Start by marking “The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO: A Remarkable Story about Living Your Heart's Desires” as Want to Read:

Once in a while, a book comes along that has the power and the wisdom to speak to the best part of us and awaken our highest selves to the miracle our lives were meant to be. In this truly unforgettable guide, Robin Sharma, author of the national bestseller The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari and a man whose life lessons are currently transforming the lives of many thousands of

Published October 1st 2003 by Hay House (first published 2002)

Start your review of The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO: A Remarkable Story about Living Your Heart's Desires
Carmel
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Shelved to “didn’t finish”. I think I’ve had my fill of self improvement. Whilst this book was loaded with sage advice the premise of the writing and style annoyed me. A book of fiction interweaved with famous quotes after quote just didn’t engage me. Nothing new so shelved.
Michelle Wright
Jul 19, 2011 rated it liked it
This book is about determining what really matters in life- not money, not material posessions, but the real stuff of life. The main character meets with three inspirational coaches who each offer a slightly different perspective and different advice on living an extraordinary life.

Everyone should have this book
Karen
Apr 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Self-help books are tricky. In my view, to be effective, they have to balance meaning and purpose with readability for the audience. In the best books, the audience doesn't realize that they are learning. In my experience, when I begin to feel lectured to, I lose interest and begin to nit pick the writer's material.

The best self-help books I have read have been memoirs. The writer pours his or her heart out and shares what he or she has learned. Off the top of my head, two self-help or motivati
Ana
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. Sharma is definitely not among my fav self-help writes, yet this book left a great impression on me. There is just one thing I really don't like about his books..they all look alike. Oh well, at least I got few good advices form this one :) ...more
Amy
Nov 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirit
This book was referred to me by my co-worker Rich. I totally enjoyed this book and hated to see it end. I liked it so much that I gave it to my CEO for his birthday.
Dinazitawe
Aug 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is a wonderful story.... Well done work about self., life, aims, great expectations... Etc. I will read it again soon. Roben Sharma is a great person in writing different types of scripts. I hope again and again to learn from him.
Isabel Lobo
Oct 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
A friend of mine gave it to me, saying that it changed the way she faced life. I was really skeptical, because all the books i’ve read about spirituality are so fucking pretentious, with so many pretty words that don’t mean a thing actually. But I value a lot my friend’s opinions, so i was willing to give it a try.
Turns out just as I expected: incredibly pretentious, probably the most pretentious book about spirituality i’ve ever read, with all the captions of famous writers and always talking a
Anil Swarup
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier". This quote of Mother Teressa forms the essence of this yet another remarkable offering from Robin Sharma. He goes on to quote The Mahatma to drive home his point relating to focus on oneself, "The only devils in the world are those running in our own hearts. That is where the battle should be fought". The author focusses on the enormous potential that each individual has, "Man's main task is to give birth to himself, to become wha ...more
Saqib Shaikh
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Good Book.. But if you have already read Who will cry when you die, A leader who has no tiled and The monk who sold his Ferrari then this book would be just OK.. As majority of concepts are repeated from those books.
Sumit Srivastava
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
"Knowledge is, knowing that tomato is a fruit; wisdom is, not putting it in a fruit salad".

This book presents the scientific and philosophical work on human behaviour as a self-discovery journey. I can guess that I would have loved this book much more, 5-7 years ago, till I had not been introduced to the "real" scientific and philosophical work.

While I like the part dealing with the human behaviour (much to be taken with a pinch of salt, of course), this book fulfills all the typical criteria
Ramona-Maria
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I can say without hesitation that this is still one of my favorite books. If you’re looking for a motivational book, this would be a great choice. This book is the path of Jack Valentine searching for a life of aspiration, fulfillment and happiness. Through the 3 teachers that he encountered ( a monk, a surfer, and a CEO), Jack discovered philosophies about the world love, passion, happiness, imperfections, respect.
With this lessons you can maybe find your path: this book could be the perfect g
Filipa Oliveira
Although I quite enjoy the message of this book and find it important, it didn't engage me. Unfortunately, the way it was written is really not to my liking. ...more
Salvador
Dec 03, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The worst book I've ever read. It is based on a fake view of reality, it's made for you to believe that the world is all wonderful.
It's fool of cliche ideas like I'll go to India and change myself completely, I'll get home from there spiritualized...
Try and open the book at any page and count how many words like "good, amazing, wonderful, beautiful..." you'll find.
The main message is that choices must be made by intuition and with the heart. Despise reason and logical reasoning. It does not a
Margarida Duarte
Dec 25, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's not my cup of tea... ...more
Paula
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
With great quotes, this books tries to teach us what is really important in life. It is very similar to self help books but since it is written as a story it is lighter and more effective.
Ana Matos
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a good book however it has a story that no longer surprises. The writing of Robin Sharma is a bit like that.
Mariia Manko
May 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I think Robin Sharma's books are the best one books for those who want to find the right way to themselves. He shows how important is to find the purpose of your life, how important is to be good person, how important is to connect to people, how important are the relations...I really love this book. It makes me stronger. It brings me confidence that my way is a right way because it is my way. Still there are some thoughts that I try to understand such as: you will be as happy as you will be use ...more
Julissa Dantes-castillo
Reading this book was a wholesome experience.

