Start by marking “Low (Low, #1)” as Want to Read:
Low (Low, #1)

Low

(Low #1)

It's hard living on the wrong side of the tracks.

Lowen Seely has a criminal record to prove it. Determined not to follow in his father's footsteps, he fights instinct and tries honesty. But hunger becomes painful, and bills are due. Forced to choose between what is right and wrong, the boy from the hood learns abiding by the rules is nearly impossible when corruption is i
Published January 4th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Low, please sign up.

Christy
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo 236F67A8-88B4-4072-9B80-E026D67A6778_zpsgq3cprbh.jpg

Any and every book I read by Mary Elizabeth has that unique writing style that’s both lyrical and beautiful. Low is one of those stories that was completely original. I can’t say I’ve ever read anything like it before. It gave me anxiety, made my palms sweat and my heart race, but I loved it so much. What I felt for these characters- I can’t even explain it. It’s been days since I’ve read the book and Lowen and Poesy still cross my mind constantly.

photo C8B1D2AA-3430-421B-9FD0-C15E25B84978_zps8rled3cu.jpg

Low is a good man who’s made some bad
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

description

“Tell me a story, Poe. Say something important.”
“There’s a boy who loves a girl, he might think he loves her more than she loves him, but the truth is they love each other the same.”

“Low” was like anything I have read before. It was gripping from the very beginning, addictive and made my heart go crazy so many times. A modern day ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ tale, “Low” was remarkably well written and kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time. I’ve always loved gangsters stories and I
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 "Four-Four Bandits" STARS

description

Mary Elizabeth delivers a modern day Bonnie and Clyde read that that lets you feel and experience the circumstances that led the two main characters into becoming wanted bank robbers.

The writing in this book is truly addicting and I easily fell into Lowen Seely’s tale. I adored the bond and love he shares with his girl, Poesy. I felt everything they experienced and all the credit goes to the writing because at times I had to look around and make sure I was in my hom
Brandi
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
I enjoyed this one. Fast-paced and thrilling, Low was a solid read for me.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

I never fail to fall in love with Mary Elizabeth's characters, and Low & Poesy were no exception. I feel this book in my heart and I won't ever forget it, it's ingrained into me and even now, whilst I am writing my review, I am tearing up thinking about it. This is a unique story and one that makes you root for the bad guys simply because they are good people, deep down.

Low grew up on the poverty line, with a convict for a father and his mum a
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover

Even crooks sympathize.

Even crooks dream.

Even crooks grieve.

Even crooks love.

Lowen Seely is a criminal. Forced to break the law to help his family and girlfriend. Deemed a crook before he even broke a law because of his father’s past.

“I’m Lowen Joshua Seely.

Son of a murderer, property of the state, society’s downfall.

I am what nightmares are made of.”

But behind his thieving ways, he is compassionate, he is loving, and he is devoted to helping the one
Beverly
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read five to seven books per week, so when a book sticks with me and I am still thinking about characters days later it’s huge to me. I read Low in one sitting and days later I was still struggling with my feelings.

Low isn’t your typical hero or bad boy, because Low isn’t bad, he is desperate. Low’s family has struggled financially his entire life. His father is in prison and he carries so much responsibility for his family. Desperation leads Low to make desperate decisions and he finds himse
warhawke
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Crooks lovers
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone Book 1 from Low series
POV: First Person - Male
Rating:

Lowen (Low) Seely grew up from the wrong side of the track. Hardship of life pushed him into committing a crime that landed him into incarceration. Now a free man, he vowed to change his life and make it worth for the one who waited for him.

Poesy (Poe) Ashby came from middle income neighborhood. But she can't help but fell in love with the lowly grass cutter from the other side of town. She waited for
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Mary Elizabeth" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Low
SERIES: (Low, #1)
AUTHOR: Mary Elizabeth
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: February 1st 2016

MY RATING: ★★★★★

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Five stars is not enough, this is a must read for everyone!

★A modern day Bonnie & Clyde with a Romeo & Juliet twist to it ★

Guilty of my father’s crimes and culpable for being born underprivileged on the wrong side of the tracks, I was considered a crim
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4,5 STARS

"We rob banks, steal cars, and outrun an entire nation of jaded fucks.
Chaos is our marriage certificate.
Mayhem is the bond that keeps us together."

