Start by marking “Bodyguard Dearest” as Want to Read:
Bodyguard Dearest

Bodyguard Dearest (Hot and Dangerous #1)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  504 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
My name is Tris Kane and I'm so done with college and this whole town and the leash my gangster father wrapped around my life at birth.
Oh yeah, and let's not forget Tanner Hayes, my father's all muscle watchdog who lives in my shadow. He's my so-called bodyguard.
I don't need a fucking bodyguard! And I hate his rugged deliciousness. Tanner barely ever speaks, yet I can't st
Paperback
Published February 29th 2016 (first published February 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Bodyguard Dearest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bodyguard Dearest

Dianne
Two fiery hot people scorch the pages as their love/hate/love/lust story is finally told through that last sizzling moment. Welcome to Alison Foster’s Bodyguard Dearest and “the rest of the story” behind how one little rich rebel and her gangster father’s security head turned personal bodyguard battle it out with wit, sarcasm and blistering chemistry. Told through the POVs of both Tris and Tanner, hang on for attitude, denial and finally the realization that even the biggest thorn in your side c ...more
Alina
Apr 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, romance
"Tanner Hayes in a nutshell, ruining the moment by reminding me who he really is - the man who's been shadowing me for years , the man who thinks of me as a problem , the man I love to hate."

I can't say that I was all over Tris and Tanner's story. I enjoyed the plot and the author's writing style and I liked Tanner and his strong, quiet personality. Sadly I wasn't too much into Tris.
Tanner is a mature, intelligent guy, hired to keep an eye over our rebel heroine. Tris is a spoiled rich teen who
Chianti Summers
Shelves: reviews
Received and ARC for an honest review. Thank you Alison Foster for bringing me more of the sex on two legs Tanner Hayes. Bodyguard Dearest gave me the full story of Tanner and Tris. I had some laughs and some "oh yes please" moments and enjoyed every word of this book. Alison Foster does have a few twists and turns develop which makes the story even better. I am a Tanner Hayes fan and I will gladly claim him and have him for my bodyguard. I love the way Alison Foster is able to continue to mix a ...more
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The description of Tanner had me drooling "Some Irish blood, African American, some French-Italian and a spot of Cherokee." What a delicious mix of a man. Tanner is Trista's "brutish muscle cake" of a bodyguard and her father's right hand man. Trista is always running away wanting to get away from her family's way of life. Tanner always finds her. Is he just doing his job or is there more? One night they cross the line and that changes everything. They both discover there is more between them th ...more
Monica
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

I loved the little teese into Tanner and Tris' story I read in the Take Me Home Christmas novella so getting their full story here was so exciting!

Tanner has been head of security for the Kane family for 3 years and of Jordan Kane's four daughters Tris has definitely given him the most headaches. He's the best at what he does and when Tris takes off again her father assigns Tanner as her personal Bodyguard.

21 year old Tris is sick of being contr
Stacey Johnston
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been following Alison since I discovered her Scandal series. I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this book, which I was extremely happy about! :)
The one thing I love about Alison's writing, is how she portrays her characters. She always manages to make them feel real, and I find that's what keeps us, as readers, enthralled in their stories.
I got a little taste of Tanner Hayes in the Scandal Series, but only just enough to trigger my curiosity. I was hoping Alison would give
Lisa King
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book. It was an easy read with a good story and some steamy scenes.

I loved the love/hate relationship between Trista and Tanner and feel for Trista feeling so stifled at her family home.

Tanner is Trista's father's head of security and often has to act as Trista's bodyguard as she rebels against the stringent rules and lack of freedom she has due to her fathers often shady dealings. She wants nothing more than to leave her family home and
Coco.V
Oct 04, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/4/2017)!
Kathleen R.
Page Count:283 pages
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

It wasn't his protection that I needed.

Lucia
4.5 stars Bodyguard romance that is so much more with action, drama, mild violence and plenty of steamy sexual content to make this an addictive page turner!

Bodyguard Dearest is the first book by Alison Foster I have read but it definitely won’t be my last! As the title suggests, this is a bodyguard romance but it’s also so much more than some obvious typical romance with action, drama, mild violence and plenty of steamy sexual content to make this an addictive page turner.

