Start by marking “For Never and Always” as Want to Read:
For Never and Always

For Never and Always

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  240 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Seth finds himself alone at an abandoned train station, with no idea what happened, or how he got there. He boards a train, only to discover it’s a special express transporting the recently deceased to their final destination. The conductor tells him he’s having a near-death experience. Seth wonders if it has something to do with his violent boyfriend, but that doesn't mat ...more
Published March 10th 2016

To ask other readers questions about For Never and Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Never and Always

Paul
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
5 STARS
This is one incredible book. It's definitely one of the more captivating and original stories I've read for a very long time.

It's beautifully written, utterly heart wrenching but at the same time very insightful and uplifting.
I read it through the night and now the sun is rising. I would have left scorch marks on the pages if it were a paperback and I did not want it to end.

It's mainly a paranormal novel set in-between the waking world and the afterlife. There's a few overlapping genre'
Jaime
4.5 No Regrets Stars rounded up to 5 Stars!!

This was an amazing book written by Ana J. Phoenix that deals with a couple subjects we all have to face and that is living your life to the best of your ability, because at the end you want no regrets. Ms. Phoenix has taken a subject that many shy away from, death, and made it into a story that will capture your heart. The characters in this book are real. They have flaws, they have been unhappy, they don't feel like they got the best change at certa
Manfred
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onedrive
Sometimes you have a book on your shelf and you love the blurb, but still you don`t read it. Suddenly the time is right and then you can not imagine why you did not start it much earlier. But you know that maybe now was just the time.
This was absolutely happening when I read this book!
It honestly overwhelmed me! This was such an outstanding read and I found so many questions answered in it.
At the same time, it was so terribly sad that I wept half the time reading it.
It is about life and death a
Ann
Dear Book,

Damn you for making me leak out of my face. I don't really do that unless it's an animal story, people stories don't give me the weepies. But this book and these characters? They did. Now my eyes are puffy and I have a stupid weepy headache. From the weeping.

Dammit.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go tell everyone I've ever met that I love them.

Sincerely,

Ann

Full review soon on the blog and then here.

**a copy of this story was provided for an honest review**
Josy
~ 3.5 stars ~

Very emotional book but I'm sad to say I probably would have liked it a lot more if I had had some warning about the many triggers in this book. Some of them hit very close to home and I either avoid such triggers or I, at least, need to prepare myself accordingly. I could have read reviews before starting the book, I suppose, but this shouldn't be necessary. Dear author, if you don't put those warnings in the blurb because you don't want to spoil anything, at least put them at the
Keri
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorite, m-m, march-2016
Have you ever read a book that stayed with you and keeps vying for attention even while reading another book, or sleeping or eating or in the grocery store? This book is it. I still tear up thinking about it. This story grabbed at my soul from Chapter 1 and has not left my body, soul or mind. It has ALL the feels. It is that AMAZING even though I went through a box a tissues.

Ana Phoenix was creative and inventive on how to deal with subjects that most shy away from. Suicide, Cancer, Death. Death
Kazza
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A whole lot to like about this book. If you enjoy romance with some tears (view spoiler) then this could be a very good read for you. Please tread carefully if rape or suicide are triggers.

I have 25 status updates on here so that should help any potential reader get the gist.

Full review at -

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Lisa
And now I am crying like a baby.
I did well. I held it together (just about) until the epilogue and then the floodgates opened.
What a beautiful story.
Seth and his best friend Carter end up on a train full of dead people.
Carter is dead but Seth has had a near death experience and must make the decision as to whether he wants to pass over or return to his life.
I am not going to say anything more about this book as you really have to read it for yourself.
Avid Reader
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For Never and Always by Ana J. Phoenix
5 stars
M/M romance
Triggers: rape, physical and emotional abuse, death, suicide,
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.

Holy Moly, this is an AMAZING story. Grab the tissues before starting, because once you start, you're not going to want to put this book down. Phoenix was a magician in her ability to paint the story of Carter and Seth. Theirs is a love that truly transcends time, space and everything in between.