I have to admit that I was a little hesitant with this book. Since I've never read anything by this author, I had no idea what to expect. I was nervous, yet excited to see how this story would come together. What did I find, you ask? A unique story that was so incredibly different from whatever I have read before! I absolutely loved the w
E.K. Blair
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bad-boy, dark
This book! OMG, this book is everything. Such an original story laced with crime, passion, hope, and despair. It'll have you questioning where your morals stand in the battle between right and wrong. LOW is so much more than a love story, but, holy hell, what a love story it is! Boundless and beautiful where beauty shouldn't be, but it's there! It's raw, real, and unforgiving. This book had me cringing, swooning, on the edge of my seat with my heart pounding. At times I couldn't read fast enough ...more
AleJandra
5 Even crooks dream STARS

Este es uno de esos libros que NO disfrutas, pero que se quedan en tu corazón para siempre.

description

Me esta costando mucho realizar esta reseña. Por que cada que pienso en la historia de Low y Poe siento un nudo en la garganta y apenas si puedo contener las lagrimas.

description

Este es el tercer libro de Mary Elizabeth que leo, y al igual (o peor) que
Mary Elizabeth
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: thats-me, copa-author
"Even after the last word, my pulse raced with uncontrollable emotions. Hands down, a MUST-READ book!" - EK Blair, NYT Bestselling Author

"If you love heart stopping romance and want to be swept up in a story with a difference then do not hesitate to pick this one up. These two young lovers were guilty of stealing our heart." - Totally Booked Book Blog

"One of the most captivating, engrossing, thrilling, unputdownable reads that I've read in a LONG time! FIVE STARS!" - Maryse's Book Blog

"Wow! Low.
Olga therebelreader
This was a good read but not a compelling one. I had really high hopes for it. It was kind of average in every aspect, plotline, sex, romance. It started fine, then somehow went south. I believe that the plotline was not enough realistic, for example that characteristic cross tattoo under Low’s eye wasn’t covered somehow during the robberies or while Low and Poesy were on the run (with masks on or not), or the money from the robberies was not wisely spent. Hunger and poverty pushed them into cri ...more
S.M. West
5 “I’m here with you” STARS

photo LOW3_zps2psll2xh.jpg

This was my first Mary Elizabeth read and I'm in awe. I like real, raw, beautiful disarray and this was all of that. I felt so much with this story and was constantly torn between right and wrong because life isn’t that simple and the forces at work can make a man with a good heart do bad things.

photo Low_zpsgktimkw4.jpg

Lowen (Low) Seely is born into a hard, depressing and desolate life that very few ever escape. And for many, it's not for a lack of dreaming or trying but rather the harsh r
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
***3 STARS***

It wasn't too bad. The perfect filler type book for me.

Review to come...
Mistress
Oh my goodness! I have never experienced a book like this. Low is a true masterpiece. I’m sitting here in tears, somehow devastated, but also elated. I'm smiling, I'm crying, my heart is breaking, even still, I'm happy and peaceful. I feel like I’ve taken the ride of my life and man, was it a rush! I have never read a book like this before. Low is unique, one-of-a-kind, set apart, original. The writing is beyond phenomenal. The words are lyrical and beautiful. There's a reason Mary Elizabeth is ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016

✯✯✯✯1/2 stars

‘I live for the way she lightly bites my tongue when we kiss, and wish I were a better man every time she whispers, “I love you” against my lips.’

What a ride!! We spent most of this book in a state of nervous anticipation with our eyes covered, breaths held and tightly gripping our Kindles as Poesy and Low, two people who loved with honesty, passion and reckless abandon went from one calamitous dangerous situation to the next.

Mary Elizabeth certainly made us feel this story as we ex
FMABookReviews
❝Give me something to run to when this is over.❞

Mary Elizabeth is a word wizard.

I love when authors use words purposefully. When they don't just toss a few on a page and call it good. Mary Elizabeth's word choice was intentional. Her sentences, exquisitely descriptive. Her paragraphs, like poetry. It was a dichotomy really, as the writing was beautiful and lyrical, yet the story was serious and at times, depressing.
❝CAR ALARMS, POLICE sirens, and heavy beats litter the air in a ghetto symp
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Low (Low #1) by Mary Elizabeth
4 stars!!

“Chaos is our marriage certificate. Mayhem is the bond that keeps us together.”

This was one of those books where I read the majority of the book with my heart in my mouth and on the edge of my seat so kudos to Mary Elizabeth for delivering an intense read that I couldn’t put down. To keep a reader’s attention for that long in such a heightened level of anticipation and dread is no mean feat. I literally have no fingernails left at all!!

Another aspect th
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog) by: Christy
Ohmygosh! This book! I freely admit I’m an angst whore, but Low takes angst to a whole new level. It is, without a doubt, the most anxiety-producing novel I’ve ever read. At one point I had to reach out and phone a friend. (Thanks, Christy, for the hand holding.)