It is a self-help but it also carries the story about Jack Valentine, it is very descriptive, for some can be tiresome, and that gives a great idea of where was Jack at any minute making you feel like as Jack you were also on a Hawaii beach.

It has a compilation of much self help books concepts, and even if the knowledge wasn't new the author tried to give different perspectives on every topic.
Roger Vins
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book with lot of insights to life. Its a well laid out plan on how to achieve your highest self and to live a life worth living. Leaving a legacy worth remembering is a valuable goal to have.
Dipak Agarwal
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-discipline
The more you talk about what you want, the more you'll have what you want. ...more
I'm Not
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help, ws-reads
In comparison to the same author's "Monk Who Sold His Ferrari," which really was my cup of tea (though unexpectedly), this one was a let-down because it dwells too much in abstract concepts without any true depth. ...more
Maka
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read with a lot of learning so I will use many times in the future :) 5 stars!
Cari Mayhew
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I was torn between writing a glowing review and writing a scathing review.  Here’s why.

With beautiful quotes of wisdom in almost every sentence, this is most definitely a feel-good book, designed to make you feel good just for being alive.  It is simultaneously the cheesiest book I have ever read in my entire life.

It starts dramatically when protagonist Jack gets a shock to the system following a serious car accident.  Whilst in hospital, he meets Cal, a particularly enigmatic man, who offers Ja
Josh Holland
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. very powerful book! I can say without hesitation that this is one of the most impactful and profound books I’ve ever read. There’s a lot to learn in life and this book helps to break it down into much more manageable ideas and strategies. I highlighted so many quotes and actionable steps and I took screen shots of over 50 pages.
I will definitely suggest this book to everyone I can think of and I’ll most likely read it several more times throughout my life.
Well done Robin Sharma.. well don
Ebrahim AlShakhoori
Another amazing book by Robin Sharma, in this book, he tries to answer simple but fundamental questions: ‘Did I live wisely?’ ‘Did I love well?’ and ‘Did I serve greatly?'.
This book, beside his other works are all about creating an internal change, which is "One single shift that takes place in a single second just might be all it takes to awaken a new reality for you"...
So, I would advise you start reading this book to "Give up the drop, and become the ocean"
Inderpal
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
honestly, i had read so much of Robin sharma when i read this book, half of the time i didn't even pay attention. i quickly went through it, not much to tell about. a few lessons here and there well placed. but all in all, nothing special. ...more
Sunitha Prabhu
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book is interesting and is easy to follow. The advice given by the saint, the surfer, and the CEO are simple yet profound. However, the dialogues appear to be staged with John asking a question, and summarizing the answer. Knowing oneself could be the greatest gift one could hope for.
Assel
Jun 14, 2012 rated it liked it
A good reminder of how to stay in sync with yourself
Sara Jardim
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For me, definitely a life changing book, one I shall never lend to anyone...
As I will be returning to it... Over and over and over again...
I definitely aprove and recomend!
Christina Dias
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite books... completely changed my life and shifted my perspective on the meaning of life.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Muôn Kiếp Nhân Sinh: Many Lives Many Times
  • Hành Trình Về Phương Đông
  • Tuổi Trẻ Đáng Giá Bao Nhiêu
  • Hiểu về trái tim : nghệ thuật sống hạnh phúc
  • Cà Phê Cùng Tony
  • Being in Love: How to Love with Awareness and Relate Without Fear
  • Trên đường băng
  • Tôi Tự Học
  • Bạn đắt giá bao nhiêu?
  • Dấu Chân Trên Cát
  • Minh Triết Trong Đời Sống
  • 15 Minutes to Happiness: Easy, Everyday Exercises to Help You Be The Best You Can Be
  • Sống Thực Tế Giữa Đời Thực Dụng
  • Mình Là Cá, Việc Của Mình Là Bơi
  • Bức Xúc Không Làm Ta Vô Can
  • Đất Rừng Phương Nam
  • Vai Correr Tudo Mal
  • Nếu Ngày Mai Không Bao Giờ Đến
See top shelves…
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies