Start by marking “The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4)

The Twilight Saga

(Twilight #1-4)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  104,749 ratings  ·  3,902 reviews
This stunning set, complete with all four hardcover books as well as four collectible prints, makes the perfect gift for fans of the bestselling vampire love story.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn capture the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires.

Set contains the 1st Edition printings
Published November 20th 2008 by Little, Brown and Company (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Twilight Saga, please sign up.
Rephaim Anffinson Twilight sucks I hated the series I'm not a Twihard I'm a Twilight hater and proud of it, Twilight books are far worst, Bella is dimwitted weak…moreTwilight sucks I hated the series I'm not a Twihard I'm a Twilight hater and proud of it, Twilight books are far worst, Bella is dimwitted weak annoying shallow whiny bitch who hates Forks if she hates Forks so much why she bother to go? Because she's a DIMWITTED BITCH! I've read the books I absolutely hated it!
(less)

·  104,749 ratings  ·  3,902 reviews

Start your review of The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4)
Anna
You see that one little star? It’s there because I can’t give this series a 0 stars, if I could, I would.

So I’m finally reviewing The Twilight Saga. Ugh, honestly I’d rather not because I know this will make me even more angry about these books, but I had to say my opinion on them. So if I sound angry in this review…. It’s probably because I am.

So let’s get started, shall we?

First of all, I’d like to say that yes, I did love these books the first time I read them, 3 years ago, I
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
See this review and more on The Moonlight Library!

In Twilight, Bella goes insane when her mother re-marries and ships her off to live with her absent father. In trying to cope with this, Bella imagines a world where she is the centre of attention from every boy in school, especially the hottest, most desirable Edward Cullen. But Edward isn’t just the most desirable guy, no: he’s also a vampire, and sheer coincidence, Bella’s blood sings to him. This should be a problem, because Edward’s supposed to lose contr
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars

Reviewing The Twilight Saga is a nearly unwinnable battle. If you admit to enjoying it, you run the risk of being branded an idiot. Luckily I have loads of experience with people telling me I'm an idiot, so I'm cool with it.

Let me paint a picture for you and maybe you'll understand how this little series came to garner such a high rating from me. I read all four of the Twilight novels back-to-back (to back to back) over the course of one magical summer. It was the summer I ceased to be a flotation d
Manny
(Partly based on a conversation with G N F)

- Hello. Thank you for answering our advertisement. Now, I'm going to give you a short presentation, and I'd like to measure your reactions. Just sit down here... I'm connecting this to your right wrist... this goes over your head... and, if you wouldn't mind... exactly. Right, we're almost set. Let me check it's working. Say something that's true, like, I don't know, "I am a fourteen year old girl". Good! And now something that's false, lik
Celeste
Full review now posted!

Books are supposed to educate and enlighten and broaden the mind. They are supposed to help us understand ourselves and those who have nothing in common with us except our humanity. Books let us travel to distant lands, help us remember the past and envision the future, and they remind us to appreciate our present.

But dang it, they’re also here to entertain us. We don’t belittle television shows for amusing us and allowing us to escape from reality and forget
*TANYA*
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, all-time-fav
ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES EVER!!! No other compares!!!
Rebecca McNutt
Uh, okay... normally I loathe profanity at the best of times, but in the case of The Twilight Saga, I have only two words that I'd like to say to it...

description

These are the worst bunch of books I've ever read (they're almost as terrible as that godawful The Hunger Games series). Mind you, I'm sure that Twilight is really important and amazing to some readers. In my opinion though, it was just bizarre. I mean, c'mon, glit
Anuradha
The final edition of Anuradha, Stop Using the Word Rebuttal. The previous four (yes, I wrote four more of this shit) parts of this ramble may be found in my reviews of Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

I repeat, I'm only posting this because I read this article. I'm literally only refuting the points mentioned in this, nothing else. I don't like comparison, but if the other party does it, be sure that I will respond.

REBUTTAL POINTS 41-46:

41. The HP books are all depressing. Lots of good characters die, which isn't cool. And the
Crystal Stinger
Mar 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was by far the best book i have ever read. Usually i dont find any interest in reading, but when i started Twilight i couldn't put it down. Ever since i read the Twilight series i've started reading on a regular basis. Even though i've read all the Twilight books i know that i will continue reading them over and over again and never get tired of them. I've told all of my friends about this book and they have read it and enjoyed it just as much as i did.
Elizabeth
I feel like I'm being generous with my two stars. Writing? Overwrought. Plot? Sooo thin. Characters? Mostly unlikeable (or forgettable). Misogyny and patriarchy? Slathered on with a spackle knife. Thinly veiled hopes to compare her stories to "Romeo and Juliet" and "Wuthering Heights"? Meyer, c'mon. Mormon subtext? Go read storey321's review here: http://stoney321.livejournal.com/3171... because I will never top that.

However, after a really slow start, I tore through the last two. I guess Flanagan had something true in her
Hannah
Jan 18, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Not a person in the world
Recommended to Hannah by: Many of my friends
These book are a shame to literature. One day, I can only hope and pray, this Saga will be laughed at in sheer disgust and mocked, and all who said that it was the "best and most romantic book ever" will be mocked as well. If your looking for gushy, teenager romance junk, than these are the books for you. If you want something truly romantic, characters that actually have personalities, and a plot that dousnt make you cringe and want to stab yourself, than don't even glance at these "books". It ...more
Frances
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jessica
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twilight (book 1) re-read. Still love it after ten years. Haters gonna hate.
Hayley
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spuurrrnggeeee
May 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This shouldn't even be called a book. It is horrid. It should be illegal.
I'm not just saying this because it's a bad book (which it is) but because it's such a bad influence. The message of this book (given out by one putrid Bella Swan)is that a girl is useless without her boyfriend.
Honestly it's all Bella's fault, I mean when Edward leaves her she crawls up on the ground and is depressed for, like, half a year. She only gets better when she gets another man in her life, Jacob Black
Mojca
Thanks to a bet (involving things I would rather not disclose) I had to read the entire Twilight Saga (all four books). I accomplished the feat in four days back to back (no DNF option). I already had the books on my TBR pile, but I kept finding excuses not to read them. And I was right to dawdle.

Instead of writing the review for each and every book in this "saga", I decided to put all my eggs in one basket, so to speak, and write only one review, listing only the three major gripes.
Christine Wheeler
I used to think these books sounded stupid and refused to read them, making fun of anyone who did. However, when my nineteen-year-old self got dumped a few years ago and I was looking for a distraction, I decided "you can't knock it till you try it, right?" I read the whole series front to back in 4 days (which speaks more to the lack of complexity of this series than it does to my reading abilities) and here's my verdict:

This series is about as entertaining as reading a twelve-year-
Anusha Narasimhan
So there is a Japanese manga adaptation of the series and I need it ASAP. I may not be a Twilight fan, but I am a fan of manga. Sometimes, I even read bad manga because it is fun. There is only a level up to which a bad story can annoy the reader. If it gets any worse, it becomes funny. I go pretty fast from, "What the heck am I reading. It's making me so irritated, I want to tear this book." to "LOL, the author actually thought this would work." I know this one is going to be hilarious.