When you're put on t
Ana Phoenix
Mar 12, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
I wrote this book. I'm not going to comment on reviews or anything, but I'll try to reply to all comments/questions posted in reply to this review. If there's anything you'd like to know regarding this book or its universe, ask away. :)
*~*~*Hyperion*~*~*
May 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Beautiful concept but this was just okay for me :-/!!
My opinions are in no way meant to be a reflection of the contents of this book. It's apparent I am very much the minority in the face of so many others who adore this story. This book didn't wow me the way I had anticipate it would, but you should give it a try, because hey, it might just wow you!!

******

Update @ 1%: // Well, this one is going to be much MUCH darker and challenging that I had originally anticipated. Still, I'm ready and am eag
A.M. Leibowitz
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star, bi, blog-review, fiction, mm
This is a heartfelt, emotional read that touches on several important subjects. Strong content warnings for a somewhat graphic rape scene and a lot of discussion of intimate partner violence and suicide. I was not aware of the rape or suicide; those elements are not clear either in the blurb or in a separate warning, and there is no warning in the front of the book.

I’m torn about how I feel after reading it. There were lots of things I loved, and some things I really disliked. I’ll start with th
Joyfully Jay
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

When this book opens, Seth is confused as to where he is. He can remember everything about his life except for the last few moments. As he realizes where he is and that he has a chance to return to the living, that is his goal. He just has to wait for the next stop. He does recognize Carter immediately when he sees him, but then questions how his best friend can possibly be there.

Seth does wonder if his current situation is the result of actions taken by his abusi
Julia
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a surprise. The storyline is really not something I would typically read, but I'm so glad I did. It was such a good mix of everything good. (Insert ugly cry here) (view spoiler) And of course, the ending. So sweet and touching. (more tears)
Andreea
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-releases, m-m
I really enjoyed this one. It has enough supernatural in it to make you wonder what happens next. I'm happy that Seth made that decision in the end. I think it was exactly the right one.
Camille
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quite a moving story and different from anything I've ever read. Loved it.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Some graffiti is art if it's shouting about pain or referring to cultural identity, etc., (tagging is just an asshole thing to do) but it's a crime that isn't victim-less. It destroys beauty and serenity for others. It forces difficult work on those that have to clean it up. It lowers property values which doesn't just affect the often working class owners but lowers the perception of safety which then lowers the actual safety and soon you have a previously lower income but safe and community or ...more
F.
An interesting take on what happens when you die. Seth "wakes up" on a train station and doesn't know how he got there. The friendly eerie conductor talks him on and takes him to his berth where he meets his childhood friend Carter. But things are different on this train - the baggage carriage and library aren't what they seem and the dining car serves your favourites without a menu in sight!! But Carter is dead and only has a few stops to make his peace with the old world and Seth has only a fe ...more
Arlyn
This book was pure magic. It took my breath away. I was enthralled with this book by the end of the first chapter and I only grew further invested in the story as I read on.

This book is difficult to describe in terms of plot without giving too much away, so I'm not going to try. What I can tell you is that this book set itself apart in every way imaginable.

Eerily beautiful. Whimsical. Reflective. Sad. Wistful. Sensual. Cathatic. Singular love. Authentic depth and emotion in a dreamlike fantasy.
DeeNeez
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So amazing, emotional, and an intriguing concept. The use of an old steam train was so unique and well handled as the setting was brilliant. A near death experience, a reflection of life, of missed loved, embracing life, and knowing love is everlasting. Book should come with a warning, keep a box of tissue close at hand.
Elaine White
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book – For Never and Always
Author – Ana J. Phoenix
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages - 170

Movie Potential – ★★★★★ - P.S. This would make a kick-ass movie
Ease of reading – very easy to read and get lost in.
Would I read it again – YES! YES! YES!

