. I experienced so many emotions while reading Ella and Grayson's story…joy, angst, dread, sympathy, anger, hope, excitement, etc. Once I started this book, I had to finish it.

The story starts with Ella and Grayson's teenage years. There is a gap between the teenage years and their current careers in the military, but there are enough details provided to fill in the gap without the excess "fluff" t
Book-Lover Book Blog
Mar 04, 2016 Book-Lover Book Blog rated it really liked it
*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

I've only ever read one military romance and it was mind blowing...I never thought the genre would really but me but after reading this....I guess it is!

I loved the storyline to this. Sparks flew across the pages and the pages were full of different kinds of explosions that made my heart soar!

And imaging Grayson on his knee completely butt naked had my giggling as well. The scene at the Hilton near the end of the book gave me goosebumps all over. T
Wendy Fisher
Aug 06, 2016 Wendy Fisher rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love second chance romances. Ella is from the wrong side of the tracks. Grayson grew up on the right side of the tracks but never had a chance of a "normal" childhood. Is there such a thing as love at first sight? Ella and Grayson enjoy some time together until he is able to make his escape as he joins West Point after graduation. A promise to make something if himself, for them, but does he keep his promise? Fast forward 7 years. How will each handle seeing the other again? Are they ...more
Jessika Klide
Feb 18, 2016 Jessika Klide rated it it was amazing
The first book by FG Adams brings the WOW factor! Its chalked full of everything! Love, hate, bitterness, devotion, romance, heartbreak, danger, suspense, bravery, and heroism! Wow! Talk about a can't stop reading till I know what happens! Then top it off with hot, steamy sex and .... Yes! It's a winner! Well done! Can't wait for the second story! Bring it on!
Eyvette Abreu
Hmmm...2.5 **

Grayson Blackwood and Ella Anderson meet in H.S. They are both part of OTC in their school and even though they come from very different backgrounds they become friends. Grayson comes from a wealthy well known family; however, no one knows what happens behind closed doors at his home. His father is abusive and Grayson cannot wait until he can get away from him. Ella has to work in order to help out at home. Not only is her father a con man, she has a terminally ill mother and really
Martha
Aug 19, 2016 Martha rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC READ!! I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS!
F.G. Adams has written one of the best book I have read in a long time. I truly felt as though I was there and not just reading words. I couldn’t put it down!
Grayson needs to run faster and get to his hiding place before the monster can get him. He knows it is only a matter of time before it happens again. The beatings are relentless but if he does catch Grayson at least he can go to his safe place in his mind until it is over. That is how it is when you
Kelli
Aug 19, 2016 Kelli rated it it was amazing
Book Review Grayson
Author FG Adams
FIVE STARS
Absolutely LOVE this book. I read it from start to finish and was left wanting more.
Grayson the only son of a rich rancher, has been abused as long as he can remember. His father was abused as a child and it has just carried to the next generation. Grayson has 4 sisters 3 older and a younger and will do anything and everything to protect his mother and little sister. His 3 older sisters all escaped as soon as they were able.
Ella, beautiful girl, turns
Tina
Mar 21, 2016 Tina rated it really liked it
I want to start this review saying that this was an awesome job especially given that it was the first book written. by the author. I love military romance and this was no exception.

Grayson grew up in a wealthy family but was abused by his father. He vowed to go in the military after graduating and never to turn out like his dad. After graduating as valedictorian, he stayed true to his word and left for West Point.He fast tracked it through and was place in command of his own special ops team s
Sara
Aug 18, 2016 Sara rated it really liked it
Grayson is the first book in the This is our life series, The book starts out in a small town In Florida, and ends up in some scary places. It’s centred around two main characters Grayson the title character and his Bluebird Elle, the nickname becomes apparent as you read the book and is a main character in itself. The book is about true love fate and how nothing can keep you apart if fate has decided you are sole mates.
When the book opens its in small town Florida a place called Lakeview we mee
Within The Pages Book Blog
May 01, 2016 Within The Pages Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Have you ever felt that connection between yourself and another? Where when you first meet them and your eyes connect and you just know you are meant to be together. That's how Grayson and Ella felt when they first met. A friendships between the two begins and after some time turns to something more.

Both Grayson and Ella have had a difficult childhood - each with their own hard situations and both can't wait to be able to graduate school and move on to bigger and better things together. Grayson
Nicole
Aug 19, 2016 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Grayson
By F.G. Adams

Do you remember your first love? Or what about your high school sweetheart? I love this book! I give it 5 stars! Such lovable and endearing characters!! This book will have you reminiscing about your high school days.
Grayson Blackwood comes from a large family. Him being the only boy amongst 4 girls. He wants to join the army right after high school. He's always known that since he was a little kid. But his very abusive and controlling father, has other plans for him.
E
Gina Paulus
Jun 06, 2016 Gina Paulus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personally every woman deserves to have a Grayson in their life! Omg this man is just oozing in sex appeal. Grayson had a rough life growing up, his dad was a total dick to him and his mom & sisters, abused them, but Grayson I think got the worse of it. In highschool he meets Ella and they end up in love, Grayson ends up going to West Pointand eventually into the Army, Ella ends up going to nursing school and also into the Army, these lovebirds end up meeting again 7 years later in a Army ho ...more
Michelle
Feb 19, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
***ARC READ AND MY HONEST REVIEW***

This is an amazing debut from F.G.Adams ~ Grayson is a gripping well written story that will draw all of your emotions to the surface.

The story between Grayson & Ella starts in High school and the back story for them both is at times heart breaking but they are drawn together and quickly fall in love.

Move forward several years and the military romance takes place, I have not read this type of Romance before and I loved it, along side the storyline for Grays
Staci Simmons
Mar 05, 2016 Staci Simmons rated it it was amazing
First off let me say, this usually isn't my type of love story, but, OMG this blew me away. I'm so glad I read it! This book intrigued me from the very beginning. I wasn't able to put it down! I wasn't sure what was going to happen and I love how it went through all the stages of this character's life. Grayson is an amazingly strong boy/man. I don't know if I could endure all of the things he has in life.

Will things continue being bad for him or will it get better?

I don't believe in spoilers so
Meg Moubarak
Aug 19, 2016 Meg Moubarak rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Grayson By F.G. Adams. Adams did a great job of letting you getting know the characters . Grayson is a sweet southern boy who seems to have it all, what most people don’t know is that his home life is anything but perfect, with a abusive father and a mother who is too scared to leave. Then we have a Ella who is strong, humble and determined. Ella has had It rough growing up her mother is very ill and her dad is a con artist. Our two main characters create an unlikely friendship ...more
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
3.5 Stars

Grayson is a good debut novel. F.G. Adams shows a lot of potential. She knows how to write and has the ability to evoke a wide range of emotions. Grayson is book one of five in her This is Our Life series. The series centers on a group of friends from adolescent years to adulthood. It will be interesting to see how Ms. Adams’ skills grow over these next four books. I’m looking forward to reading more by this author.

See full review on Badass Bloggettes: http://badassbloggettes.blogspot.c
Cyndy Richard
Mar 30, 2016 Cyndy Richard rated it it was amazing
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 28, 2016 Wendy Livingstone rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic debut from FG Adams. This book just blew me away. I was drawn into this book from the very beginning until the end. No spoilers from me, but if you like military reads, with drama, suspense, bitterness, bravery and love, this is a definite for you.
Will definitely be putting this author on my favourite 1 click list. Cannot wait for the next story from this author.
Jos
Mar 24, 2017 Jos rated it it was amazing
4.5 Solid Stars

Wow, my first read by this author and I am hooked:) I absolutely loved the slow build up we got in the first half of the book, it was so genuine and "true" but the latter half, as much as I enjoyed it, I felt it was a bit rushed.