Telling the story of T
Mignon Mykel
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you read the Scandal series, you may recognize Tanner as the bodyguard assigned to Ella at one point. If you read Take Me Home, well, you're a step ahead of me and had the chance to meet Tanner and Tris in "their element", and get to know these two a little bit before their story takes flight (no worries, it's free on Amazon and I 1-clicked that).

Tris is the youngest daughter of Jordan Kane and is need of her own security unit. Her father has assigned Tanner to her, much to her chagrin, and w
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Bodyguard Dearest is a new adult contemporary romance by Alison Foster. This is the first book I have read by Alison, and I have to say I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it. I have been really into the bodyguard trope. I loved the strong, silent protector type that we normally get in bodyguard dearest, and the potential for bantering back and forth is always high in these types of books. Both big pluses for me. And I di
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

After briefly meeting Tanner Hayes at the end of the Scandal series, and seeing him again with Tris Kane in Take Me Home, I became enamored. If anything could get me in the holiday mood and keep me warm it is these two going at it both verbally and in between the sheets. I was giddy and impatient to read more of their story when I got my hands on Dearest Bodyguard. I was immediately drawn into their world and Tris and Tanner's cat and mouse gam
Sybil aka Lala
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well THAT escalated quickly!

Tris Kane is the snarky bunny of my soul. As passionate as she strong-willed this girl is about to make her bodyguard really earn is pay check.

Tanner Hayes never loses. His stubbornness, work ethic and military history ensure it. Good thing too because he will need all his skills when dealing with the spoiled princess of an underground boss.

This book was a fast paced, action-packed thrill ride that I devoured in a single sitting. With two characters as fiery and stu
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Bodyguard Dearest is the first book I've read by author Alison Foster. It is a standalone and written from a first person POV. It does have an HEA, and no cliffy. To be completely honest here, I'm not sure where to start with this review. This is one of those books I've waited to review because I've gone back and forth with it so much.

It was a push-pull with me from the beginning of it. The characters were good, but they also irked me to an extent. I sort of wanted to bash them both over the hea
Linda
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tris is the youngest daughter in a family where their father is involved in a lot of criminal activities. He is afraid his daughters will be hurt by his enemies so they are always surrounded by security.

Tris resents the restrictions and likes to sneak away. Tanner is in charge of security and always manages to get her back. As much as she hates his role, she is attracted. It turns out that he is attracted too.

Tanner was in the military and has a past that haunts him. Tris is much younger and de
Shannon Godwin
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting story. Tris is a handful to say the least. I loved how she kept Tanner on his toes all the time. I was really intrigued with how Tanner handles her. You know from the beginning that there is chemistry between the two but you really have no idea how it is going to turn out. Tanner is by the book guy and doesn't believe in getting involved. Tris is determined to run away from her family, she wants her freedom. She does everything it seems that she can to get away and Ta ...more
Nikki Lostinsweetwords blog
4 stars
I really enjoyed reading bodyguard dearest it was a quick read with plenty of action and romance.
Tris makes it her mission to rebel against her father’s need to protect her she’s wants to be free to live her away from her father’s house and without a bodyguard. Everytime she runs away though Tanner is right there to bring her back, she can’t stop thinking about him yet he shows no emotions until one night changes everything.
Tanner doesn’t like to fail at anything even though being Tris’s
Becky Burciaga
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author and I have to say that I enjoyed her writing tremendously. Trista and Tanner's story is filled with plenty of complexities in this fast paced read. Tanner is Trista's bodyguard, hired by her father to keep her safe from his (her father's) many enemies...he's an underground boss, involved in many illegal activities.

The story literally grabs you from the very beginning and takes you for a wild ride because of Trista's constant need to get away from
Racy
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Trista Kane was a trust fund kid. She was use to the finer things in life. The only thing is that she wanted to see the world. She felt like she has not truly lived. She is always in danger because of who her father is and all she wants to do is run away from it all.