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

WARNING: Whatever you do, do NOT and I repeat, do not read this book! Ever. Not ever. Not without a mountain of tissues, the privacy to ugly cry and a certain
Veronica of V's Reads
Seth and Carter have been friends since forever. They haven't kept in touch over the last couple years because Seth's controlling and abusive boyfriend, Tony, has isolated him from his few friends and family. Seth felt this was acceptable, to some degree, because he harbored a long-time crush on his straight best friend. A good boyfriend wouldn't talk to guys he finds attractive, right? And, especially not when his boyfriend doesn't want him to do so, right? Besides, Carter's at college, and he ...more
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would and I don’t often get to say that.

It took me weeks to garner the bravery I felt this story would require – I’ll freely admit when I read the blurb my initial thoughts were “hell no!” I’ve read and previously reviewed Ana’s books here on Prism but I was ready to pass this one over rather than let it devastate me. It did devastate me but not until the last 20% and not in the way I expected either, so if any of you
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
"When Death Isn't The End", well honestly I don't know where to go from there. It's taken me two days to write this review even though I could not get this book out of my head. I actually talked to several people about it while I was reading it and once I was finished. This one single book will stick with me for awhile. It made me think about life now and life once I'm gone. Ms. Phoenix wrote something that was not just about the love the two main characters have/had for each other but about th ...more
TayaJay
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2-review

My first thought before reading this book is that I'm going to cry. It just couldn't end well. I want my happy ending. What got me to finally start reading this book beside intriguing blurb is that I trust this author's imagination. That she will give me my happy ending in a way I don't expect to receive it.

Seth is having a near death experience and has a choice to make. Get off and live? or move on to afterlife? You would think that the choice be simple if only he didn't unexpectedl
Elisa Rolle
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
2016 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: For Never and Always by Ana J. Phoenix
1) This novel evoked a wistful, tender mood with its beautiful cover, and that mood carried through in the story. This was a emotional story wonderfully told.
2) It was touching, and unlike anything I have ever read. This book took the cliched trope of Dead People and made it fresh. Carter, though dead, grows as much as Seth. Phoenix tackles the difficult topic of male-on-male domestic violence and it's aftermath with g
Pamela Su
This story broke my heart.

Reading this romance, I knew it's not going to have the happy ending I wanted. But it gave me the ending that was right.

It was a little hard to go through, because it was just so sad to see Seth and Carter finally finding truth in their relationship but under the worst of circumstances. This story was unconventional but it worked.
Gina Marie ~books are my drug of choice~
This book is a fantastic multi-leveled story. It is heart-wrenching on the most superficial level. As I thought about it I found deeper meaning in much of it. If you are just looking for a well written book to read this one is it. If you are interested in a book that makes you think and evaluate death, abuse, suicide, etch this is it as well.
D
Thoroughly enjoyed this read. There are serious triggers here y'all. Suicide and rape. Abuse, denial, fear, illness, and regrets. Through all of this, this story has a happy ending. An intense page turner. So well put together that all I could do is smile at the ending. Beautiful. I recommend it.
Amanda Barnes
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
So much love and heartache in this book! I've not read something like this before but I'm soo glad I took a chance on it! I really enjoyed it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Shattered Door
  • Night Shift
  • Queers
  • It Started with Brian
  • Strong Medicine
  • The Intersection of Purgatory and Paradise (Least Likely Partnership, #3)
  • Objects in the Rearview Mirror (Memoirs of the Human Wraiths #2)
  • Stygian
  • Selfie (Bluewater Bay, #13)
  • The Affair of the Porcelain Dog (Ira Adler #1)
  • White-Knuckled Moments
  • Infected: Bloodlines (Infected, #2)
  • The Sky Is Dead
  • Maloney's Law (Maloney's Law #1)
  • Bloodline (Norwood #2)
  • The Art of Hero Worship
  • Crucial Lessons (Brothers LaFon, #1)
  • Out of the Blackness (Avery, #1)
Ana writes m/m romance and erotica. Her interest in hot guy-on-guy action was first sparked by reading scandalous Japanese mangas. A dirty secret she couldn’t resist. In a long bout of insanity – also known as her life — she decided to learn the language and escape to the land of sushi, sumo, and yaoi.

She’s since moved back to Europe to be with the love of her life – delicious European chocolate.

N