Un
Stephanie
Apr 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Recommended to Stephanie by: I searched for it on my own
Shelves: book-club-books
Andie
May 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK all these books are good, but extremely frustrating at the same time.... He's like 150years old and has never had sex?!! Drives me crazy!! Just do it already!!! BY the end of the third one I'm so angry I can't see straight. The author does a really great job getting you to keep turning the pages, and just when you think there's gonna be awesome sex...None!! Oh the morals you can learn from this book. Maybe Bella wouldn't be so sad all the time if her cold, bloodsucking, boyfriend wasn't such ...more
βҽϲκαӏίη
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really, really awesome series. who doesnt like Twilight?
*lestrange*
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TWILIGHT IS AWESOME!!!! GO TWILIGHT!!! Alice is soooo my favorite. Cant wait till the movie!!!!
Marcia
Oct 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am going to clump all the books into one review even though I preferred the first and 3rd books to the other 2. I enjoyed Breaking Dawn until I read the reviews about how dissapointed everyone was with the book...saying it was too perfect. I heard in Utah there is a group of ladies who have thought less of their husbands after reading about Edward and how perfect he is...a gentleman and handsome etc. Please! He's a vampire. I thought Breaking Dawn ended just how I wanted it too. Yes, there were a ...more
Gayatri, eine Leseratte
The story is not worth much, though I must admit 5 years ago I was completely crazy about these books. Since I am not a fan of the triangle or whatever it was between Edward-Bella-Jacob, I always liked Alice, Emmett, Carlisle etc.
Even today, I do like some of the characters in the series and there are bunch of my hostel buddies with whom I bonded and became quite good friends because of these books/movies so yeah, this story will always have special place in my heart.
Hence, 3 stars! ;) Otherwi
Someoneyouknow
Jun 17, 2010 rated it did not like it
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of uf bc it's... not that bad
Maybe I should rate this higher just because I enjoyed it?? I don't exactly recommend this book, but I have to admit, I found it weirdly compelling when I read it in sixth grade. I found it trashy even then, but I wasn't bored and I never wanted to stop reading. Why? I'm really not sure. It's just one of those questions that will never be answered.

WOW THIS SERIES IS REALLY FUCKING LONG??

IT'S TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED SIXTY FUCKING PAGES NOT EVEN INCLUDING THE DAMN NOVELLAS.

anyway I'm callin
Carly
Mar 30, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Before I talk about what many expect to hear from those who didn't like the series, I would like to say that this series actually had SOME moments of redeeming qualities. Alice is an amazing character. She is sweet, she is likeable and it's too bad she didn't become more of a main character. Jacob's character had a potential to be well-written and his tribe and perspective was sometimes interesting, but his likeability died for me in the 4th book for a reason that is a spoiler. That being said, ...more
Rachel
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As you can see by my stars I didn't particularly enjoy this book. However, I think it's important to read the books that teen girls are reading to get a handle on how their minds are working, especially in regards to relationships.

I know abuse is a really dirty subject and not many of us want to talk about it. Unfortunately, often the things we don't want to talk about are the things that need to be talked about. How many young girls can identify some of the signs that they are in an
Carolina
Mar 13, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yuck! I thought I didn't like Belle because she was a whinny teenage girl - after continuing to read the entire series, I realized I didn't like ANY of the characters! No character development was a real turn off for me.

Knowing the audience was supposed to be teenage girls, I expected more. I certainly didn't expect the message to be the only way to happiness is to have two boys fight for you, or getting married and wanting to have sex should be your goal in life, only go for the richest guy to
Teenage Love Triangles 2 3 Oct 19, 2019 07:05PM
twilight lovers!: jane never looks at alice WHY? 2 25 Apr 18, 2019 01:32AM
Castle Dracula: Twilight 54 41 Apr 02, 2019 05:52PM
Addicted to YA: Twilight-Love or Hate? 36 349 Aug 26, 2018 04:50PM
Why does Edward even love Isabella Swan?? 10 128 Apr 10, 2018 01:35PM

• The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3)
  • Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades, #1-3)
  • Harry Potter Series Box Set (Harry Potter, #1-7)
  • Divergent Series Complete Box Set (Divergent, #1-3)
  • The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3)
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
  • Harry Potter Collection (Harry Potter, #1-6)
  • Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-6)
  • Sookie Stackhouse Series Set (Volume 1-12)
  • True Blood Collection (Sookie Stackhouse #1-9 and A Touch of Dead)
  • Eclipse: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #3)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • The House of Night Series: Books 1-12 (House of Night, #1-12)
  • The Mortal Instruments, the Complete Collection: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass; City of Fallen Angels; City of Lost Souls; City of Heavenly Fire
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • The Maze Runner Trilogy (Maze Runner, #1-3)
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to Goo ...more

Twilight (4 books)
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
  • Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
“I’ve chosen my life — now I want to start living it.” 336 likes