Start by marking “Texas Bachelor (Whiskey River, #6)” as Want to Read:
Texas Bachelor (Whiskey River, #6)

Texas Bachelor

(Whiskey River #6)

Johnny Gamble isn’t afraid of anything. Except Fiona Lannigan’s effect on him. It’s not just that she sees through his love ‘em and leave ‘em ways, she’s also his partner in Whiskey River’s most prestigious law firm. He believes she deserves better than him until they “matched” at the annual Valentine’s Day dance and the night turns into one of the most romantic of his lif ...more
Published February 3rd 2016 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Texas Bachelor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texas Bachelor

Start your review of Texas Bachelor (Whiskey River, #6)
Irene
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it

The Valentine Gamble was a fun, sweet and entertaining read.

Johnny and Fiona had a good connection, great chemistry and it was enjoyable watching them give into their mutual desire. They put away their fears about commitment to find happiness together, they truly were each other's "one"

I've enjoyed all the books in the Whiskey River Series and recommend them all.

Thank you to Tule Publishing via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Elaine
What a delightful, fun novella addition to this series - it was great to escape back to Whisky River and the familiar characters there again, though I suspect it would also work well as a standalone (but I’m biased and, having read most of the books in the series I can’t really judge that properly).

I’ve read quite a few books by these authors, but don’t think I’ve read one they've written together before and it worked well! When you consider how short this novella is, it still manages to pack so
Nicola
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Although entertaining, book 6 in the Whiskey River series doesn’t really offer anything much in terms of surprises. Johnny Gamble and Fiona Lannigan have been friends for years and partners at their law firm. And a kiss under the mistletoe a couple of months beforehand has stirred something in both of them.

“Once they’d scratched the itch they could go back to being friends.”

Johnny and Fiona were sexy together, but everything was a little too insta and lacked the emotional development of pr
Sue
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved being back in Whiskey River in The Valentine Gamble! There are familiar characters from previous books in this series, but the spotlight is on Johnny and Fiona. They both have their reasons for not getting involved with anyone, but they are also both drawn to each other. Working together makes a personal relationship impossible...or does it?

I liked getting to know Johnny and Fiona as they got to know each other on a more personal level. The rapid progress of their relationship is writte
Beyond the Pages
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Penny Leidecker
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Texas Bachelor is the story of Johnny and Fiona. They’re partners at the law firm along with Ryder, but can they be more? Johnny hasn’t had a serious relationship since his divorce, over ten years ago. Fiona hasn’t had a serious relationship, since she ended her engagement. At the Valentine’s Day dance, they are matched. Grab your copy and see what happens, when the dance ends.
Dana  Kerby
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. Good characters. I really enjoyed the read. Could not put it down.
Emma
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
The Valentine Gamble by Eve Gaddy and Katherine Garbera

Johnny Gamble isn’t afraid of anything. Except Fiona Lannigan’s affect on him. It’s not just that she sees through his love ‘em and leave ‘em ways, she’s also his partner in Whiskey River’s most prestigious law firm. He believes she deserves better than him until they “matched” at the annual Valentine’s Day dance and the night turns into one of the most romantic of his life. Convincing him that he’s found a woman he doesn’t want to leave.

Fio
charmaine White
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Read

I have really been enjoying this series.Each book can stand alone and yet sort of leads you into the next.
BookSnuggle
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
Shelves: romance
"The Valentine Gamble" by Katherine Garbera and Eve Gaddy is book six in the "Whiskey River" series. This is Johnny Gamble and Fiona Lannigan's story.

Johnny and Fiona have known each for more than ten years. They went to college together and they are also partners in a law firm. Johnny and Fiona both feel the chemistry between them, but haven't really acted on it. They didn't want to ruin their friendship or working relationship. Things start to change after Johnny and Fiona get matched up at th
Sue Stewart
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really good book - we don't always see what's right in front of us!!!! Fiona and Johnny were such a funny, sweet couple! ...more
Janine
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A love worth the gamble.

Kissing Johnny Gamble under the mistletoe at Christmas was something Fiona Lannigan couldn't get out of her mind. Now Valentine's Day was here and Fiona's fantasies were getting out of control. They were co-workers and she knew they needed to stay professional.

Trusting a man romantically wasn’t something Fiona did easily. Would Johnny be different from her ex-fiancé? Could he be trusted with her heart?

As fate would have it, Fiona and Johnny got set up as a couple for The
Heidi Pergolski
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Partners in life, law and love.

This is what Ryder and Addison have and exactly what Johnny wants with Fiona. They are lawyers working in the same firm. When Johnny is paired up with Fiona during the Valentine’s Day dance, he realizes she just might be the one. Fiona on the other hand feels getting serious could jeopardize their working relationship. They should just have fun at the dance and leave it at that.

However when Johnny starts showing her just how much he likes her, maybe even loves he
Books and Spoons
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
A perfect story to escape for a couple of hours. It has some serious spark, from friends to lovers theme, and lots of steamy moments over the valentine's day date!

I really liked, that Johnny was so over the moon for Fiona. He really loves her, and is trying to do everything right, and then trying a little too hard, and of course he fumbles all over that.
And Fiona isn't holding off for any other reason, but fear, and for Jonny to see that, it was adorable. And sometimes all you need is some advi
Margaret Sholders
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I like this series. Katherine and Eva do a great job writing together. They sure did a good job with this story line and characters. Fiona has known Johnny since they studied together with Ryder in College. They decided to start a law office together. Johnny was married and divorced before they met. Spoiler. Fiona was damaged by a previous fiancee. Big Spoiler! Their town of Whiskey River always seem to run auctions for Charities. Johnny and Fiona get paired together. Spoiler. They are both afra ...more
Valerie
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fiona Lannigan and Johnny Gamble were partners in a law firm in Whiskey River. Having known each other since law school ten long years ago there wasn’t much they didn’t know about each other until the one mistletoe kiss and then there was the Whiskey River Valentine’s Day dance. What would happen when those two would get paired up? Would they still be just partners? Or would something more come out of that night?

In this quick Whiskey River novella Ms. Gabera and Ms. Gaddy expand on the law firm
Shari
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love returning to Whiskey River, and nothing is better than to celebrate Valentine's Day with Fiona and Johnny. They are lawyers in the same law firm, have known each other since their college days. They have always fought off the physical attraction between the two of them until the Valentine's Dance, where they are paired together. They can no longer fight off the attraction, what can one night hurt. Now Johnny has to prove his love is more than for one night of passion.

I could not put dow
Elle Markov
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a short novella to tidy up all the characters from the law firm that let Kelly brothers that they have two half-brothers.

You don’t have to read the other five books in the series, though you should; the stories are great and the covers are drool worthy.

In this story Johnny Gamble and Fiona Lannigan get their happily ever-after. All Johnny has to do is convince Fiona that he’s not a jerk and that when it comes to her, well, he’s ready for forever.

I was entertained with the story. Althoug
H.L. Nighbor
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
**I received this book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.**

This was a cute novella about Johnny Gamble and Fiona Lannigan. The two work together and are good friends who have had a few romantic run ins that all began with a kiss under the mistletoe. The story was a really quick read and was pretty cliche. From the beginning, you knew where this story was going and there was very little surprise.

While the storyline was predictable, it was well-written and the characters did have some
Christine
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this Valentine story and trip back to Whiskey River. Though we didn't get a chance to catch up with previous characters from the other books we find out more about Fiona and Johnny. Fiona has been burned in the romance department and is just looking for a fun time this Valentine's Day. Johnny was married and divorced and is not sure what he wants but believes he is ready to go to the next level. It is great to see these two work things out for themselves and then proceed forward.

I receiv
Lea
I have to say I did not enjoy this book as much as the other Whiskey River books I have read. Johnny and Fiona have good chemistry and a strong relationship but it just felt like this story was missing something though I can’t put my finger on what. Even though this one was not my favorite I am looking forward to more books in this series and to see what the authors have on store for some of the new characters we met. I received an ARC of this book from the publisher through Net Galley in exchan ...more
Bonnie Gonzales
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fiona works in a law oe ffice and she has feelings for one of her partners Johnny, but she keeps it to her self not letting her feelings show, are so she thinks.
The Valentines dance is for singles and they are matched up with another single and when her friends hint that she will be matched up with some one good she decides to go, and of course she is matched up with Johnny.
This book was so engaging, and I loved the ending. I recommend it to romance readers who love a steamy scene or two.
I w
Denise
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Valentine Gamble was a short yet entertaining read. The connection between Johnny and Fiona was great. I thought they had a very cute and playful relationship. Their banter was fun to read. This short story was the first I read in the series, but I will definitely read the others if they are anything like this one. Even though Johnny and Fiona already have a history (they work together, and somewhat tested the waters), the way it was written put the reader in the loop of their chemistry. Def ...more
Rosemary K
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a perfect combination! Valentine's Day and romance. Johnny Gamble and Fiona Lannigan feel an attraction, but will never act on it. What will happen now that they are paired for this special dance? I enjoy the chemistry between these two. When they're together sparks fly but there is something more. I love their flirtatious banter. I smiled when they open their hearts to each other. As always I enjoy coming to Whiskey River. Katherine Garbera and Eve Gaddy have written a story that is pure r ...more
Paula Pugh
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I honestly enjoyed reading the story of Fiona Lannigan and Johnny Gamble. They have been friends since law school and are partners in their law firm. But, they have never been love partners, even though Johnny would give anything for that to happen. His chance comes when they are partnered at the annual Whiskey River Valentine’s dance for singles. Johnny is determined to use the night to show love shy Fiona all he has to offer and then some.
Bette Hansen
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable fun sexy read. There's always been a spark of attraction between Johnny Gamble and Fiona Lannigan but there has always been so many things standing in there way. They are partners in the same law firm, she sees too much of him and it scare him to death, and she doesn't think there can be anything more than one night. Johnny finally convinces her to gamble on him for one Valentines night. After that, nothing will be the same.