I’ve never rooted for criminals so hard in my life, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t behind Lowen and Poesy every step of the way. How could I not feel for a man who always tries to do the right thing, despite the crap hand life continual
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 7b08afae3feff6832f0a396e810ab8_zpsaonj69ez.gif

OMFG!!!!!!! I am in LOVE. In love with Mary Elizabeth and her beautiful words and storyline. In love with her ability to make a story original, full of heart, and make you beg for more. I am in LOVE with her raw characters. I am in love with LOW.

photo e9dd70010c63d4099ce73ba6c62887_zpsdfb4womj.gif“My crimes have never been victimless, but as a kid from the hood, when welfare wasn’t enough, I did what I had to do to help my family get by. ”

So how can this one book make me fall hard. It's sim
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

4 1/2 stars

Mary Elizabeth certainly made us feel this story as we exp
Amber Johnson
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic, arc
I really don't even know where to start with this review. I've sat on it for a bit because one part of me wanted to gather up a bunch of pictures and gifs and make it all pretty - and another part if me feels like all of that would detract from what I need and want to say about this book.

THIS BOOK.

Let me begin by explaining that I have a deep obsession with true crime. It's almost laughable that I write contemporary romance and young adult because I essentially spent the majority of my teen and
Paige
4.5 "Love-Like-Fire" Stars

What an interesting and different kind of love story. Criminals need love too.

Low is a criminal. Not because he wants to be but because life hasn't really given him another choice. Falling in love with Poesy wasn't his plan either but now they're intertwined in every way. Together they build a life from any of the scraps they can pull together. And when the final scrap gives way, Low and Poesy make a plan. Rob a bank so they can get by. But one time isn't enough because
SℓιM
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes romance books?
Recommended to SℓιM by: AudiobookBoom
Shelves: audiobooks
Low (Low, #1) by Mary Elizabeth by Mary Elizabeth

***Spoliers? yes? no? maybe>>>>>> ***

Dude this book was good. It had taken me awhile to finish.

I think they would've gotten away if Posey wouldn't have walk in the bank when he was about to walk out and get shot. And then after her tail get shot she removes her ski-mask like really girl? Then he does the same thing when he sees she got shot smh. Now they're on the run, and people knows their faces."

The second time was when he took
Andrea
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
I am sure it's not the book, it's just me. There is literally nothing that is wrong with this story. The writing is beautiful, the story is interesting however for some reason I personally couldn’t get into it and didn't feel the chemistry or the connection between Low and Poesy. I guess it's just not my cup of tea.
E.M. Abel
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I fuckin LOVED this book.
It was fresh.
It was real.
It was raw.
And the story was a beautiful one.

Mary Elizabeth hit this one out of the park. I felt this shit. It moved me. And it's rare to find books that do those things anymore.

I highly recommend it.

Favorite quotes:
"she's struggling under the pressure of the life she chose by choosing me."

"We did this together and anything we do together is right, Low."

"She's mastered keeping a blank face, sinking hurtful inability lower than an unmarked gra
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author/publisher via blog tour*

4.5 ★

I knew there's a reason why I was gravitating towards this book... *exhales* need to let emotions settle back a bit...

I tend to stay away from reads like this -- young characters and lots of angst. But for some reason, the cover grabbed me as soon as I laid eyes on it. Then the blurb intrigued me equally.

The blurb gives you an idea of what you're in for. A Bonnie-and-Clyde-esque story.

My heart broke repeatedly for these kids, especially Low;
Jean
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still find myself thinking about this book days after finishing.  I think it was the ending that has me all introspective and reliving the story of Low and Poe.  I could feel their desperation.  I could feel their love for one another.

This book was a rollercoaster ride from the start.  I was on the edge of my seat and constantly pulling for them.  They did some really stupid things along the way that just had me shaking my head and wondering "really? why?"

One thing I loved in this book wer
  • Closer
  • Don't Let Me Go
  • Wrecked
  • Badger
  • Knock Love Out (A Very Sexy Romance)
  • Liquid & Ash
  • Over the Hills and Far Away (NOLA's Own, #1)
  • Stain (Stain, #1)
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • Gravity
  • The Hard Count
  • Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)
  • True Control (True, #4.1)
  • Missed Connection (Viral, #1)
  • Kane's Hell
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Target on Our Backs (Monster in His Eyes, #3)
  • Singe (Guardian Protection, #1)
Mary Elizabeth was born and raised in Southern California. She is a wife, mother of four beautiful children, and dog tamer to one enthusiastic Pit Bull and a prissy Chihuahua. She's a hairstylist by day but contemporary fiction, new adult author by night.

Mary can often be found finger twirling her hair and chewing on a stick of licorice while writing and rewriting a sentence over and over until i

Low (2 books)