The Epilogue was absolutely stunning as was this couple:) I can't wait to read her next book!
Chantelle Smith
Jan 12, 2017 Chantelle Smith rated it it was amazing
Grayson Blackwood has defied the odds that were stacked against him. Living in a small town in Florida, Appearances can be deceiving because Grayson has a wealthy family but an abusive father that won’t ever change, and because of this Grayson is determined to be a better man, he fights for his family, his country and the only women he has ever loved.

Ella Anderson has really had much of a life growing up. She has grown up looking after her sick mother and a less than upstanding barely their fath
Shannon
Aug 19, 2016 Shannon rated it really liked it
Grayson is the first book in the This is Our Life Series by F.G. Adams. It’s a story about Grayson and Ella. Grayson is abused as a child by his father. His older sisters have left town to get away from “dear ole dad” leaving behind mom, Grayson and younger sister Addie. Grayson vows to better himself and to never be like his father and grandfather. He knows that joining the US military and going far away to West Point is the best thing for his future. The future he wants with Ella.
Ella comes f
Katie McEwen
Aug 19, 2016 Katie McEwen rated it really liked it
Grayson Blackwood is a high school student who is just trying to survive. He is trying to survive his abusive father and a rather tough home life on a ranch. All Greyson wants from life is to go to WestPoint Military Academy to escape. At least that was all the wanted until he met Ella.
Ella is the first girl Greyson is truly attracted to. She is beautiful, smart, and also in the ROTC program. She doesn’t have an easy life either. Her father is a grafter and her mother is very, very sick. Ella k
Stejd
Apr 24, 2016 Stejd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received a copy for an honest review

I really enjoyed this book. The story is told from dual points of view which I always like.

This is a second chance romance involving Ella and Grayson. They meet in high school and find love only to have it torn apart and meet again years later both having unfinished business with the other.

A lot of things to like about this book. You can't not love Grayson. He rose above a rough childhood to become a great man, the exact opposite of his tormentor, his father.
Dana Busenbark
What Grayson goes through at the beginning of this book breaks my heart. I'm not even at chapter one and am ready to cry for the little boy. Who are Fallyn, Jo, and Sage? What is their relationship to Grayson and his little sister Addie? Who is Ella? How does Grayson know her? What is Grayson's dream? What does Ella do? How old are the kids? What happens one day after ROTC practice when Grayson is leaving school? What does he ask Ella, what does she say, and what does he find on his truck in the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Destroy Me (Destroy 2)
  • Badass The Complete Series
  • Safe by His Side (Manhunt, #2)
  • Striking Back
  • Lily's Outlaw (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #2)
  • A Place in Her Heart
  • One Last Fight (The One Last Fight Series, #1)
  • Uncontrollable (Key West, #3)
  • Crossfire Christmas (The Precinct #24)
  • Under the surface ( Love is not enough, #2 )
  • Ten Brides for Ten Hot Guys
  • Racing Against Time (Cavanaugh Justice, #1)
  • Secret Intentions  (Cooper, #13; Cooper Security, #6)
  • Midnight Escape (Fortress Security Book 1)
  • Courage Dares (Sisters of Spirit, #4)
  • When You Return to Me (Broslin Creek, #6.5)
  • The Best of Us (The Wayne Brothers #1)
  • Belong to Me
F.G. Adams writes contemporary and paranormal romance about sexy alpha heroes and feisty-mouthed heroines. The wonder twins forming F.G. enjoy a healthy obsession of reading that started at a young age. Their books reflect an avid imagination that was cultivated by their grandmother who taught them the mind has no limits and to use both hands when reaching for the stars. Partners in writing, they ...more
More about F.G. Adams...

This is Our Life (5 books)
  • Keagan (This is Our Life Series #2)
  • Oliver (This is Our Life Series #3)
  • Lukas (This is Our Life Series #4)
  • MacGyver (This is Our Life Series #5)