I recommend this one.
Michelle
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book 6 in the Whiskey River Series brings us Fiona and Johnny's story. They are law partners with chemistry, but Johnny has shied away from commitment since his divorce and Fiona has a past that has her hesitating to become involved in another serious relationship. They end up paired up at the Valentine's Dance and are forced to face their feelings. I enjoyed their steamy Valentine's story and the visit back to Whiskey River! ...more
Debbie
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Katherine Garbera and Eve Gaddy take us back to Whiskey River with The Valentine Gamble, the sixth book in their Whiskey River series.

Johnny and Fiona have known each other forever and are partners in their law firm. The mutual attraction and chemistry become impossible to ignore after the Valentine's Day dance.

I enjoyed the time back in Whiskey River with this fun, quick, sweet Valentine romance. I'm looking forward to many more visits back to Whiskey River with Garbera and Gaddy.
Laura D
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Fiona and Johnny met in law school and now years later they work for the same firm. They do a lot of flirting but they haven't cross the line of friendship, except for that red hot kiss. When they are set up as a couple for the Valentine dance all bets are off as Johnny tires to romance Fiona. Maybe if he can show her how great they could be together she will give them a chance. This was a fun and quick read. ...more
Donnajo
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read/review for honest opinion for Tule publishing and authors

A Whiskey River story, The Valentine Gamble by Katherine Garbera and Eve Gaddy. A sweet novella that pulled me in from the first page and I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading the story of Johnny Gamble and Fiona Lannigan. A fast paced Valentine romance story. Looking forward to reading more by both of these authors.

• Rebel Pilot, Texas Doctor (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #1)
  • Homecoming for the Cowboy (Bad Boys of Last Stand #1)
  • The Bull Rider's Return (The Starr Brothers of Montana, #3)
  • Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2) (The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • No Ordinary Texas Billionaire (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #3)
  • Texas on My Mind (Heart of Texas Book 2)
  • A Texas Christmas Reunion (Whiskey River Christmas #2)
  • Whiskey River Runaway (Whiskey River #2)
  • Texas Cowboy Daddy (Don't Mess With Texas Cowboys #4)
  • Texas Cowboy's Protection
  • Texas Cowboy Justice (Don't Mess With Texas Cowboys #2)
  • Whiskey River Rockstar (Whiskey River, #3)
  • Texas Cowboy's Honor (Don't Mess With Texas Cowboys #3)
  • Handsome Rancher (Handsome Devils #1)
  • Cowboy Up (Tangled up in Texas, #1)
  • Whiskey River Rescue (Whiskey River, #1)
  • Wind River Lawman
  • A Son for the Texas Cowboy (The Texas Wolf Brothers #1)
Katherine Garbera is the USA Today best-selling author of more than 90 books. A Florida native who grew up to travel the globe, Katherine makes her home in the Midlands of the UK with her husband, two children and a very spoiled miniature Dachshund.

Her upcoming release is Craving His Best Friend's Ex from Harlequin books, August 2018.

Join Katherine on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KatherineG

Whiskey River (6 books)
  • Where There's a Will (Whiskey River, #1)
  • Texas Cowboy (Whiskey River, #2)
  • One Night with the Tycoon (Whiskey River, #3)
  • Texas Rebel (Whiskey River, #4)
  • One Night with the Playboy (Whiskey River, #5)