Tanner Hayes this this hunky bodyguard. His job is to keep Trista safe and he is determined to do just that. The thing is Trista is growing up and and becoming a woman. Tanner sees her true beauty. She is little by little stealing hi
Alison Chewning
Wow what a hot cover for Bodyguard Dearest. This was a first book that I have read by this author and it won't be the last for I am looking forward to reading more of this author's work in the future. The author did a great job on creating very likable characters in Bodyguard Dearest that you will enjoy. Tris Kane is unpredictable, and is snarky at some times during the book but she is a force to be wrecken with she likes to put her bodyguard through some checky moments that keeps him on his fee ...more
Reva Coomer
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great book from Alison! After reading the novella about Tanner and Tris, I have been waiting for this book. It blew me away, of course. Tanner being the head of security for Tris' dad, a dangerous man, he has seen it all from the handful Kane calls his daughter. Behind the hate hate relationship between Tanner and Tris is a whole lot of sexual frustration. After one night together when Tris runs away and Tanner shows to bring her home...he can't hold back. He has to have her. He stands u ...more
Courtney
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alison Foster does it again with this book! Tanner is head of security for Trisha Kane's father and a lot of his time is spent chasing after Trista. Trista just wants to be able to live her life away from her father and his squad of goons, but Tanner is always on her heels. A night at a hotel over Christmas leads them both to give into their feelings, but it's not that simple. When they leave together against her father's wishes we get to see Jax and Ella again. When it really matters Tanner wil ...more
Casey Leigh
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Bodyguard Dearest to enjoy and for an honest review.
This was an awesome tale of feelings long denied in a complex situation.
Bodyguard Dearest is the full story or Tris and Tanner - spoiled rich girl and stoically unbending bodyguard.
In a world of dubious dealings and many many secrets can opposites attract, or more importantly should they?
I loved the portrayal of the two main characters - both strong willed yet flawed in their own way.
I highly recommend Bodyguard Dearest to
Laura Watson
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. I love the love hate relationship between Tanner and Tris the banter back-and-forth. Then the explosive chemistry. Alison made me love these characters in the novella Bodyguard and I am glad I was able to read their story in full. It sucked me in from the get go and is a great fast read. I love Alison's writing style and will continue to read her books regularly.
Valentina
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tris is a privileged mobster's daughter full of sass. Tanner has been head of security for the Kane family for 3 years and of Jordan Kane's four daughters. There is more to Tanner then just his chiseled good looks, battle scarred body, and take charge attitude. I loved the story line and plot. I can't wait to read some more by Alison Foster. I received a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review.
Victoria
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. This story has twist and turns and hot romance. You will laugh and love the banter between Tris and Tanner. Tanner is the hot and sexy bodyguard protecting Tris. Tris struggling to be independent rebels against her father. The attraction is strong between Tris and Tanner. Will they be able to resist each other? Will Tanner take the risk and become involved with Tris? Alison did a great job. This story will not disappoint. Received copy for honest review
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
****Copy received in exchange for an honest and Unbiased review****

I really enjoyed this book and the characters. Tanner and Tris are so wrong but right for each other. Tanner is head of the security team that's hired to protect a criminal boss and his family, paticular the youngest Trista and boy does she push his buttons in every way.
Patricia T
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting to read Tanner & Tris's Story and it was not disappointing Great chemistry, Fast Paced & really kept me turning the pages into the early hours of the morning. Loved the interaction between them great to hear from Jax & Ella also. I was given this book as a ARC for my honest opinion.
  • Boom
  • Rebuilding Stone (The Stone Brother, #2)
  • Blindsided (The Sisters Series #1)
  • Defying Destiny (Forsaken Sinners MC, #2)
  • Stronger (Stark Ink, #4)
  • Protecting Her
  • Riding For Her
  • The Billionaire Game 3
  • Devotion
  • Cowboy Dreams (Down Under Cowboy, #3)
  • Travis's Stand (Devil's Despair, #3)
  • One Hundred & Thirty-Six Scars (The Devil's Own, #1)
  • Awaken Me (The Jaded Series, #4)
  • Late Summer, Early Spring
  • Blackness Within (The Blackness, #5)
  • Knockout (Knockout Alpha Romance Series Book 1)
  • Second Alpha (River Wolf Pack #2)
  • Seeking Redemption (Black Shamrocks MC, #3)
USA Today Bestselling author Alison Foster loves reading a good love story almost as much as she loves writing one. She spends her time dreaming up strong heroes and even stronger heroines and she enjoys finding unexpected strengths within her characters when they are in the most unexpected places.

She believes that passion makes the world go round and that a sexy grin is as sweet as candy. She lov
More about Alison Foster

Hot and Dangerous (3 books)
  • Take Me Home: A Bodyguard Christmas Story
  • Tremble

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be