Start by marking “Made for Her” as Want to Read:

Made for Her

After terrorists murder the love of her life, Colonel Mikayla Jones trains squadron after squadron of the clones he brought to life, to take to the skies. When she discovers a young clone of her husband in her newest class, her world spins out of control. How can she command the look-a-like when she can’t help but yearn for him to fill an ache in her heart?

Dare was created
Published February 29th 2016 by Jessica E. Subject (first published January 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Made for Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made for Her

Tina
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captain Mikayla Jones was a flight instructor up at Sky Master II. She is getting ready for her class Monday when four men come in and tell her something has happened to Daniel. It is their anniversary; he was contracted out to a cloning lab and the lab was blown up that morning. Daniel was dead. Her husband was dead.

Ten years later, Mikayla is a Colonel. They use clones to fight in space wars. They are all possessions of the military. This how she finds out they cloned Daniel and have sent his
Cara Bristol
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, sci-fi
Her husband is killed. Then she finds out he was cloned--and one of the clones shows up at her flight school. Awesome, awesome concept. Also had a couple of plot twists I never saw coming.
Julie Ramsey
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
Made For Her
by Jessica E. Subject

10 years ago, Colonel Mikayla Jones lost

her husband, Daniel, during an attack on his

genetics lab where he was working on a cloning

project for the government. Daniels research

proved useful and now she trained clones in flight

training. But in her newest class she is shocked

and outraged to have a student who looks exactly like

Daniel. She refuses to train him but soon he is

at her door begging for her help in his training
since she is the best and he only wan
AnnaM
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The future is different yet the same. Earth seems to have united in a common defense against aliens, and agreed to use high tech and clones to work the plan. For all its advances, society still has prejudice, manipulation, violence, and outright jerks.

Colonel Mikayla Jones lost her husband to some of those societal failings. After seeming to regain him in the form of Dare, a clone, she had to stand up against more of those failings.

The good? I liked the premise of the story. The tech and SF wer
BBMoreB ~
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I typically don’t read futuristic nor science-fiction but, this short novella had two things in it favor - (1) a 4-star review of previous work, Accidental Romance and (2) the blurb was extremely captivating. The entire thing was cohesive; the characters, dialogue, and setting were natural and well paced.

Very glad I went with my initial instinct I read it…Highly Recommended!

Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge by Decadent Publishing for the sole purpose of an honest review. A
Kathleen Grieve
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please see the comment section for my review. This is a must read for any sci-fi romance lover!
ѦѺ™
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, arcs
“Love doesn’t die with death. Love is like liquid; when it pours out, it seeps into others’ lives.” - Kate O'Neill

Colonel Mikayla Jones is tasked to train squadrons of clones her late husband Daniel created. despite keeping herself and her mind occupied with work, she still cannot help but grieve over the loss of her husband. when she meets Dare, a new student and Daniel's look-a-like, Mikayla's world is shattered and her emotions go on a roller coaster ride. the fact remains: it is forbidden fo
Pippa Jay
What I did like:

I'm a huge fan of the idea of cloning, and of Jessica's previous works in general. Being faced with a clone of your lost love sets up great potential for emotional and ethical conflict. There's also a brilliant plot twist that was a tear-jerker, and had me physically reeling - I really hadn't expected it. The ending will leave you reaching for a hanky and hoping for a sequel.

What I didn't like:

For me, this focused a little too much on the sex rather than the emotions behind it an
Whitney Cannavina
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sci-fi romance novella

The future has many possibilities and the author has called upon cloning and space travel to write her story. Makayla lost her husband who created cloning and years later is asked to train a set of clones, including one of her late husband. It's too much for her, yet she can't help but want to explore what he is asking for.
Fate knows she probably only sees her late husband, but he's fine with that. He just needs to show her that only in looks are they the same. it's wrong
Deborah Bailey
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a world where people can be duplicated, what does it mean to be human? Author Jessica E Subject's Made for Her shows what can happen when technology conflicts with human emotions. When Colonel Mikayla Jones comes face-to-face with her late husband's clone, she's stuck having to adhere to her strict military training, while managing her feelings.

I enjoyed the story and couldn't wait to see how the no-win situation between Mikayla and Dare would be resolved. How much would she be willing to gi
Teresa
I loved the premise of this story. A Military trainer gets a new squad to train, and suddenly her deceased husband stands before her eyes, waiting to be trained to be the best. Her husband had been cloned, and she was expected to train him.

I think that the author did a wonderful job of writing the emotions as anyone in her position would feel them. I was thoroughly enjoying it, thought I knew how it would wrap up, and then, wham-mo! What a plot twist. Get ready for it.

There is explicit sex in th
Diane Werning
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made for Her

Kayla was so sad when her husband died,there was a huge secret they were keeping from her.When her husband died,he left a clone behind.Dare was the spitting image of her late husband.Things began to happen between them.This is all I am gonna tell you please read. This book it is great.
Siobhan Muir
I'd seen snippets of this book on Six Sentence Sunday and they drew me in. But when I read it in its entirety, the story felt unfinished, like the skeleton was there but it hadn't been completely filled out. I still liked it and I loved the premise and the twist Ms. Subject threw in near the end. That was very cool. It's a quick, light read.
Goddess of Chaos
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW. So much more than I hoped for.

I picked up this sci-fi novella on a whim, hoping for a quick, light and fun read, and got so much more than I hoped for. Thoughtful world building, and interesting characters fill this story, and keep it moving.
Starr Leeman
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not too bad!!!

This was a quite different story than I expected it to bad. Gave you a couple good twists and turns to keep you on your toes. Very good romance not something too pass by!!
Jess
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh, sci-fi
I couldnt bring myself to like this book

Plot and character development felt rushed, ending came out of no where & ended abruptly

World building was half assed

Amy
Jul 14, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So bad... no storyline. Rubbish shallow characters. Couldnt even finish it which says alot for me. I always finish books no matter how bad.
Jessica Subject
Feb 03, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This edition has been revised and expanded from the original. It also contains the bonus short story, Replicated Consequences. Enjoy!
shannon  Stubbs
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

It was interesting but a little dirty. The clone bombshell was something else. Also I really liked the ending to this story.
Allie Ritch
I won't rate this book because I know the author and am biased. I will say, though, that I think this is Jessica's best work that I've read to date. Great plot twist.
Kandy
Oct 14, 2016
Diane Burton
Jul 20, 2016
Yazmin
rated it did not like it
Mar 02, 2014
Jennifer Tyler
Aug 31, 2016
chris
Aug 24, 2016
Jessica E. Subject is the author of science fiction romance, mostly alien romances, ranging from sweet to super hot. Sometimes she dabbles in paranormal and contemporary as well, bringing to life a wide variety of characters. In her stories, you could not only meet a sexy alien or two, but also clones and androids. You may be transported to a dystopian world where rebels are fighting to live and l ...more